PDA

View Full Version : A miracle or the norm? 10 years visiting Thailand without contracting an STI

newalaan2
October 25th, 2017, 05:50
Looking back at the diaries and notes from previous trips, in this case the first 10 years I visited, this was one of the things which struck me on reflection. I'll add "without contracting an STI I am aware of" to cover all likely responses. This first 10 years equated to 35+ trips and I limited the title to that as for last 8+ years have been hitched to bf with only the occasional mutually agreed massage happy endings. These early years were multiple-partner per visit years, and as they were 90% with working boys in the trade/scene the chances for an STI were increased dramatically somewhat.

Probably what did lessen the chances of picking up 'something' in the early days was that I did tend to have regulars on repeat, and also back then was much less bothered or interested as to the route of the cum rather just tended to see what the chemistry and situation threw up, so not all penetrative staff by any matter or means. But given the sheer volume of sexual partners and % chances of transmission, on reflection I deemed it a miracle.

A miracle also in light of the amount of bottom boys who INSISTED on a condom was nowhere near 100%, I had to be very strict with myself in that regard. Many simply just didn't mention or make reference to a condom, and the worry was not the sex at the time but all the other times these boys had forgot, were too drunk, were thoughtless or had some dangerous/dope of a customer who 'paid more' for, or 'insisted' on bareback. This is still the same to some extent, or only in my own few experiences where some boys still offer their services as they don't know I have bf, or don't care..."fuck me, no condom no ploblem" to try and entice as if the prize is the bareback rather than the fuck itself. I don't know if others come across this in the current climate or not. This is a subject rarely discussed as I think we just prefer to think about/enjoy only what we see as the positives of our interaction with the Thai boys.

I remember many excuses/reasons the boys gave for not insisting on condoms, one common one that I 'looked' clean and tidy, as if that in itself would protect them and I from anything unknown to us already in either system. How often did /do boys get tested? not that often, when I did ask, for many it was just down to cost, and if no symptoms.....why the need..eh?

Bf and I still get tested together at the clinic very occasionally, bf says it's a waste of time and money, probably is and so far he's been correct, but my response is...massage boys are usually naked, some STIs care not only for penetration, if bodily fluids are around things can be passed on in other ways however unlikely or very low percentages, if you just happen to be unlucky on that one particular occasion? I occasionally take a test back home when I attend 'well man' clinics for general blood checks, cholesterol, sugar level etc etc it's only a little bit blood taken at the same time or a bit of pee/swab it's not that big a deal or time consuming, but it does give some kind of comfort when all is found negative.

Just to touch on a subject not often discussed on any of the forums, yet relevant on our Thailand visits. If it helps even one person think about getting tested its worth the discussion time.

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 07:59
It's a very interesting topic, newalaan, thanks for starting the discussion. I don't engage in penetrative sex (simply personal preference) but just like to give blowjobs and kiss, so think I'm at a fairly low risk. But for those of us who do enjoy to fuck or be fucked, a regular health check should be a no brainer.

bobsaigon2
October 25th, 2017, 10:00
During my 18 years of active service to the MB community in Thailand, Laos, Philippines, the only problem I had was crabs. Twice. Treated by a doctor once and used canine flea and tick remover the other time. :)

aussie_
October 25th, 2017, 10:08
It's a very interesting topic, newalaan, thanks for starting the discussion. I don't engage in penetrative sex (simply personal preference) but just like to give blowjobs and kiss, so think I'm at a fairly low risk. But for those of us who do enjoy to fuck or be fucked, a regular health check should be a no brainer.

If you give blowjobs and swallow you are at high risk. At the clinic i visit in Australia they take a throat and anal swab plus the blood and urine test. The clinics that i have visited in Thailand and Taiwan seem to be interested in blood and urine tests only which to me means more chance of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea and more going undetected. I asked at one clinic why they don't do a throat swab and the reply was "no machine here to check the test".

I have had two Thai boyfriends over the years and never took it for granted they would be celibate while i was away. No chances ever taken there.

The happy ending massage places are a concern as i notice quite often the massuer just tidies up the sheet ready for the next customer instead of sending it to the laundry.

I stopped going to saunas after witnessing the unsafe practices happening there on a regular basis.

Some of the trip reports on the various forums mention "taking/swallowing loads of cum" at places like Goodboys in Sunnee. Good luck with that. How often would those guys delivering the load get checked? They were probably fucking their girlfriend without a condom before going to work.

An old farang in Jomtien told me recently he doesn't use condoms anymore when fucking money boys. He said at his age he doesn't care if he catches anything. What about the safety of the money boy?

The introduction of Prep seems to have given many guys unwarranted license to fuck bareback.

This is an excellent topic. I suggest regular and thorough checks whatever your sexual practices as the risk however negligible is stil there and an std such as Chlamydia can have no apparent symptoms.

Up2U
October 25th, 2017, 10:59
"The introduction of Prep seems to have given many guys unwarranted license to fuck bareback." I'm not even sure PrEP is available in Thailand and if so, what MB could afford it?

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 11:06
Forgive my ignorance but what is Prep? Also, I don't swallow - the boy will cum on my chest when he's ready.

samebb
October 25th, 2017, 11:26
PrEP is available readily in Thailand and very easy to get hold of. In fact, I know of a number of visitors here who take a few months supply home with them when visiting. I believe you can take 3 months through customs into most countries in Europe ect, but you would have to check that. It is very cheap here. Very. Prices start at 1100 Baht a month after a short consultation.

More information here:- https://www.silompulse.com/prep/
I can also recommend Pulse for any sexual health requirements while here in Bangkok. They are very good value and very professional.

As for the working boys, and even some expats who like to save some money, The Thai Red Cross on RAMA 4 offer free sexual health tests on certain days of the month. I don't know when these days are but I'm sure it's easy to find out. I use PULSE personally. Lot's of the boys in Bangkok take advantage of this free service.

As for catching things, I have been very lucky in my time in Thailand so far. Touch wood, haven't caught a thing. I get tested every 8 to 10 weeks. I think we can all agree it's important for ourselves and for our partners, moneyboy or not!

samebb
October 25th, 2017, 11:29
Forgive my ignorance but what is Prep? Also, I don't swallow - the boy will cum on my chest when he's ready.

PrEP / Truvada is a HIV preventional drug. Taken daily it's reduces your changes to contracting HIV to almost 0%.

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 13:22
Thanks, samebb

latintopxxx
October 25th, 2017, 13:24
..its fucking great...Im still getting used to it...was a bit nauseous first month or so...but the payoff is great...

a447
October 25th, 2017, 15:39
Never caught an STI in my life. But then again, I don't bareback and don't swallow. I do, however, suck cock but so far I haven't caught anything.

I have the regular "friends" here who entertain me during the week. I organise their regular tests and cover the cost.

As their cocks seem to spend an inordinate amount of time down my throat, the expense is well worth it.

Smiles
October 25th, 2017, 16:11
" ... As their cocks seem to spend an inordinate amount of time down my throat ... "
What! What! What! All of them at once?? Surely such shenanagins could only be described as being behavior unbecoming a Moderator.

The Guidelines have it named specifically as a violation, (though the Guide is difficult to wade through.) Step down please, have the decency.

a447
October 25th, 2017, 16:20
Unfortunately, that's not what happens, as much as I'd like to say it does. :)

Only one at a time.

For a looong time.

Yum!

Oh, and only one on any single day.

pennyboy
October 25th, 2017, 16:55
I like fucking and sucking and always with a condom for fucking and never swallow. I've tried being fucked again with condom but found it uncomfortable and did nothing for me sexually. In all my years with god knows how many guys I have had crabs twice once in Tenerife and once in Thailand. I go for an annual check up and on one occasion when I was waiting a young guy asked me what I was doing there. When I replied he looked at me and said "you dirty old cunt"

Nirish guy
October 25th, 2017, 17:22

Hmmm why do i think that last line might be somewhat of a big fat lie !! :-)

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 17:38
Perhaps because we've heard differently in earlier posts by a447? Just guessing.

dinagam
October 25th, 2017, 17:41
Don't make him blush.

Manforallseasons
October 25th, 2017, 18:13
When frist I learned of Prep (Truvada) I asked my friend who ia a doctor he did not recommend it for me but he said bottoms should use it as they are at greater risk he also said extended use could have negative effects on the liver.

a447
October 25th, 2017, 18:29
Perhaps because we've heard differently in earlier posts by a447? Just guessing.

Well, sort of.

Two a day is ok for Thailand. But not in Australia.

We always do long time. The guy arrives in the afternoon and goes home the evening of the next day. So plenty of time for fun. In between, we go for drives - I let them drive my car - or hop in the jacuzzi, go for a swim, cook lunch (him, not me) for friends, go shopping etc.

So although I'd love to say I'm a real stud who can handle all three at the same time, alas, it isn't so.

Perhaps it's something I should aim for!

scottish-guy
October 25th, 2017, 18:43
...my friend who is a doctor .. said extended use could have negative effects on the liver.

Nothing compared to the negative effects a dose of HIV can have on it though!

Manforallseasons
October 25th, 2017, 19:03
Nothing compared to the negative effects a dose of HIV can have on it though!

Understood, but one should know the risks and what is the risk of infection for those that don't get fucked and don't enjoy sucking cock and those that do, in the end it sholud be an informed choice.

scottish-guy
October 25th, 2017, 19:33
I agree absolutely and "experts" disagree about the risks associated with specific activities. Some say you would have to orally ingest a gallon of jizz to have a high risk of contracting HIV from a random selection of guys and others say different. So many variables.

But here is a medication which can reduce the risk to almost zero so to me personally it seems like a no-brainer - but here in the UK we will expect it free on the NHS and that wil involve telling your GP or Pox Clinic that you're a (guess what) elderly gay desperado who takes it up the chute anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Like it or not there's still a stigma and significant numbers of people won't go for it.

Of course you could buy it through the post in a brown envelope but that'll appeal to a very small number as they'll be thinking they're paying for something that ought to be free in the UK - in the same way that retired wealthy individuals still claim every penny and every benefit they can get (such as winter fuel allowance and free bus travel) whilst all the time boasting they don't actually need it.

I personally have not gone to my GP to ask for Prep - and I can't see myself doing so, even though I know it would potentially benefit me. It's just too embarrassing to those of us of a certain age

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 20:34
To be honest, I'd never heard about this drug before today. I'm not sexually active here in Dublin. In Pattaya, I tend to stick with the same couple of boys during a trip. I'm not into multiple partners every day (no judgement, just personal choice). So I think my risk of infection is low. Btw, I would have no problem discussing this with my GP. He's a warm and friendly guy and I trust him a lot.

Ivory
October 25th, 2017, 21:11
In Russia we use Miramistin as a universal antiseptic against STi. It is popular drug based on the space technology. Not sure if there are analogues in other countries. However, it does not protect against HIV.

fedssocr
October 25th, 2017, 21:44
The problem with everyone being on Prep is that they forget about all of the other infections they are spreading around. The anti-biotic resistant gonorrhea has a lot of doctors worried.

Mickp
October 25th, 2017, 22:56
Unfortunately, that's not what happens, as much as I'd like to say it does. :)

Only one at a time.

For a looong time.

Yum!

You must be a ugly old Aussie if you have to pay for sex in Australia when there are heaps of young guys on grindr looking for hook ups for no money .
Even fucking fatarseNeal hooked up when he was in Sydney .

scottish-guy
October 25th, 2017, 23:00
Was it with you?

:D

latintopxxx
October 26th, 2017, 01:22
oh Lord, i find myself defending a447...but here goes...mick..a447 didnt say he paid for sex with the reguklars..and even if he did maybe like me (now choke a447) he likes to " own" them during the period they are servicing him.
As for Prep being heavy on the liver ..I've had 3 blood tests since and to date all is within range. Condoms do not protect against STD, they minimise the risk...unless u wrap yourself in latex..dont kiss or even do oral unless covered then the risk is there. STD apart from HIV dont scare me as they can all be treated..I know there seem to be some resitant strains rearing their head but am sure that a solution willbe found.
And Joe...u must be a bit of a twit if u think restricting yourself to a couple of MB will keep u safe..they have been used by multiple guys before they get to u...could be covered in disease.. as the saying goes..when u fuck with someone u r fucking everyone thats fucked them.
ON a 7 day holiday in Thailand I will fuck around 30 guys of which at least half will be MBs....u may just be hooking up with a MB that just got pounded and deep throated by me...so u r fucking with 30 guys...who in turn have each fucked another 30 in the last month...the numbers are mind boggling once u extrapolate it...get it?? Or do u really think that the MB u engage has been sitting demurely in the local temple virgin arse snapped tightly closed waiting for u???

joe552
October 26th, 2017, 01:28
I take your point, latintop. You're right of course. God, did I hate typing that!

a447
October 26th, 2017, 08:01
.....when there are heaps of young guys on grindr looking for hook ups for no money .

I don't have grindr. I'm not into cum and go with long term "friends."

I like to spend time getting to know the guys if they are going to become regulars.

Thanks for "defending" me Latin but alas, I must admit I do pay them. Quite handsomely, too. If you saw them you'd know why.

latintopxxx
October 26th, 2017, 09:46
Oh OK...I rarely pay in my home country..at least not in cash...

scottish-guy
October 26th, 2017, 15:13
People in positions of immense power and influence often get absolutely stunning and top-of-the-heap fuck partners.

This is clearly what is happening to a447 now he is part of the moderation team on this board.

christianpfc
October 26th, 2017, 15:20
Apart from pubic lice in 2011, no STIs so far.

There is a misconception about sucking and swallowing. As far as I know, HIV can be transmitted via lesions in the mouth. Acid in the stomach would kill the virus. The danger is in having cum in your mouth, not in your stomach!

Manforallseasons
October 26th, 2017, 15:39
People in positions of immense power and influence often get absolutely stunning and top-of-the-heap fuck partners.

This is clearly what is happening to a447 now he is part of the moderation team on this board.

Be that as it may she only has time to be fucked when she is not on the Formula One circut leaving Heidrick as just a lowley cum eater.

scottish-guy
October 26th, 2017, 15:54
....As far as I know...... The danger is in having cum in your mouth, not in your stomach!

I believe you are correct Christian - which is bad news for those of us who like to gargle with it before swallowing.

a447
October 26th, 2017, 16:03

Hmmm..I think money might have more to do with it!

neddy3
October 26th, 2017, 16:33
Be that as it may she only has time to be fucked when she is not on the Formula One circut leaving Heidrick as just a lowley cum eater.

OK, I'll admit it. Have not been paying enough attention.

Please explain!

a447
October 26th, 2017, 16:57
Allow me.

I think it has something to do with a recent post of mine in Joe's "Bucket list" thread.

I said I'd like to do some track work at the Nurburgring in Germany with a friend.

Where Heidrick came from is a total mystery, but if he's hot, I'd appreciate an introduction, mfas.

joe552
October 26th, 2017, 18:07
I didn't understand that post either, and even with a447's explanation I still don't understand. What has it got to do with sexual health, which is what the thread is about? Shakes head in confusion - again.

scottish-guy
October 26th, 2017, 18:19
Hmmm..I think money might have more to do with it!

But we are all in that particular boat - yet I'm sure you alluded to the high quality of your paid consorts - so I can only ascribe that to your power and influence.:p

On another note, Obergruppenfuhrer Heydrich was taken out by the Czech resistance in Prague in the 40's (I've stood in the very spot)

Although he is probably another of Christian's relatives :D , I don't understand why he's been introduced into the discussion.

Dalewood
October 26th, 2017, 19:25
PrEP is available readily in Thailand and very easy to get hold of. In fact, I know of a number of visitors here who take a few months supply home with them when visiting. I believe you can take 3 months through customs into most countries in Europe ect, but you would have to check that. It is very cheap here. Very. Prices start at 1100 Baht a month after a short consultation.

Interesting; I thought the stuff cost a fortune. I always wrap and never swallow, but I will have to look into Prep as supplemental protection. I have had a mild stroke and the high blood pressure that caused the stroke has led to some other issues; I will check with my doctor.

During the two years I lived in Thailand, I caught nothing. I spent a lot of time at Babylon and another sauna in the area of Sukhumvit Soi 1.

christianpfc
October 26th, 2017, 22:00
On another note, Obergruppenfuhrer Heydrich was taken out by the Czech resistance in Prague in the 40's (I've stood in the very spot)

Although he is probably another of Christian's relatives :D , I don't understand why he's been introduced into the discussion.
Deadly wounded in a terrorist attack is my interpretation of events.

Not that I know of. Neither do I.

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2017, 00:00
I had gonorrhoea twice in Bangkok in the 70's. In those days no one was wearing condoms. I visited a very pleasant clinic in Patpong Two. On the second occasion the nurse suggested that it might be a good idea to wear a condom in the future, but the very worldly doctor replied that was a bad idea, it would be like having a whisky without a cigarette!

scottish-guy
October 27th, 2017, 00:41
Interesting "interpretation"

What's your take on the reprisals - "They had it coming"?

fedssocr
October 27th, 2017, 04:25
Saw this story today.
http://www.newnownext.com/oral-sex-men-head-throat-cancer/10/2017/?xrs=synd_facebook_nnn

If you smoke and sa-moke a lot you're more likely to get throat cancer

gerefan2
October 27th, 2017, 04:45
That article keeps talking about 5 partners. WTF?

fedssocr
October 27th, 2017, 05:31
I know. Once you've had one (or 5) how do you stop?

latintopxxx
October 27th, 2017, 10:35
...fuck...I should be dead by now...

CambodiaVisitor
October 27th, 2017, 11:04
I have been on Prep for almost a year. I was having a lot of inestinal discomfort until I started taking the pill with food. After that, no problem at all.

francois
October 27th, 2017, 19:54
If worried about throat cancer there is a vaccine for HPV. Now routinely administered to both boys and girls at a young age.

scottish-guy
October 27th, 2017, 23:06
Vaccine is too late for us elderly gay desperadoes

joe552
October 27th, 2017, 23:51
Why wouldn't it be beneficial for older men?

francois
October 28th, 2017, 00:07
Fact is the vaccine is effective for "elderly" men.

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 04:13
Because, Joe , there's no point locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Vast majority of elderly gay men (and str8 ones) will have already been exposed to HPV virus through previous sexual activity - that's why it's too late for most , and that's why the emphasis is on vaccinating children before they become sexually active.

OMFG I mentioned "children" - how awful

arsenal
October 28th, 2017, 08:34
Dr Scottish. Your one stop shop for all matters relating to any kind of sexually transmitted disease due to years of personal experience. A proud boast?

latintopxxx
October 28th, 2017, 13:21
..thats a bit unfair ArseTroll...even for u...and even whetre scatboy is involved

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 14:43
Dr Scottish. Your one stop shop for all matters relating to any kind of sexually transmitted disease due to years of personal experience. A proud boast?

Oh looky - a MODERATOR (the Head Judge no less) openly accusing a member (without any foundation whatsoever) of being a carrier of/infected with sexually transmitted diseases. Then trying to be smart by using a question mark but unfortunately putting it in the wrong place.

Power corrupts as they say - anybody else posting such content would and should be warned and the offensive comment removed.

Tempted to try that little red triangle Moses keeps banging on about - but not being a snitch, I'm reluctant

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 15:32
I have to agree, SG, that comment is way out of line. It must be bad if latintop thinks so.

arsenal
October 28th, 2017, 16:27
I'm glad you three boys are getting on so well.

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 17:02
We're getting on famously, arsenal. We've even asked latin to join our gang. He might have to moderate his behaviour somewhat, but that's a small price to pay for hanging out with the "cool" guys.

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 17:04
On the health issue, I don't know enough about HPV or the vaccine to make an informed comment. So I'll just follow the thread, and maybe learn something.

arsenal
October 28th, 2017, 18:58
Joe wrote.
"We're getting on famously, arsenal. We've even asked latin to join our gang. He might have to moderate his behaviour somewhat, but that's a small price to pay for hanging out with the "cool" guys."

Yes. The Joe, Scotty and Poxxy gang is definitely 'cool'. Why, one could not hope to come across a finer body of SGT members.

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 19:01
Power + Paranoia = Neal

Fortunately Len doesn't own the board (yet), and he's voluntarily standing down in December (bet he doesn't)

arsenal
October 28th, 2017, 19:27
Yes I am. There's only one member here who craves 'power' and everyone knows who that is. Don't we Scottish-guy?

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 20:24
OOPS!

Did you forget you already announced to anybody who'd listen that you had put me on "ignore"?

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 20:29
Ooh, I see the ladies are at it again!

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 20:35
No, Joe - there's only one lady "at it" - I'm taking it all in my stride whilst Len is suffering a total meltdown right in front of everybody's eyes

arsenal
October 28th, 2017, 20:47
If you say so Scottish.

sglad
October 29th, 2017, 12:20
The problem with everyone being on Prep is that they forget about all of the other infections they are spreading around. The anti-biotic resistant gonorrhea has a lot of doctors worried.

Everyone is not on PrEP. Many lie so that they can fuck bareback. It's very risky behaviour whether you are or aren't on it. CF/chem fun and unprotected sex are becoming dangerously common in SE Asia.

sglad
October 29th, 2017, 12:42
Ooh, I see the ladies are at it again!

Why so sexist?

joe552
October 29th, 2017, 14:58
Why so sexist?

Ah get over yourself.

newalaan2
October 30th, 2017, 05:32
Everyone is not on PrEP. Many lie so that they can fuck bareback. It's very risky behaviour whether you are or aren't on it. CF/chem fun and unprotected sex are becoming dangerously common in SE Asia.

One of the points from the original post was the amount of potential unprotected sex I came across 15+ years ago which I considered dangerously common among the lads I was with back then, I was interested to know if it still was the case in the current climate and as I have only the chance for limited feedback/encounters was wondering what other members were experiencing with Bkk/pattaya boys. I am referring to guys in Bangkok/Pattaya who are in the 'trade'.

latintopxxx
October 30th, 2017, 15:35
to date in Thailand I have only ever fucked while fully protected with a extra thin condom...but that may change..and I say may..as after 20 years of habit the thought of bareback while very liberating is still scary...

colmx
October 31st, 2017, 02:13
At a rough guess... I reckon 1 in 4 of the Bkk/Pattaya MBs that I have been with have tried to have BB sex...
Non MBs is probably even higher at 1 in 3...

Some of them can be quite forceful (attempting to "plunge" themselves onto your cock) or sneaky in trying to "stealth" the condom off when you are not looking...

Edit: And Laos boys seem to be the worst at practising Safer Sex

bobsaigon2
October 31st, 2017, 02:30
On my visits to Laos, I found the guys had zero understanding of any type of STD and were not in the habit of taking any precautions.

scottish-guy
October 31st, 2017, 03:06
to date in Thailand I have only ever fucked while fully protected with a extra thin condom...

Well, I knew the boys called you pencil dick but I didn't realise the monicker was accurate.

:p