PDA

View Full Version : The Catalonians stand up for freedom.

arsenal
October 30th, 2017, 15:23
I am sure all genuine supporters of the democratic process and rule of law, from any and all political persuasions, join me in supporting the people of Catalonia who have made clear their feelings towards UDI. A triumph for all the peoples of Europe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41794087

latintopxxx
October 30th, 2017, 15:36
catalans.....what arrogant fucks...a pox on them...

a447
October 30th, 2017, 15:40
..a pox on them...

Some may already have experienced that!

joe552
October 30th, 2017, 18:09
Wile I agree with the concept of self-determination, from what I read less than half of the population took part in the vote. So I'm not convinced of its legitimacy.

arsenal
October 30th, 2017, 18:13
If Scotty, your compardre in the Joey. Scotty and Poxxy boys club had his way you would see Europe divided up into a zillion principalities like it was 500 years ago.

joe552
October 30th, 2017, 20:47
Sorry arsenal, was it not you celebrating the vote by some Catalonians to separate from Spain.

scottish-guy
October 30th, 2017, 20:59
Wile I agree with the concept of self-determination, from what I read less than half of the population took part in the vote. So I'm not convinced of its legitimacy.

You've fallen for a concerted media lie - the 43% represents votes COUNTED as a proportion of the electorate

Don't forget ballot boxes were removed from polling stations by the National Police - you saw it on TV - but the marked registers were not, hence the number of stolen ballots can be accurately measured and it's 700,000

The proportion of the electorate which VOTED was in fact 57%, the proportion of votes COUNTED was 43%

arsenal
October 30th, 2017, 21:48
No Joe. It was not.

scottish-guy
October 31st, 2017, 00:02
Arsenals mantra is:

British Self Determination: Wonderful and to be applauded
Anybody Else's: Outrageous and to be crushed

joe552
October 31st, 2017, 01:41
arsenal, was it not you who started this thread with a positive view of Catalan independence?

Scottish-guy, thanks for that information.

arsenal
October 31st, 2017, 07:34
Read the link before you post Joe and try not to be bamboozled by those who are almost semi-pros at twisting statistics and numerical data to suit their own ends.

joe552
October 31st, 2017, 11:27
An apology, arsenal, I've re-read that article. Sorry for my incorrect assumptions.

arsenal
October 31st, 2017, 11:55
No need to 'flee' if you've done nothing wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/30/spanish-prosecutor-calls-for-rebellion-charges-against-catalan-leaders

FarangRuMak
November 4th, 2017, 13:46
It terms of transparency and fairness I think that the referendum was not legitimate whatever the result.
To be such it would have to live up to the standards of the Scottish referendum.
The referendum in Scotland had the full authority of both the Regional Parliament and the Central Parliament in London.
Everone who wanted to vote did so and the voting was conducted in a calm and disciplined manner.
Nobody can question the result.
But the Catalan result can be questioned on may grounds and not all of them are the fault if the Catalans.
I think things will settle down and maybe some day everyone in Iberia might work together to arrange a proper referendum.

joe552
November 4th, 2017, 16:09
It's hard to see how things will settle down while the Spanish courts are jailing the independence leaders.

scottish-guy
November 4th, 2017, 20:32
It's hard to see how things will settle down while the Spanish courts are jailing the independence leaders.

FarangRuMak
November 4th, 2017, 21:08
hmmmmm...shades of the Generalissimo.

scottish-guy
November 4th, 2017, 21:27
Franco was the only fascist dictator who survived WW2 - and fascism itself is alive and well in Spain today

arsenal
November 4th, 2017, 23:16
Scottish. Please don't post pictures of extreme right wing political activity on this board.

joe552
November 4th, 2017, 23:19
There is a (rather long) article in the Guardian by the Irish writer, Colm Toibin - asking why can't Catalonia become an independent state within the EU. He seems to have a lot of experience and knowledge of the region.

scottish-guy
November 5th, 2017, 00:02
Scottish. Please don't post pictures of extreme right wing political activity on this board.

Point me to the rule saying so - or are you just making those up as you go along as well as everything else?

Not to mention that the "extreme right wing political activity" i.e the Spanish pro-union demonstration - was images related to a link which YOU posted and repeatedly referred to.

You're a total joke Len

SMH

latintopxxx
November 5th, 2017, 03:08
..out of all the spanish " provinces" the Catalans are absolutely the most arrogant...must be the french influence...they need a good beating every generation or so to keep them in line

arsenal
November 5th, 2017, 07:20
According to Gorbals Jock anywhere can declare UDI at anytime they choose. He is supported in this viewpoint by Joe. Members are invited to draw their own conclusions as to the merit of this coalition.