PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Gay Pattayan!

July 18th, 2006, 17:03
View Our Promotional Flyer Below:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/C ... 86e50a.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/CTPManatee/8c86e50a.jpg)

For Immediate Release:

Niddy's Nook is proud to present the greatly anticipated announcement of the Tribute to Gay Pattayan Party to honor Allen Briggs of the PattayaGay.com Weekly Report. On Saturday, August 5, 2006, Niddy will prepare a special Thai & American Buffet priced at just 200 baht per person. In addition, the new tropical cocktail which usually costs 130 baht will be on sale (one night only) at a discounted price of 90 baht!

Allen has been a pillar of the Pattaya Community for many, many years and has tirelessly created the Weekly Report updating important happenings in the gay Pattaya Community. His report is read far and wide around the globe and provides long-distance viewers with a chance to live in Thailand vicariously, while also providing local Ex-Pats with much needed quality information.

For this and many more reasons, Niddy's Nook wishes to immortalize Allen through the creation of this cocktail and honor his hard work with a celebration of friends, readers and well-wishers.

The Buffet will be available starting at 7:00 PM on Saturday, August 5, 2006.

Respectfully Submitted,
Niddy's Nook Promotions

UncleSam
July 18th, 2006, 17:11
You gotta be kidding.

What's in it ?

Mekong Whiskey and Chang beer, stirred, not shaken.

July 18th, 2006, 17:13
"Immortalize Allen"?

Bwahahahaha!

10 to 1 Allen lasts longer than the Nook!

wowpow
July 18th, 2006, 22:48
I wonder if Allan knows that this 'immortalization' by naming a cocktail after him at Niddy's Nook (?) is a totally commercial event.

Smiles
July 19th, 2006, 01:31
" ... Allen has been a pillar of the Pattaya Community for many, many years and has tirelessly created the Weekly Report updating important happenings in the gay Pattaya Community. His report is read far and wide around the globe and provides long-distance viewers with a chance to live in Thailand vicariously, while also providing local Ex-Pats with much needed quality information ... "
. . . and his "PattayaGay Message Board" was one of the best ever IMHO. It invented Hedda :cheers:

Cheers ...

August 2nd, 2006, 15:09
Now let me get this right we are all invited to a party where we have to pay to eat and drink everything, and you are using Mr. Allen Briggs to get us all there am I mistaken., is there some award or something. for us and him ?

wat do u expect? free food? dosnt he have to buy it too?
dont you pay for food when yu go out?
-M

July 30th, 2009, 16:31
View Our Promotional Flyer Below:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/C ... 86e50a.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/CTPManatee/8c86e50a.jpg)

For Immediate Release:

Niddy's Nook is proud to present the greatly anticipated announcement of the Tribute to Gay Pattayan Party to honor Allen Briggs of the PattayaGay.com Weekly Report. On Saturday, August 5, 2006, Niddy will prepare a special Thai & American Buffet priced at just 200 baht per person. In addition, the new tropical cocktail which usually costs 130 baht will be on sale (one night only) at a discounted price of 90 baht!

Allen has been a pillar of the Pattaya Community for many, many years and has tirelessly created the Weekly Report updating important happenings in the gay Pattaya Community. His report is read far and wide around the globe and provides long-distance viewers with a chance to live in Thailand vicariously, while also providing local Ex-Pats with much needed quality information.

For this and many more reasons, Niddy's Nook wishes to immortalize Allen through the creation of this cocktail and honor his hard work with a celebration of friends, readers and well-wishers.

The Buffet will be available starting at 7:00 PM on Saturday, August 5, 2006.

Respectfully Submitted,
Niddy's Nook Promotions

Is the cocktail known as a "Briggs" I want to know the ingredients so I can order one every time Im in Thailand. Did Niddy's nook out live Allen after all or was it the other way around. Sure if it's the first everyone will be missing that infamous cheese burger and chippies.

July 30th, 2009, 17:51
"Immortalize Allen"?

Bwahahahaha!

This guy was good...

allieb
July 30th, 2009, 19:24
"Immortalize Allen"?

Bwahahahaha!

This guy was good...

A bit sad when you have to quote yourself to get attention

July 30th, 2009, 19:29
"Immortalize Allen"?

Bwahahahaha!

This guy was good...

Not only he was good he was also a genius... and kept re-inventing himself :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Khor tose
July 30th, 2009, 21:32
"Immortalize Allen"?

Bwahahahaha!

This guy was good...

So was Chao Na when he talked TO people and not AT them. :thumbleft:

Impulse
July 31st, 2009, 03:46
Well,well,would you look at that,Smiles,Boy Geenyus,and let me tell you,all holding hands and dancing in a circle singing kum bai ya together.Some things never change.

July 31st, 2009, 07:57
yes very sweet :smurf:

catawampuscat
July 31st, 2009, 08:00
I was at the tribute for GayPattayan at Niddys Nook.. It was very sweet and full of good vibrations
and joy. I vaguely remember a mixed cocktail named for Allen but it was just an incidental part of the
evening..
I find myself in complete agreement with Beach Bunny's opining on boygeenyus and am sure
chao na wouldn't have had an issue with it either..
I am beginning to think Bottoms Up reminds of someone who used to post here but can't quite put
my finger on it.. I'll bet trongpai has figured it all out by now... :cat:

Wesley
July 31st, 2009, 08:33
I wonder if Allan knows that this 'immortalization' by naming a cocktail after him at Niddy's Nook (?) is a totally commercial event.

Whats Allen's Cut, maybe he won't spend it but his bF might, Immortalizing his name in a cock may be more interesting than the tail. I immediately thought it was an advertisement to make money and if I.... one who rarely accuses anyone of anything God how obvious is it.

Wes

July 31st, 2009, 09:43
Just a very nice thing to do to remember old chums Wesley. Do you seriously think it was going to make Niddy rich? :clown: As it is no one even remembers the ingredients.

Diec
July 31st, 2009, 11:31
I was hoping Niddy would have held a huge fund raiser to start an Allen Brigg's foundation. This foundation could help all those lovely brown skinned Thai boy's that we all love and admire. The fund could help provide food, rent assistance, dental and medical care for those delicious yummies who are having a hard time in this economy. If each gay bar in Pattaya would hold a fund raiser on a rotating basis I think this could be doable.

Come on guys, let's put our gay dollars to work and make this work. Is anyone with me?

July 31st, 2009, 12:13
Are Thai male prostitutes having a hard time due to the economic down turn? Are tourist numbers very much lower?

July 31st, 2009, 12:15
Only if your foundation can prevent these "poor brown boys" from spending their money on drugs, gambling, going to discotheque, and buying fancy clothes and mobile phones.

Diec
July 31st, 2009, 12:30
Only if your foundation can prevent these "poor brown boys" from spending their money on drugs, gambling, going to discotheque, and buying fancy clothes and mobile phones.

You are correct Rabbit, with knowledge and education, these boys can be taught the value of the Baht. How many farang live in Pattaya that can volunteer their time and expertise to help these young heart breakers. If we can pull this off it will truly immortalize Allen Briggs and his new foundation!! Allen is beloved and I believe this will be a perfect send off for him. He would just adore it!! Helping people is what he is all about.

July 31st, 2009, 12:31

In short to commit suicide.

Is there already an Allen Briggs foundation, so soon after his death?

July 31st, 2009, 12:37
pull this off it will truly immortalize Allen Briggs and his new foundation!! .

Sure I don't know what you mean, pull it yourself. I definitely seem to be having problems with some of the tenses being used in posts.

Is he dead and is there a foundation? :shaking2:

July 31st, 2009, 12:38
You are correct Rabbit, with knowledge and education, these boys can be taught the value of the Baht.

The best way to teach them the value of the baht is not to give them any. Make them work for it, like the other 10 million Thai males in the 18-25 year group who don't choose to be a bar boy.

July 31st, 2009, 12:44
Ten million in the 18-25 year group? That many? No shortage then jut supply supply supply supply. I think a foundation would be an excellent idea (if it isn't up already).

Brad the Impala
July 31st, 2009, 13:20
Well,well,would you look at that,Smiles,Boy Geenyus,and let me tell you,all holding hands and dancing in a circle singing kum bai ya together.Some things never change.

If you listen closely you will find that the song being sung is not the traditional "kum bai yaa", but it's modern derivative "kum yaa baa". Surely more appropriate for the participants.

allieb
July 31st, 2009, 14:16
You are correct Rabbit, with knowledge and education, these boys can be taught the value of the Baht.

The best way to teach them the value of the baht is not to give them any. Make them work for it, like the other 10 million Thai males in the 18-25 year group who don't choose to be a bar boy.

Of these 10 million non bar boys , how many do you think freelance or are potential freelancers. Its my understanding that there are a good few available to top up their earnings if they smell the money.

July 31st, 2009, 14:44
Percentage-wise, I think only a very, very small number of Thai boys sell themselves for sex. Even if you were to add up all the boys working in bars, go-go's, and massage parlors across the Kingdom, then add it to the street walkers and internet hustlers, you still come up with a number in the thousands -- not even the tens of thousands.

As to the number that might be tempted to sell themselves at the right price, the number is close to 100% (just like it is in every other country in the world). Everyone has their price.

July 31st, 2009, 22:30
As to the number that might be tempted to sell themselves at the right price, the number is close to 100%

That explains so much :blush: and I can never remember to pay or do they forget to charge?

topjohn5
August 7th, 2009, 12:20

Ohhh Bunny, I think they work for it don't you. Earning every baht looking after some of the disasters I have seen.....BFOC's, some more some less.
Maybe you should try a different economic approach.....some sliding price differential maybe based on a weight/age factor to begin with (add hair and smell maybe, possibly wrinkle count later).....get these guys a raise I say!
:idea: