PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a hug

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 10:12
My Mam died in January. I looked after her for 7 yeas before she went into a nursing home] I really miss her right now. So gimmme a hug

bobsaigon2
November 18th, 2017, 11:04
Can't find the right emoji. Consider yourself hugged. Yes, parents are supposed to be always around for us, takes months to re-evaluate our roles after they depart. Your case even more so because of the intensity of care giving over a long period. Maybe in January, stop by a Wat in Thailand, burn some incense, say a prayer. I think she'd be glad to know you're thinking of her in that way.

latintopxxx
November 18th, 2017, 12:04
dont be silly...she was catholic...best he pop into the nearest catholic church and light some candles...there is an excellent one not top far from Babylon in BKK

bobsaigon2
November 18th, 2017, 13:43
Of course she was Catholic, but I think she'd enjoy a few prayers wafting her way during Joe's Asian adventure.

a447
November 18th, 2017, 13:56

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 13:59
thanks bob, that's exactly what I'll do.I don't personally have a religious belief, and I don't think she's out there somewhere, but lighting a bit of incense will simply recognise that I miss her.

My mother went to Mass everyday, but was quite liberal. Our parish priest Father Martin came out during Mass as the same-sex marriage referendum was going on. He got a standing ovation in church. I've never seen anything like it.

bobsaigon2
November 18th, 2017, 14:08
I don't know either, Joe. My sister went to a medium recently and according to that lady, my mother said my move "far away" (= Asia) was a good idea. Who knows. Somehow I always find it comforting to think there is something coming next rather than death ending it all.

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 14:26
Sorry but another stupid question - would it be okay for me as a lone farang to go into that Wat on Pattaya Tai ((opposite the school) on my own and light some incense in memory of my mother?

bobsaigon2
November 18th, 2017, 15:27
Sure, Joe. Thais generally appreciate seeing farangs (appearing to) practice Buddhism.

latintopxxx
November 18th, 2017, 17:12
joe...stop being a total twat...if u r gonna honour your mothers memory then do it properly...in the faith she loved and practiced...

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 23:17
latin, there will be a Mass at my mother's local church to mark the anniversary.

I normally don't mind your language, but in this context found it objectionable.

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 00:05
Sure, Joe. Thais generally appreciate seeing farangs (appearing to) practice Buddhism.

Thais generally don't care what you practise as long as you don't interfere with their lives or make a nuisance of yourself. If you insist on playing the fool or being a nuisance, then they still wouldn't care as long as you remain in designated idiot shitholes like Pattaya where you'll be another anecdote of farang folly for their amusement.

Talk about ex cathedra statements!