PDA

View Full Version : Testing "apostrophes", please help

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 12:46
for testing purposes please post here some messages with apostrophes, sign of British pound and other signs what disrupting posting...

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 13:03
As a result of the BREXIT debacle, the value of the

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 13:06
As a result of the BREXIT debacle, the value of the POUND SIGN has fallen substantially against the Thai Baht and most other currencies. The number of POUND SIGN we now have to spend to rent Asian cock has increased. This is bad news for those of us from UK and of no benefit to the Thai guy’s wallet. If the boy’s appendage is particularly large and he has a ripped body and cute face, then the guy’s aspirations for a tip may be larger than usual in which case more Baht or

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 13:08
As a result of the BREXIT debacle, the value of the POUND SIGN has fallen substantially against the Thai Baht and most other currencies. The number of POUND SIGN we now have to spend to rent Asian cock has increased. This is bad news for those of us from UK and of no benefit to the Thai guy’s wallet. If the boy’s appendage is particularly large and he has a ripped body and cute face, then the guy’s aspirations for a tip may be larger than usual in which case more Baht or POUND SIGN or $ or € or

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 13:09
Andaman! are you posting from iPhone?

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 13:10
As a result of the BREXIT debacle, the value of the POUND SIGN has fallen substantially against the Thai Baht and most other currencies. The number of POUND SIGN we now have to spend to rent Asian cock has increased. This is bad news for those of us from UK and of no benefit to the Thai guy’s wallet. If the boy’s appendage is particularly large and he has a ripped body and cute face, then the guy’s aspirations for a tip may be larger than usual in which case more Baht or POUND SIGN or $ or € or YEN SIGN may be required.

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 13:12
Moses - I am posting using an iPAD. Looks like the POUND SIGN and YEN sign disrupt the post. ‘,€ and $ all seem OK

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 13:19
one more question: few weeks ago was update of iOS, does your iPad working with updated (latest) iOS, or you skip update?

bobsaigon2
October 27th, 2017, 13:19
Let's see if it's OK now.

Yes, this was accepted.

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 13:22
Moses - my iPAD has the latest iOS update installed

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 13:23
bobsaigon2, could you please start to write post here, write some words with apostrophe, leave it not posted, wait 5 min and only then click button "post reply"?

bobsaigon2
October 27th, 2017, 13:24
Will do.

neddy3
October 27th, 2017, 13:25
If Moses' problems continue, who's to fix them?

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 13:28
neddy3, tell me please: what device you are using for to post here? phone/tablet/computer? windows/iOS/Android?

bobsaigon2
October 27th, 2017, 13:33
It's a test to see what apostrophes will do or won't do or shouldn't do. After writing this, I've waited five minutes before posting it. I'm using a desktop.

joe552
October 27th, 2017, 13:36
"Testing apostrophes sounds like you ask them some very hard questions, in return for 'lots' of British - pound sign didn't work!

cdnmatt
October 27th, 2017, 13:39
This is a stupid problem to be having.

Moses, assuming this is a server issue, and not a user issue, then you must be doing something wrong. You can't tell me the vBullitien team has screwed up this badly.

As I've stated before, give me root access to the server, and I'll resolve the issue.

I heard the

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 13:42
You can't tell me the vBullitien team has screwed up this badly.

you should visit vBulletin support forum and make search for that... you will see...

problem been resolved for version 5 of vBulletine, but they don't hurry up to resolve it in version 4: low sales of v4... it exists from middle of 2016 in bug-reports and still isn't resolved

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/4350179-posting-certain-characters-causes-forum-posts-to-be-cut-off

Tintin
October 27th, 2017, 13:46
Le fran

Tintin
October 27th, 2017, 13:47
So french accents don't work...

MacBook, latest software.

joe552
October 27th, 2017, 14:36
the go-go boy's absence is a "cause of real concern" resulting in a shortage of British

when writing this post the pound and dollar signs appear, but not there when I click post/send

Jellybean
October 27th, 2017, 15:07
A GBP sign, speech quotes and an apostrophe were used in the composing of this post on a Lenova Yoga 700 laptop using Mozilla Firefox.

Moses said,

colmx
October 27th, 2017, 15:08
I have been caught a few times when my autocorrect changes cafe royale to Caf

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2017, 15:09
If only the

colmx
October 27th, 2017, 15:09
I have been caught a few times when my autocorrect changes cafe royale to Caf

Moses: FYI, The French accent version of cafe is still causing the truncation

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2017, 15:10
Above email stopped at the (pound sign) sent from iMac running sierra, allowed 10 minute delay from writing before sending via quick reply

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2017, 15:12
"truncation" good word, I'll use that in next test

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2017, 15:14
Whoah, unwittingly posted asterisk that came through. Wrote and sent straight away, same system, let's try a .....

Jellybean
October 27th, 2017, 15:15
As can be seen from the full message below, minus the GBP sign, speech quotes and an apostrophe, my message failed at the first hurdle, the speech quotes.

A GBP sign, speech quotes and an apostrophe were used in the composing of this post on a Lenova Yoga 700 laptop using Mozilla Firefox.

Moses said, [open speech quotes] - for testing purposes please post here some messages with apostrophes, sign of British pound and other signs what disrupting posting... [close speech quotes]

I [apostrophe]m therefore sending this test post at the request of Moses.

A bill for [GBP]1.00 will follow. Lol!

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2017, 15:16
The Ellipsis came through but not the following pound sign.

Thats enough fun for today, back to work.

Good luck!

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 15:24
Ok, thank you everyone. Right now hired programmer trying to catch these glitches and to find solution against em.

Smiles
October 27th, 2017, 15:29
What has this got to do with You-Know-What? Don't understand what you guys are babbling about.
Apostrophes??? WTF?

"The Bitch of Hua Hin"

cdnmatt
October 27th, 2017, 17:39
Ok, thank you everyone. Right now hired programmer trying to catch these glitches and to find solution against em.

Come on, it can't be that difficult. It's quite obviously a bug in the DB library / ORM to protect against SQL injection attacks.

vBulletien taking over a year to come up with a fix is beyond ridiculous. Do you have any idea what would happen if I told my clients it's going to be a one year wait for me to come up with a fix like this? I'm pretty confident that in no time I'd besleeping on the street corner with the cockroaches.

Again, if you're unable to take care of it, and are unable to find developers to take care of it, then just via me root access via SSH, and I'll take care of it myself. It can't possibly be that difficult. Again, looks at the part of the code that checks against SQL injection, and I'm sure you will find your problem.

neddy3
October 27th, 2017, 19:10
If Moses' problems continue, who's to fix them?

I-pad

FarangRuMak
October 27th, 2017, 19:29
What has this got to do with You-Know-What? Don't understand what you guys are babbling about.
Apostrophes??? WTF?

"The Bitch of Hua Hin"

Just to calm you down you Bitch of Hua Hin I saw this today on a sign outside a house.
ROOM FOR RENT
CLEAN - QUITE SAFE
The difference one spelling mistake and one apostrophy shy make.

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 19:45
Come on, it can't be that difficult. It's quite obviously a bug in the DB library / ORM to protect against SQL injection attacks.

vBulletien taking over a year to come up with a fix is beyond ridiculous. Do you have any idea what would happen if I told my clients it's going to be a one year wait for me to come up with a fix like this? I'm pretty confident that in no time I'd besleeping on the street corner with the cockroaches.

Again, if you're unable to take care of it, and are unable to find developers to take care of it, then just via me root access via SSH, and I'll take care of it myself. It can't possibly be that difficult. Again, looks at the part of the code that checks against SQL injection, and I'm sure you will find your problem.

yeah... root access to person whom I don't know... do I look so naive?

joe552
October 27th, 2017, 19:50
Sorry FRM, I couldn't see any mistakes there. Care to point them out?

cdnmatt
October 27th, 2017, 20:39
yeah... root access to person whom I don't know... do I look so naive?

Obviously, I don't actually think you're going to provide me with root access to the SGT server. Actually, I did have root for a while there, while the board was under Surfcrest's control.

Nonetheless, don't tell me this is a difficult problem to resolve. That's just stupid. You could contract this problem out to a $5/hour guy in India, and we would have it solved in an hour.

Don't be stupid.

Again, what do you think would happen if I tried pawning off these bullshit excuses on my own clients? I'd be immediately fired, and out of work, and rightfully so. Don't sit here and say this is a really complex technical issue that takes time to resolve, because we both know that's simply not true.

Moses
October 27th, 2017, 22:55
Again, what do you think would happen if I tried pawning off these bullshit excuses on my own clients? I'd be immediately fired, and out of work, and rightfully so.

I want unpolite answer to you "could you please just shoot up?", but I will answer polite: dear, I'm proud about you.

cdnmatt
October 28th, 2017, 00:37
Ok, fine, up to you. This is a really complex technical issue that's out of your control, your hands are tied, and you're stuck waiting over a year for the devel team over at Infopop to come up with a solution.

Okie dokie. Got it.

You've previously confirmed to me the database tables are a UTF-8 charset, correct? So that can't be it. That means it's more than likely the DB layer of the software, so just take a look at the function(s) that protect against SQL injection attacks, and you will more than likely see your problem in there. This forum is PHP based, meaning you have the full plain text codebase sitting on your server, and PHP is an easy language.

Up to you. Don't sit here and say the problem is out of your control, and you're stuck waiting for over one year for the devel team at Infopop to release a patch. That's stupid. Again, if I tried something like that, I'd be homeless right now.

Offer is on the table for you though, if you want it. PM me, I'll give you my actual e-mail address, you can e-mail me the DB library file(s), and I'll take care of it. Christ, I'm blind, and I'll have this fixed in 30 mins.

Smiles
October 28th, 2017, 01:18
Christ, I'm blind, and I'll have this fixed in 30 mins.
You poor self-indulgent Canadian prick. Why not just leave this board of know-nothings and become a member of a message board wherein they might think of yourself as some sort of intense I-Know-Everything guru who is laying around waiting for some kind of exoneration because you're apparently blind.
You won't get that here ... guaranteed.
Next stop ... Lao. Presenting to those dudes? Should last a few weeks. Then ,,. onto Niger or environs. There must be a culture on this earth wherein you might be thought-of as a genius de jour.
Thailand is chock-a-block full of know-it-all obnoxious drunkards. Not sure whether you drink heavily, but you certainly sound like it.

cdnmatt
October 28th, 2017, 01:30
What the hell are you talking about about Smiles? Yes, of course I drink too much for my own good. Just go look out into the world, and you'll see why. Have you seen the guy who;'s in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal lately? Holy shit....

The membership is obviously having a problem with posting with multibyte characters, and Moses is just throwing his hands up in the air saying nothing can be done. If he wants my help, I'll take care of it myself. I use this board more than enough to warrant a little volunteer work.

cdnmatt
October 28th, 2017, 01:39
On a separate note, this is a prime example of why I choose to live in SE Asia over places like Canada. What's with the constant cynical attitude from you guys? Quit it, it doesn't help.

You do realize that our entire species is on the verge of extinction, right? You don't have to believe me, you only need to turn on the Weather Channel, and you'll see for yourself. Quit being so cynical, because we're really going to need to pull together in the coming decades.

bobsaigon2
October 28th, 2017, 09:01
Apparently there are at least two SE Asias. There is the one where Matt lives and the one where I live. In my SE Asia, bribery and monumental corruption are rampant, crimes against the environment and the well being of the population are pervasive, and governments respond aggressively to any type of criticism or attempts to initiate change.

There are student groups and groups of soi residents and community groups that do pull together to help one another, but this does little to change the totality of the life experience in SE Asia.

Regrettably, outside of a certain village in Issan, the rest of SE Asia may attract immigrants looking for work, but not any other type of immigrant. SE Asians who are looking for an overall better quality of life will attempt to migrate to places far down on the list of good societies as devised by Matt. Places like Canada and the US.

FarangRuMak
October 28th, 2017, 17:48
sorry frm, i couldn't see any mistakes there. Care to point them out?

room for rent
clean, quiet, safe.

Brad the Impala
October 31st, 2017, 01:58
What is the status of this request for testing. Are we still at it, or has it been resolved.

Ok I'll do my own test, however I won't be looking for

Brad the Impala
October 31st, 2017, 02:00
Above posted via quick reply after 10 minute delay. Apostrophe ok, but currency not

Moses
October 31st, 2017, 03:21
It was testing for errors log. Log is written and been send to programmer. I expect him back with news in 1-2 days.

joe552
October 31st, 2017, 15:56
room for rent
clean, quiet, safe.

Still being stupid here FRM. What's the problem with that?

christianpfc
October 31st, 2017, 16:55
"clean, quiet, safe" means the room is clean and quiet and safe.

switching e and t and removing comma gives

"clean, quite safe" means the room is clean and quite safe, i.e. not "safe" but "quite safe".

See here as well:

An English professor wrote on the board: A woman without her man is nothing.
The class was then asked to punctuate the sentence.
The men wrote: "A woman, without her man, is nothing."
The women wrote: "A woman: without her, man is nothing."

joe552
October 31st, 2017, 18:40
Could we say the room is quite quiet? Can't believe I'm taking English lessons from a German (no offence, christian)

I still don't understand why FRM posted this in the first place.

FarangRuMak
November 3rd, 2017, 06:58
Now the Log Out function does not work in my ipad. On my iphone no problem.
I like the forum but that I want to be logged in 24/7 is not true.
I think its more trouble than its worth.

Moses
November 3rd, 2017, 10:46
Now the Log Out function does not work in my ipad. On my iphone no problem.
I like the forum but that I want to be logged in 24/7 is not true.
I think its more trouble than its worth.

Check your iPad. There were no changes in software on forum for past 2 months.

FarangRuMak
November 3rd, 2017, 15:53
Im not so sure its my ipad.
I can log in and out of every thing else except this forum-I’m locked on to it and it wont log out.
Also its only on this forum that my numbers key etc looses my posting items.

Moses
November 3rd, 2017, 16:08
Im not so sure its my ipad.
I can log in and out of every thing else except this forum-I’m locked on to it and it wont log out.
Also its only on this forum that my numbers key etc looses my posting items.

try to clear browser's cache and cookies
http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/apple/apple-ipad-mini/apple-ipad-mini-updates-synchronising-and-backing-up/ipad-mini---clear-cookies-cache-and-internet-history