PDA

View Full Version : Airport to Pattaya

joe552
October 22nd, 2017, 03:22
newalaan mentioned a limo company that charged Bt1200 from the airport to Pattaya. Using Google, I found "thelimopattaya" or some such. Stupid question approaching - is a sedan an ordinary "family" car? In times past, I've paid up to 1500 for car to Pattaya. I don't actually want a limo - I'm a professional cheap charlie, after all.

So the perennial question - recommendations for transport from the airport. And christian, I'm not taking a bus!

newalaan2
October 22nd, 2017, 03:39
newalaan mentioned a limo company that charged Bt1200 from the airport to Pattaya. Using Google, I found "thelimopattaya" or some such. Stupid question approaching - is a sedan an ordinary "family" car? In times past, I've paid up to 1500 for car to Pattaya. I don't actually want a limo - I'm a professional cheap charlie, after all.

So the perennial question - recommendations for transport from the airport. And christian, I'm not taking a bus!

Thelimopattaya is the one I use and refer to in my report. They use the term 'sedan' to describe one of their luxury/family cars which can be either large Hondas, Toyota Camrays and the like, but yes, just large family cars. They also provide bottle of water in the service. The price is Bt1200 either way Pattaya/Jomtien to Suvarnabhumi Airport inc tolls. The driver waits at airport exit 3 where most of the independent taxi firms wait, with your name on a sign, they also give a mobile number to call if early/late, but they are always waiting ahead of your flight arrival time. No stop offs to re-fuel, and careful drivers who go no faster than 120kph.

joe552
October 22nd, 2017, 03:48
Exactly the answer I was hoping for, newalaan. Thanks so much.

By the way, and you may find this a bit insensitive, whatever happened to oldalaan?

I just submitted my booking. Thanks again, newalaan.

gerefan2
October 22nd, 2017, 04:47
I thought your friends were picking you up for 1500 baht, which is why I replied giving you Taxi details...

samebb
October 22nd, 2017, 07:40
http://www.mikepattayataxi.com

I use these guys from Bangkok (city) to Pattaya for 1200b.

They do Swampy airport to Pattaya for 1000b.
I have never had anything but good service and cars from these guys. Big comfortable cars, free water provided, no stops althought they will if you ask. Stopped for a snack and a bathroom break before, no issue at all.

One company I would advise anyone to avoid (like the fucking plague) are these guys: http://www.pttaxiservice.com

There are great options if you do some research and talk to a few people who do the trip on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.
In my opinion, 1200b from swampy to Pattaya is over-priced. I would want a stretch limo with free alcohol to justify the extra 200+ baht fee some of you are paying.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 07:52
I'm absolutely with you on pttaxis. Horrible and on occasions a terrifying white knuckle ride. I've stopped using taxi companies, now I just go down to the taxi rank and get in one. It's a little bit more money but hassle free. The driver still gets the iced coffee I always buy for them (and they never drink) but I tell them the tip is included in the 1500 baht.

frequent
October 22nd, 2017, 08:42
I use AoT from Swampy and Uber limo to Swampy unless I take the Airport Link but as previously reported the last time I did that I found my Airport Link card had expired, so infrequently do I use it. The only thing you have to watch for with AoT is their "special price" which you ignore completely (learning the Thai word for "bullsh*t" is useful - or indeed apposite - in this context) and getting them to show you their lowest price Toyota Camry. I avoid taxis at all costs anywhere in Bangkok unless there is literally no alternative

fedssocr
October 22nd, 2017, 09:26
I've had good and bad experiences with thelimopattaya over the years. One time the driver had an accident on the way to pick me up in Bangkok which ended up being a bit of a pain trying to deal with them over the phone. And more than once I've had to wait for them to show up at the airport to pick me up. Some drivers are better than others. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the drivers just belong to a big pool that all of the car services use.

FarangRuMak
October 22nd, 2017, 17:09
I use AoT from Swampy and Uber limo to Swampy unless I take the Airport Link but as previously reported the last time I did that I found my Airport Link card had expired, so infrequently do I use it. The only thing you have to watch for with AoT is their "special price" which you ignore completely (learning the Thai word for "bullsh*t" is useful - or indeed apposite - in this context) and getting them to show you their lowest price Toyota Camry. I avoid taxis at all costs anywhere in Bangkok unless there is literally no alternative
I think the Thai 'sh-t bull' is not 'bull' at all but 'khee nok'

joe552
October 22nd, 2017, 17:31
I thought your friends were picking you up for 1500 baht, which is why I replied giving you Taxi details...

I think that was my last trip, gerefan. He doesn't drive, so got his cousin to pick me up. I'd prefer a proper car this time (seatbelts were broken in cousin's car)

scottish-guy
October 22nd, 2017, 17:40
...I'd prefer a proper car this time...

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 02:44
I'm absolutely with you on pttaxis. Horrible and on occasions a terrifying white knuckle ride. I've stopped using taxi companies, now I just go down to the taxi rank and get in one. It's a little bit more money but hassle free. The driver still gets the iced coffee I always buy for them (and they never drink) but I tell them the tip is included in the 1500 baht.

I am glad you agree... but I think you are slightly jaded by boy bars. Discussion on tips with a taxi driver before you even leave? You are nuts mate. I rarely tip a taxi driver more than the change from a 20baht note. That said, I have had a few awesome taxi drivers in Bangkok who have been tipped. There was one that parked his car up and came for a drink with us in Kareoke on Sathorn Soi 1.

Only in Thailand.

But yeah, avoid pttaxis. If they are not breaking the speed limit in their 20 year old shit-tip cars, high on meth, they will be pissing you off with their offensivly loud music.

Oh a fast edit/edition. We had an Uber driver once who came to DJ Station with us. We paid him in, but he was fucking sexy.

arsenal
October 23rd, 2017, 08:43
Thank you samebb for your kind words of encouragement.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 09:05
Thank you samebb for your kind words of encouragement.

You are most welcome!

Smiles
October 23rd, 2017, 12:38
You are most welcome!
Ah cute, kissing a Mod's ass now are we? There's 3 more you know -- including the Admin. Happy smooching.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 15:52
Ah cute, kissing a Mod's ass now are we? There's 3 more you know -- including the Admin. Happy smooching.

I have no idea who the MODS are. Don't give a fuck either. I know the owner is a guy called Moses who also owns siamroads, and that's about it.

Im not kissing any of your asses. I would rather die than be within six feet of any of them :)
Fuck off now.

Thanks

gerefan2
October 24th, 2017, 01:43
Billy, stop it.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 02:00
I now have a confirmed booking with thelimopattaya, 1200Bt, tolls included. Thanks, newalaan for the suggestion.

TrumplesOz
October 24th, 2017, 07:40
Whilst on the subject of BKK to Pattaya via car/limo whatever.....

Has anyone got info on getting from U-Tapo airport (seemingly referred to as Pattaya International these days) to Pattaya?

This trip I'm flying from Air Asia from Chiang Mai to Pattaya direct and am wondering how much of a rod I've made for my own back.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 09:17
I have a vague memory of flying into or out of U Tapow. Didn't realise there are now commercial flights there. My memory tells me we got a minibus from Pattaya. I'm sure if there is a flight landing, there will be taxis to meet it.

francois
October 24th, 2017, 11:56
There are taxis at U-Tapao.

dinagam
October 24th, 2017, 15:32
There are four or five companies including AirAsia providing minibus services to and from Utapao/Pattaya for baht 250 per person. Some will drop you off and pick up at hotels. You can also use taxis and Uber.
Passing by recently, I was gladly surprised by the free super fast WiFi available at the waiting area after passing immigration and custom.

gerefan2
October 25th, 2017, 07:03
You will be impressed with U Tapau compared with Swampy. It’s quick and efficient and much nearer Pattaya. Well it’s efficient because thee are so few flights!

The minivan could be very slow if it is full (which it will be) as they drop off at your Hotel. It could literally take hours if it has to go to half a dozen different places before it drops you.

I don’t rely on there being a taxi available at the airport, as the flights are so few and far between. I book one with the numerous taxi companies to meet me. About 800 baht, no hassle.

TrumplesOz
October 25th, 2017, 11:39
Thanks guys for your help. Uber is another option I guess. I used them last time I was there.

Maybe I'll just see if my accommodation can organise a ride - shudder to think how much that would cost though.

Mickp
October 25th, 2017, 22:46
Oh fuck me....after all that you gonna ask your hotel for a taxi !
U ungrateful prick.