PDA

View Full Version : Thai gay chat forums

latintopxxx
November 6th, 2017, 04:58
Despite claims that this board is dying I feel like its one of the liveliest. Occasionally I visit gaybutton and its terribly static..almost no posts.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 06:58
I have to agree with you again, latin. Oh, now I feel most unwell.

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 07:42
Across the forums we probably get ten times as many posts per day as all the other boards combined.

bobsaigon2
November 6th, 2017, 09:12
Yes, there is always something happening on SGT. One of the other forums is more of a PSA (public service announcement) type for Pattaya, but nothing wrong with that. Serves a very useful purpose. The third forum seems to be more of a niche forum but I haven't quite figured out what that niche includes.

So, yes, it's SGT which has my attention and which I think will survive and flourish as long as it remains as civil as it is at the moment.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 10:53
To be fair, bob, GB also has some good advice on how a well-run go go bar should operate. Unfortunately, it's the same advice since I've been reading the forums.

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 11:00
Well to be honest Joe, most of the 'advice' is really 'this is what I want' and the bar should provide it. Regular 'ideas' include large amounts of boys, cheap drinks with a large selection of genuine brands , high class seating, cheap off fees blah blah blah.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 11:19
That's exactly what I meant, arsenal. I just assumed most here would know that without it being spelled out.

FarangRuMak
November 6th, 2017, 11:42
Yes, there is always something happening on SGT. One of the other forums is more of a PSA (public service announcement) type for Pattaya, but nothing wrong with that. Serves a very useful purpose. The third forum seems to be more of a niche forum but I haven't quite figured out what that niche includes.

So, yes, it's SGT which has my attention and which I think will survive and flourish as long as it remains as civil as it is at the moment.
There’s high tea civil, parliamentary civil etc but they often come with a large dose of boredom.
Given that we have at least one specimen of the uncivilsed homo sapiens sapiens strain here it will never be boring.

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 11:42
Oh. Good advice is always welcomed by all small business owners. They can't get enough of it.

Manforallseasons
November 6th, 2017, 15:08
There are three gay forums dealing with Thailand all very different.

SGT...Offers alot of fun banter with some interesting(real people)characters engaging in back and forth commentary seldom boring.
Gaythailand.....Offers info mainly for visitors about where, how and when to find sex.
Gaybutton.....Offers a platform for mostly older gay men less interested in sex but a place to discuss politics and an occasional reference to sex and current visa issues.

christianpfc
November 6th, 2017, 22:22
The title is misleading. I was expecting a discussion of gay chat forums in Thai language, by Thais. What the op is talking about is gay Thailand forums.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 22:31
I love it when a German corrects a native English speaker's command of the language.

Christian, you are truly a one off (and I mean you are an individual, not referring to offs in bars)

francois
November 6th, 2017, 22:58
Across the forums we probably get ten times as many posts per day as all the other boards combined.

Remarkedly, most of the posts are by the same 5/6 posters.:devilsh:

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 23:37
Just to be a bit christian with this, francois, the word is 'remarkably', with a b and not a d. I just did that because you pissed me off on the C&C thread.

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of the last post you made of any interest, which was not somehow a complaint about this or that? My breath is not being held.

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 08:34
Francois wrote.
"Remarkedly, most of the posts are by the same 5/6 posters."

I think you meant 'remarkably' and I think you did it just to upset Christian.

francois
November 7th, 2017, 09:30
My breath is not being held.

joe, hold your breath and slowly count to 1000.

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 09:34
Well that's just mean.

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 10:29
Just to be a bit christian with this, francois, the word is 'remarkably', with a b and not a d. I just did that because you pissed me off on the C&C thread.

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of the last post you made of any interest, which was not somehow a complaint about this or that? My breath is not being held.

Maybe he’s being creative.
Shakespeare invented/coined c. 2000 new words.
Many geniuses since have reformed others.
If there’s a ‘Markedly’ maybe there’s a case for ‘Remarkedly’?
Just saying...

Smiles
November 7th, 2017, 10:51
Remarkedly, most of the posts are by the same 5/6 posters.
Unscientifically ... I'd not go as far down is 5-6 members posting the large majority of posts. My thinking - since some time ago actually - is more like a dozen major blabbermouths (3 of them being Moderators.) right now, led by Joe who is simply far ahead of everyone vis-a-vis postings.

Looking back some years (lets say 2007) and the number of members posting on a regular basis was far greater then, than now. (Moderators being seen but not heard).

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 17:46
I know I've been posting a lot, and I don't really apologise (well, I did once). I'm unemployed and live alone - this is my preferred entertainment (as well as a valuable source of serious discussion when needed). Looking back over the last couple of months, if I hadn't been posting so much, would the Board be as lively as it is? I'm not preventing someone else from starting a thread - there's room enough for everyone.

Manforallseasons
November 7th, 2017, 18:33
Joe keep posting please smiles is just pissed off because no one gives a rat's ass about anything he posts anymore.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 19:09
Extremely generous of you to add the "anymore"

:D

Just kidding Smiles

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 19:20
MFAS, I think you're very wide of the mark regarding Smiles. Of course, he doesn't need me to defend him. I enjoy his humour, his posts about his life with his partner, and his willingness to give of his experience. As well as his ability to cut through the bullshit we sometimes see here.

Guess which of the 2 of you I'd rather have a beer with?

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 19:41
Well after knocking back enough gin to stock The Titanic MFAS heads off to Nice Boys or Eros and partakes of the pick 'n' mix candies on offer that Woolworth always wanted to stock but couldn't so I'd choose him.

Manforallseasons
November 7th, 2017, 19:51
Found love again last nite at N.B. Boy dinks now 200 bht well worth it.
Joe B.T.W. as you have trouble sleeping surely you will find smiles posts helpful.:p

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 20:00
I know you think that last comment was sarcastic, MFAS, but I've always found Smiles' posts helpful, in a real kind of way. Maybe beyond your ken?

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 20:01
Or search the posts of Gorbals Jock for a reference to Thailand.

Good news MFAS. Always like to hear about NB.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 20:43
Or search the posts of Gorbals Jock for a reference to Thailand.

That shouldn't be too hard a search even for yourself:

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 20:52
Bravo. A big round of applause for Gorbals Jock.

sglad
November 8th, 2017, 03:42
I love it when a German corrects a native English speaker's command of the language.

Good. Because the native, non-native label is not a reliable indicator of expertise and accuracy in a language.

joe552
November 8th, 2017, 04:09
Sez who? A native speaker will always have a greater understanding of idioms, local interpretations of words, etc. A non-native speaker may have a more "pure" understanding of a language, but it will always be apparent they are non-native speakers.

kkjason
November 8th, 2017, 14:03
Sez who? A native speaker will always have a greater understanding of idioms, local interpretations of words, etc. A non-native speaker may have a more "pure" understanding of a language, but it will always be apparent they are non-native speakers.

This would actually come down to what classifies as a native and non-native speaker. For example - I am friends with a Thai who is also a Canadian - from birth. He is naturally a Thai - born to Thai parents - but adopted by Canadian parents the moment he popped out so to speak. He was raised in Thailand. He speaks perfectly fluent Thai and looks like a Thai. No Thai would ever know he is actually Canadian. By the same token, he speaks fluent English, right down to our crazy Idioms (sorry Matt - he actually doesn't do Canadian euphemisms for some reason). Now, is his native language Thai? Is it English? Both? None of the above? It becomes difficult when we attach labels because we have to know the background...There are other examples of this as well - I agree, Joe, that most non-native Speakers have a difficult time with idioms. They probably understand grammar much better than me because I suck at it - At the same time, there are probably limits to this assumption.

Cheers -

a447
November 8th, 2017, 14:41
My first language at home was French, but outside the home I spoke English. So theoretically speaking, my native language is French. But I actually consider English to be my mother tongue.

After moving to Japan French dropped by the wayside as I concentrated on learning the new language.

And although I can get by easily in French, only English and Japanese now come naturally to me. Sometimes when I speak French, I've got to stop and think. When the internet first started I used to chat in Agency forum dedicated to travel, and I don't think anyone one I want French. But if I were to join a French chat forum now I think they'd soon pick up on that.

But strangely enough, I have a kind of "feel" for French that I can't explain. For example, I can often guess whether a new word is masculine or feminine, but I don't know why.

However, my knowledge of French grammar is virtually non-existent, and my knowledge of Japanese grammar is not much better. But I think I have a good grasp of English grammar and spelling, as this is what I was taught in high school in Japan every day.

Your friend is lucky that he learnt Thai in country and not at some language school. I think that is the only way to become completely fluent in a tonal language.

I would love to be able to participate in a Thai forum and post in Thai with locals but sadly,that will never happen.

Language learning is full of mystery and showcases the amazing abilities of the human brain - even one such as mine!

bobsaigon2
November 8th, 2017, 14:48
.... Now, is his native language Thai? Is it English? Both? None of the above? -

That's easy. He's bilingual. That term normally implies a native speaker mastery of two languages and the cultures that go along with them. He's a lucky guy.

arsenal
November 8th, 2017, 22:11
Native speakers are often almost impossible to understand, especially if they're talking to another person from the same area as themselves. Two Geordies talking in their Newcastle brogue and I haven't a clue what they're saying. It begs the question as to where an accent becomes a dialect and where a dialect becomes almost a separate language.

latintopxxx
November 9th, 2017, 13:09
Im already bored...if this thread was a MB I'd be complaining...too loose...next please

dinagam
November 9th, 2017, 13:25
Goatherds generally agree that the rear sphincters of billy goats are especially tight.

Smiles
November 9th, 2017, 13:26
" ... Found love again last nite at N.B.... "
Well, better than your normal sitting lonely in a dark corner, I agree.

Regarding 'The Found': Was that before kicking in just one more toilet door, or after?
Did you ride you're well-dropped motorbike to N.B (New Brunswick?) and then proceeded to down it once again, heavily into your well-used private cups?
Was your 'love' impressed?

Folks here should want to know more of this scintillating saga of massive alcohol over-indulgence ... could be a classic set piece.

Manforallseasons
November 9th, 2017, 14:07
I am happy that you and F.H. who contacted me on Gaybutton announcing that you are his defacto spokesperson on SGT find me so intreging but considering both your rather unorgasmic lives you do need someone to look up to so why not me. F.H. lived for likes on his posts and you for bi anual errections, all my best to you both!

sglad
November 9th, 2017, 23:41
Your friend is lucky that he learnt Thai in country and not at some language school.

Arai wah?

sglad
November 9th, 2017, 23:43
F.H. lived for likes on his posts and you for bi anual errections, all my best to you both!

Biannual erections. Is that why they call them May-December relationships?

arsenal
November 10th, 2017, 08:22
There are members here for whom biannual erections would be an increase of two.
😄😀

christianpfc
November 10th, 2017, 09:42
Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
Or search the posts of Gorbals Jock for a reference to Thailand.That shouldn't be too hard a search even for yourself:
Now I see who is being referred to as Gorbals Jock, but I missed how it came so and what is the meaning. Please enlighten me!

gerefan2
November 10th, 2017, 10:09
A Jock is someone who comes from Scotland.
The Gorbals were a very destitute and run down are of Glasgow, which is a city in Scotland.
Hence Gorbals Jock...

a447
November 10th, 2017, 14:00
Arai wah?

Learning a tonal language is so much easier if you grow up speaking it. You learn the tones naturally with no need to study them or memorising them for each individual word.

It's a bit like learning the gender of words in say, French or German. As a child it comes naturally, add you hear the words over and over again.

If you learn the language out of country, it is much more difficult.

pong
November 11th, 2017, 00:40
well, you really misled me by this title: I thought it would go about the (many-but always changing, due to the vigilant Thai censors) THAI language chat+meet boards, like former boy-siam69 etc. Just learn Thai and have your pick-often for free. Ask der christian for more details. many also with Youtube like short movies or live scenes.

scottish-guy
November 11th, 2017, 00:47
A Jock is someone who comes from Scotland.
The Gorbals were a very destitute and run down are of Glasgow, which is a city in Scotland.
Hence Gorbals Jock...

Hope you got that Christian - the fact I do not live in "The Gorbals" seems to be neither here nor there - but it amuses Len nevertheless

joe552
November 11th, 2017, 00:54
A genuine question SG - does the Gorbals still exist as a distinct area of Glasgow, albeit probably gentrified to fuck by now.

scottish-guy
November 11th, 2017, 03:31
You've got both parts of that right Joe.

Have you noticed that some on this board have a very unhealthy obsession with where other people live - in an effort to denigrate them - you had some barbs aimed at you regarding some area of Dublin.

Then there was someone else who seemed to think it was significant whether one owned or rented one's home.

It all smacks very much of snobbery, and I have no time for it or the jumped up nothings who perpetrate it

arsenal
November 11th, 2017, 05:52
Well Joe, the word "gentrified" might be a little on the strong side. They built a library. Personally I think it's impossible to denigrate anyone's origins unless they already have an inherent insecurity about it. I'm from north London and fucking proud of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorbals

latintopxxx
November 11th, 2017, 06:02
Love rough neighbourhoods...sexy real guys...that scally look...instant hard on...

arsenal
November 11th, 2017, 06:14
There's rough and then there's dystopian. Gorbals leans towards the latter.