PDA

View Full Version : Laundry service

aot871
November 5th, 2017, 07:38
Im staying at the east suites for my next trip over the new year period. There is no on site laundry service so does any one know of a service in jomtiem complex or near by

Mickp
November 5th, 2017, 09:39
Yes dear I posted a pic a few weeks ago to this very same question of a laundry shop in the Complex.

It's at the end of the Complex just up from Diccks Cafe open monday to Saturday but has a self service machines too...they also rent out motorbikes ...

aot871
November 5th, 2017, 16:40
I Cant find the pic , can u send a link, cheers

scottish-guy
November 5th, 2017, 16:48
No he can't - he's been banned again

:D

Manforallseasons
November 5th, 2017, 20:35
Moses found his balls?

arsenal
November 5th, 2017, 21:02
Difficult concept for the thickies so please pay attention. Checks and balances are in place that allow decisions to be made in a reasoned and debated way that protects all members from the caprice of any one moderator or administrator. So stop waving your willy MFAS and give us a full on review of the meatloaf. Herbs, spices, the gravy served etc.

cdnmatt
November 5th, 2017, 21:45
But it's a 4 man team. Or do you three mods turn into a 3 man team that requires a 2-3 vote to ban someone?

I'm still scratching my head that if Christian and a447 are now mods, why am I still unbanned?

arsenal
November 5th, 2017, 21:51
Heads are being scratched across the entire world at this.

joe552
November 5th, 2017, 21:53
Maybe it's fleas? Though I'm clear, it has to be said.

bobsaigon2
November 5th, 2017, 22:29
I was feeling somewhat itchy as well but I reckon I had just been outdoors too much during this typhoon season in Vietnam.

Why does Matt think he would be banned? He does not hurl personal abuse so what reason is there to ban him? In fact, the KK Tales in which his creator has given him the leading role are always met with interest and at least subdued applause (or mind boggling disbelief), even if not with a deafening ovation. The next chapter is being eagerly anticipated.

Now getting back to topic, I wonder if that laundry the OP asked about would also do a bit of mending. Seems that someone (elsewhere) feels that SGT is coming apart at the seams.

On the contrary, my feeling is that at the moment we are in good shape. The most egregious posters are on leave so there should not be any remaining source of serious contention, and the moderators, whether or not they have succeeded in winning hearts and minds, can now relax and leave us to bask in our innate congeniality. (OK, I get carried away sometimes.)

joe552
November 5th, 2017, 22:41
Ever the optimist, bob.

arsenal
November 5th, 2017, 22:42
Bob wrote.
"The most egregious posters are on leave so there should not be any remaining source of serious contention."
Hear hear. Well apart from, you know..............................the usual.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 01:44
At this rate the poor OP will be going home with a suitcase full of dirty laundry.

I don't know Jomtien so can't be of any help.

bobsaigon2
November 6th, 2017, 09:36
Sorry OP, hope you've found a laundry by now. Going back a couple of years, my memory is also of the place that Mickp mentioned: "It's at the end of the Complex just up from Dicks Cafe open monday to Saturday but has a self service machines too...they also rent out motorbikes ... "

If you can find Dick's Cafe, just keep walking into the soi, the laundry would be on your left.

Also, somewhere in one of the fairly recent threads, there was a (somewhat nasty) exchange about a laundry, possibly opposite the Poseidon, possibly an upstairs location.

scottish-guy
November 6th, 2017, 15:16
Paper underwear is always an option.

Cowboy friend of mine tried it once.

Got arrested for rustling

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 15:27
If I had the cash to open a laundry, I'd clean up

scottish-guy
November 6th, 2017, 15:56
Joe that really is a wishy-washy joke

:D

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 16:04
Aye, and I'd say you've know a few cowboys in your time, with or without paper panties

scottish-guy
November 6th, 2017, 16:57
The gay outlaw who rode into town and shot up the Sheriff .....

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 20:37
Now that Flanagan and Allen have finished does anyone actually know of a laundry near East Suites?

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 20:42
Is there not a reception desk at the East Suites where a guest might ask such a question? Failing that, could one ask one of the waiters at a local hostelry or restaurant? Or heaven forfend, a short walk around the area?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggk8g_p-Thg

just for you, arsenal

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 20:48
All good ideas Joe. And if you check the OP you'll notice it's not for me. And anyway, we've had to put up with billions of pixels about a single meal with some guy you can barely remember so you can hardly get shirty if someone asks about laundry. And I wasn't even trying with that one.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 21:46
Shirty! I have to give you that one, arsenal. My point was that on page 2 of the thread, bobsaigon gave directions to a laundry. My own experience suggests that a short walk around any area will lead you to a laundry. Unlike restaurants, laundries do one thing - either well or badly. I think the restaurant threads uncovered a number of restaurants members may never have heard of, and might want to try. I don't apologise for my posts on that topic.

Btw, any chance you'll be in Pattaya middle 2 weeks of January? Love to buy you a beer.

arsenal
November 6th, 2017, 22:30
I agree about the restaurants but this is SGT and no opportunity to hurl a saucepan full of Irish stew, cawl or stovies should be passed up. And I'm sorry but the legendary Arsenal does not do personal appearances. However Scottish will walk over burning hot coals in a kilt for a free drink, Francois can be found sniffing at a bottle of red and complaining that it smells of a pissoir and MFAS is usually to be found slumped over his pint of gin telling everyone passing that he "coulda bin a contender." Thanks for the invite though.

joe552
November 6th, 2017, 22:54
And don't forget the Thairish stew, the recipe for which will be on gaybutton imminently, thanks to FRM ( sorry, FarangRuMak, but every time I type those initials, I want to type FGM, which is of course something entirely different).

MiniMee
November 7th, 2017, 00:10
Btw, any chance youll be in Pattaya middle 2 weeks of January? Love to buy you a beer.

Im sorry but the legendary Arsenal does not do personal appearances. However Scottish will walk over burning hot coals in a kilt for a free drink.

Although its quite unlikely he would walk as far as Pattaya.

joe552
November 7th, 2017, 00:21
MiniMee, a serious question: what is your obsession with scottish-guy about? As far as I can see, the only time you post anything here is in relation to him. What happened? Unrequited love? A broken heart?

Quite frankly, your obsession with him borders on the psychotic. And I mean that in a gentle, caring kind of way.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 05:03
I bet he sticks pins up my effigy

Oh no missus, don't....

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 06:58
They have a strange relationship Joe. Minimee is obsessed with Scottish and his whereabouts. Scottish on the other hand likes to post on every subject and every thread without actually saying anything about gay Thailand or indeed Thailand at all. Puns and quips and obscure references and general rudeness but absolutely zilch about the subject of this board. Cue big gobby reply about freedom to post on anything yadda yadda yadda.

a447
November 7th, 2017, 14:03
......your obsession with him borders on the psychotic.

One member being obsessed with another is not unusual on forums and in chat rooms.

And 'psychotic" sums them up perfectly.

These are probably the creepy guys who stalk others in real life.

Manforallseasons
November 7th, 2017, 14:15
Scottish does have an obsession with this board it seems to play an unhealthy part of his every day life.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 14:56
... 'psychotic" sums them up perfectly...These are probably the creepy guys who stalk others in real life.

I expect nothing other than snide remarks from Head Judge Len - that after all the trademark of your typical elderly gay desperado - but I am surprised and dismayed to see a447 apparently joining in.

At least Tin Badge #3 - Christian - for all his little eccentricities retains some integrity

It has really come to something when Moderators are allowed to personally attack the Members, call them "obsessed" and "psychotic" and dictate which subjects are to be posted about and commented on - and it just shows what a good job Surfcrest did.

You'd think that after observing me on this board for many many years, people would realise that that sort of stuff only encourages me to take the piss out of them even more.

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 15:12
I wrote. (about Scotty)
"Cue big gobby reply..."

See the post above.

francois
November 7th, 2017, 15:17
Francois can be found sniffing at a bottle of red and complaining that it smells of a pissoir .

How cruel, although most of the wine here does smell like a pissoir.
Having said that I shall be in Jomtien Complex on wednesday and will try to remember to see if that laundry is still there and report my findings.

arsenal
November 7th, 2017, 15:23
Oh fucking hell. Francois is going to post about something in Thailand on this Gay Thailand forum. Gorbals Jock will not like that. Cue more indignant gobbiness.

On behalf of the OP, cheers Francois.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 15:31
I wrote. (about Scotty)
"Cue big gobby reply..."

See the post above.

If you don't like it, don't invite it.

Quite simple really

a447
November 7th, 2017, 15:49
am[/B] surprised and dismayed to see a447 apparently joining in.

SG, I think you have misunderstood what I was saying.

My comment was purposely not directed at anyone in particular - I was simply making the point that some members stalk others. It's not uncommon on the internet.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2017, 16:30
Fair enough and glad we have cleared that up

:drink:

francois
November 9th, 2017, 09:43
Good news for the OP, aot871, the laundry in Jomtien is open for business! This laundry, along with a motorbike rental shop, is located in Jomtien Complex on the same soi as Dick's Cafe just further along the soi on left hand side.
Very easy to find and next to a message shop with some cute boyz. I had a brief chat with the Thai woman who owns the laundry and motorbike rental who speaks good English. :)

arsenal
November 9th, 2017, 10:02
Thanks Francois. Do they clean kilts in case no one in particular finds himself there?

aot871
November 9th, 2017, 16:03
Good news for the OP, aot871, the laundry in Jomtien is open for business! This laundry, along with a motorbike rental shop, is located in Jomtien Complex on the same soi as Dick's Cafe just further along the soi on left hand side.
Very easy to find and next to a message shop with some cute boyz. I had a brief chat with the Thai woman who owns the laundry and motorbike rental who speaks good English. :)

thanks for help,,, francois

francois
November 9th, 2017, 16:10
You are most welcome, aot871.