View Full Version : new bar in jomtiem

aot871
November 16th, 2017, 07:05
I have been told that a new bar called M to M has opened in the jomtiem complex. Is it the same as most of the bars in the complex ie full of guys from Cambodia ?

Smiles
November 16th, 2017, 12:33
I have been told that a new bar called M to M has opened in the jomtiem complex. Is it the same as most of the bars in the complex ie full of guys from Cambodia ?

Thanks Aot for this info. Jomtien Complex is my favourite hang out place when going to Pattaya/Jomtien ... (i.e. about 2 or 3 times a year).
Could you ~ or someone ~ point out where M-to-M is on this map?

https://preview.ibb.co/njHMHm/Jomtien_Map_New.gif

arsenal
November 16th, 2017, 13:09
Smiles post made me laugh. I must have been to Jomtien a hundred times and I still couldn't tell you which bar is which or where it is.

colmx
November 17th, 2017, 01:50
I'm not a regular in Jomtien complex... but I would guess that 80% of the bars on that map are no longer in business... or are operating under a new name

Perhaps its time someone made a new one!

newalaan2
November 17th, 2017, 02:00
I'm not a regular in Jomtien complex... but I would guess that 80% of the bars on that map are no longer in business... or are operating under a new name Perhaps its time someone made a new one!

The biggest change to that map would be the amount of NEW bars which have opened over the last 2-3 years. BC Bar, 4T bar, @Home Bar, Sun Bar, Big Kiss Bar, Tommys Bar, Elysium Bar, 3B bar, Your Bar, Man Bar, Lets Enjoy Bar, Angel Boys Bar.......all missing from that map, and that's just what I remember from top-of-the-head of my most recent trip. so there's quite a few gaps to be filled in there smiles! You'll need a few days just to get round them all.....by the way any plans for a Jomtien return? I'm booked in for early Feb there.

Smiles
November 17th, 2017, 06:00
Sorry guys. That map is old for sure, but damned if could find one that is in any way up to date. I just thought the OP could locate his newly-found bar on it, even though many of them are gone now, replaced with new names.

Centuries ago when I started up Sawatdee I included a forum which was just a place to post maps of gay venues in places like Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya/Jomtien.
Nice try, but it was a nightmare trying to keep up with the continually changing dynamic of gogo bars, beer bars, host bars. Good luck to any gay website which intends to keep up with the merry-go-round of gay venues in Thailand.

Newalaan is trying to pull-a-cndmatt on me. :mad: I'm honoured.
As it stands now sometime in February would be fine, other than the unforeseen ... talk on PM. (I would enjoy the scoop on you-know-who.)

aussie_
November 17th, 2017, 06:47
M2M is adjacent to the 4T bar which is located near where Sam' bar is shown on the map. A short walk down the soi on the left side from the Poseidon Hotel.

The new double size M2M bar was being renovated when i left on November 10. I was told it is the show bar transferred from Boyztown's Cafe Royale which is also now "under renovation".

joe552
November 17th, 2017, 07:02
I've only been to Jomtien a couple of times,but as with Sunee, I've no idea what the bar is called. The exception was All of Me run by Gary. My favourite bar in Pattaya. I just go and site, have a drink. Who needs to know what the bar is called?

aot871
November 17th, 2017, 07:09
I've only been to Jomtien a couple of times,but as with Sunee, I've no idea what the bar is called. The exception was All of Me run by Gary. My favourite bar in Pattaya. I just go and site, have a drink. Who needs to know what the bar is called?

Joe,, when was the last time you were in pattaya?

joe552
November 17th, 2017, 07:24
2 years ago, aot871

arsenal
November 17th, 2017, 08:51
Well Joe regarding Jomtien. All the bars pretty much look the same with similar outside furniture so if meeting someone there make sure you have money on you phone because you'll probably need to call them. All the bars are jam packed with boys from South East Asia only too ready and willing to take care of you. For me, there's an imbalance between few and straight but the Cambodians are mainly straight and some of them are particularly handsome.

christianpfc
November 17th, 2017, 09:06
Who needs to know what the bar is called?
Could be useful to refer to a particular bar when writing about it on the forum or talking with friends.

Btw, is it true that you will be in Thailand in January, and it will celebrate your birthday in Pattaya? Where will the party take place? I might come and say hello. (If you are not thrilled about that, just say there will be life music, the safest way to keep me away; no wait, chain smoking is even better.)

FarangRuMak
November 17th, 2017, 14:54
M2M is adjacent to the 4T bar which is located near where Sam' bar is shown on the map. A short walk down the soi on the left side from the Poseidon Hotel.

The new double size M2M bar was being renovated when i left on November 10. I was told it is the show bar transferred from Boyztown's Cafe Royale which is also now "under renovation".
Underwater show would be ok.
Acrobatic boys would be welcome ie an indoor, spruced up, version of the BBBoys.
MFAS will be a non-patron if there are any feathered Katoys and he has a big following.

joe552
November 17th, 2017, 21:32
christian, I will arrive in Pattaya on 9 January, which is my 62nd birthday. Expected arrival time about 5pm. My Laos friend doesn't want to set a place yet - too far away, but it will be Sunee, a beer bar. Maybe Double Shot? I have to warn you, though, I'm a heavy smoker, but as it's an outside bar, would that be a problem?

Btw, the invite is extended to any members who may be around Sunee on that night.

francois
November 18th, 2017, 01:56
Are you buying Joe?

sglad
November 18th, 2017, 02:07
christian, I will arrive in Pattaya on 9 January,...it will be Sunee, a beer bar.

Is that Meatloaf Night?

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 02:24
Meatloaf night is Thursday, I believe, but Ting Tong Red started a cabaret show recently on Tuesdays. I saw a video somewhere, but too much fire eating for my taste.

I may regret saying this, but I'm happy to buy a drink for anyone who shows up for my birthday. You just need to tell me your board name.

latintopxxx
November 18th, 2017, 12:02
new bar..yeah right...same shyte...different location...

arsenal
November 18th, 2017, 12:29
Latin wrote.
"new bar..yeah right...same shyte...different location..."

Or any post by Gorbals Jock.
:dirol_mini:

francois
November 18th, 2017, 12:52
Meatloaf night is Thursday, I believe, but Ting Tong Red started a cabaret show recently on Tuesdays. I saw a video somewhere, but too much fire eating for my taste.

I may regret saying this, but I'm happy to buy a drink for anyone who shows up for my birthday. You just need to tell me your board name.

The fire eating,etc, was the best part of the show! Where is your birthday party being held?

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 13:22
francois, the only bars I know by name are Double Shot and Ting Tong Red. Let's go for Ting Tong Red

FarangRuMak
November 18th, 2017, 14:48

Well you better avoid Hi-So Double Shot then as there are 100s of posters on this forun and most will travel over seas and mountains for a free drink.
Each round of double shots could cost you a few hundred Euros.
The most ‘open’ bar is Green Chairs (with the pool table) and their prices are reasonable.
But “up to you” as they say here.

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 15:24
Yeah, FRM, I was thinking of Green Chaiirs but didn't know the name to tell my friend from Laos. And if a couple of you turn up for the one free drink, it's a better place than Tin Tong Red. So that's a decision made - Green Chairs it is (that's the one on the corner, right?)

FarangRuMak
November 18th, 2017, 17:14
Yeah, FRM, I was thinking of Green Chaiirs but didn't know the name to tell my friend from Laos. And if a couple of you turn up for the one free drink, it's a better place than Tin Tong Red. So that's a decision made - Green Chairs it is (that's the one on the corner, right?)
Yep that’s the place.
You could smoke a rolled up Arabian carpet in there and nobody would notice.
Run by the genial Jai, his mother Mama and brother.
Good idea to quantify the free drinks ie 1 per guest.
Your potential bill has just been reduced by 90%.....1 free drink will not bring them from the provinces and abroad.

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 17:29
Well if I buy you a drink and you buy one for yourself, that['x an hour. 2 drinks in my company is shireoy engugh:

goji
November 18th, 2017, 17:35
Well Joe regarding Jomtien. All the bars pretty much look the same

Yes & as long as there are a good number of them with cute Cambodian guys, it doesn't really make any difference if one closes and a new one replaces it.
If someone opened a couple of gogo bars in Jomtien, now that would be a nice addition to the mix.

francois
November 18th, 2017, 19:03
Joe, if before 9 pm the mixed drinks and beer at Double Shot are about half price.
Next to Ting Tong Red is Elephant Plaza Hotel Bar which is owned by same man as Double Shot and the prices are 1/2 price before 9 pm. You can see the cabaret show from there.

Ting Tong Red has the mostly cabaret show on Tuesday night so it is crowded.

Green Bar aka plastic chairs is nowhere as nice as Double Shot but drinks are reasonable.

gerefan2
November 19th, 2017, 02:20
And ALL drinks in Doubleshot are doubles....even outside happy hour. SAME prices as singles...so NOT expensive at all.

joe552
November 19th, 2017, 03:20
Ah please, me head is aching. Will someone make a decision? So is Double Shot the preferred option? And how many of you might attend? I don't mind laying on a few nibbles.

francois
November 19th, 2017, 16:35
If you would like to see/hear some of the cabaret show at Ting Tong, I would suggest going to Elephant Plaza which is next door. You can see (to a degree) and hear the cabaret and feel the heat from the fire dancers. The show begins at 9 pm about.

Otherwise I would suggest Double Shot.

It all depends what time you wish to meet and greet. Typically the gentlemen of the evening gather at 8 to 8:30. After 9:30 to 10:00 pm they wander off to the go go bars.

a447
November 19th, 2017, 17:34
Considering that it's your birthday, shouldn't we be buying you a drink?

joe552
November 19th, 2017, 21:39
a447, I wouldn't presume, but would expect to be bought drink. Did I mention it's my birthday?

Just to be clear, we'll meet at Green Chairs (I know, I can be a decisive fecker when I want). 5.30ish on the 9th.

pennyboy
November 19th, 2017, 21:55
a447, . Did I mention it's my birthday?.

YES. almost as often as Matt mentions his blindness

joe552
November 19th, 2017, 22:16
Mislaid your sense of humour today, pennyboy?

pennyboy
November 20th, 2017, 15:44
Mislaid your sense of humour today, pennyboy?

Not at all but repeating the same old joke eventually becomes wearisome. Still a couple of months until your big day I'm sure the excitement for you is mounting and we will all be kept fully up to date on who may or may not attend.

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 16:16
Ok I won't mention it again

aot871
November 20th, 2017, 17:29
I started this item which was about a new bar in jomtiem ,,not about joes birthday and which bar to use and cost of drinks,That's the big problem with this site. ie it gets side trapped , instead of some one starting a new item message

Smiles
November 20th, 2017, 18:23
I started this item which was about a new bar in jomtiem ,,not about joes birthday and which bar to use and cost of drinks,That's the big problem with this site. ie it gets side trapped , instead of some one starting a new item message
Absolutely!

Halfhansum
November 20th, 2017, 19:10
So when is Joe552`s Birthday ?

newalaan2
November 20th, 2017, 20:22

This has been the problem here for some time now aot871, threads naturally veering slightly off main topic yet still relevant to main subject are fine, but many threads now are just full of garbage (to everybody else bar the 2 or 3 bantering) which has no relation to anything else in the thread, some of the personal stuff between only two would probably be better conducted through PMs once the initial contact has been made on the forum page, most of the personal banter with absolutely nothing to do with the thread best swept into holding room. Personally I think it puts off other members from making contributions relative to the various topics as members know their post is just going to get lost in the litter. Also it loses momentum on the thread topic.

There's plenty of interest about Joe's visit and plenty interaction from others along with all the various side issues it has thrown up, and I'm not criticising that, good to hear Joe is making a comeback......but as they all seem connected in some way> Joe-visit-birthday-meeting old friends-not meeting old friends-changing birthday venue-green chairs-Double shot-not green chairs-not double shot...Etc wouldn't it just be best all contained together in one thread about Joe's visit, for no other reason than getting all the info about it in one place. Moses/mods merged Nirish and my thread about 'locking threads for no good reason' and that made sense.

Unless of course Joe transports all of this to a bar in Jomtien............ooops!

a447
November 20th, 2017, 20:31
Unless of course Joe transports all of this to a bar in Jomtien............ooops!

That might be a good idea, Joe. The guys working there are probably more to your liking.

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 23:13
I am no longer permitted to mention a particular date in January. So I shall retire gracefully.

Manforallseasons
November 21st, 2017, 20:29
Was in the complex with a friend for dinner and looked into M2M...other than a sign it still is an empty shell.
The complex is quite busy, with the exception of the Cambodian boys @ Home Bar and the other Cambodian dominated bar, the other bars are mostly full of sissy boys who can be rather aggressive when you walk by grabbing your are arm and shouting the ubiquitous nasal "Hellooooo" however, a not so subtle "don't touch" and if neccessary "fuck off" will keep them at bay.
The customers in the complex average 70 years old and sitting there for a while it becomes obvious that the falangs are there to socialize with eachother, I did not see a single off. I think the boys must make a living hustling drinks.

newalaan2
November 21st, 2017, 21:36
Look forward to the completion of M2M as another plus for Jomtien Complex, but will be interesting to see if there's going to be anything different to the standard Complex bar set up on offer there.

the other bars are mostly full of sissy boys who can be rather aggressive when you walk by grabbing your are arm and shouting the ubiquitous nasal "Hellooooo" however, a not so subtle "don't touch" and if necessary "fuck off" will keep them at bay.

Very UNNECESSARY in my book, what are you dealing with here? armed mafia man-boys? 'Fuck off' as a reply to a 'sissyboy' or anybody for that matter who is simply doing their job by asking the non-threatening question of whether you might wish to sit in their bar..........is low class, ignorant, boorish and arrogant. If you pick the wrong 'sissyboy to bark your 'fuck off' order at......... you might just have to extract a stiletto heal from your head, not that it would affect your brain were it to remain lodged there. M2M wasn't the only 'empty shell' on display the night of your visit.

The gay boys of Jomtien Complex and their 'sissyboy' colleagues.......'rather aggressive'......55555. What a drama-queen you are MFAS.

Manforallseasons
November 21st, 2017, 22:06
newalaan you like sissy boys well to each their own but when they grab your arm or anyone else grabs your arm it is not their job and you might find it amusing surley not everyone does nor do they have to endure it.

newalaan2
November 21st, 2017, 22:41
newalaan you like sissy boys well to each their own but when they grab your arm or anyone else grabs your arm it is not their job and you might find it amusing surley not everyone does nor do they have to endure it.

I never have stated anywhere on any forum I like 'sissyboys', that's a term exclusive to only YOU, but yes I agree MFAS, they almost break your arms with their strength, those sissyboys sure do have a lot of upper torso muscle and thick three-trunck arms don't they? I'm surprised you make it past all the bars, it must be horrendous having to endure that rough treatment.

It would take a quite an amount of hassling for me come anywhere near to telling a Thai to 'fuck off' on their own patch, especially for something as little trying to guide you into their bar, so I'll stick to my original claim of swearing offensively at them as being unnecessary.

Enduring all that mishandling as you flutter around the various gay bars in the warmth of Pattaya, you have no idea about perspective have you? I would be only too delighted to have to endure all that manhandling if I could exchange my minus -2 Scottish temperature for the +30 in Thailand at this moment. You could have mentioned M2M and some positives of Jomtien but no, just the same old.......so do continue your moaning drone, after all it's what's we've come to expect from you.

latintopxxx
November 21st, 2017, 23:54
MFAS...clearly u have not been in Thailand long..if at all...there is no need to be vulgar in a Buddhist peaceful land of smiles bubble butted boy filled paradise..a simple demure no thanks you suffices..

colmx
November 22nd, 2017, 02:42
The customers in the complex average 70 years old .

I've probably only ever drank in the complex 7-8 times... but I always remember thinking that the average age of the punters was much younger than Sunee or BT...
I've seen plenty of 30 something farang hanging around there and even the odd 20 something... although as you say not many of them are offing boys and seem to be coupled

arsenal
November 22nd, 2017, 07:27
Not true. Lots of offs every night if one compares numbers of boys at 8.00pm and then at 12.00am.

MFAS. Next time one of these 'sissy boys' has the bare faced cheek to invite you into the bar for a drink with a big smile and an over-pronounced "hellooooooooo" you can either...

a) whip out a Billy club and sort him out.
b) smile back and reply with an even longer one.
c) just say 'not tonight thanks'

Oliver
November 22nd, 2017, 14:29
I'm intrigued by the level of anger that some gay visitors and particularly expats exhibit . The fury that minor events, and even anodyne postings, provoke is puzzling to those of us who look forward to out trips to Thailand. I can understand people being angry over political, social and humanitarian issues but surely not over such things as the opening of new restaurants in Pattaya?
Perhaps it's merely the internet lingua franca; if so , count me out. Those people in Thailand, as the temperature drops here in the UK and darkness falls at 1600, should count themselves extremely fortunate and replace their anger with gratitude and grace for a lifestyle that the vast majority of us envy.

Smiles
November 22nd, 2017, 14:51
Although I disagree vehemently with Oliver's politics (much of the time ... there are small agreements every so often, every 7 years or so)
But I agree just as vehemently with his head-scratching regarding the tendency towards bitterness -- bitterness which is glued to one's shoulder and kicks in doors -- which raises it's ugly head quite often lately.
I do appreciate the difference between humour -- even cutting, sarcastic humour -- and bitterness. The latter has arrived here more than it should, and is not welcome.

On the other hand -- there's always another hand -- emasculating the board in order to keep 'nastiness' away is a loosers game as well. Just more bureaucratic 'posting rules' never works, and the board itself suffers. Defending the Middle Ground is better, at every turn.

snotface
November 22nd, 2017, 15:26
Those people in Thailand, as the temperature drops here in the UK and darkness falls at 1600, should count themselves extremely fortunate and replace their anger with gratitude and grace for a lifestyle that the vast majority of us envy.

I do count myself incredibly lucky living in Thailand. You only have to look at the horrors going on around the world every day on the news to fully appreciate the good fortune. I can do exactly what I want from dawn to dusk. Feeling hungry? - the fridge is fully stocked and nearby restaurants galore. Want to read a book? - plenty on my shelves. Fancy sex? - send a text message or go to a bar. Yet I am only too aware that much of the time I am not happy. I'm not usually depressed, but just feeling a low-level buzz of part-boredom, part-disquiet. Saying something unkind which I later regret seems like a safety valve. The times when my mood lifts in a really satisfying way are usually when I do something to help others - a friend who has some problem perhaps. Does that prompt me to become a charity volunteer or some such thing? Not on your life! That's the burden of being an ordinary person ruled by the ego with its constant call of 'pleasure me, pleasure me'.

bkkguy
November 23rd, 2017, 19:36
'Fuck off' as a reply to a 'sissyboy' or anybody for that matter who is simply doing their job by asking the non-threatening question of whether you might wish to sit in their bar..........is low class, ignorant, boorish and arrogant.

you want "low class, ignorant, boorish and arrogant"- in Bangkok I stay in Surawong and every day as I go out for lunch, dinner or shopping I pass 20 massage places in a few blocks in Surawong and Silom and every one has staff outside shouting "you want massage" and shoving unwanted advertising in my face on a public footpath, if I walk down Soi Twilight, or in Jomtien walk through Jomtien Complex then touts for multiple bars shout and aggressively grab my arm and try to drag me into their venue

I am constantly surprised that venue owners and touts who think it is just "their job" to behave like this are surprised when this boorish and arrogant behavior does not elicit a polite response, and that so many posters on this thread consider this behavior acceptable because the weather in Thailand is better than in their home country or they find some of the staff attractive!

but yes I take you point about the possibility of needing to extract a stiletto heal from your head - but unfortunately the typical Thai response of never saying anything but just never visiting the area again only seems to encourage even more aggressive behavior as visitor numbers decline

bkkguy

Oliver
November 24th, 2017, 15:06
I stay in Surawong too and I do not recognise it from bkkguy's description. Yes, there are massage bars along the road and yes, there are often guys and girls sitting outside them. Yes, they sometimes- sometimes- offer leaflets and even occasionally ask if I want a massage. But I've never had one take my by my arm in over twenty years of visits, nor experienced any form of aggression or rudeness. iI is their job to try to entice punters into their establishments and this they do with charm; invariably so in my experience.
There was a time when some of the barkers outside go-go bars in Soi Twilight were apt to grab passers-by but that problem has not been apparent for the past few years. There are many- and often discussed- reasons for the decline visitor numbers; aggressive Thais is not one of them.
Once again, I an intrigued by the unhappiness that a walk along Surawong Road provokes . I enjoy every minute as I make the journey to Soi Twilight and enjoy seeing cute and charming masseurs (of both sexes) . If they ask me if I want a massage, I say "no thanks"....and smile.

bkkguy
November 24th, 2017, 18:44
I stay in Surawong too and I do not recognise it from bkkguy's description.

unfortunately rose-coloured glasses clash as much with my complexion as they do with my personality

bkkguy

latintopxxx
November 25th, 2017, 14:34
bkkguy...u need an attitude readjustment...

scottish-guy
November 25th, 2017, 19:10
...and if you just put the gimp mask on and let LatintopXXX lock you into his stocks, he'll give you one!

FarangRuMak
November 26th, 2017, 07:10
unfortunately rose-coloured glasses clash as much with my complexion as they do with my personality

bkkguy
I don’t find Thailand particularly agressive in terms of sidewalk promotion.
Walking from Jim Thompson’s shop to the Tarntawan Hotel entrance there are only 3 massage venues that I can recall and about the same number on the other side.
The same distance on Silom has more perhaps but the staff are very polite in their solicitations in all of these venues.
Twilight has its own style which is a bit more pushy but nowadays mostly involve women putting up fake resistance to being led inside to see bigger cock than their husbands’.
I found the vendors in Saigon very pushy and ignorant.
They will grab and yank at your clothing at you as you pass their stalls.
These are the people that provoke me into explitivity.

FarangRuMak
November 26th, 2017, 07:17
MFAS...clearly u have not been in Thailand long..if at all...there is no need to be vulgar in a Buddhist peaceful land of smiles bubble butted boy filled paradise..a simple demure no thanks you suffices..

MFAS has graced Thailand with his presence for many years.
At this stage he has seen it all and like a senior walrus on his rock he‘s earned the right to be cormudgeonous - if that’s a real word and even if it isn’t.

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 09:56
Curmudgeonly. You're welcome.

FarangRuMak
November 26th, 2017, 12:49
Curmudgeonly. You're welcome.

Thanks Joe ha ha song.
Yes, he has the right to be Curmudgeonly in spite of the Johnnycomelately naysayers.

Oliver
November 26th, 2017, 15:10
Absolutely. Old-timers should be welcomed; their perspectives are important because they have experienced the enormous changes that Thailand has undergone in the past thirty or so years.

bobsaigon2
November 26th, 2017, 16:35
Thanks Joe ha ha song.
Yes, he has the right to be Curmudgeonly in spite of the Johnnycomelately naysayers.

In every post? One woulkd have thought that by now, after years of posting, he would have exhausted his supply of "curmudgeonly-ness". A tribute to his resolve, I guess. :)

Oliver
November 26th, 2017, 17:03
Deleted.

ikarus
November 26th, 2017, 17:29
I'm intrigued by the level of anger that some gay visitors and particularly expats exhibit . The fury that minor events, and even anodyne postings, provoke is puzzling to those of us who look forward to out trips to Thailand. I can understand people being angry over political, social and humanitarian issues but surely not over such things as the opening of new restaurants in Pattaya?
Perhaps it's merely the internet lingua franca; if so , count me out. Those people in Thailand, as the temperature drops here in the UK and darkness falls at 1600, should count themselves extremely fortunate and replace their anger with gratitude and grace for a lifestyle that the vast majority of us envy.
Granted , it was quite a few years ago. I was walking along Nevsky prospect (the central avenue in Saint-Petersburg, Russia), when I was suddenly surrounded by a group of Asians. My first (instinctive) reaction was to fuck them off (based on my South-East Asian experience) until I quickly realized it was a robbery in the plain sight of a local policemen standing nearby. And though such an event could hardly happen in modern (much more fascist nevertheless) Russia, many things can and should be understood by comparison: if somebody grabbing your arm in soi Twilight, it is not the same in Nevsky prospect...

Manforallseasons
November 26th, 2017, 17:57
somebody grabbing your arm in soi Twilight, it is not the same in Nevsky prospect...

You think?

FarangRuMak
November 27th, 2017, 16:24
In every post? One woulkd have thought that by now, after years of posting, he would have exhausted his supply of "curmudgeonly-ness". A tribute to his resolve, I guess. :)
I'll accept what you say if you confirm with Joe552 that 'curmudgeonly-ness' is a real word.

bobsaigon2
November 27th, 2017, 17:22
So sorry, I misspelled. It should be curmudgeonliness. Google gives several sites that include the word.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 19:55
I can neither confirm nor deny.

Now has anyone been to this fucking "new" (hardly applicable anymore) bar?

Pardon my language, but a dog I didn't know just hugged and kissed me.

gerefan2
November 27th, 2017, 22:09
I thought it was matt who had dogs and local Soi dogs? Or have you made a terrible mistake .....

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 23:15
The Oxford dictionary does indeed include "curmudgeonliness". In broad terms, it refers to the state of mind in which I now find myself.

Still not a review of the bar?

newalaan2
November 28th, 2017, 00:31

Joe552! In this thread Aussie reported that it was in the process of being renovated, MFAS followed that with a post reporting that when he looked in during a visit to Jomtien Complex 2 weeks later, that other than a sign, it was an 'empty' shell. Is it a review of the bar 'shell's' progress (e.g. yesterday the toilet was installed, and today 2 lights and a fan were put up) or the bar when it's completed, staffed and open to customers?

scottish-guy
November 28th, 2017, 01:31
An account of new lights and a fan being put up in an empty bar would be on a par with the mindless minutiae reported about the Tarntawan hotel

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 01:55

This is the OP in case you've forgotten. Note the use of the phrase 'has opened'. The OP hasn't come back to say that his source actually meant 'will open'. I didn't start the fucking thread.

And no, I'm not on the rag.

scottish-guy
November 28th, 2017, 04:07
Of course you're not - you're far too old to be still having the painters in

:p

aussie_
November 28th, 2017, 06:52
The Oxford dictionary does indeed include "curmudgeonliness". In broad terms, it refers to the state of mind in which I now find myself.

They must have worked overtime in the last few days as there are now folding clear glass doors on the front of the bar and i was told by a nearby bar owner that there will be a "soft" opening of M2M Club-Bar-Cabaret tonight 28th November. The interior looked fairly well fitted out but more work will be done today before opening time. I will try and get to Jomtiem later tonight or tomorrow night and take some photos inside the bar.

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 14:58
Thanks aussie. Looking forward to reading your review. Where are you from, by the way?

aussie_
November 29th, 2017, 08:55
Thanks aussie. Looking forward to reading your review. Where are you from, by the way?

Ireland before my descendants took a cruise to the colony.

M2M bar was full to capacity on opening night. The usual lyp sinc showbar entertainment plus live music and singing of western songs in between the shows. The owners were very considerate by not having the music volume too loud and disturbing customers in the other nearby bars. The B Boys or a version of made an appearance in the soi in front of M2M bar with one stunning looking blonde haired guy a stand out. No idea about drink prices yet as there was no room to get in and order a drink and i could not see a menu. I just took some photos from the back of the bar.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 10:10
Thanks for the photos, aussie

FarangRuMak
November 29th, 2017, 12:46
A friend went there last night.
He was impressed with the show but then he likes high tail feathers on ladyboys anyway.
He also said that there were cute boys in the show as well which means things can't be too bad.
I see female staff in the photos (thanks for posting) whereas many of my best friends are women and so was my mother they're Dick Softners in a gay venue for me.

gerefan2
November 29th, 2017, 15:26
I heard that the now defunct Cafe Royal show had moved to Jomtien.
Is that them performing?

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 15:32
I'm not quite sure why you think The Cafe Royal doesn't have a show gerefan2. I saw it last night and posted a photo.

gerefan2
November 29th, 2017, 15:37
Well I was told it had stopped and I didn’t see one when I passed last week.
Apologies if I get it wrong....wouldn’t be a first!

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 15:54
It's nothing to get excited about. The usual lip synching tat.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 16:10
Those shows leave me cold and I'd actually avoid a place that has one. Or I'd go before it started and leave when it came on. Does anyone actually enjoy them?

Oliver
November 29th, 2017, 16:12
It didn't have a show when I was there in October. I presumed it was due to the funeral. And nor did Castro. It was possible to have a quiet drink on the Ambiance terrace and a talk with P. And then sleep. My hopes are dashed for my January trip.

colmx
November 30th, 2017, 01:33
Well I was told it had stopped and I didn’t see one when I passed last week.
Apologies if I get it wrong....wouldn’t be a first!

My understanding is that these shows are in Troupes and work multiple venues per night.... e.g. They might work Tiffany, then Castro, a quick Birthday party gig and finally NAB in the one night

When the boss or superstar of the troupe falls out with the owner of the bar... She moves her troupe elsewhere...

The bar owner then needs to locate a new troupe... or train his own (who eventually also fall out with the boss and move elsewhere!)

I'm guessing this is what happened in LCR?

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2017, 02:58
...It was possible to have a quiet drink on the Ambiance terrace and a talk with P..

I guess if you want to indulge your golden shower peccadilloes in full view then it's up to you, but I'd be tempted to take it private.

aussie_
November 30th, 2017, 09:14
I heard that the now defunct Cafe Royal show had moved to Jomtien.
Is that them performing?

The Thai owner/manager from Cafe Royal before it went "under renovation" and has now re-opened is running the new M2M club at Jomtiem Complex. A farang was thanking the audience on opening night so i gather he is a sponsor. The dancing troupe looks different from the previous show at Cafe Royale but as colmx mentioned they move about to different venues throughout the night.

aot871
December 1st, 2017, 04:01
Anyone know what the drink prices are at this bar?

aussie_
December 3rd, 2017, 08:24
Anyone know what the drink prices are at this bar?

I went to the 1100pm show last night. They have a second show at 1230am. Browsing the drink menu the prices were:

Soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee - 140 baht

Beer - 160 to 170 baht. Tower of beer 500 baht

Cocktails - 240 baht

Spirits including mixer - 140 baht for Sangsom, Pipers, Gin etc - 200 baht for Johnnie Walker Black, Jack Daniels.

Wine - 150 baht per glass.

Bottles - 1200 for Blend up to 3000 for Black and 3500 for Jack Daniels.

Smiles
December 3rd, 2017, 10:26
Those shows leave me cold and I'd actually avoid a place that has one. Or I'd go before it started and leave when it came on. Does anyone actually enjoy them?
That's about the same as I feel regarding these types of "shows".
We get to Pattaya/Jomtien on average about 3 times a year and always stay at The Venue . . . but always ask for room on the 3rd floor facing the back (usually get it). Both of us are deep sleepers and are never bothered by the show's noise.
I march right past the show and have only stopped to watch once. The shows are -- in my opinion -- massively amateurish. I honestly don't get what folks see in these tacky, cheap, excuses for entertainment.
For some reason Brits over 50 yrs old (or so) seem to be the main audience ... think the shows to be the cat's ass of gayish festivities.
Perhaps I'm not gay after all?

joe552
December 3rd, 2017, 11:04
I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. Your partner of some years might attest to your gayness.

Smiles
December 3rd, 2017, 21:41
I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. Your partner of some years might attest to your gayness.
My old man pretty-well thinks all gay Farangs are quite batty. Including me ... attestment-wise.
I tend to agree. Proof you say?: the jokers on this Board ... say no more.

I can't even imagine what he would think of a major neurotic such as Cndmatt.

scottish-guy
December 3rd, 2017, 22:08
CNDmatt?

Ban the Bum?

a447
December 4th, 2017, 07:19
But what about those who give him the bums up?

latintopxxx
December 4th, 2017, 08:02
well in some countries gay was classified as a mental disorder...???!!

frequent
December 4th, 2017, 12:10
My old man pretty-well thinks all gay Farangs are quite batty.I'm not sure if that's on a par with the comment from one of our esteemed Moderators who, in his recent blog post, writes "But P is one of the few gay Thai boys I know who are not stupid, lazy, greedy, so we stay friends."

How's that for a generalisation?!

newalaan2
December 5th, 2017, 23:25
They must have worked overtime in the last few days as there are now folding clear glass doors on the front of the bar and i was told by a nearby bar owner that there will be a "soft" opening of M2M Club-Bar-Cabaret tonight 28th November. The interior looked fairly well fitted out but more work will be done today before opening time. I will try and get to Jomtiem later tonight or tomorrow night and take some photos inside the bar.

Thanks for taking the time to post detailed info as well as the pics Aussie_. It was great to hear another new bar being added to the Complex, but not sure how well this type of set-up will do in the long term. The Venue shows compared to all other shows I've checked out in Pattaya are, for me, out on their own, and even here they are rarely 'packed', they are well attended but I'm not sure how large the overall Jomtien Show customer base is to support two very similar venues.

Thing is with 'enclosed' bars is when there is no show, say......the time up to the first show, or between shows there's not a whole lot else to entertain...all the open bars have the soi's comings-and-goings to keep interest. A show bar with Agogo boys also gets-by as there are the boys to keep interest in between shows, but as that's off the menu in Jomtien there's no real reason to be in there unless it's Showtime! Also the problem of higher drink prices to cover the show costs are out of sync with the open bar prices when the show isn't on, so little point in paying over the odds for drinks in an enclosed bar with nothing to amuse. Unless the live music is to be a normal item pre and between showtime.

Like some here I find the feathers and katoey lip-sync tedious, so while I'm sure they'll do well at the start as all new ventures seem to, especially as high season throws up plenty of short term holiday visitors, the trick will be to have something in place to keep interest outwith showtime. It advertises itself as Club- Bar- Cabaret... The bar and cabaret bit I get...what's in the 'Club' part? is that the music throughout the evening part?

But whatever....I'll still make an appearance next trip in support of the new venture.

always stay at The Venue.... I march right past the show and have only stopped to watch once. I honestly don't get what folks see in these tacky, cheap, excuses for entertainment...the cat's ass of gayish festivities
When in Soi Twilight Bkk, if on the occasional visit to Agogo bars, first question I ask outside is 'what time is the show' and 90% of the time the answer is "show now show now!" normally a blatant lie..... they seem shocked to find the reason I want to know the actual show time is to avoid the fucking thing. Then some truth seeps out as they inform that its not show time after all, it starts about 45 mins or whatever... like Joe552 I'll go in and leave at showtime.

As stated above.........I'm not really a fan of feathers-boa-katoey lip sync, mostly shows are attended due to some up-country friend of bf coming to town on a visit and it's part of the obligatory 'main highlights' tour, the camp-gay side of life is something I have very little in common with.

That said however, The Venue shows in Jomtien are some that I can enjoy if only occasionally, partly that's because I know 3-4 of the current troupe (as others here might too....Manny, Ness etc..) who previously worked the Pattaya bars before finding their vocation. These are the younger guys in the show so youthful and attractive makes for a change from the usual painted katoey faces who have done the rounds for years. The Venue shows in my opinion are better for a couple of reasons......they are far more energetic with some different moves/music from the young lads compared to the 'standard fare' and I have never seen a skit/show repeated even once, whereas back in the day at BzBzBz/Throb etc.. the same show was dragged out night after night. Yes, The Venue does have one or two katoey lip-syncs but is balanced with the different segments and attractive dancers.

The Venue show worth a re-visit next time perhaps 'smiles'.......? even if just to confirm your worst fears?

latintopxxx
December 6th, 2017, 06:30
damn..funny how we are alll wired differently..I find the lip sync shows soooo boring...i look forward to all the big cock/fuck shows..pity they are on the decline...not a patch on 10 years ago when every single gogo bar on soi twilight had a full on erotic/fuck show twice a night.

arsenal
December 6th, 2017, 07:22
The best show I saw was the one at the old X-Boys. Erotic and sexy and full of naked attractive boys.

FarangRuMak
December 6th, 2017, 10:53
The best show I saw was the one at the old X-Boys. Erotic and sexy and full of naked attractive boys.

The unfortunate thing is the past tense "was the one at the old X-Boys".
The times they are a-changin'...

aussie_
December 8th, 2017, 09:50
Thing is with 'enclosed' bars is when there is no show, say......the time up to the first show, or between shows there's not a whole lot else to entertain...all the open bars have the soi's comings-and-goings to keep interest. A show bar with Agogo boys also gets-by as there are the boys to keep interest in between shows, but as that's off the menu in Jomtien there's no real reason to be in there unless it's Showtime! Also the problem of higher drink prices to cover the show costs are out of sync with the open bar prices when the show isn't on, so little point in paying over the odds for drinks in an enclosed bar with nothing to amuse. Unless the live music is to be a normal item pre and between showtime.

The M2M bar was devoid of customers till after 1000pm last night. The entertainment starts at 1100 pm so as you mentioned why pay higher prices when customers can buy drinks for half the price or less at other bars. There was no live music last night so that must have been just for opening night. The show bar will survive over the so called high season as there was a good number of customers by the time the first show started last night.

The show at M2M is very high energy and not boring or as boring as some shows depending on your viewpoint. They have two stunning looking twink dancers in the show and one was quite chatty with customers when the staff were out front in the soi before show time. Like Ness at the Venue they will help attract customers who like some eye candy in the twink department. In my opinion M2M bar will need to provide more good looking waiters/hosts, maybe some happy hour drink prices and more entertainment throughout the night to survive in the long term.

Newbie99
December 14th, 2017, 13:46
So, how do those straight Cambodian boys perform in the room?

poshglasgow
December 15th, 2017, 00:11
damn..funny how we are alll wired differently..I find the lip sync shows soooo boring...i look forward to all the big cock/fuck shows..pity they are on the decline...not a patch on 10 years ago when every single gogo bar on soi twilight had a full on erotic/fuck show twice a night.

Absolutely agree! I try at all costs to avoid katoey lip-sync. I turn off immediately; I just don't get the appeal. There used to be a sign in the former Throb with the announcement: Boys not Katoeys! Are there any shows currently on offer in Pattaya where the katoeys are absent?

gerefan2
December 15th, 2017, 00:20
Are there any shows currently on offer in Pattaya where the katoeys are absent?

The 10.30 show at BBB. Worth seeing ONCE! For gods sake don’t go to the later one if you are allergic to Katoeys!

frequent
December 15th, 2017, 03:49
The 10.30 show at BBB. Worth seeing ONCE! For gods sake don’t go to the later one if you are allergic to Katoeys!Why the dislike of drag queens? The Stonewall event that supposedly marks a turning point in the struggle for gay rights was because a bunch of drag queens decided to mark the death of Judy Garland. It’s just a form of occupational therapy for them to perform on stage. Where would Shirley Bassey be without drag queen lip synch imitators?

bkkguy
December 15th, 2017, 18:49
Why the dislike of drag queens? The Stonewall event that supposedly marks a turning point in the struggle for gay rights was because a bunch of drag queens decided to mark the death of Judy Garland. It’s just a form of occupational therapy for them to perform on stage. Where would Shirley Bassey be without drag queen lip synch imitators?

I know a number of people undergoing occupational therapy, the difference is they don't take this as a right to inflict themselves on bar audiences as they perform their therapeutic exercises

but lets not sully the memory of Stonewall and my miss-spent youth remembrances of great drag acts with so many of today's sad/bad lip-syncing katoey acts at too many of the bars - there is a big difference between ersatz femme fatales with tacky worn out costumes who can't quite get their lips around songs they can't sing and mostly don't understand and the big butch ersatz femme fatales with tacky worn out costumes and more chest hair than flesh bulging out of their dresses with a handbag in one hand and a six inch stiletto in the other aimed at a cop's (or audience member's) head and knowing exactly who or what they were taking the mickey out of

but of course I am just displaying my cultural insensitivity - but then I would love to hear some of the falung lovers of bad katoey lip-sync shows in so many of the Bangkok and Pattaya gay bars justify them in a Thai cultural frame of reference

bkkguy

scottish-guy
December 15th, 2017, 20:04
I don't quite grasp how, as a member of a "bar audience" anything can be "inflicted" upon you - unless you frequent "special interest" bars in perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam where you are put into physical restraint (normally at extra cost) and thus prevented from leaving (or going to the toilet for that matter)

If that's not the case then presumably you are free to leave if the entertainment is not to your liking, rather than making a song and dance about it after the fact.

arsenal
December 15th, 2017, 20:46
Isn't that what you do here?
:blush:

scottish-guy
December 15th, 2017, 23:36
The difference is that if I'm in a bar with poor entertainment, I'd be motivated to leave because I'm paying to watch.

Here, I'm not paying and thus it costs me nothing to sit through what quite frankly are the comic cuts now being served up by some elements of the management team. Hence I'm not motivated to leave.

If I was a paying customer I'd have walked out long ago and so would a sizeable chunk of your audience - something you seem to fail to grasp as you in particular seem to strive daily to piss even more of us off

arsenal
December 16th, 2017, 02:24
Oh. I see.

frequent
December 16th, 2017, 03:39
- unless you frequent "special interest" bars in perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam where you are put into physical restraint (normally at extra cost) and thus prevented from leaving (or going to the toilet for that matter)Did someone mention my name?

frequent
December 16th, 2017, 03:42
but of course I am just displaying my cultural insensitivity - but then I would love to hear some of the falung lovers of bad katoey lip-sync shows in so many of the Bangkok and Pattaya gay bars justify them in a Thai cultural frame of referenceYou get what you pay for. If you want a good drag act there are plenty around - just not in the take-away brothels. You're not going to get a high-class courtesan in one of those places either

joe552
December 16th, 2017, 03:58
My favourite drag queen was Lily Savage, Saw her a few times in London.

frequent
December 16th, 2017, 04:02
My favourite drag queen was Lily Savage, Saw her a few times in London.My current favourite drag act of the moment is Kellyanne Conway (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway)

scottish-guy
December 16th, 2017, 05:02
Sorry Joe, I can't stand Lily Savage - I think she'd be at home in Ricky's in The Yumbo - but each to his own.

Decades ago I met and bought a drink for Danny La Rue ("Every Other Inch A Woman") in Torremolinos where he had an apartment in the La Noglera area. He was in procession around a couple of the gay bars with John Inman (Are You Being Served?) who was visiting him and probably staying with him.

"Darling, I only drink vintage champagne" he said - so it was an expensive drink, but well worth it as the man was and still is a legend in my eyes.

He always rejected the term "drag queen" with its low-class connotations, in favour of "female impersonator". He always sang live, never lip-synced in his life and he often started his act by entering in the most lavish gowns and saying "Wotcher mates" (Watch out guys) to the audience in a butch voice so you knew he was a man playing a woman (in case you were in any doubt)

Incidentally I do a very good impression of him! Just the voice though - I don't have the figure for the frocks!

PS: He was actually Irish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICFJugIbizQ

Scroll to 3:30 for the best song (IMHO)

joe552
December 16th, 2017, 05:34
Indeed, SG, a true legend. I believe from Cork?

frequent
December 16th, 2017, 06:04
Decades ago I met and bought a drink for Danny La Rue ("Every Other Inch A Woman")How many inches did Danny have, scotty?

scottish-guy
December 16th, 2017, 06:23
Just remembered while watching that video through, that the orchestra conductor you see in those clips from The Good Old Days is Bernard Hermann!

Who the fuck is Bernard Hermann you're saying?

He wrote the music score for Psycho (and you can hear it in your mind right now can't you)

Oliver
December 16th, 2017, 15:32
Not just Psycho but Scorsese's Taxi Driver, The film is dedicated to him; he died soon after completing the score. He was also a composer of classical music....I recommend his Moby Dick Cantata.

However, Bernard Herrman who conducted the band on The Good Old Days was a different guy. His career was in TV programmes.

scottish-guy
December 16th, 2017, 16:14
Two completely different conductors/composers with the same highly unusual name!

Well, that's something new I've learned - thanks!

:drink:

PS: I've now found out there's two Dimitri Tiomkins too!! :D What is it with these people?

Oliver
December 16th, 2017, 16:43
But only one scottish-guy!

joe552
December 16th, 2017, 19:07
For which we're all eternally grateful.

Rolling Stone
December 19th, 2017, 19:32

Joe, you are such a nice chap. Perhaps an economic way is to buy a bottle (and one bottle only). You do not know how many (cheap skates) will show up. LOL.
I will not be there ... I am visiting by the way. But I might be willing to meet up if you stay a few more weeks.

joe552
December 19th, 2017, 20:27
Sorry Rolling Stone, funds are limited, so the dates are set. I don't drink whiskey any more so won't be buying a bottle.A sweet sherry is fine though.

Newbie99
December 30th, 2017, 03:15
I was actually in Jomtien at one of these bars a couple of weeks ago, and hooked up with a Cambodian guy. I didn’t go to the hotel with him, because I got the feeling he was straight, and I am not sure he could perform in the loom.

Nirish guy
December 30th, 2017, 03:29
Joe depending how many people turn up ( and even if it's only a few) you are aware that with a little negotiation ( or even without that) that buying a bottle of "something" can usually work out cheaper in the end than buying several bottles of beers / vodka and cokes for guests etc - just in case you're not aware of that.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 06:07
... I am not sure he could perform in the loom.

Were you looking for a shag or a Harris Tweed jacket?

:confused:

Rog222
December 30th, 2017, 08:59

I went last night. Caberet bar with some of the dancers from the cafe royal. It has two shows at 11pm and 24:30.

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 12:47
NIrish, your post makes sense. So I'll buy the bottle, once I see if anyone shows up. On my 32nd birthday, I'd organised a house party, and arranged to meet different groups in 3 different bars. No-one showed up and I went home alone to a mountain of food I'd spent all day preparing.

francois
December 30th, 2017, 15:23
I doubt anyone will show up Joe not at 5 pm. Unless Matt decides to appear.:devilsh:

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 15:54
francois, I've posted earlier that I'd be in the bar at 6pm, allowing for any delays. If my friend shows up, we'd probably head off for dinner about 9 if he wants. He might be more comfortable just getting stuff from the carts as they go round.

francois
December 30th, 2017, 17:12
From what you write, Joe, I don't expect your friend to show up either. C'est la vie.

neddy3
December 30th, 2017, 17:15
francois, I've posted earlier that I'd be in the bar at 6pm, allowing for any delays. If my friend shows up, we'd probably head off for dinner about 9 if he wants. He might be more comfortable just getting stuff from the carts as they go round.

Something else which will never happen?

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 17:15
Which will make it a more affordable holdiay, francois.

newalaan2
January 25th, 2018, 21:54
I went last night. Caberet bar with some of the dancers from the cafe royal. It has two shows at 11pm and 24:30.

Am staying in Jomtien as part of upcoming trip, any recent updates on this bar? Is it still open with regular shows?

Thanks for any info.

colmx
January 26th, 2018, 02:10
I never visited it, but was in 4T next door to it 2 weeks ago
Its interesting in that they seem to have absolutely no customers before 23.00
In the meantime the other bars in the complex are thronged with punters

I wonder have they got their pricing model slightly wrong and need to attract the earlier drinking crowd with Happy Hours

newalaan2
January 26th, 2018, 06:02
I never visited it, but was in 4T next door to it 2 weeks ago
Its interesting in that they seem to have absolutely no customers before 23.00
In the meantime the other bars in the complex are thronged with punters

I wonder have they got their pricing model slightly wrong and need to attract the earlier drinking crowd with Happy Hours

Yes that's what aussie and I were referring to in post #103, how they can attract customers into an enclosed bar (no outside passing traffic, people watching or atmosphere to take in when the doors are shut) and at show bar prices when no entertainment on stage. I was expecting some kind of initiative to be in place by now, but apparently not. Maybe they take in enough during the trading time from 23.00 to closing to justify.

colmx
January 26th, 2018, 06:21
Yes that's what aussie and I were referring to in post #103, how they can attract customers into an enclosed bar

When I was there the bar was open onto the street....
Perhaps they only close the doors at show time or the street openings are a new thing?

aussie_
January 27th, 2018, 13:55
Perhaps they only close the doors at show time or the street openings are a new thing?

I have not seen the doors closed at M2M since the bar opened except when they close for the night. They always have some tables out front. In my opinion they need a happy hour before 1100pm or they will struggle after high season. When they have a party they have tables and huge speakers out on the soi. M2M and Question Mark both had a party on the same night recently and kept turning up the volume to compete with each other. A waste of time trying to chat with anyone at that end of the soi so i purchased a bottle of whiskey and partied with some of the staff at 4T bar adjacent to M2M.

newalaan2
January 27th, 2018, 17:56

I have not seen the doors closed at M2M since the bar opened except when they close for the night. They always have some tables out front. In my opinion they need a happy hour before 1100pm or they will struggle after high season. When they have a party they have tables and huge speakers out on the soi. M2M and Question Mark both had a party on the same night recently and kept turning up the volume to compete with each other. A waste of time trying to chat with anyone at that end of the soi so i purchased a bottle of whiskey and partied with some of the staff at 4T bar adjacent to M2M.

To be honest, not having seen the place yet, I didn't realise from the photos that virtually the whole frontage of the bar could be opened up to the soi, thought they just had entrance door. That would make a big difference to sitting there outwith the show times to take in the soi's comings and goings as in the host bars on the soi. But they would need to get pricing sorted to reflect that you are then just sitting in 'another' host/beer bar to rival the rest of the Jomtien Complex bars and prices. Even The Venue has Happy Hour prices earlier in the day and later at night.

Must admit I do like if there's a birthday/party on the soi as it livens up the place here at Jomtien or Sunee, but more than one on the same night close to each other on same soi just turns into an irritating 'musical' cacophony.