PDA

View Full Version : First snow of winter

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 01:21
This is a short video of the first snow of winter on Ireland's highest mountain - I know it's not the Alps, but it's the best we have.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/watch-irelands-highest-peak-gets-its-first-snow-of-the-season-36291209.html

scottish-guy
November 6th, 2017, 01:22
So, too late to put a bet on with PaddyPower then.

:D

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 01:28
Afraid so.

cdnmatt
November 6th, 2017, 02:50
Astonishing, please tell us more about how snow falls in Ireland.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 03:00
What do you mean? Are you being sarcastic? I just thought it was a pretty view of Ireland.

cdnmatt
November 6th, 2017, 03:05
Ohhh, ok, sorry. Don't mind me, just being blind again.

Hope it's a beautiful view.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 03:15
Why would you click on a video if you can't see it? What were you hoping for?

cdnmatt
November 6th, 2017, 03:19
Didn't click on the video. I just thought you were letting us all know it snowed in Ireland today on some mountain top.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 03:38
I've no idea what you're on about.

FarangRuMak
November 6th, 2017, 15:02
This is a short video of the first snow of winter on Ireland's highest mountain - I know it's not the Alps, but it's the best we have.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/watch-irelands-highest-peak-gets-its-first-snow-of-the-season-36291209.html
Mystical and also very similar to the Mar’s Rover Stills.
Check them out.
Thanks.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 15:39
FRM I assumeyou're talking about NASA's Mar's Rover, and those photos would be on NASA's site? I'll check them out, thanks.

bobsaigon2
November 6th, 2017, 16:23
I love those first snowfall shots. When I still bothered to have bucket dreams, one of the dreams was being in a New England state for the start of winter, but not for full winter. My sister in Maine needs to strap on her snow shoes to walk to the nearby barn to access the snow blower.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 17:15
I lived in northern British Columbia for over a year. The winter was incredible - a whole different world. I often wonder how I would have turned out if I'd been able to stay, but that's a whole other story.

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 05:06
I love those first snowfall shots. When I still bothered to have bucket dreams, one of the dreams was being in a New England state for the start of winter, but not for full winter. My sister in Maine needs to strap on her snow shoes to walk to the nearby barn to access the snow blower.
If her snow shoes are in the barn in the first place she’s in trouble.
Like with me-when I loose my glasses, putting them on is my only hope of finding them.

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 06:12
Just listening to Carol King sing "Will you still love me tomorrow"

Anyway, back to snow. There are things that jump out at me, so different from my own experience, and bob - you're sister's snowshoes are a prime example. I assume its part of her daily life, but for those of us who live in cities, it's so exotic. I know for me, living through a winter in northern BC was a great experience.

I hope Smiles and Matt might contribute.

FarangRuMak
November 7th, 2017, 10:10
If her snow shoes are in the barn in the first place she’s in trouble.
Like with me-when I loose my glasses, putting them on is my only hope of finding them.
Sorry LOSE my glasses not loose.