PDA

View Full Version : I just skimmed some of the Mars Rover photos on the NASA website - stunning, and lots more to explore.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 17:42
I just skimmed some of the Mars Rover photos on the NASA website - stunning, and lots more to explore. One thing though, there's a picture of the Rover itself - who or what took that photo? I think we deserve to know. Some of the photos could easily be places on earth - is earth-like a word?

But the photos are really well worth a look.

cdnmatt
November 6th, 2017, 18:53
Could be wrong, but it's not just one rover. That rover contains a bunch of mini rovers for diferrent tasks, and which can move through terrain the main rover can't. Could be wrong though.

Anyway, absolutely thrilled they found liquified water on Mars. Now that's cool.
q

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 19:20
Thanks to whichever mod separated this out - should have done it myself.

Matt, I didn't know they sent more than one. I prefer my theory though, that it was the inhabitants of Mars who took that picture.

It must be really frustrating that you can't actually see the pictures.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 19:54
Of course, there's an alternative theory (isn't there always?). The photos which look earth-like (I've unilaterally decided it's a word), they look earth-like because they were taken in Nevada, where the military have a huge number of secret sites. The others were done with Photoshop (or similar) by a 12 year old in Montana, either during, or between, wanks.

I don't have a view one way or the other. I'm merely suggesting possibilities.

cdnmatt
November 6th, 2017, 19:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNS4lecOaAc
Nah, I don't really mind that, and it's pretty minor compared to other frustrations.

The main one being loss of independence. I've now realized, I can tool around the local shops in my area alone, but it's best if I don't attempt to go to the market. I've done it many times, and about a 50/50 chance of getting there and making it back. Last time was about 4 days ago, went to get some milk, and ended up on the highway someway, and nearly got myself killed, so that's out.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 20:13
Sorry, I just realised I hadn't posted a link to the NASA site (and you know how confident I am with this).

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/mars/images/index.html

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 20:45
Ironic really. Mankind's top techie stuff is called Rover and it's freewheelin over the surface of Mars whereas in Britain Rover Cars made cars that couldn't freewheel to the end of the road without breaking down. We had a Morris Marina Ital which was considered stylish because it had the words 'de luxe' on the dashboard.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 21:15
Ah, the 1930s, arsenal. Truly a golden age in Britain.

latintopxxx
November 7th, 2017, 01:49
...spot any gogo bars...??

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 02:06
I haven't examined the pictures that closely, but give me time. Y'all will be the first to know what I discover. Is Nevada one of those states that goes dry on a Sunday?

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 05:13
We could write a new equivalent of the locker room song Bestiality is Best Boys...Beastiality is best....
AlianANALity is Best boys....

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 05:48
FRM, not for the first time - I have no idea what that post means. Is it an American thing?

Actually makes me feel sober!

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 06:51
It's of no importance.
I used to play a small bit of Rugby.
This is one of the old locker room ditties extolling beastiality as opposed to married conjugality I presume.

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 17:53
There was a ditty I don't really remember, but maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

X is wrong, XX if very wrong, and necrophilia is dead wrong.

Or some such.

We're a long way from Mars, Toto!

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 18:01
...spot any gogo bars...??

A long way off, The offs would be expensive I expect.