PDA

View Full Version : A motorbike ride in the Thai countryside.

arsenal
October 24th, 2017, 23:14
As I've mentioned before I love few things more than riding a motorbike around the countryside in and around Pattaya. There are about 4/5 routes I follow with deviations as and when the mood takes me. A little like a walk around London, it's rare that I don't come across something new and interesting. There are often races at the track near Siam Country Club and always free to watch. Half an hour watching go-cars or bikes screaming round on the tarmac followed by a lovely lunch at SCC makes for a wonderful morning. Head south and there are some lovely tucked away wats. One is up a steep incline and offers beautiful views towards some mountains. The monks there give me but a passing glance as they go about their business. They're also building a huge white one in the middle of a field, perhaps looking to compete with The Sanctuary of Truth. I often come across places such as a small cafe for a coffee or a pretty lake or a small village and then a few days later when I try to find it again, I can't. A motorbike will cost 200 baht a day for the new Honda Click and it's orgasmically fun to ride being fast and chuckable. Do it.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 23:39
Nice post. arsenal. I don't ride a motorbike but agree with the freedom it gives to explore new places, off the beaten track.

bobsaigon2
October 24th, 2017, 23:48
Yes, I can see myself riding a Honda Click for at least five minutes before I had a horrendous accident. However, I have an American friend, retired in Chiang Mai, also born in 1940. Until very recently he delighted in riding his motor bike around the northernmost towns of the area. He said that when travelling alone instead of with a companion, people were much more likely to want to interact with him and he always enjoyed his trips.

Going back fifty years, when I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I bought a BSA motorcycle, enjoyed taking it out for desert runs. Finally had to give it up, too many breakdowns, some said because the right spark plugs were not available. But it was fun while it lasted.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 23:53
A hint of Lawrence of Arabia there, bob?

bobsaigon2
October 25th, 2017, 00:09
Well, both El Aurens and I share(d) an appreciation for young Arabian men. There was that houseboy from the Yemen.... Oh, sorry, don't want to go off topic.

jfs
October 25th, 2017, 00:22
Arsenal, does the 200 baht/day rental for a new Honda Click include insurance?

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 01:31
Bob, I do hope we're going to hear more of your Yemeni houseboy? Your post reminded me of the only time I came across a houseboy (not in a sexual way, unfortunately) We were travelling in the Philippines with our friend whose father was a former governor of Negros (I know there are 2, and I don't remember which we went to). Myself and one of my friends went to a karaoke bar, and he joined us there. A great night. When we went to a posh restaurant with members of the family, I was uncomfortable that he wasn't coming in with us, but had to stay with the driver till we were ready to leave. I couldn't even go to the kitchen to make a coffee. A servant had to do it. Not my style at all.

latintopxxx
October 25th, 2017, 01:43
..definitely my style...hired help belong downstairs in more way than one...

gerefan2
October 25th, 2017, 06:46
Arsenal, does the 200 baht/day rental for a new Honda Click include insurance?

Like that loud mouthed tennis player said “you cannot be serious” !

bobsaigon2
October 25th, 2017, 09:36
Bob, I do hope we're going to hear more of your Yemeni houseboy?

Just briefly, so as not to get too far off track -- and I'm sure you don't want all the sordid details -- Over the years I spent in Saudi Arabia, I had two Yemeni houseboys. I found both of them to be very well endowed. Now of course I cannot draw any conclusions on the basis of a two cock survey, but, if all Yemenis are similarly endowed, could this be the reason why Mr Trump included the Yemen in his Travel Bans? Afraid of the competition? He doesn't want any Yemenis to employ their assets in Making America Great Again? Just a thought.

arsenal
October 25th, 2017, 10:15
It doesn't include insurance jfs.

francois
October 27th, 2017, 13:53
Having a motorbike to get around would be an ideal way to see much of Pattaya and it's environs but the Thai style of driving and driving on the wrong side of the road make it impossible for me. And yes, I did own a motorbike and enjoyed driving it when in California for several years and even drove/owned a Honda when at the university about 50 years ago.

Andaman!
October 27th, 2017, 14:32
........I can think of better things to ride in Thailand than a motorbike.....

latintopxxx
October 27th, 2017, 16:52
...giggle...is your name latintopxxx....

joe552
October 27th, 2017, 17:45
I don't ride a motorbike, but have enjoyed days out with a boy on his. You're right, arsenal, it's good to get out into the country occasionally.

arsenal
October 27th, 2017, 17:50
And some of those young monks with their shaved heads, orange robes and generous smile can be rather eye catching.

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 14:47
I don't ride a motorbike, but have enjoyed days out with a boy on his..

..Penis?

:D

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 15:23
You know me, SG, I'm a Puritan - that kind of thing is kept for the bedroom

scottish-guy
October 28th, 2017, 20:31
You should branch out Joe - one of my best times was bent over the fire-escape handrail between the 11th and 12th floors of a multi-storey block of flats - being serviced by lad with green hair whose parents were watching Coronation Street on the telly just a few feet away

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 21:01
You do get to some exotic locations, scottish!

I did give a bj on the balcony of an apartment at Mosaik once.

bobsaigon2
October 28th, 2017, 21:35
......one of my best times was bent over the fire-escape handrail between the 11th and 12th floors of a multi-storey block of flats - being serviced by lad with green hair whose parents were watching Coronation Street on the telly just a few feet away

Sounds interesting. Very. Any selfies of that?

Reminds me of the time when one of my Saudi Air Force students and I decided to have a quick bit of quality time in the classroom, after class that is. Other students and teachers passing by on the other side of the locked door.

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 22:44
Well I have to say I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Does a bj in the Phoenix Park count?

bobsaigon2
October 28th, 2017, 23:18
Does a bj in the Phoenix Park count?

It does. :)

joe552
October 28th, 2017, 23:39
Does that mean I can join the pervert's club?

gerefan2
October 29th, 2017, 02:39
You should branch out Joe - one of my best times was bent over the fire-escape handrail between the 11th and 12th floors of a multi-storey block of flat

Miss the Gorbals?

joe552
October 29th, 2017, 02:57
Well this thread has moved on a bit from taking a motorbike trip through the Thai countryside. Sorry, arsenal. If only we had 3 moderators to keep things on track.

Personally, this competition to see who has had sex in the most odd place, is rather unbecoming of the board. But then again, I'm not a moderator or censor, so hey ho.

sglad
October 29th, 2017, 13:05
Reminds me of the time when one of my Saudi Air Force students and I decided to have a quick bit of quality time in the classroom, after class that is. Other students and teachers passing by on the other side of the locked door.

What? You had sex with a student, someone who is under your authority and influence, on school premises?

bobsaigon2
October 29th, 2017, 13:16
What? You had sex with a student, someone who is under your authority and influence, on school premises?

So what? He was in is twenties and he initiated it.

This is your fifth or sixth post today in which you have tried to find something to criticize. Carry on. No one is impressed.

sglad
October 29th, 2017, 13:32
So what? He was in is twenties and he initiated it.

"So what"? It doesn't matter who initiated it or how old you or he were (granted it would have been worse had he been a minor, and we've only got your word that he hadn't). You marked his papers, didn't you, and was responsible for him while he was in your classroom? Let's put it in another way: would the authorities have said "so what" had you been caught? Would the students and their parents have said, "so what"? Would your colleagues have said "so what" had they been tarred with the same brush following your actions?

bobsaigon2
October 29th, 2017, 13:59
Do contact the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Defense if this concerns you so. Sorry I cannot provide more details but the event occurred 40 years ago and I have quite forgotten the name of the warrant officer... Abdullah? Mohammed? Abdulazziz? Can not recall.

Carry on. Still no one is impressed.

sglad
October 29th, 2017, 14:05
Do contact the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Defense if this concerns you so. Sorry I cannot provide more details but the event occurred 40 years ago and I have quite forgotten the name of the warrant officer... Abdullah? Mohammed? Abdulazziz? Can not recall.

That's not the point. You've provided and done enough. You've taught in several places since then, haven't you? Moved around a lot, teaching in various schools...and you live in Cambodia or Vietnam or some place like that now?

bobsaigon2
October 29th, 2017, 15:07
Looks like your Sunday is not going well. Maybe still time to get to a church service where you are, for some reflection, introspection? Some yoga at home? Aromatherapy?

Your posts today are providing entertainment value as they progress from humorous to ludicrous. One day, if you keep at it, you'll be able to attain the level of popularity of our Issan colleague. But that will require a reduction of negativity and some thought to Leaving the world a better place than when you entered, as Matt hopes to do.

Do carry on.

scottish-guy
October 29th, 2017, 15:30
Miss the Gorbals?

Would you ask an New Yorker if he missed the Bronx?

History is full of people who achieved wonderful things from very humble beginnings - what's the point of your snobbish comment, it just reflects very badly on you as a person

francois
October 29th, 2017, 15:53
...and you live in Cambodia or Vietnam or some place like that now?

Let me think, bobsaigon?

joe552
October 29th, 2017, 17:23
Geography is obviously not his strong point, or reading, for that matter, francois.

I remember when I was in Lebanon with the UN in '78 and was invited to visit the home village of one of our interpreters (the only one of us he invited). Had a great day, but often wondered afterwards if sex might have been on the menu. I wasn't out at the time. Ah well, we'll never know.

Mickp
October 30th, 2017, 05:12
Im impressed....im impressed !!! Oh did u delete sglad's comments?

Smiles
October 31st, 2017, 12:53
This quiz photo is for all Brits, Scots, Welsh, and Irish. Perhaps others might well know, but they are probably few and far between.

This is Smiles (circa 1981) in his newly-purchased full racing leathers and beloved red 750 Suzuki. Then, all smiles (some exceptions now), windblown hair (I'm gray now), with a low maintenance do.

Can any one of you make out where this photo was snapped. (Clue: it is not in Thailand!)

https://preview.ibb.co/c9OTt6/1981.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For motorcycle buffs:

This is the bike which one could easily have orgasms over. The Italian Ducati 750 Sport, one of the great street motobikes ever made. There were only 30 of them imported into Canada and I snagged one new for $1500 ... a small fortune for a 750-anything back in those days

I owned this one for around 4 years after purchasing it in 1977. This photo is not of my bike as I have no shot of it in digital, and even the paper photo is back in a box in Canada, but it's exactly the same one I had.
In the end, the upkeep was ridiculous so I traded it in for the red Suzuki above.
But I still salivate over its beautiful appearance and its sexy BOOM BOOM BOOM of it's unbaffled exhaust.

https://image.ibb.co/dNQxmR/Ducati_750_Sport_1.jpg

joe552
October 31st, 2017, 13:10
Sorry Smiles, you have me beat. I've no idea where that is.

francois
October 31st, 2017, 20:23
Canada.

Smiles
October 31st, 2017, 20:37
Canada.
Sorry, not even close.

dinagam
October 31st, 2017, 20:41
Is that Tony Blair in his younger days?

francois
November 1st, 2017, 17:02
Somewhere in the UK?

Smiles
November 1st, 2017, 23:09
Oh dear, the Brits, Welsh, Scots, Irish are obviously only interested in sex with Thai boys/men (only rarely men).
So I will have to give up on this quiz and hand youse (that's for you Christian) the answer to it.

While I am happily in the foreground, the back drop is the great bay, and city, of Douglas, Isle of Man.
The TT races go on apace every year, and on Crazy Sunday I raced the Suzuki around the island, and up the side of Mt Snaefel. Exhilarating to say the least.

But, back to the latest quiz regarding the Member of Sawatdee who has had the largest number of Thai asses who have been cajoled to sit on his face.

joe552
November 2nd, 2017, 00:59
The only real "family" holiday we had was to the Isle of Man. I was about 7 or 8. My big memory is of my Dad driving a small racing car on a speed track. It was a good time.