PDA

View Full Version : A serious question (honestly)

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 01:38
Firstly, an admission - it's Monday and I always treat myself to a bottle of wine out of my dole money (6 euro), which explains why I'm flooding the board. If it's too much, I apologise, but I hope there's something of interest for someone.

So my serious question relates to the guy from Si Saket who I met on mys first trip. It seemed we'd agreed to go to Bangkok for a couple of days so I could see his parents again. I duly booked hotel rooms at the Malaysia.

I haven't heard from him for a week, despite constant messages on Facebook, which is the only way I have of communicating with him. I admit I'm not very experienced in dealing with Thai boys or men.

Those of you who have more experience - should I be worried and cancel the hotel booking (it's 2 months away, so it's not critical). Or should I just relax about the whole thing?

I know, I spend too much time on my own.You guys are the only ones I can have these conversations with (god, that sounds pathetic, but it's true)

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 04:50
You can cancel the Malaysia very close to arrival I would think.
If you don
Sorry joe I spent 10 minutes putting a reply together and lost it all by editing......grrrrrrr

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 04:58
I agree with FRM - just chill about it - he'll probably show up on Facebook in a few days with some explanation of why he's been out of circulation.

There's no need to jump to conclusions or panic at this stage - if it gets to a week before you're due to leave and there's still been no contact, then you can cancel

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 10:18
I agree with FRM - just chill about it - he'll probably show up on Facebook in a few days with some explanation of why he's been out of circulation.

There's no need to jump to conclusions or panic at this stage - if it gets to a week before you're due to leave and there's still been no contact, then you can cancel
You can bet your bottom dollar he’s chilled about it.
If he doesn’t show up stay there anyway.
He will of course be late, maybe even by a full day what with not waking up, getting lost in Bangkok, missing the bus, Yai or Lung dying and so on.
In the meantime get a bedwarmer in the lobby to help you chill out if that makes sense.

latintopxxx
November 7th, 2017, 12:43
a bedwarmer...lol...its a human...not an appliance

Smiles
November 7th, 2017, 13:19
I know, I spend too much time on my own.You guys are the only ones I can have these conversations with (god, that sounds pathetic)
You are a very honest and open man Joe. Admirable on many levels.

Regarding Mr Sisaket ... have fun anyway. If he shows up, even better.
Forget expectations, but don't beg him.

Manforallseasons
November 7th, 2017, 14:09
Joe earlier you said you were prepared for a no show, as for the Malaysia I always stay there when in Bangkok and never had to leave a deposit eveything confirmed on a phone call, don't get in a rut if he is gone plenty more to enjoy, you owe it to yourself.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 15:33
...its a human...not an appliance

OMFG - we have changed him!

:D

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 15:37
It's because he's now a member of the Joey, Scotty and Poxxy gang. A fine body of members happily quipping their way through each and every day. Sawatdee Gay Thailand salutes you.

Oliver
November 7th, 2017, 16:56
May I ask two questions? Firstly, how close is he to this guy? is he more than a friend?
And secondly, why does he rely on Facebook? What's wrong with a mobile phone?
I agree with Scottish-guy; speaking from bitter experience, I caution Joe about "catastrophisation" as followers of Mindfulness call it. In other words, there is likely to be an explanation that is staggeringly mundane: why assume the worst?

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 17:02
Thanks for all the replies. I'll try to relax about it. Oliver, he was more than a friend when I first met him - he's only the 2nd guy I've seriously fallen in love with. Now, I think of him as a friend.

Oliver
November 7th, 2017, 22:40
I can relate to that. I lived a "straight" life until my forties. When I fell in love fifteen years ago at the age fifty-five, I remember remarking to a friend that I was less experienced than the average twenty-year-old. And it meant that I was over-anxious and insecure.
Things turned-out very well....as I hope they do for you.

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 23:25
Thanks Oliver, have another like.

Actually while we're on the subject of likes, I've just had a brainwave or brainfart, I'm not sure. Why don't we have a Miss Congeniality-style competition to see who gets the most likes in a month? Maybe it would make people be nicer to each other, 'cos after all, we all need more love in the world.

arsenal
November 8th, 2017, 09:26
No. Let's not. On a Thai forum it would definitely lead to corruption.

Smiles
November 8th, 2017, 10:01
"Like" Races my ass. Leave that to GayThailand's goody guys (Mass bannings ideed). What we need here is a "Dislike" button ... hopefully aimed at Moderators for the most part.
Whoever designed Liking should have their head examined.

For instance, I REALLY dislike this schmaltz.

Maybe it would make people be nicer to each other, 'cos after all, we all need more love in the world.

Like that!

(Now Cdnmatt chimes in with his love-me-love-me-not theories ... spew.)

arsenal
November 8th, 2017, 10:07
I have noticed certain, shall we say reciprocal 'like' arrangements creeping in. Most notably with the Joey, Scotty and Latin Boys club. As I said, corruption. And chief corrupter is our own butter wouldn't melt in the mouth.....Joe.

bobsaigon2
November 8th, 2017, 10:27
I was going to post as soon as I saw the OP, but then decided to wait to see what the reaction would be to the OP. It is as I thought it would be. :)

bobsaigon2
November 8th, 2017, 12:53
.....Why don't we have a Miss Congeniality-style competition to see who gets the most likes in a month? Maybe it would make people be nicer to each other, 'cos after all, we all need more love in the world.

Well Joe, the responses to this idea have not been especially supportive (and please ignore that suggestion that anyone had been padding other posts with Likes in some sort of reciprocal arrangement; we know that's not true).

The problem I see is that someone like You Know Who (currently attempting to transform/transition himself from heartless debauchee to civilized member of polite society), would become so well adjusted socially that even the most dedicated tree huggers would be lavishing him with Likes (only to be dismayed in future when he reverts to his true self).

IMHO :)

arsenal
November 8th, 2017, 13:17
The transformation is largely imposed, not voluntary. Reversion to type will occur hours after the last moderator turns the lights out.

dinagam
November 8th, 2017, 13:34
Well Joe,

The problem I see is that someone like You Know Who (currently attempting to transform/transition himself from heartless debauchee to civilized member of polite society), would become so well...

IMHO :)

Are you speaking of Latin?

Impulse
November 12th, 2017, 16:16
Whoa! Wait a minute! Bad idea about the likes. They mean nothiiiiiing! Who gives a damn about being liked. Not me! I wasn’t very popular in high school, so why change now?

Please, no one like this post! I want to remain the most disliked member here. Oh wait, as if I’d have to worry about that,lol. After all these years I would have thought I’d get more than just two likes, no matter how banal my post are.

Let’s call the fewest likes the winner. Like when they give a prize to who came in last. I’ve seen some with only seven post has three likes already. Oh my gosh. What am I doing wrong? Don’t answer that.
My self esteem is shot. I might have to resort to paying for sex now.

bobsaigon2
November 12th, 2017, 16:36
Rocket, As you wished, I did not give your post a Like. But I do like it. :)