PDA

View Full Version : A serious question for Matt

joe552
November 12th, 2017, 03:39
Matt, you may or may not be a Canadian who lives in KK with a Laos boyfriend called Leo. In the same way, that I may not be a guy called Joe who lives in Dublin. So it could all be fiction.

On the assumption that it's not fiction, why would you continue to post about your life on a board where some (many?) members doubt what you say?

I look forward to reading your answer in the morning, right now I'm off to bed (sadly alone).

gerefan2
November 12th, 2017, 03:42
Popcorn and beer at the ready ...

Manforallseasons
November 12th, 2017, 08:09
An answer to why Matt continues is the same that kept him posting as beachlover all those years.....Some sick shit!

Smiles
November 12th, 2017, 08:13
On the assumption that it's not fiction, why would you continue to post about your life on a board where some (many?) members doubt what you say? Masochism?

" ... right now I'm off to bed (sadly alone)." Also masochism.

Favourite food? Popcorn.

a447
November 12th, 2017, 09:00
On the assumption that it's not fiction, why would you continue to post about your life on a board where some (many?) members doubt what you say?

I think you are missing the point.

It's got nothing to do with whether or not anyone believes him - he surely came to the conclusion that there are very few left who believe his tales of woe after he went too far with his "Look at me! I'm blind!" story.

In the beginning, many believed all those dramatic stories of angst about his life with Kim, but given the current state of affairs, they are now in doubt.

My guess is that he's doing it for his own entertainment and doesn't expect his tales to be taken seriously.

And at the end of the day, he's not harming anyone.

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2017, 09:09
Morning Joe! :)

For the past 17 years, I've been working from home, or from whatever residence I'm in at the time. Add to that, I'm in NE Thailand, and am also blind now. Makes for a pretty isolating life.

More people than you think believe me. Just because the loudest members who have nothing better to do than bitch and complain don't believe me, doesn't mean there are alot of people reading who enjoy my little updates on life to get a different view point of the world. I know, because I've gotten PMs from lots of them. Just because they don't have the time or desire to post and join the bitch fest, doesn't mean they're not there reading.

I have yet to understand what's so unrealistic about my story. I guess the fact that I'm gay, and ended up living in Thailand? Well, my work is location indepenent, and loads of people seem to love flying half way across the globe a couple times a year to enjoy time in Thailand, so it's not much of a surprise I ended up just living here.

Then what? I work from home? What's so special about that? It's 2017, not 1960, tens of millions of people work from home, if not more. Because I have a poor, rice farmer from Laos as a BF? Again, not sure what's so unrealistic about that.

Maybe it's due the fact he genuinely loves me, and you don't believe that's possible, because all young Asians are money boys in your eyes? Is that maybe it?

Ok, the blind thing I could understand being seen as a lie, but what am I supposed to do about that? Lie, and say I'm not blind? Sorry, but I am. Again, all it takes is one bad fall to damage your optic nerve. Could just as easily happen to you as it did me.

If I was going to make up a story, don't you think I'd do a little better than a typical, boring middle class life in the swamp of NE Thailand?

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2017, 09:18
Here, short answer: I like to write. It's theraputic (sp), and helps me get my thoughts and emotions in order.

Ok, you had your question, so my turn. Why do you keep drunk posting retarded shit that has absolutely no relevance to this board whatsoever? Don't get me wrong, I could care less, but if you're going to try picking on me, why not...

snotface
November 12th, 2017, 09:53
Ok, you had your question, so my turn. Why do you keep drunk posting retarded shit that has absolutely no relevance to this board whatsoever? Don't get me wrong, I could care less, but if you're going to try picking on me, why not...

That's a good response! I don't doubt that most of what you write about your life in Thailand is true. It would be hard for an impostor to keep up a pretence over so many years. You certainly come over as somewhat fucked-up and confused, but then how many of us on a board like this can plead otherwise?

latintopxxx
November 12th, 2017, 10:59
nah..I need proof..pic of matty holding an ID card..todays newspaper in front of an easily identifiable landmark holding a white cane...

joe552
November 12th, 2017, 11:09
Thanks for your reasonable response Matt.

I think your insulting question to me was unnecessary.

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2017, 11:19
Thanks for your reasonable response Matt.

I think your insulting question to me was unnecessary.

Then don't open threads insulting towards me.

Treat people how you want to be treated. It's not that hard. :)

latintopxxx
November 12th, 2017, 12:00
yes matty dont be mean to joe...like u he too has a disability...he's irish

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2017, 12:11
Wow, I can't believe I actually liked one of latin's posts.

Have to admit though, that one gave me a chuckle... :)

snotface
November 12th, 2017, 15:18
nah..I need proof..pic of matty holding an ID card..todays newspaper in front of an easily identifiable landmark holding a white cane...

The kind of thing you've never seen fit to do, despite having had your doubters over the years. I'm not one of the doubters I hasten to add, you've always seemed all too horribly believable to me.

francois
November 12th, 2017, 15:24
snotface, you forget the matt is here in Thailand illegally and therefore cannot afford to post his photo for fear of being exposed. :D

Impulse
November 12th, 2017, 15:58
If anyone is going to go blind it’s more likely me. I have glaucoma and a tumor on my optic nerve. Can still see though.

My guess is that Beach Lover has morphed into Matt. Nothing wrong with Matt but I miss Beach Lover more, I think it was the avatar he had. The going blind thing was too much of a leap.

And I believe I saw Latin on Gay Romeo, going as Latin Top. About the age he proclaimed to be. Not bad looking but really looks like the devil.

bobsaigon2
November 12th, 2017, 16:30
Rocket, I am truly sorry to hear about your eyesight. Good eyesight is about the last working skill I have. If that goes....

We'll never know the truth about these poseurs. I think the jury is still out on Matt's identity, though you are not the first to suggest he was born of Beachlover.

If we accept that as correct, my guess about the creative sequence would be Beachlover > Matt > sglad > beachluvr > and a couple of recent others by the same author.

joe552
November 12th, 2017, 16:58
Sorry to hear about your eye problems, rocket. It's another of those things we take for granted. Stay well.

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2017, 19:03
We'll never know the truth about these poseurs. I think the jury is still out on Matt's identity, though you are not the first to suggest he was born of Beachlover.

If we accept that as correct, my guess about the creative sequence would be Beachlover > Matt > sglad > beachluvr > and a couple of recent others by the same author.

Oh geez, really? Moses, calling Moses! Can I get a quick favor? I've done this multiple times with Surfcrest, but guess we have to do it again.

I don't bother hiding my identity on the internet, so can you please do a quick lookup on my IP address? Confirm that it's a residential 3BB IP, and let us know where it resolves to. I guess sometimes it will resolve to either Udon Thani or Bangkok, but generally it resolves to Khon Kaen.

Fpr the non-technical members, please know it's impossible to spoof a 3BB IP like that. There's simply no technical way to do it, so at the very least this will confirm I'm in Khon Kaen. Geez, you guys really need to quit being so paranoid.

Moses
November 12th, 2017, 19:06
dynamic.3bb.co.th

bobsaigon2
November 12th, 2017, 19:16
at the very least this will confirm I'm in Khon Kaen. Geez, you guys really need to quit being so paranoid.

Matt. no one is paranoid (about this). It's simply a reflection of your posting history and the inability of most members to suspend disbelief. And it could be that the creator of all these personas that were mentioned lives in Khon Kaen. :)

Cheers.

cdnmatt
November 12th, 2017, 19:42
Oh christ, and you could be Gizmo from the Gremlins movie, and we'd never know it.

Geez...

bobsaigon2
November 12th, 2017, 20:36
OK, I admit it. I'm Gizmo. But no need for formality. You can just call me Giz.