PDA

View Full Version : Australia equal marriage vote passes by 61.6 % in favour :-))

Nirish guy
November 15th, 2017, 05:23
Australians have voted in favour of legalising same-sex marriage in a historic non-binding poll.
The vote showed 61.6% of people favoured allowing same-sex couples to wed, the Australian Bureau of Statistics said.
The poll had 79.5% participation of eligible voters, the bureau said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-41992344

Lets just hope their Government follow through now !

latintopxxx
November 15th, 2017, 06:12
difficult not to...

a447
November 15th, 2017, 13:30
I just got home from town. There was a big party in full swing in one of the city parks. And lots of lgbtqi+ (christ, they keep adding new letters of the alphabet, and now there's a fucking "plus" symbol!) walking around holding hands.

latintopxxx
November 15th, 2017, 14:37
yes...i too hate how they lump me with all the other lot...Im not transgenger...dont even know what it means..dont want to know...

joe552
November 16th, 2017, 05:52
well latin, you're a queer one, that's for sure

joe552
November 16th, 2017, 06:03
I may have posted this before, When I worked for Amnesty, I set up a group of gay people to campaign for LGBT people overseas. We ended up calling the group the BLTs

latintopxxx
November 16th, 2017, 06:07
oh Lord, here we go again..plse define queer??

FarangRuMak
November 16th, 2017, 06:53
The assumption that having one particular predeliction or world view is predictive of a common set of views is rampant nowadays.
I’m gay but the wierdos in the Sydney Gay Pride do not represent me nor will I address a self-proclaimed trans via a list of made-up pronouns.
He’s quite free to believe he’s a woman in his own mind but he ain’t taking over my mind.
I overheard an Aussie complain about the cost of this non-binding opinion poll but he’s an Aussie so up to him.

latintopxxx
November 16th, 2017, 09:15
some days I think i'm the only sane rational being on this planet...europe is being flooded by illegal immigrants which the lefties have convinced us r refugees...trump is pressie...his wife is an illegal immigrant..UK has left the EU...fat boy still rules in N.Korea.....and im the queer one??

arsenal
November 16th, 2017, 09:44
The Australians have voted for gay marriage. Presumably this will lead to adopted/surrogate children and this will lead to long long long conversations about the choice of school for the sprog and school reports and sports days and crappy pictures of mummy and mummy or daddy and daddy on the fridge and more long long long conversations about the choice of school and grandparents and little personal disposable income and even more long long long conversations about the choice of school which your true gay butterfly friends will find boring to the point of suicide and stop inviting you to the fun parties. Gay Australia. You have my sympathy.

FarangRuMak
November 16th, 2017, 11:36
I understand that this is only a postal opinion poll with no standing in law.

a447
November 16th, 2017, 14:32
That's right, but a new law will be passed before Christmas legalising gay marriage. The Prime Minister has said parliament will sit until a law is passed.

Before the postal vote the gay lobby was at pain to tell anyone who would listen that religious organisations and affiliated schools would be able to continue teaching that marriage is only between a man and a woman.

But yesterday, a high profile lesbian - the former head of the Australian Medical Association - said in a panel discussion that such teachings would be considered discrimination and, as such, would be against the law.

A disgraceful about-face.

FarangRuMak
November 16th, 2017, 17:38
I would vote no.
My parents and siblings went through marriage.
That’s enough misery for one family.