PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be single?

joe552
November 8th, 2017, 05:59
Good morning to all our early riser members in Australia and Asia, and good night to our European members.

If you're single, are you happy to be? Or would you prefer to be in a relationship? I'd love to have a BF, but can't see it happening.. How about you?

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2017, 06:32
I love having a life partner, someone to share experiences with, a sunrise a MB, a good meal, a walk...

joe552
November 8th, 2017, 06:43
I'm genuinely pleased for you latin, and not a bit envious.

bobsaigon2
November 8th, 2017, 08:31
My long time partner spends a couple of nights a month at his mother's place when there is no other relative available to stay with her. Apparently some ghosts visiting her house now and then and she needs a family member on hand.

During these 24 or 48 hour interruptions in our conjugal life, I enjoy catching up on household chores I have been putting off, stay up later than usual surfing the net, smoking more than is good for me, allowing the apartment to be filled with the aroma of frying bacon or hamburgers. But it's not long before introspection occurs and I realize that I am no longer suited to a solitary life. So I am happy to be single, but only for a day or two at a time.

joe552
November 8th, 2017, 08:48
Thanks for that, bob. Happy you've got a good guy to share your life with.

cdnmatt
November 8th, 2017, 10:09
This is going to sound melodramatic, but it's true. If I ever had to be alone in this life again, I'm quite confident I'd just kill myself. There's no way I'm putting myself through that loneliness and depression again. Plus a life without Leo just isn't worth it, and I know he feels the same about me, if not moreso.

We always argue about that. He always bitches at me and says I need to love myself more, whereas I'm of a different mindset. I need something larger than myself to care about, because if it's just me going at it alone, I just won't really care. However, if I have a reason of vision that's bigger than myself, I trun into quite a capable individual.

Can also echo bob's sentiments. Leo goes back to Laos for about a week every 30 days when his VISA expires. First few days I'm fine, but by the end of the week I'm a bit of a mess. Every time I wake up, I'll go wandering around the house looking for Leo, and a couple mins later once I fully wake up I realize he's not even in Thailand, type of thing.

Thankfully, I manage to keep the house in good order when he's not here. Kitchen is always 100% clean, because I'm terrified of maggots. Then everything else has to stay in order at all times, because I'm blind, and I'll forget where I put anything.

bobsaigon2
November 8th, 2017, 11:09
....everything else has to stay in order at all times, because I'm blind, and I'll forget where I put anything.

I am not blind (eyesight actually much improved after cataract surgery), but in my home also, everything else has to stay in place or I will forget where I put things. This is an attestation of my membership in the 70+ club, not something to which one should aspire.

Nirish guy
November 8th, 2017, 15:25
This is going to sound melodramatic...... If I ever had to be alone in this life again I'm quite confident I'd just kill myself.......a life without Leo just isn't worth it..... and I know he feels the same about me

Oh PLEASE !! Anymore of that sickening Mills and Boon claptrap and I'm starting a campaign to suggest that you proceed with your first suggestion without further delay ffs!!

And in answer to the OP - BOTH ! When I'm single I think I'd like to be in a relationship and when I'm in a relationship I usually end up preferring to be single and enjoying peace and quiet and my own company ! ( Or actually more just still to be out shagging just to be more precise).

joe552
November 8th, 2017, 16:34
Are there no single guys out there might want to contribute?

a447
November 8th, 2017, 17:15
I'm single and very, very happy.

I can do whatever I want, whenever I want.

When I travel as a sex tourist I prefer to be by myself - I don't want anyone cramping my style, so to speak!

But when I travel for sightseeing I always take a friend as it's nice to share experiences.

I don't need a partner for sex, because I prefer sex with someone a lot younger then myself.

Having said that, I can see the benefits of having someone to grow old with. I sometimes envy those with partners.

But not for long! I'm now thoroughly used to living by myself. I'm alone, but far from lonely.

joe552
November 8th, 2017, 17:46
Thanks for the positive post, a447. Fair warmed the cockles of me heart, that did.

cdnmatt
November 8th, 2017, 18:58
Oh PLEASE !! Anymore of that sickening Mills and Boon claptrap and I'm starting a campaign to suggest that you proceed with your first suggestion without further delay ffs!!

Then put me on ignore if I offend your personal sensitivities oh so much. You don't see me bitching about your long-winded, incoherent ramblings, do you?

MiniMee
November 8th, 2017, 19:01
.....when I travel for sightseeing I always take a friend as its nice to share experiences.

Anyone we know? You have told us that your travels are quite frequent.....

scottish-guy
November 8th, 2017, 19:22
Tell MiniMee nothing lest you wish to be stalked by some insane stalking person

:D

a447
November 8th, 2017, 20:39
Anyone we know? You have told us that your travels are quite frequent.....

Yes, you're right. My travels are indeed quite frequent.

My travel companions are worldly, sophisticated, charming, cheerful, interesting, very well-travelled individuals - bonvivants, you could say.

And squillionaires, each and every one of them.

And all class.

So no, perhaps not the type of people you would know.

:yahoo_mini:

arsenal
November 8th, 2017, 23:36
Gorbals Jock wrote.
"Tell MiniMee nothing lest you wish to be stalked by some insane stalking person."

Yes. You. Prowling around the board like a creepy dowager aunt sniffing the underwear of everyone else in the house to see if they're having sex.

scottish-guy
November 8th, 2017, 23:52
"If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee" Matthew 18:9

In nomine Patris et filii et spiritus sanctii.

Amen

joe552
November 9th, 2017, 00:09
Can this thread go much further off topic? Oh yes, I fear it can.

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2017, 00:44
a447 I see where u r coming from..guess the only difference is that my partner doesnt cramp my style at all...he too has a high sex drive and we often do threesomes...sharing a MB is common...we dont always travel together..probably just over half our trips are together..I can do whatever I want, whenever I want to anyone I want and he doesnt cramp my style at all...only diff is that hes into twinky stick figures and I like mine to have some muscle and a good bubble butt to pound away at.

Nirish guy
November 9th, 2017, 00:58
Then put me on ignore if I offend your personal sensitivities oh so much. You don't see me bitching about your long-winded, incoherent ramblings, do you?

Feel free - you're entitled too, just as I am - "I'd kill myself if etc" - wise up ffs.

joe552
November 9th, 2017, 01:00
Sounds like the best of both worlds, latin

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2017, 02:51
works for me...has done for quite a while actually

a447
November 9th, 2017, 07:17
There are certainly quite a few members here who have found their soul mate and if you are one of them, Latin, I'm happy for you. As you said, it works for you.

I've been in a few long-term relationships in my time but they failed because neither of us was willing to compromise enough. But I am great friends with all my ex-boyfriends. We hang out together, but we don't live together.

I am not a butterfly, so a relationship would surely suit me. But I doubt anyone would ever give me the total freedom I crave. I'm selfish in that way.

Close friends make up for a permanent partner. They provide me with most of what a partner would.

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2017, 13:11
selfish is the poison that kills a relationship...

francois
November 9th, 2017, 13:42
I am not a butterfly, so a relationship would surely suit me.

a447, Do you want us to really believe that based on your written escapades?

francois
November 9th, 2017, 13:48
Can this thread go much further off topic? Oh yes, I fear it can.

Isn't it sad, joe, that a thread can wander so much. N'est-ce pas?

a447
November 9th, 2017, 13:55
a447, Do you want us to really believe that based on your written escapades?

Well, yes. The guys I have been with in Pattaya and Bangkok have been the same ones, apart from a few.

There is my Pattaya boy (ex-eros) who I've been seeing every trip for the last 5 years or so. There have been other boys too, but for the most part I haven't had sex with them.

There's also the Bangkok guy from Golden Cock and a couple from Nature Boy who ive been seeing for the last I don't know how many years. I see the boy from GC every single day I'm in town. The problem in Bangkok is that the guys at Nature Boy arent always working, and so I have to go and find someone else for my night entertainment. That's a real hassle for me.

Even when I used to go to Phnom Pehn to the massage place I only ever had sex with the same guy, night after night, holiday after holiday. Mr bubblebutt - oh, the memories!

So no, I don't consider myself a butterfly at all. If I find someone I really like I prefer to just go with them.

And if circumstances were different I could probably enjoy a relationship with any of them.

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2017, 14:28
funny how we r wired so differently...I have someone I love and think about all the time..but when it comes to sex its like chewing gum..after an hour or so the flavour is gone. ....I very rarely do a MB twice in a week...

scottish-guy
November 9th, 2017, 17:29
Oh look Latintop - your post has been deleted (definition: Len's English Dictionary)

joe552
November 9th, 2017, 17:34
funny how we r wired so differently...I have someone I love and think about all the time..but when it comes to sex its like chewing gum..after an hour or so the flavour is gone. ....I very rarely do a MB twice in a week...

I presume you mean when you're at home, latin? I got the impression from your Thailand posts, that you can do 2 or 3 a day?

arsenal, if you're going to edit posts, surely you should provide an explanation?

scottish-guy
November 9th, 2017, 18:15
arsenal, if you're going to edit posts, surely you should provide an explanation?

You're labouring under the gross misapprehension that the members interests are of any concern

FarangRuMak
November 9th, 2017, 19:03
The queenie Thais especially, are very quick to call you a butterfly but never see themselves as the honeyed and often- visited recepicles that butterflies depend on.
Does having a boy in every port make one a butterfly if it’s the same guy every time? I don’t know.
I gave up on these queens after 3-in-a-row declared me a butterfly because I had guinness pintglassfull of tooth brushes in my bathroom.
Straight guys would never notice sh-t like that.

joe552
November 9th, 2017, 19:29
I've never been a butterfly. Sure I've had one night stands, but they are quickly forgotten. I subscribe to the a447 school of thought - if I find a nice boy, I will tend to off him night after night (maybe even take a short trip away with him). For me, it's not just about sex, but he has to be able to communicate with me. If we go out to dinner, or for a few drinks, I want to have lively, fun conversations. Luckily, I've always been able to find a suitable boy to enjoy my holidays with.

arsenal
November 9th, 2017, 19:48
FRM wrote. (about toothbrushes)
"Straight guys would never notice sh-t like that."

I disagree. I think they'd notice but not care and think it funny. They ain't looking to you to be their boyfriend, partner, meal ticket for life etc.

latintopxxx
November 10th, 2017, 01:09
joe...I meant the SAME MB twice in a week...at home I gotta fuck every day..if I dont its been a waste of a day...thats why I have a wide circle of fuck buddies and more often than not a "guest" in my spare bedroom....on holiday 2 a day is normal..sometimes more..

FarangRuMak
November 10th, 2017, 03:40
FRM wrote. (about toothbrushes)
"Straight guys would never notice sh-t like that."

I disagree. I think they'd notice but not care and think it funny. They ain't looking to you to be their boyfriend, partner, meal ticket for life etc.

Ok, AND I’m frequently amazed how many will TIGHTLY bottom in the privacy of my room and away from their buddies.

latintopxxx
November 10th, 2017, 05:57
...exactly..bit of an oxymorom..a MB that will not bottom...what use is that..he's only there for one thing..

FarangRuMak
November 10th, 2017, 14:01
...exactly..bit of an oxymorom..a MB that will not bottom...what use is that..he's only there for one thing..
Well he could also be there to Top
Some just want to sleep and cuddle and then get paid which I'm sure you you love to do now and again-like us all.
And still many more will bottom because a geriatric farang does not stimulate them into rising to the Top task for some reason.
Still some others will bottom because they enjoy it.

latintopxxx
November 11th, 2017, 05:49
nonsense..if i engage a MB one of his primary roles is to bottom..otherwise he's of absolutely no use to me....anyway i always check before I agree to meet up...quite often the ones that claim to be top will after I've made it very clear in no uncertain terms that unless they bottom Im not interested in the slightest...revert with something along the lines of " OK..just for u"..
Oh how i enjoy the chase........

FarangRuMak
November 11th, 2017, 12:18
nonsense..if i engage a MB one of his primary roles is to bottom..otherwise he's of absolutely no use to me....anyway i always check before I agree to meet up...quite often the ones that claim to be top will after I've made it very clear in no uncertain terms that unless they bottom Im not interested in the slightest...revert with something along the lines of " OK..just for u"..
Oh how i enjoy the chase........
I bet when you get away from your mates here you too revert to your alter ego and indulge in some furtive cuddling.

joe552
November 11th, 2017, 14:18
Even if latin did enjoy a cuddle now and then, he's hardly likely to admit it here - it would ruin his reputation for "fuck 'em and forget 'em"!

scottish-guy
November 11th, 2017, 15:45
But now that Latin has joined our little clique he's been much nicer

joe552
November 11th, 2017, 15:50
That's true SG, and we all love to cuddle up together

latintopxxx
November 11th, 2017, 18:46
I love cuddling....but only with the one I love...my partner of almost 20 years...the rest r only there to empty my balls....completely expendable..

joe552
November 11th, 2017, 19:10
you old romantic, you

FarangRuMak
November 12th, 2017, 10:34
I love cuddling....but only with the one I love...my partner of almost 20 years...the rest r only there to empty my balls....completely expendable..

Half the above post points to your being emotionally mainstream.
The other half may point to an element of Sadism in the act of sex with strangers.
So long as no one is damaged that's fine in my book.
A whole industry is built around S&M. ...visit any erotica store in Amsterdam.
We all have our quirks and what goes on in the privacy of our lives is seldom exposed but you are pretty open about your style.
I'm always curious about what makes people do what the do or think what they think.
Perhaps your view of the M Boys is strictly cerebral and has nothing to do with anything but functionality but it is a bit over the top even then don't you think?

latintopxxx
November 12th, 2017, 11:58
I have a perfectly boring professional corporate profession...some days so boring that I wish scotty would beam me up back to the gay spaceship. I have a partner..been together almost 2 decades...we rarely fight....we met quite by chance (ok it was in a gay sauna and we were both chasing the same bottom and had a cat fight)...we clicked...cannot explain it..I was very happily single until he inserted himself i to my life..I wasnt even looking..
Daily life is pretty routine..eat, sleep, work, gym..
Guess my online out of the ordinary activity is my sex drive..sometimes I wonder if I have enough space in my skull for anything because all I think about is sex..
I have a spare bedroom and more often than not its got a guest that gets fucked in exchange for free board and lodging...I like having that ownership..
I have a wide circle of fuck buddies..some are very sub..others arent....
But think I will leave it at this point..if i carry on and explain how and why I enjoy using MBs like rubber sex toys it will only enrage some board members..all I can say is that every MB I use is an adult and has agreed to the activities..

francois
November 12th, 2017, 16:38
But now that Latin has joined our little clique he's been much nicer

Is this the clique within the clique?

FarangRuMak
November 13th, 2017, 01:12
I have a perfectly boring professional corporate profession...some days so boring that I wish scotty would beam me up back to the gay spaceship. I have a partner..been together almost 2 decades...we rarely fight....we met quite by chance (ok it was in a gay sauna and we were both chasing the same bottom and had a cat fight)...we clicked...cannot explain it..I was very happily single until he inserted himself i to my life..I wasnt even looking..
Daily life is pretty routine..eat, sleep, work, gym..
Guess my online out of the ordinary activity is my sex drive..sometimes I wonder if I have enough space in my skull for anything because all I think about is sex..
I have a spare bedroom and more often than not its got a guest that gets fucked in exchange for free board and lodging...I like having that ownership..
I have a wide circle of fuck buddies..some are very sub..others arent....
But think I will leave it at this point..if i carry on and explain how and why I enjoy using MBs like rubber sex toys it will only enrage some board members..all I can say is that every MB I use is an adult and has agreed to the activities..
I think it’s ok to leave it at that.
You’re more honest that most of us here.

christianpfc
November 15th, 2017, 14:05
I have been single all my life, and in addition have been living alone for over 10 years now.

Whenever I have a boy staying with me longer than 2 days, I find it difficult to put up with our differences (sleep-wake-pattern, eating habits, use of TV/internet/mobile phone) and anyway there not much I share with most of my sex partners.

It cannot be excluded that I some day find a match, but the chances are so low that's it's not worth counting on it. And if I find one, it would require some changes in my life: stop going to saunas and whoring around, finding a job.

One boy on gayromeo rejected me as a potential boyfriend or even fuckbuddy on the reason of my prolonged unemployment, and everyone else wants me to fund the same for them? So it's either get a job and be with a boy who has a job, or my future boyfriend wants to live like me, without working?

But back to the original question: I have no comparison and don't know if I would be happier in a relationship.

Living together with a boyfriend would mean half the expenses for rent and hotels, but I don't think that would work (sharing rent and hotel costs) with a Thai boy.

scottish-guy
November 15th, 2017, 14:14
...I wish scotty would beam me ...

No offence but you're not my type dear.

:p

latintopxxx
November 15th, 2017, 14:35
christian...I prefer that my partner be of a similar social standing, work ethic, ambition, goals and intellectual level..I would never ever contemplate living with or accepting a 20 something Thai guy as my partner..need someone I can talk to at my level..that understands my world..not a trophy " husband"

sglad
November 18th, 2017, 01:26
My travel companions are worldly, sophisticated, charming, cheerful, interesting, very well-travelled individuals - bonvivants, you could say.

So no, perhaps not the type of people you would know.

Come on...can't you even let us know the name of the escort agency?

scottish-guy
November 18th, 2017, 02:37
Have it on good authority the escort agency is called "Chicks With Dicks"

:D

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 03:06
SG I'll be over in Glasgow around Christmas visiting my niece and her husband, if you fancy a pint of heavy.

scottish-guy
November 18th, 2017, 03:16
Sure - but one pint won't suffice for me - and I know all the Celtic bars :D

Assuming all goes to plan you can also meet the BF

joe552
November 18th, 2017, 03:31
Actually SG that was a joke.

arsenal
November 18th, 2017, 05:13
Latin wrote?
"I prefer that my partner be of a similar social standing, work ethic, ambition, goals and intellectual level..I would never ever contemplate living with or accepting a 20 something Thai guy as my partner..need someone I can talk to at my level..that understands my world..not a trophy " husband"

Trophy 'husbands' and 'boyfriends' always tarnish in the end.