PDA

View Full Version : Halloween @ Nice Boys

Manforallseasons
October 31st, 2017, 23:46
Great night.... all boys were wearing their Full Monty outfits....not a sissyboy in the house!

Moses
October 31st, 2017, 23:47
so, where are photos? :)

FarangRuMak
November 1st, 2017, 03:41
Post the boys in their full monty outfits will make Halloween in Nice Boys unique for sure...ie it will probably the last night at Nice Boys.

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 04:59
How do bar owners explain the concept of Halloween to their staff? It's such a Western festival, isn't it?

colmx
November 1st, 2017, 05:47
How do bar owners explain the concept of Halloween to their staff? It's such a Western festival, isn't it?

Halloween is bigger in Pattaya than it is in Ireland... (We invented it - for you non Irish!)
Only thing that's missing is scumbags robbing cars and using them as accelerant for bonfires!

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 07:02
I don't know what part of Dublin you live in, colmx, but around here they don't put the cars on bonfires, they put in bogus insurance claims. They're smart like that. There were a lot of loud fireworks earlier, but all is quiet now.

colmx
November 1st, 2017, 07:09
I don't know what part of Dublin you live in, colmx.

Technically I live on Sherriff st!!!
But of course it didn't call it that in the Celtic Tiger Brochures!

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 07:17
Ooh, you have my sympathy. I live on Kevin Street. I'm a Southsider, dear. Now I understand your reference to burning cars. What do you mean there hasn't been a murder there tonight? It's early yet.

Manforallseasons
November 1st, 2017, 14:13
There is nothing to explain....they don't care what is the meaning only a time to dressup....Xmas is a big deal here....do you think they care about the 3 wise men?

bobsaigon2
November 1st, 2017, 14:24
Ooh, you have my sympathy. I live on Kevin Street. I'm a Southsider, dear. Now I understand your reference to burning cars. What do you mean there hasn't been a murder there tonight? It's early yet.

This is about Sherriff Street. Interesting. I think. Could not understand more than a word or two of what the children said.

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/0107/758326-sheriff-street-revisited/

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 15:01
That was a great report, bob. Sadly I fear nothing has changed in that area.

a447
November 1st, 2017, 15:10
Could not understand more than a word or two of what the children said.

If it's any consolation, Bob, I couldn't either!

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 15:17
It' a Dublin accent, not 16th century Latin. Anyway, what they said is that they wished they had the opportunity to become money boys in Pattaya, but don't have that choice. And you feel sorry for the Cambodians?

colmx
November 1st, 2017, 15:43
That was a great report, bob. Sadly I fear nothing has changed in that area.

Thankfully as MickP writes elsewhere, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth... And 140 KM from here... So sound nothing Iike those guys!

The blocks of flats are gone, and the 27 acre site is now the Irish Financial services centre with Citi, JPMorgan, PWC, Irish central bank etc... So the area has become completely gentrified...

Except for that pocket around lower sheriff at and Seville place, which is still an unemployment and crime hotspot...

bobsaigon2
November 1st, 2017, 15:55
It' a Dublin accent, not 16th century Latin. Anyway, what they said is that they wished they had the opportunity to become money boys in Pattaya, but don't have that choice. And you feel sorry for the Cambodians?

Oh, so it was Pattaya they were on about. I misheard. Thought they were saying Patrickswell or Pettigo or some other small town in Ireland. Now I understand. Some of them could make a fortune working in LOS.

colmx
November 1st, 2017, 16:07
Incidentally when I first moved to the "north side" my visiting thai BF was very excited to have found a nice "village" when we was out exploring the area

It turns out that the village he found was the dangerous lower sheriff cul de sac

It's funny how perceptions differ. I see it as a scary ghetto, he saw it as having a warm village like atmosphere!

He has been warned off going back and was probably lucky to get home unscathed!

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 16:34
Certainly, colmx, not an area I'd hang out in. Am I allowed to say the first young fella in the white Aran sweater was absolutely gorgeous.

Smiles
November 1st, 2017, 16:45
"Lower Sheriff"?
From your posts I gather it to be something rude, rough, low-life?
Never in my life as a noted Professor of Colloquialisms have I stumbled over that one. Beaut ... how would I use this in a post to really screw up Christian?

And for Joe: (" ...the first young fella in the white Aran sweater was absolutely gorgeous...") You sure you didn't mean "Aryan" sweater?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTU0nkpMMw0

joe552
November 1st, 2017, 17:54
Was he cute or not? Of course, the chances are he's in prison now.

On a side note about the Aran geansai, each family on the Aran Islands had their own individual design, so the fishermen would be quickly identified after a tragedy at sea.

arsenal
November 1st, 2017, 22:30
The thread went from chat about the nice boys of Nice Boys running about in skimpy costumes to Colmx and Joe talking about the crime rate in the backstreets of Dublin. Joe and Colmx,,,,a curse on both your houses.

Manforallseasons
November 1st, 2017, 22:47
The thread went from chat about the nice boys of Nice Boys running about in skimpy costumes

Lol, that is being kind!

joe552
November 2nd, 2017, 01:07
arsenal, I like the way threads meander away from the original topic. In this case, it's obvious few people were at Nice Boys for the Halloween party, so there's little to say.

colmx
November 2nd, 2017, 03:09
"Lower Sheriff"?
From your posts I gather it to be something rude, rough, low-life?

Sorry my autocorrect removed a word, it should have been: Lower Sheriff STREET cul-de-sac

And yes, traditionally people from Lower Sheriff St. would be considered to be quite rough with high levels of crime, unemployment and heroin addicts in the area.

Nowadays the area is considered to be quite gentrified... except the no-go cul-de-sac!

Mickp
November 2nd, 2017, 03:40
Colonmax Lives in a low class bogan area because he likes to live like a two week millionaire when he's clearly not
Has to live in Sherriff st probaly in Govt housing !!!!:clapping:

I mean its no shock he doesnt own his own home despite Dublin being another Detroit a few years ago ..had every fucking irishmen from ireland knocking on my door ... "would you like your roof fixed? Would u like your driveway tarred ?

Colonmax has thrown his money way partying and living like a two week millionaire and now lives in Sherrif street there u go who would of thought ...

To think my Dad was irish ...no wonder he was fucking stupid most times lucky I had a Jewish Mother who could Do the thinking for him.

As Paddy says ... to be sure to be sure

colmx
November 2nd, 2017, 04:17
Colonmax has thrown his money way partying and living like a two week millionaire and now lives in Sherrif street there u go who would of thought ...

Sorry to disappoint, but some of us were born with silver spoons in our mouths and live like millionaires every week of the year, wherever we may be.
And no, I don't live in government housing, I live in an exclusive development in one of Dublin's most sought after districts...
(try googling "gentrification" it may help your understanding!)

Mickp
November 2nd, 2017, 04:43
Still paying off your mortgage you poor thing ., instead of going to Thailand i suggest you pay the cunt off quicker instead of throwing it away on boys half your age
Mind you a 21sqm studio shouldnt be much !!! :D

I suppose its good to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth with a rich Daddy , just shows why you turned out to be a poof

At least i worked hard for my apartments and used my own brains
I worked all the overtime i could get ... and still do
I worked a second job driving taxis ...picking up irish pissheads

And im proud i have amassed a few million dollars all through my own hard work unlike you who has never done a days work in his life !!!

My father being a stupid irishmen was too busy pissing up his wages drinking fighting every week to get anywhere in life so not wanting to be like him I done the exact opposite unlike you rich boy

On a positive note the value of that unit should rise over the years if that area is changing

Mickp
November 2nd, 2017, 04:51
Sorry to disappoint, but some of us were born with silver spoons in our mouths and live like millionaires every week of the year, wherever we may be.
And no, I don't live in government housing, I live in an exclusive development in one of Dublin's most sought after districts...
(try googling "gentrification" it may help your understanding!)

I would rather be looking at the Sydney Harbour Bridge !!!

joe552
November 2nd, 2017, 05:00
Mickp, I really don't understand your anger. First it was me, not it's colmx, one of the few genuine posters on here. So you're sitting on the balcony of you lovely apartment, having your bacon and eggs - and still you're a miserable old fucker who never has a good word to say about anyone here.

gerefan2
November 2nd, 2017, 05:53
Joe...obviously he has hit the bottle early this morning!

joe552
November 2nd, 2017, 05:56
you don't mean he eats t his bacon and eggs with a stubbie? How Australian.