View Full Version : King power

aot871
November 13th, 2017, 17:57
According to the bbc and reuters,, King power and airports of Thailand ltd are being taken to court over outstanding monies owed to the government of approx. 320m pounds

bobsaigon2
November 13th, 2017, 18:02
They probably owe at least double that.

sglad
November 13th, 2017, 18:32
They probably owe at least double that.

Source? Reference?

joe552
November 13th, 2017, 18:46
I never buy duty free cigarettes at the airport. For a start, they don't sell Marlboro Lights, which is my preferred brand when I'm over there. And secondly, I can get a carton for the same price or less in Pattaya.

latintopxxx
November 14th, 2017, 00:42
Ive avoided king power ever since it emerged their staff were engaged in a scam targeting tourists.

christianpfc
November 15th, 2017, 14:19
When I first came to Thailand they were at the height of their scams, and so I made a mental note "King Power = scam" and have never been.

However, they have a Buddha image museum which I will visit some day.

arsenal
November 15th, 2017, 16:55
A complete bunch of crooks. Don't go into their shops.

scottish-guy
November 15th, 2017, 22:39
And presumably don't support Leicester City Football Club.

I'm all for boycotts - currently I refuse to bank with RBS, fill my cars at BP petrol stations, shop at Asda, buy flights from Barrhead Travel, drink Grants whiskies, or eat Tunnocks Teacakes - and I only pay the British state broadcaster's propaganda fee on pain of imprisonment!

:p

arsenal
November 16th, 2017, 05:25
Currently boycotting Tunnocks Teacakes? A fitting adversary. Not enough currants?

FarangRuMak
November 16th, 2017, 06:35
Ive avoided king power ever since it emerged their staff were engaged in a scam targeting tourists.

Yes I remember the name of the scammer-in-chief ‘Tony’ from Singapore.
A notorious case involved a British/Irish? couple who took advantage of a “2 for the price of 1 offer” which the cashier neglected to record on the receipt.
They were arrested by a too readily available BIB and taken to a local Cop Shop and charged with
theft.
This ‘crime’ could only be expunged by the handing over of a big wad of cash and so on....
Don’t know how it ended up or what happened to Tony the Scammer-in-Chief.

a447
November 16th, 2017, 13:56
Don’t know how it ended up or what happened to Tony the Scammer-in-Chief.

I imagine he has been promoted with a massive pay rise.

Rolling Stone
November 17th, 2017, 00:34
I never buy duty free cigarettes at the airport. For a start, they don't sell Marlboro Lights, which is my preferred brand when I'm over there. And secondly, I can get a carton for the same price or less in Pattaya.

Joe, I smoke Marlboro red. Last time I was in town (Bangkok) they were sold at 125 B per packet. I think duty free does come cheaper.
Yep cigarette prices have risen a few times in the recent years. Thought once it was 60 B or something.