PDA

View Full Version : Annoying little fecker

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 01:06
This is a short rant. So I get a message on Facebook from the old friend, "are you ok?". By the time I have my answer typed, he's fecked off, no goodbye, no reply. It's not the first time it's happened. Really annoys me.

Rant over - please continue with your evening, gentlemen.

Moses
October 24th, 2017, 01:10
moved to Everything Else

joe55 please post threads in corresponding forums :)

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 01:16
Moses, my post related to my Thai old friend, about whom I've been posting for weeks. Not just some random friend from Facebook. Sorry if that wasn't clear from my post.

Moses
October 24th, 2017, 01:24
ok, now it's clear, moved back :)

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 01:28
Thanks.

Halfhansum
October 24th, 2017, 02:56
Are you by any chance, very slow at typing Joe ?
This is a short rant. So I get a message on Facebook from the old friend, "are you ok?". By the time I have my answer typed, he's fecked off, no goodbye, no reply. It's not the first time it's happened. Really annoys me.

Rant over - please continue with your evening, gentlemen.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 03:04
No. actually I was sent by my then employer to learn touch typing when I was 15. I'm a fast and accurate typist. It's a skill you never lose. Kind of like sucking cock.

scottish-guy
October 24th, 2017, 04:05
A 15yo male touch typist?

Who knew Ireland was so progressive in the 30's

:p

Nirish guy
October 24th, 2017, 04:59
Yeah but he didn't tell you what it was they had him touching whilst he was typing - with one hand, the girls in the class could type 40 words a minute, Joe unfortunately could only manage 10 LETTERS a minute and yet strangely his teacher Mr Murphy STILL gave him an A+ - funny that eh ! :)

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 05:17
SG, I like to think I was in the vanguard of the struggle for equality between male and female typists. It wasn't easy, there were more popular movements - gay liberation, among them. The faggots were "out of the closet and onto the street". All we could do was write a perfectly written letter to The Times. You don't remember those letters in The Times? No, that's because male typists have been ignored throughout history;

scottish-guy
October 24th, 2017, 05:42
I notice you don't quibble about being 15yrs old in the '30s though!!

:D

latintopxxx
October 24th, 2017, 06:57
reminds me of some right winger ranting on about those damn woman wanting equality in the work force as in on the board and senior management...but no mention of the lack of woman as grave diggers or refuse truck drivers/collectors..

Smiles
October 24th, 2017, 07:19
Regarding the fecker: Joe, Thais more often than not will not give a formal "good bye" when they leave you.
When we go to his village he's always yapping away with his mother -- they are very close and she's getting old now, with some ailments -- but when we've finished whatever we went there for and getting ready to depart he never gives a formal "goodbye" to anyone. Just hops in the car and away we go. They often do the same on the phone.
I'm used to it now, but back aways I thouht it quite rude to just disappear without giving her at the very least a peck on the cheek.
In general, Thais don't make a big deal about goodbyes. All of a sudden they just disappear.

Doug
October 24th, 2017, 08:35
On Facebook, my Thai friends very,very rarely give any warning they're leaving the conversation. Now I do the same to them. I'm getting quite good at anticipating their requests for money and I'm gone. They get quite upset when they realize I'm not there.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 09:06
Thanks Smiles, if it's a cultural thing I can live with it. It just seemed odd, that I'd sent him a message on Facebook saying "talk to me" about our trip to Bangkok. All he did was to say hello, and then went off. But I'll put it down to cultural differences.

christianpfc
October 24th, 2017, 15:45
Nothing to get annoyed/worry about.

Happens to me as well and beside cultural differences, there might be technical issues: some boys don't have money to keep data connection on their mobile phone 24/7; they might log in once per day, send some messages, log out. Or use internet cafe where there is a time limit as well, and there might be other distractions while he chats with you.

Dating Thai boys (58) Sensory overload
http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2017/09/dating-thai-boys-58-sensory-overload.html

I have some chatty friends, I leave their messages unread for a day or two because I consider chatting a waste of time, all I want to communicate is "sex yes/no, if yes where and when?".

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 16:04
christian, you are obviously an old romantic, like myself.

Really, is that your attitude? Sex, yes or no? If yes, when and how much?

Shaking my head in disbelief yet again. (It's becoming quite painful now, all this head shaking)

Smiles
October 24th, 2017, 17:33
" ... all I want to communicate is "sex yes/no, if yes where and when?..."
That and instructing them -- without being asked -- on proper spelling and grammar I presume?

dinagam
October 24th, 2017, 17:54
christian, you are obviously an old romantic, like myself.

Shaking my head in disbelief yet again. (It's becoming quite painful now, all this head shaking)

Hopefully all the head shaking doesn't lead to a traumatic fracture/crack of the spine.

francois
October 24th, 2017, 19:07
No. actually I was sent by my then employer to learn touch typing when I was 15. I'm a fast and accurate typist. It's a skill you never lose. Kind of like sucking cock.

Although off topic, I also learned touch typing when I was 15 yo. I bought a book and a typewriter and followed the lessons and never forgot.

christianpfc
October 24th, 2017, 19:19
Really, is that your attitude? Sex, yes or no? If yes, when and how much?
If yes, when and WHERE? (Not: how much?).

I'm exaggerating to entertain members.

But right now I'm having a boy who is already planning our marriage and his move to Germany, before we even met. Here I tone it down to one exchange of messages per day, and have to go to meet him in Nakon Sawan soon after my return to Thailand, to see if it was worth all the chatting.

A general problem is: a lot of talk and little action.
Thai boy: "I miss you", "I love you", "When can we meet again"
ChristianPFC: "Come here to see me in Bangkok, I'm free throughout"
Thai boy: "too far, too late, too early, too cold, too hot, too dark, too sunny, it's raining, I don't know the way..."

dinagam
October 24th, 2017, 19:46
By giving all those excuses, the boys are probably entertaining themselves at your expense.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 19:48
Jeez. christian, who knew that living in Bangkok it was so hard to find boys for sex?

SG. a bit of history about my typing. I was born in 1956 (did I mention it's my birthday in January?). Started work at 14 (and a half) having completed my Intermediate (now Junior) Cert. 2 brothers worked in he factory - as sheet metal workers. It quickly became clear that I didn't share their aptitude, so I was moved into the office. where I thrived. It was a factory owned by an individual, who my eldest brother still reveres.

So I offered to do the typing class if the company paid for it, which they did.

And here we are - means I can type quickly on a message board about sex with young men.

scottish-guy
October 24th, 2017, 19:57
I hope they feel responsible

:D

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 23:58
I'm not sure the company still exists.