PDA

View Full Version : Recent Thailand trip Bkk/Pattaya/Phuket/Issan notes.

newalaan2
October 21st, 2017, 03:59
Just 'a few' notes from my recent trip. All I can say about the repetitive nature of these reports is that I don't change the schedule much from trip to trip but hope the updates are useful for those who have trips planned/upcoming soon and just want fresh info. For expats there's probably nothing new to read so no need to comment if it bores or you find uninteresting, just pass, it's easy.

ARRIVAL/DEPART.
Morning arrival 10am airport was quite busy, 1st immigration was packed, so headed to 2nd Immigration area which is still best for short Q's. 10 mins for immigration visa exempt on arrival TM6 form still paper effort as before, there was word of a change, not sure when, maybe someone can update. Down to lowest floor where ARL to city is located to find best exchange rate for Sterling cash of all places visited in Thailand. Value+ was best rate although not much between them and Superrich, however the crowd of Chinese lined up at Superrich made to decision to use Value+ easy, even if their rate had been worse. Pattaya Limo organised the roomy Honda car to Jomtien, Bt1200 inc tolls and excellent driver no faster than 120kph. Used them for the return journeys to Suvarnabhumi for the Phuket trip and the final drive to Bkk near end of trip, so i'll continue to recommend them as all cars were big limos and all drivers top-notch waiting for me ahead of time at all pick-ups.

Departure home flight was mid-day, and so airport heaving..fortunately am able to use FlyBlue loyalty card at the business class check-in which also give a VIP lane immigration/security at departures which was a blessing as VIP was empty but all things economy were jam packed with some VERY long Qs. AF/KLM even had a notice at their check=-in area to warn about hanging around and get to immig and security quick as gates closing strictly on time. Saw lots of dramatic (mostly asian)folks running to various gates..

PHUKET.
As I said first visit for a few years....worth the effort? I would say yes, for a short 3-4 day trip anyway. Not really that much of an effort especially if you fly from Suvarnabhumi if coming from Pattaya side and reasonable costs to get there. 90 min from Jomtien to airport, 1 hr 5 mins flight with Thaismaileair at Bt1200 one-way inc 20kg luggage, seat pref, snack/drink. Biggest Phuket issue with many is the transport situation and that can be overcome by renting a car at the airport, that alone saves Bt800 taxi hire each way and at Bt1100 a day for rent inc extra insurance makes it a reasonable transport cost around the islands for the rest for the 3-4 days. Car rent at airport, 10 mins for paperwork/car condition check/user instruction, new Honda Jazz with button for electric starting and auto...easy. On way quickly after landing.

Low/rainy season Sept/Oct but although daily downpours they didn't last, 2 evenings there was no rain. Severe hold-ups with road-works from airport to Patong but not disastrous and one way system in Patong makes for easy driving there. Stayed at C&N Hotel near Paradise, thanks to Colmx for recommendation, Boy69 threw up some doubt about room quality and attitude there, but found it to be excellent in all aspects, especially attitude, nothing too much bother. VIP room old but huge with large balcony and everything in good condition. Had small car park which was great, threw bellboy car keys and they saw to car parking, luggage etc, check-in 2 mins. Bf said they were very friendly at all times even when on his own.

For somebody who has travelled here many times since 2000 I found a significant change of the profile of the visitors. So used to white western faces for first few years, then a change to Russian/eastern bloc and now it was mostly Indian, Korean and Japanese/fair skinned Asians. On our flight it was more than 50% indian families, with good number of Phuket muslims and fair skinned Asians Koreans/Chinese as it apparently was a 10 day Korean/Chinese holiday, with only 3 white faces inc my own it was quite a contrast to years gone by. These percentages/numbers were reflected in Patong, with hoards of Chinese all over the place.

Patong has two distinctive feelings, on one hand there are great restaurants, shopping, busy/exciting feel to it, but on the other is so much worse in terms of the 'hard sell' as I remember from previous years. Bangla, now Walking st was a nightmare, if you subtract the 2-300 (yes! that many)barkers, bar hustlers it might be reasonable, but posters with Bt69 drinks! thrust in your face every yard from all sides was tiresome. If it was your first/only visit it might be eye opening/exciting but after an hour it's just a fucking nuisance. Frontage of all Walking st bars packed, I counted 8 live bands on the small stretch alone all competing in noise levels, but once inside the bar you found it empty at the back.

As for Paradise Complex, certainly shrunk in terms of quantity of bars available boys, but for 3-4 day visit still plenty enough to keep entertained. As others have suggested on other threads for visitors hoping/needing/demanding large numbers of available boys then they might be disappointed as it seems to be seen by most gay visitors as a place to visit with your partner as there were big numbers of young gay couples, and those in groups clearly there for fun and not for offing boys. That said if I were alone without bf seeking company every night I would have easily found a dozen lads each night to my liking, not sure why some moan about lack of choice because there is not 500+ to choose only one or two from. It's absurd. 3 Agogo's still standing, New My Way in the old Spartakus massage place, MO2 (old tangmo moved across the soi) and Passport. Passport lads hanging around outside the bar did look pretty rough, My Way is very small, very comfy sofas but room for only about 25 customers. Drinks here Bt150 which is very reasonable as had show. Surprise here was that the show was a full on fucking show (as well as katoey lipsync and candle show) with fucker/fuckee round audience for close up and tips, the Korean girls next to me happy to throw a few Bt100 notes their way for the boys to suck eachother right in front of them....wasn't expecting that in Paradise! Audience mostly Chinese/Korean with again only 3 white faces in the place. About 12 boys here with 2-3 very keen to interact with customers, had good laugh here and a few tips to share around, not expensive. MO2 show was more professional and the lip syc boy/girl was stunning and very precise with the English words, cant remember cost of drinks here as was with bf for a while and just paid up at end without checking, again 12-15 boys here with 3-4 easily to my taste. Passed on Passport.

Tons of massage place in Paradise more than 20 easily, mostly on main centre soi leading to Paradise Hotel, with very wide range of boys, plenty twinks as well as better built and older, again lost of hustle when walking through this part of Paradise, boys very keen for customers. Terrace lounges very good, enjoy sitting at all of them at some stage, Connect, Sundowners, Zag and Zag bar (old chic bar) as well as couple either side while empty early in the evening, at 7pm one evening I was only one of two customers but later on jam packed! Zag club was packed each night I/we were there and great atmosphere, again cant remember drinks prices, when on hols I can only remember mostly host bar prices, full of Korean/Chinese/Asian guys lots of flrting between them as well as thai guys making themselves available. Didn't make it to Boatbar, advised it 'wasn't worth it' but sat at James Dean Bar early evening and although just outside the bright lit up area had 6-8 very nice guys here, up for a laugh, very polite and very flirty, would easily have found a partner for the night here if alone. Drink prices definitely not Pattaya levels I think Connect Terrace may have been about Bt150 a drink. I seem to remember bf telling me Zag wasn't cheap but no detail i'm afraid.

During the day when we surfaced we visited around the island, and tons of places for a 3-4 day visit with car rental. Stopped at Rawai Beach on last night, set out like Cha-Am with long stretch of restaurants on one side of road and their seating/soft light area across from them with sea water lapping the wall where you eat, nice cool breeze, quiet with only the noise of the sea, romantic even! Food was excellent, bf even got passable som tam and seafood fresh, took time, 3 hours to enjoy the evening. Everything in Phuket expensive compared to the likes of Pattaya, except 7-11/Family as National pricing, but not budget breaking, had ice western breakfast in the sundowners caf

[BTS -> ARL edited by ChristianPFC]

newalaan2
October 21st, 2017, 04:47
Unfortunately the text didn't like the word cafe and the post was cut short. When I tried to edit, apparently I didn't do it quick enough and lost the rest of the text completely and only the above appeared. I'll re-write the rest and just add another post.

joe552
October 21st, 2017, 05:18
I wondered what had happened, newalaan. An interesting read - thanks for taking the time. Looking forward to more.

newalaan2
October 21st, 2017, 06:31
Had nice western breakfast at Sundowners restaurant for Bt130, very good it was too. But after 4 days the continual whining of the tuktuk/taxi guys becomes tiresome. Every fucking 5 yards on the Paradise road 'taxi? tuktuk?' as if we cant all fucking see the red vehicle they are lazily leaning against or the LARGE 'taxi' sign they are holding to advertise it! Pain in the arse.

PATTAYA.
Anyway on to Pattaya. Not much change in the 3 months between visits there as usual. We stayed at Mosaik for the best part and as said in another thread it was 85% full so we were based in an F-Block room where the rooms are excellent. Full kitchen room, massive lounge with excellent sound system furnishings and decoration, huge bedroom also with small balconies at rear of building. Plenty of room for bf to invite various friends round for evenings-in and pre-night out set-ups. Didn't see any of my neighbours in all 3 floors on the stairwell or lift the whole time we were there, except for a family of Indians who moved in for a few days during our stay on the same corridor and left their room door open day and night as various family members came and went between this room and another on a lower floor.

In BT visited all the bars at one point or another. TOYBOYS busy as usual with Korean/Chinese female customers and mix of farang/Chinese/Asian male customers with good line-up of guys from twink to manly. PRISMA was a good bit quieter than previous visits as it had only 6-8 twink types, but I parked myself outside on the terrace and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere as well the boys outside Toyboys. OSCARS Bar had good customer numbers the nights I visited, but SERENE much less than normal, maybe not a Russian holiday time? same with PANORAMA nowadays much quieter than previous trips but again maybe because of non-eastern bloc holiday time? BzBzBz was packed the couple night we were there, all Asian customers giving tips, drinks and offs. We have a few good friends work here so I find it a bit awkward to visit many times, but bf visited without me couple times and he always enjoys it. Could be the fact he never gets to pay any drink bills when he visits, he does of course offer but finds 'somebody' always has it covered. CUPIDOL had usual mamasans on hand, but only 'ok' for me this visit, not so many cute twinks as normal and not as hectic as usual, here again Asians responsible for most of the custom here. Did pay a visit to KAWAII over on Pattayaland soi 3, the soi is a disgrace massive pot holes filled with water permanently, it's a mess, as for Kawaii, 3 customers and 5 boys who all considered the very best way to get a customer was to stare at him zombie-like for the whole time until the customer eventually got fed up and left. Didn't visit 360/DreamBoy/XBoy.

Sunee was the regular early evening haunt before a night out and all-evening haunt on the non-clubbing nights after BT visit. Each visit providing more evidence that it may be just a matter of time before rental income falls far enough for Mdme Sunee/current owner to consider what is best return for their land investment. But meantime still plenty life there with 16 or so venue all still operating. Four agogo's open which is same number as BT soi. Didn't visit EROS as it's not really my kind of bar, but I know it is very popular with others so no criticism just fact it's not for me. So therefore WINNER had more visits than usual. Good mix of lads here mainly normal flexible gay lads capable of giving and taking, with a few femme types but NOT all sissy-boy as MFAS likes to blather. Boys very keen to interact and loads of fun, not a huge bill when giving out a few drinks and tips, with tips politely accept not demanded. The infamous ping-pong balls were available at every table but so no takers at all on all my visits there. But have to note the mainly farang customers here also engaged in good fun and were very generous with tips and drinks as well as boys getting offs.

Next door at EURO BOYS was fun night every night, very busy bar full most nights with very fun and interactive boys, some new cute lads on the staff, boys very keen and a great atmosphere, again contrary to comments here and there on this forum farang customers generous with tips and anything but cheap with giving out drinks as well as many customers opening bottles. Bossman here encourages fun and creates great atmosphere as well as generous with drink kick-backs to boys. One of the quieter nights bossman decided to shut shop sharp and give the boys an after work night out at karaoke, I was invited along and bossman was quick to assure no problem with bin, he would take care of whisky for boys and all I had to do was contribute to cover my own drinks. 8-10 of us headed out to find the karaoke named GPS....and you guessed it...nobody could find it! no GPS co-ords, but we finally did, and great night ensued, plenty fun and interaction between boys and gentle joking about singing ability. After a while here bossman wanted to show me another karaoke, this one with available man-boys in the line-up, a small place but still had 15 or so lads in the line-up to be taken for 'comany' at I think Bt200/hr? anyway the female customers snapped them up! although our table managed to hook a couple who seemed delighted to be in this crowd of cute lads with couple bottles whisky and beers on the table, whisky sets Bt1000 and down, large beers Bt130? Fun finished 5-6am? DIAMOND BAR next to Euro Boys does get custom during the evening but as it has such a large frontage always seems to look quiet. But it does attract the occasional arab lads who play pool there and get on with the great staff there. I enjoyed a few games of pool so Diamond was a regular also.

RAINBOW BAR was quieter than normal, maybe not a German holiday time as most of it's clientele tend to be from there, GREEN CHAIRS had the usual ebb and flow with many tables taken some evenings, I think I even spotted our very own Francoise on occasion. DOUBLE SHOT as per last visit very busy some nights, I know it always 'looks' busy due to the large number of man-boy staff but many nights it had plenty of customers too, a place I like to visit too as the man-boy waiters there can be great fun and very forward after a few beers. SKY BAR also had its fair share of custom considering its location on the backwater soi, plenty of French speaking customers and loud music many nights I visited, with mine host Alain making sure I always had tasty snack food as well as the occasional free drink which was appreciated. ONE BAR opposite has its regulars as does GOOD BOYS further down the soi, despite looking tough/manly there are always 6-10 boys outside this bar politely trying to invite you in. Round on the other soi, Elephant Hotel bar had some custom, but TING TONG RED was again very quiet compared to previous trips, again maybe not time for German hols? OUDS as usual also with good regular customers, and free entertainment in the form/shape of OUD himself always a good sport/laugh. FOREST BAR although often looking quiet has good footfall throughout the many hours it is open, some nights a few tables were occupied after 2am. Passed on Power Boys preferring to visit Nice Boys when looking for a Gogo visit, busy the nights I was there with customers and fun boys here too, very keen to interact with customers, always enjoy a visit here, and encouraging to see some Asian customers had gone out of their way to try find it using their smartphones.

Late night fun was between Walking Street and Tam Nan Issan, with one NAB and one Kon La Fan visit each. While TamNan was not packed every night as usual it was maximum fun there on every visit. Normally we are on Beer Towers there at Bt600-Bt700 a time, with excellent food too. If I were single looking to hook-up in Pattaya I would forgo the agogo bars and the gay romeo/hornet apps and simply head to TamNanIssan. A couple of nights I was there alone without bf and the opportunities to hook up were numerous, lots of approaches with the line 'you come here alone'? followed by 'so where your room?' these mostly working boys out for fun after work with a few whisky's in them are incredibly forward when they want to be. One night some of our BzBzBz friends had invited a customer to try the delights of TamNanIssan and had a table at the back, so there was a hotine between their and our table nearer the front with lots of back and fore between them and a great laugh minute by minute. NAB I found to be 'same as same as' to be honest I find TamNanIssan and Walking Street to be more varied and interesting. Maleeen Disco is the perfect place to round off any evening/night you want with a 4-5-6 am finish. Walking Street is always a favourite not only with us but most of the gay lads we talk to. I was disappointed in a previous favourite called Stones House at the start of Walking St. It's 'sister' bar/club at the other end of Walking St called Soi 16 Pub closed and is now being made into an Indian Disco, and so it seems ALL the staff at the closed establishment seem to have migrated to Stones House resulting in an over-the-top amount of service waiters, there were at least 12 outside harassing customers to go in, and when in there is big pressure to keep buying drinks, with I think a waiter per table, every 2 fucking minutes some waiter or other was either picking up your beer bottle to check if empty yet, or actually starting down to your almost full spirit glass to ask if you want another! WTF! and the begging for tips at every drink bill was annoying. So finished drinks and didn't go back. But plenty more in Walking st, ZAB the issan music bar was lively as usual and we all enjoyed a couple evenings there though not cheap at nearly Bt200 a drink. Lucifer, Insomnia etc always packed but an hour at any of these quite enough for me, I always liked Motorhead 'louder than anything Else' slogan but these clubs are worse than even that in terms of volume level, it really does hurt the ears and the level is ridiculous, deafening. Was determined to visit Pattaya Beer Garden as never been there but still never made it, there was always somewhere else suggested. But one night we did fancy eating in instead of carry out from WatChai eateries, so as New York Diner is attached to one of the clubs, I think Insomnia we headed there for the first time, even at 3am it was pretty busy but we managed to get a nice table at the back overlooking Pattaya bay, and at night oyu cant see the sea colour only hear the waves so it was quite enjoyable. It advertises itself as a cheap place, but while each dish is reasonable when you have a few it's still lands up about Bt1000 for 2. But worth it.

General food was cooked at the apartment with Tops Supermarket just beside us and Friendship not far, but outwith that Deli Diner was the favourite, good coffee there every day Americano strong with taste at Bt55, Starbucks average tasted at Bt110. Various 'specials' nightly and good regular customer base now. One night had the New Zealand lamb shank which was superb and at Bt320 well worth it. Very late night food came from WatChai with good large fish and Kao Man Gai at our favourite eaterie which also served my favourite late night food, Ga-Pok-Pa? very dark soup with chicken and mini eggs, but 'my lady' always managed to leave out the blood slices and other odd looking bits and bobs, but delicious back in the apartment with soft wholemeal bread.

Well apparently I've been rather verbose and max characters reached so will allow no more. There is more and I will post the 'rest'. Again as I said at the start these reports are not for everyone and I do them rushed especially this time as my post was cut suddenly, so if you don't care for the content just pass rather than litter the thread with petty, nit-picking and moronic banter which seems to be the norm in threads nowadays.

FarangRuMak
October 21st, 2017, 08:16
Jeez.
As reports go, that's the Mother of all Reports.
But very welcome because it brings us back to focus on what we want to know; the bars, the choice, the boys, the prices, the food, the getting around and so on.
Thanks for your refreshing interjection.

arsenal
October 21st, 2017, 08:33
Wonderful wonderful stuff Newalaan2 and the perfect antidote to Frequents 'oh look at me I'm soo clever' unnecessary and snide post on the 'His Majesty's Funeral Arrangements' thread. More more more. When you have time of course.

a447
October 21st, 2017, 09:15
Newalaan2, I'm assuming you typed "Cafe" with an acute accent. The software can't handle foreign language accents and anything typed after the accent can not be posted on the forum.

I'm glad you didn't just give up, as you have produce an epic report. It was so good that I threw away my newspaper and read it instead!

samebb
October 21st, 2017, 09:32
Great read! Thanks!

Awesome to see someone else who enjoys Tam Nan over NAB. I have had a good few amazing nights there, and like you said it's always great bumping into the gogo boys there.

joe552
October 21st, 2017, 17:36
A question, newalaan, re: New York Diner. It sounds like the kind of place I'd like to take one of my friends. Is it actually on Walking Street? I presume there's a sign outside, so shouldn't be hard to find, I hope. Thanks again for your interesting and very detailed reports.

Manforallseasons
October 21st, 2017, 18:05
A question, newalaan, re: New York Diner. It sounds like the kind of place I'd like to take one of my friends. Is it actually on Walking Street? I presume there's a sign outside, so shouldn't be hard to find, I hope. Thanks again for your interesting and very detailed reports.

Joe do get abreast of the times! Click on this link

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d8647303-Reviews-New_York_Diner-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

O.M.G. F.H. must be so jealous of all those Likes on newalaans post.:p

joe552
October 21st, 2017, 18:43
MFAS, I prefer to keep the conversation in-house - we don't want the hoi polloi to know about it. To be honest, the Tripadvisor reviews are mixed. Maybe it depends on the time of night that you go. I was thinking about 8 or 9, while the reviews mostly refer to 3am (while I'm safely tucked up in bed with my teddy bear and hot water bottle). Anyway, my friend knows his way around town, so I'll see what he thinks.

Nirish guy
October 21st, 2017, 20:16
Thanks for great report NA, very timely too as a friend and I are in the middle of debating a return trip to Phuket on our next trip after an absence of maybe 7 or 8 years.

I was concerned things had maybe declined too much since then sonewhat, but from your report there still sounds enough to entertain us for 3 or 4 days / nights there.

newalaan2
October 21st, 2017, 22:18
Newalaan2, I'm assuming you typed "Cafe" with an acute accent. The software can't handle foreign language accents and anything typed after the accent can not be posted on the forum.

Correct a447, well actually I typed in cafe and predictive text added the acute symbol which I really didn't notice as I was just rattling out 'stuff' and only go back to change something obviously wrong. It is irritating because it's not until the very end of your post you find out it's going to be cut short, I only knew about the

newalaan2
October 21st, 2017, 22:31

Yes Joe, it's very easy to find right on Walking St about half way up on RHS, has a decent size frontage and sign. I've passed it numerous times and although don't watch much TV while in Thailand, bf usually has it on and they advertise quite a bit on local TV station as a cheap quick snack/meal type restaurant. It's a big place inside and stretches right back to overlook the sea with a few nicely set tables there. Even at 3am it was very busy indeed.

Bf was happy with the Thai food there and he is fussy, especially with seafood, plenty variation on the menu and although mostly western stuff is nice for a change. It was my first visit and bf suggested it for a change as we just came out of the club on our way back to the room. He liked it, with no criticism which is unusual for him in a western style restaurant. I had 3 dishes he had 4 so not expensive per item.

arsenal
October 21st, 2017, 22:46
A lot of their dishes are crispy or require some chewing so poor Scottish won't be able to go. How tragic.

http://www.clubinsomniagroup.com/new-york-diner/

joe552
October 21st, 2017, 22:46
Is it the kind of place you'd take a friend to for dinner, or is it really for late night food? We'll probably take a chance. I especially enjoy eating on the waterfront.

Nathan B
October 21st, 2017, 23:32
Thanks for the report newalaan. So the original My Way in Patong has closed now? I was there in April, and although it was well past its heyday it was still fun.

pong
October 22nd, 2017, 02:13
Thanks from me for this very long and informative essay.
Just 1 Q arses: did you note wher most of the boys in Phuket came from? I would assume, given its proxy to its southern end tip, that many are now (also) Burmese/Myanmarese? Or perhaps even some enterprising Khmer/Cambodians?
Flew to HKT last yr with a new start-up ThaiVietJet, also from Swampy, for less as 600 bt-but I somehow think they are banned now from Thai skies due to some safety rulings. domestic airterminal one big buildingplace.

newalaan2
October 22nd, 2017, 06:00
BANGKOK.

The last part has a bit of a shocker to start with......after 18 years of travel to Thailand this was the first time I did not stay at least 2 nights at The TARNTAWAN HOTEL during a trip. We had a few days in Bkk for a change and opted to stay in apartment style lodgings as bf likes to cook his own and a bit of extra space is always nice. So we stayed at TARNTAWAN APARTMENTS virtually next door to the hotel instead this time. First time here and had a one-bed corner apartment on the 9th floor which had a nice outlook down Surawong Road. This larger corner unit was Bt2,500 a night and for the size and amenities in central Bkk surawong/silom we thought was reasonable enough. They do also have smaller Studio Apartments at about Bt1800 but they were fully booked the nights we stayed and I was unable to view one. But the Corner Units have decent size bedroom with modern furniture, comfy enough bed and bathroom off which had large shower cubicle and again was more modern than the Hotel. The lounge had kitchen area with microwave, fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster, cooker and all cooking utensils cutlery , dining table/four chairs, sofa and sofa chair, flat screen TV with over 100 channels, so well equipped. Breakfast was also included but as they don't have restaurant/caf on the premises they deliver that to the rooms I assume continental at the time you request the previous day. However we didn't have breakfast on any of the days, even at Tarntawan Hotel we rarely had breakfast. We are in Bkk for the last few days of hols and still out for late night fun with late wake up, so breakfast not required. Anyway bf prefers to rustle up his own late breakfast. They also will deliver food from Dicks with a full menu for Bt50 delivery charge. Again we preferred to take in our own so didn't use the service. We will return to Tarntawan Hotel i'm sure depending on trip schedule as bf loves it, but he also loved the apartment style rooms.

One of the nights we were there all the bars were closed due to King's passing anniversary, and it turned out to be a thundering night of torrential heavy rain, a real deluge and the first time also I have seen Suriwong Road resemble a small river. But we picked up some Heinekens and had a welcome night-in break from the early morning clubbing. But the weekend nights were busy as usual, but one stand-out oddity was the Soi Twilight Vs Soi 4/Soi 2 difference. On the Saturday night, normally very busy Soi Twilight was quiet. Even the host bars were not as full as normal and the GoGo bars were certainly very quiet. Old Solid Bar had us and a couple of other farang customers and all the time we were sat there I didn't see a single person enter X-Size across the way or Classic down the soi. In fact Dream Boys had little traffic also. Later Banana and Hotmale host bars were filling up as we headed to Soi 4.

But over on Soi 4 and 2 Silom it was completely different story as it was jam packed. Paid the new Jupiter 2018 a visit. Did visit last trip too and I remember it was Bt250 entry, but this time it was Bt280, probably because Sat night, and large plastic see-through 'tip box' kindly set up right next to cashier for you to deposit the Bt20 change from Bt300 handed at entrance for drink ticket. But really though I just don't 'get' this place as a concept for an Agogo bar. To be fair it has plenty of handsome, toned guys who the Asian customers seemed very attracted to, but the bigger, muscly type guys are not my style. But even if they were this set up is really just a Fashion Show Cat Walk rather than a Gogo bar stage as the guys appear for 2 mins strut around 'a bit' then off, most were fully clothed in 'fashion' combats and the like with even only a few topless never mind in briefs! The only thing brief about the whole thing the time they spend on stage, it is rapid fire turn around, if I was interested in offing I don't think they are on long enough to get a good look. Nevertheless, it was very busy with the 99% Asian customers who seem to like the format, but for me was just quite boring, but ok for a 'look in' and drink. Guys there definitely self centred, but very few asked down for drinks or offs. But as I say it was busy so the format must be a winner. I suppose the under Bt300 for the first drink and normal menu for subsequent drinks helps.

Onto Soi 4 to find it jam packed, in fact good waiter friend at Balcony had to pull together 2 seats and table right next to Jupiter as all tables on main terrace and that opposite full. A real mix of clientele with young straight couples, groups of straights, young gay farang couples and groups, as well as the many Chinese/Asians and but a few lone Thais and more mature gay Farangs here and there. But it had a great atmosphere not loud music but plenty chatter, waiters at both Balcony and Telephone rushed off their feet with many also enjoying a bite to eat as well as the drinks. Also sat at Connections next to the Katoey show bar and even these were very busy, lots of younger westerners coming and going. Great vibe. Back of midnight we headed to DJ Station Soi 2 to find that pretty well jam packed as well. Bt300 for 2 drink tokens as usual and all the bars were busy in the soi. Up the back stairs and found the place packed with young westerners but many young Indian guys, as well as the Chinese/Asians and a good few Thais on the look-out for a hook-up, but some in groups just enjoying the vibe. Usual tactic of Bt20 note with the drink voucher got quick service at the very busy bars, best bit was top of the rear stairs where the cages and bathrooms are, this area was full of guy dancing and interacting, so we stayed there bumping into one or two guys we knew from Pattaya, as well as approaches from Korean/Chinese guys just chatting. Closed 2am and we headed out just before that to get ahead of the masses on their way to GOD. Not too much of a Q and Bt350 for drink tokens, again busy inside with tons of fair skinned Asians the bulk of the customers, but managed to find our way around ok, and served quick enough at the bars, some real characters hang out here and lots of Thais here too looking for hook-ups....while it was good to see Soi 2/4 so busy it was a real contrast to Soi Twilight. Back to the room by 3.30am...not too bad for us!

On subsequent nights I did visit other Agogos. One was a bar I hadn't visited for years, and based on the one visit I made this time have to declare Screw Boys as the 'new' version classic boys of years gone by. I usually sit at the beerbar across from the entrance of Screw Boys at the start of an evening out with the first cool beer here as the barman/waiter is cute and very chatty, but always then go on the Soi Twilight and pass on Screw Boys. This night I was glad I did visit, drinks are a reasonable (compared to Twighlight)Bt300 and the line up of twinks was impressive, much like the Classic of 5 years+ ago. 15-20 guys in quick enough rotation of which 6 or 7 I could easily have offed if 'single'. A couple of irritating mamasans here but nothing compared to 'Classic' so that was a positive, in fcat the katoey who served me was very polite and unobtrusive. However one poor Korean/Chinese customer who looked about 20 had wandered in and was rather shy, preferring to keep his face in his iPhone with occasional looks to the stage, when he finally plucked up the courage to invite a boy over was shocked to find he had to buy the boy a drink, one of the hunkier lads however stuck with him no doubt in the hope of an off despite no drink, he chatted for a while and decide to leave, however he seemed to 'forget' he had a bin to pay, was finally persuaded to part with the Bt300, meanwhile the other katoey mamasan continued to harass the poor lad for a drink 'for me' and 'tip for me' YES you have pay me a tip! very loud and aggressively...yes! TIP FOR MEEEE! eventually the guy had enough of it and got a little enraged and finally just barged past the katoey and out, of course at which the mamasan and boy just 'laughed it off' with no idea the damage that can do. The male toilets here are at the back near the stage and one of the boys I had eye contact with was very quick to follow me in, asking about off and no need for drink if I was interested. So paid bill with no begging for tips, and gave Bt100 to very cute smiley twink on stage who chased after me when as I was heading out, keen for name and phone number which was surprising as everyone could see clearly. So yes, definitely well worth a visit, and if you liked the Classic style lads you will like the lads here. Good attitude too.

Also visited Hotmale agogo, again first for a while as it was the first time I had seen the new stage lay out. Tom on the door downstairs made sure my drink was Bt300 rather than the Bt400 clearly advertised (second drink Bt300) and enjoyed a sanmig for a change, with a fair audience for I think a Sunday when I visited, and good range of boys available. Show was ok too but didn't stay for it all. Mamasan/waiter knew from previous and was chatty but not pushy. It was actually quite busy in the host bars this night and the two Hotmale doormen had to shuffle a couple of lads for me to get a front seat, over the years these guys have been a great source of info and my passage along and in/out of the soi are gogo bar barker hassle-free thanks to them as one was doorman at Dream Boys for many years before moving to Hotmale and only takes a coffee if offered an occasional drink.

Well that's about it now! Still trying to 'get over' not staying at the Tarntawan Hotel this time for the first time and therefore unable to resurrect the Tarntawan Hotel thread.

frequent
October 22nd, 2017, 07:14
However one poor Korean/Chinese customer who looked about 20 had wandered in ...On the rare occasions I visit a gogo these days, usually because some friend is visiting from overseas and "has" to go, there's usually at least one customer who'd I'd prefer over what's on the stage in front of me. Some mamasans do acknowledge the joke when I respond to their question "Which boy you want?" by gesturing to the customer

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 07:37
Newalaan2. How could you go to Bangkok and not stay at The Tarntawan Hotel thereby not only denying our members their monthly 'fix' of any changes but also kyboshing any further chat on said changes. Very remiss of you.

samebb
October 22nd, 2017, 07:59
Do you know how wrong you are about Jupiter 2018?
I know a couple of boys who work there, and they make more money than all their friends up on Twilight. They get multiple offs a night where their friends often go days without. I am talking about low season here!

Now I don't like the venue myself. I like boys in briefs and the boys there are not my thing either. To be fair Bangkok gogos are shit. If you like gogos go Pattaya, right?

You went there for one drink and you post that there are not any "offs" and no "boy drinks".
I challange you to sit across the soi at Balcony or 4 sports bar for 2-3 hours. Just watchs the offs and see how wrong you are.
Fact is, they are the the gogo making the money right now. They are the gogo all the boys on Twilight want to work at, and many are at the gym to get a body good enough TO work there.

I realise it must be hard for you fly-by tourists to understand the day to day and week to week here, but don't make retarded sweeping statements.

I said retarded because that naughty word got my banned from the other, shit gay forum. Kinda liked that!

frequent
October 22nd, 2017, 08:45
... don't make retarded sweeping statements. Any chance of an example of a non-retarded sweeping statement?

Manforallseasons
October 22nd, 2017, 09:16
I know a couple of boys who work there, and they make more money than all their friends up on Twilight. They get multiple offs a night where their friends often go days without. I am talking about low season here!

I realise it must be hard for you fly-by tourists to understand the day to day and week to week here, but don't make retarded sweeping statements.

I said retarded because that naughty word got my banned from the other, shit gay forum. Kinda liked that!

Not quite sure which post you are referring to as for getting banned on a shit gay forum I think Moe, Larry and Curley will give you a wide bertth.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 09:34
Who's who? Just curious.
😎
😲
😇

a447
October 22nd, 2017, 09:42
Who's who? Just curious.
��
��
��

Had to look them up.

I wanna be Moe. I'm thinner than Curley and have more hair than Larry.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 09:46
We're probably closer to Laurel and Hardy. 😉 With Christian being Charlie Chaplin, the quiet one.

MiniMee
October 22nd, 2017, 10:11
If the moderators would allow this thread to return on topic......
....... we headed out just before that to get ahead of the masses on their way to GOD. Not too much of a Q and Bt350 for drink tokens, again busy inside with tons of fair skinned Asians the bulk of the customers, but managed to find our way around ok, and served quick enough at the bars, some real characters hang out here and lots of Thais here too looking for hook-ups....while it was good to see Soi 2/4 so busy it was a real contrast to Soi Twilight. OMG you went to GOD?! I believe it only reopened on Friday 13th Oct after more than a year of closure (I can

MiniMee
October 22nd, 2017, 10:13
If the moderators would allow this thread to return on topic......
....... we headed out just before that to get ahead of the masses on their way to GOD. Not too much of a Q and Bt350 for drink tokens, again busy inside with tons of fair skinned Asians the bulk of the customers, but managed to find our way around ok, and served quick enough at the bars, some real characters hang out here and lots of Thais here too looking for hook-ups....while it was good to see Soi 2/4 so busy it was a real contrast to Soi Twilight. OMG you went to GOD?! I believe it only reopened on Friday 13th Oct after more than a year of closure (I cant quite remember when it closed) So you were very lucky to be there on Saturday. How is the new place? Any improvements or is it much the same as before?

francois
October 22nd, 2017, 12:29
If the moderators would allow this thread to return on topic.....

Little chance of that, MiniMee!

dinagam
October 22nd, 2017, 16:41
Blame it on short attention spans.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 20:34
The moderators thank all concerned members for their invaluable advice.

colmx
October 23rd, 2017, 01:25
Great report NewAlaan, really appreciate all the effort that went into writing it... especially after you lost part of the report die to the bug on the boards software that truncates posts after characters and accents it doesn't like!

Funnily enough, whilst you didn't visit Tarntawan for the first time in years... we stayed there for the first time in around 10 years last month!
We won't be back though, had to change room due to toilet not working and the second room had a broken down AC unit that rattled all night and had 2 temperature options ( Icebox or Sweatbox)

Glad you enjoyed Phuket and C&N ghosts didn't ruin it! I am looking forward to another Phuket trip soon... but BF is not a big fan... and prefers Phnom Penh these days for a side trip

Did you notice whether TumNanIssan have sorted out their Aircon issues?

gerefan2
October 23rd, 2017, 01:29

The dripping air cons around the side of the place?

No problem if you are aware... Just sit in the centre of the place!

colmx
October 23rd, 2017, 01:41
The dripping air cons around the side of the place?

No problem if you are aware... Just sit in the centre of the place!

Problem that I observed is that they turn off or slow down the AC units to stop the dripping, and as a result some of the tables in the middle can be sweltering... They need some gigantic London Underground type fans to get the air moving!

NAB on the other hand can be freezing on the nights when they don't get a full house (which happens more and more these days!)

newalaan2
October 23rd, 2017, 02:16
Great report NewAlaan, really appreciate all the effort that went into writing it... especially after you lost part of the report die to the bug on the boards software that truncates posts after characters and accents it doesn't like!

Funnily enough, whilst you didn't visit Tarntawan for the first time in years... we stayed there for the first time in around 10 years last month!
We won't be back though, had to change room due to toilet not working and the second room had a broken down AC unit that rattled all night and had 2 temperature options ( Icebox or Sweatbox)

Glad you enjoyed Phuket and C&N ghosts didn't ruin it! I am looking forward to another Phuket trip soon... but BF is not a big fan... and prefers Phnom Penh these days for a side trip

Funny you should mention aircon at TNI. We did notice that they haven't in fact sorted out the Aircon issue. But I was unaware in advance as nobody mentioned anything about previous problems, even though some of our crowd must have been aware. One of the nights went with bf, bfs friend and his farang bf, one of the lads who owns Oscars (his first visit!), usually we opt for a table on the higher level around the side, but we decided to be in the thick of it, and it started with a 'are you a bit hot or is it just me?' type conversation before we realised the aircons were inadequate, not sure how far it was into the proceedings it was until we noticed, or indeed what we did about it, probably just got on with it and used toilet trips to get some air.

C&N Hotel was just fine, glad I took up your recommendation. Not sure what your bf dislikes about Patong/Phuket, for 3-4 days there's plenty there, of course depending on what you like to do. I didn't mention in my trip report but one of our long time friends from Chic bar knows a few smaller clubs/discos and apart from the Paradise offerings and the main mixed bars/clubs we still found smaller places with gay/mixed/tom-dee thais off the beaten track, but I can never remember where they are or names so leave them out of the report. But we'll be back at some point too.

Regarding Tarntawan, yes some of the rooms now need attention, but fortunately because we've been so regular over the years no matter what type/cost room I book we always get upgraded to Surawong rooms which are always just fine and never any problems. What the future holds there can't be predicted.

newalaan2
October 23rd, 2017, 02:24
Thanks for the report newalaan. So the original My Way in Patong has closed now? I was there in April, and although it was well past its heyday it was still fun.

Apparently closed for renovation, but i'm sure I saw a sale/rent sign somewhere on the building, or one of the Chic lads hinted that it was 'unlikely' it would ever be tarted up as the bossman has enough on his plate with Zag, but just gossip. But surprisingly the 'temporary' home in Spartacus was ok, obviously tiny compared to the original but raunchy show and good attitude from the available boys there. Drinks reasonable at Bt150 for most.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 02:52
If you to go Tam Nan wanting cool air and a smart environment go to NAB instead, it's not the place for you. You won't be hot, but all those rich Thai boys won't pay you a moments notice. You will arrive and leave alone (or with the people you arrives with) most of the time.

Go to Tam Nan Issan, forget about getting hot a sweaty. Forget about the cockroaches on the floor.
Open a bottle of red lable, or 2. Invite every cute boy over. Dance, kiss, flirt the night away and give them boys as much as they want.
If you are a good guy, I guarantee you won't go home alone.
Also, you would have to be quite gross or unlikable for them to charge you for anything that happens in the bedroom. I have never been charged. That's why I love the place.

Lack off air-con means tshirts come off. Sticky bodies with hot boys. Can't ask for more! And yeah, who sits at the side? Get in the middle of the action. I need to get some videos off my phone. Some hot stuff. Maybe I will put on YouTube!

Alex303
October 23rd, 2017, 03:15
SamBB did you ever stop to consider your lecturing people who have been coming to LOS for nearly 20 years in many cases, perhaps you might want to re-evaluate the tone of some of your posts.

ColmX pretty much lives at TNI & TNC in his evenings in Patts, so I'm fairly confident he knows the drill...the AC thing has been going on for ages and last time we were all there along with the Mamasan from Toyboys (not to mention a load of their boys after work who asked to join us) plus Mamasan from Powerboys they too were grumbling about it. Never seen it stop the fun, just makes it a tad harder work.

newalaan2
October 23rd, 2017, 03:31
If you to go Tam Nan wanting cool air and a smart environment go to NAB instead, it's not the place for you. You won't be hot, but all those rich Thai boys won't pay you a moments notice. You will arrive and leave alone (or with the people you arrives with) most of the time.

Go to Tam Nan Issan, forget about getting hot a sweaty. Forget about the cockroaches on the floor.
Open a bottle of red lable, or 2. Invite every cute boy over. Dance, kiss, flirt the night away and give them boys as much as they want.
If you are a good guy, I guarantee you won't go home alone.
Also, you would have to be quite gross or unlikable for them to charge you for anything that happens in the bedroom. I have never been charged. That's why I love the place.

Lack off air-con means tshirts come off. Sticky bodies with hot boys. Can't ask for more! And yeah, who sits at the side? Get in the middle of the action. I need to get some videos off my phone. Some hot stuff. Maybe I will put on YouTube!

You are totally clueless. Who said anything about cool air? and everyone who goes there knows its not a smart environment, I've been going there for years multiple times a year...and you... a newbie or what? It's not about 'cool' air that's never been the case with TNI, but it's never been overly hot over the years, just right temp.... it's about NOT being sweltering hot and that's what Colmx was referring to, just ask all those 'free' boys who 'drool' after you, they'll put you right about what's acceptable and what isn't in TNI.

And how the fuck do you know WHO the rich boys pay a moments notice to? you are deluded if you think everybody has the same experiences as YOU.

The boys prefer Blend to Red, the TNI drink of choice. But they will put up with Red when a sponsor is on the go, how kind of you. Clearly you've a lot to learn. Don't worry you'll pick it up eventually.

NOBODY gets charged! jeez......you either 'help' with the rent or not, expectation is even for a newbie like you to 'help' with the rent, just because they don't ask next morning don't mean they wouldn't appreciate....yet some like to take advantage of working boys....sad really, where the fuck do you think they get the money to 'live'?.....oh yes...'somebody else' not so tight-fisted.

It's TNI you fool the 'action' is EVERYWHERE, haven't you noticed? And please do put on youtube it will be great to see what an impressive farang specimen you are.

joe552
October 23rd, 2017, 04:07
I think I went to TNI once (I'm not really a late night person) with a boy I'd taken to Koh Chang, and a few of his friends, and his sister. We were drinking beer towers, as I don't drink whiskey anymore. I'm just thinking it might be a fun place to end my birthday night with my friend from Si Saket. That's assuming I'm not overcome with jet lag! If I remember right, it's about 15 minutes north of Boyztown, to the right of 2nd road. Would that be the place? I'm sure my friend will know, and enjoy an evening away from his missus.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:04
I guess I should be thankful I haven't been going to these venues so long that I'm too old the enjoy them.

I will enjoy my youth. You complainers can enjoy your coffins.
If you don't like my tone, don't read my posts. Nobody is forcing you.

I replied to a moaner. Moaners piss me off. If you don't like something, move on.

Thanks!

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:05
I think I went to TNI once (I'm not really a late night person) with a boy I'd taken to Koh Chang, and a few of his friends, and his sister. We were drinking beer towers, as I don't drink whiskey anymore. I'm just thinking it might be a fun place to end my birthday night with my friend from Si Saket. That's assuming I'm not overcome with jet lag! If I remember right, it's about 15 minutes north of Boyztown, to the right of 2nd road. Would that be the place? I'm sure my friend will know, and enjoy an evening away from his missus.

That's the place mate!

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:16
You are totally clueless. Who said anything about cool air? and everyone who goes there knows its not a smart environment, I've been going there for years multiple times a year...and you... a newbie or what? It's not about 'cool' air that's never been the case with TNI, but it's never been overly hot over the years, just right temp.... it's about NOT being sweltering hot and that's what Colmx was referring to, just ask all those 'free' boys who 'drool' after you, they'll put you right about what's acceptable and what isn't in TNI.

And how the fuck do you know WHO the rich boys pay a moments notice to? you are deluded if you think everybody has the same experiences as YOU.

The boys prefer Blend to Red, the TNI drink of choice. But they will put up with Red when a sponsor is on the go, how kind of you. Clearly you've a lot to learn. Don't worry you'll pick it up eventually.

NOBODY gets charged! jeez......you either 'help' with the rent or not, expectation is even for a newbie like you to 'help' with the rent, just because they don't ask next morning don't mean they wouldn't appreciate....yet some like to take advantage of working boys....sad really, where the fuck do you think they get the money to 'live'?.....oh yes...'somebody else' not so tight-fisted.

It's TNI you fool the 'action' is EVERYWHERE, haven't you noticed? And please do put on youtube it will be great to see what an impressive farang specimen you are.

Enjoy your multiple trips a year, coffin dodger.
I will enjoy living here, decades behind your sloth ass lol.

Yeah my experience is different. Because I am not an old decrepid. It's a lot more fun when you are the same age as the boys, and not some ATM skeleton for them to leach off.

Fuck off lol. You make me laugh. If you see my come say hi. I will make you a drink. Might pour it over your head though. LOL

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:20
last time we were all there along with the Mamasan from Toyboys (not to mention a load of their boys after work who asked to join us) plus Mamasan from Powerboys they too were grumbling about it.

Yup. It takes a really weak man to start name dropping to prove a point. You make me laugh.
Do you know who I am? What I have? Who I know?
NO you don't.

You don't know, because I have no reason to try boast to the likes of you. You really are pathetic. I pitty you, greatly.

colmx
October 23rd, 2017, 06:23
Fuck off lol. You make me laugh. If you see my come say hi. I will make you a drink. Might pour it over your head though. LOL
You really shouldn't be posting when you are drunk, it makes you look like a fool

No wonder you were banned from the other board with your attitude...How long before you threaten one (or more) of us with GBH like you did on the other board?

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:28
You really shouldn't be posting when you are drunk, it makes you look like a fool

No wonder you were banned from the other board with your attitude...How long before you threaten one (or more) of us with GBH like you did on the other board?

Right now, I want to punch you.

Not drunk. Just woke up drinking my morning coffee.

GBH? As in the UK crime of grievous bodily harm? Well no. Pouring liquid over a persons head, if in the UK would be common assault.

Don't post when you are drunk my friend. You look like a fool. You can't even quote laws correctly from the UK and you think that applies to people in Thailand, making you more foolish and drunk.

colmx
October 23rd, 2017, 06:30
Don't post when you are drunk my friend. You look like a fool. You can't even quote laws correctly from the UK and you think that applies to people in Thailand, making you more foolish and drunk.

Are you staying that you didn't threaten to "punch the lights" out of 2 people over on the Gay Thailand board?

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:33
Are you staying that you didn't threaten to "punch the lights" out of 2 people over on the Gay Thailand board?

I am "STATING" that I never said that. Punch the lights out? of 2 people? No. I can confirm I never said that.

On GayThailand I DID state that I would bottle a guy who abuses money boys, makes them cry, scams them and posts lies about them online.

I also said I would blow smoke in the face of some dick who said he wanted to assault people who smoke in gogo bars. Gogos who ALLOW smoking.

Can you pull quotes, or are you talking out of your prolapsed asshole?
Thanks!

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 06:39

I have probably seen you in there. Probably laughed at you with the boys. Will continue to do so.
You can have a lot of fun when you learn Thai and are a similar age to the boys.

newalaan2
October 23rd, 2017, 07:16

Now I don't like the venue myself. I like boys in briefs and the boys there are not my thing either. To be fair Bangkok gogos are shit. If you like gogos go Pattaya, right?

You went there for one drink and you post that there are not any "offs" and no "boy drinks".
I challange you to sit across the soi at Balcony or 4 sports bar for 2-3 hours. Just watchs the offs and see how wrong you are.
Fact is, they are the the gogo making the money right now. They are the gogo all the boys on Twilight want to work at, and many are at the gym to get a body good enough TO work there.

Well there are a couple ways I can reply to your bullshit, either ignore your ignorant attitude and keep it polite or give back the same offensive shit, and since you set the bar...I've opted for the latter, I kinda like that. Got to laugh at your drama-queen hissy fit though...a classic! But you need to clam down lad! you've got yourself into a right old tizzy. Clearly you're not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree. So let's just add in a dose of FACTS to your false, inaccurate and misquoted nonsense.

I am not wrong about Jupiter 2018, I am absolutely spot-on. I just wish the knee-jerk half-wits like you would READ the fucking post, then engage your brain and absorb the info, not twist it into what you 'thought' you read. My post was an observation of the period of time that I (i.e. ME not you!) was IN Jupiter, it is a true, accurate and factual account of what I saw while there. I couldn't give a flying-fuck that you 'happen' to know all of 'two boys' who get 'multiple' (that's several each and every night...yeah right!) it's irrelevant to the timescale I spent in the bar.

YOU claim...inaccurately...that 'in a retarded sweeping statement' I said there were NOT ANY offs and NO boy drinks. Complete fabrication and utter bullshit. What I DID say was...that while I was there during the time it took me to enjoy my drink there were VERY FEW boys asked down for drinks or offs.....and while I was there that was the case whether you like it or not sunshine. VERY FEW is NOT the same as NOT ANY or NONE you dope.

This 'fly-by tourist' has been there, done it for the past 18 years, done the Bkk scene to death, I want/need Bkk in small doses now, while you are still a wide-eyed newbie being unwarily led down the paths the boys want to take you, all the big talk about NOT tipping taxi drivers and in the very next breath you say you do tip 'awesome drivers'.

You are a clown, many others here too not just me, have been there, done it when there was a REAL scene to negotiate not the remnants of a bye-gone era you are left with, and we've come out the other side with experience, thai friends and tons of contacts. You are a fool of contradictions and you can't see it. You apparently don't pay for boys, but you DO pay for the drinks... one or two Reds when Blend would do 'just fine' you only tip taxi drivers change from Bt20s as does EVERYFUCKINGBODY in Bkk, that's all they expect, but then again you DO tip 'awesome' one's and even pay them into DJ and karaokes. You need to wise-up...when I played around in Bkk the taxi was paid by the clubs we visited in commission. We paid nowt.

The more you blather on the more most of us just think....yeah yeah been there, seen it, done it, But DO carry on ...it's entertaining in some weird kind of way. And by the way I find you as intimidating as Ice-Cream Ka from Dong Tan beach.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 07:26
To be honest I don't have the energy to reply to you in full. Who would?

Let's just agree I will enjoy myself, and you can also. I will just have a lot more time to do so, right?
Just because someone has been coming to Thailand 20 years, am I suppose to care? Are you going to tell me war stories? Nope! Just how the same shit happened when you still had enough energy in you to do more than drag your sorry ass down as soi at 0.5 km/h. Probaly you were one of those old school Sunee Plaza guys we hear about. The ones who should be in prison. Not the same as the good old days huh? With the little ones?

Give me a break.
Type your shit. Feel powerful, feel like you may have offended me.
I just sit here in fits of laugher. The bitterness from your pathetic ass LOL.

A fart in an elevator is more offensive than you. It's also more entertaining. That should tell you something, COCK WAND!

Smiles
October 23rd, 2017, 07:27
Well well ... not much to say after that luscious tirade (Newallaan2's that is), except: :dirol_mini::eek:

" ... I just sit here in fits of laugher ... "
Whenever I see someone actually writing down statements like this I always think that in fact the author's real feelings are exactly the opposite: rather like Donald's Trump's avalanche of daily lies.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 07:31
Well well ... not much to say after that luscious tirade (Newallaan2's that is), except: :dirol_mini::eek:

And yet, we have newalaan2 talking about the "bye-gone era" of Pattaya. The times you can google about. When his type where playing with Children. It's not me saying this, any google search brings this up.

I am VERY happy I wasn't around back then. You making it sound like a negative that I wasn't is just vile.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 07:48
rather like Donald's Trump's avalanche of daily lies.

Trump is great. MAGA.

I'm not even American. I love Trump. I love he triggers you little snowflakes also. I wan't to visit the wall when it's complete. Would make a great selfie!

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 07:49
Samebb, be very careful. You are skating on very thin ice.

Smiles
October 23rd, 2017, 08:01
Please a447 ... there has already been one banning on this board lately. A Moderator making threats to specific Members is a massive slippery slope.

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 08:12
You see it as a threat" whereas I see my comments as a warning - a warning that posts may be edited in accordance with the rules.

Unfortunately, the rules are sometimes imprecise.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 08:27
If I must be banned, then so be it.

Creepy skeletors boasting about "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" when Pattaya was a haven for ... well... Criminals. ... I guess if that type are not banned we all have some moral questions to ask ourselves.

I was invited to post here. I don't give a shit either way ladies.
If I am banned, I will be the guy laughing at you on a soi near you soon!

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 08:30

With much respect... Do you think I care? I am invited here and all I find are grumpy old men full of shit, or simply just decrepid to have any form of memory or perception of any given situation?

Do as you will. Pop that Ice in my Chang will you? Thanks!

Smiles
October 23rd, 2017, 08:32
" ... Creepy skeletors boasting about "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" when Pattaya was a haven for ... well... Criminals. ... "
That would be Australia, not Pattaya.
Pattaya is a haven for black snowflakes, like yourself. Emphasis on the "flake".

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 08:41
That would be Australia, not Pattaya.
Pattaya is a haven for black snowflakes, like yourself. Emphasis on the "flake".

Yes yes ... You are correct.
We met many times, you know me well. LOL
Eat shit :)

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 08:41
If I must be banned, then so be it.

Who mentioned banning you?

Creepy skeletors boasting about "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" when Pattaya was a haven for ... well... Criminals. ... I guess if that type are not banned we all have some moral questions to ask ourselves.

Your suggestion that one of our members was "probably" involved in sex with under-age boys suggests that you have some moral questions to ask yourself.

I was invited to post here

Anyone can post here - no invitation required.

Manforallseasons
October 23rd, 2017, 08:42
Criminals. ... I guess if that type are not banned we all have some moral questions to ask ourselves.
I was invited to post here. I don't give a shit either way ladies.
If I am banned, I will be the guy laughing at you on a soi near you soon![/QUOTE]samebb

Who invited you? I think the moderators should grant your wish, you mean fuck all here as a new member and your contribution is an attack on seasoned members, close the door on the way out!

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 08:49
I was invited by a member here after my ban from another forum for asking a person if he was a RETARD. For the record, I have seen that dribbling cunt on Soi Twilight. Retard would be a compliment. A trip to the Swiss for a dose euthanasia would be a blessing for many.

I never knew this site existed till I was told to join up, as a thread was created about my "banning". I was contacted on Planet Romeo, would you believe. Only Farang I have EVER replied to!

Some of you guys really do post without any conscious thought or research. It's sad to see the internet fall to these standards.

arsenal
October 23rd, 2017, 08:56
We're grateful you have arrived to get these 'standards' back up to their rightful place.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 09:04
We're grateful you have arrived to get these 'standards' back up to their rightful place.

I didn't arrive to do anything. I am happy to contribute and provide knowledge from both Bangkok and Pattaya, of which I spend my time in-between. If a ban hammer comes, then so be it. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

But when I see blatant bullshit posted by "visitors" I will call it out, and correct there mistakes. I am not a fly by "CUSTOMER". Many of the boys who work in the bars are actually friends of mine. We go away together, we drink together, sometimes more. With them money doesn't change hands. Again nobody here, aside from 1 or 2 people who I am friends with in person has any idea who I am. They don't know what I do. They have no idea who I know. Sure I know bar owners. Don't need to boast about it.

Believe what you will, do as you will. At the end of the day it all comes down to the fun "WE ALL" have while in Thailand. Just don't assume or post lies.

And yes, if you attack me, I will attack back. I'm English, we bite.

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 09:14
One man's "blatant bullshit" is another man's experience on the night. Although the overall situation may not change, the actual experience is often different, depending on when you visit.

I'd have thought a man who purports to know so much about the "scene" would be aware of that.

joe552
October 23rd, 2017, 09:29
samebb, you come across to me as a sad and lonely man. Why all the aggression? If you're happy to post information on Bangkok and Pattaya, do it. There's no need to be a dickhead.

bobsaigon2
October 23rd, 2017, 09:45
What a Monday! Haven't seen so many posts before appearing in one day and containing such controversy, name calling, strife. I Googled "Anger Management for Gay Men". All sorts of resources available online. :)

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 09:47
samebb, you come across to me as a sad and lonely man. Why all the aggression? If you're happy to post information on Bangkok and Pattaya, do it. There's no need to be a dickhead.

To be totally honest, I am not sad or lonely. A few years ago I was. "All work and no play makes samebb a dull boy".
Do I get stressed and need to vent sometimes? YUP!!! .. Maybe you are on the receiving end of that.

My points still stand. Berate me as you wish. One thing I do have is a very hard skin :)

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 10:08
samebb, you have berated newalaan2, accusing him of telling lies, when, in fact, all he was doing was reporting here exactly what he experienced. He does not have a reputation for lying.

His nights out differ from yours - it doesn't mean either of you is lying.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 10:18
samebb, you have berated newalaan2, accusing him of telling lies, when, in fact, all he was doing was reporting here exactly what he experienced. He does not have a reputation for lying.

His nights out differ from yours - it doesn't mean either of you is lying.

He said boys don't get "OFFED".
He didn't say "the night I was there they didn't"

Hence my objection. Maybe he had some form of animosity towards said establishment. Who knows? I can only tell you what I know from spending time with boys who work there (OUTSIDE OF WORK HOURS) , and what they tell me. You can add that to what I see from times in there and my regular observations sitting nearby and watching the doorway activity.

Smiles
October 23rd, 2017, 10:29
Beachlover? 'Les Revenants'.
Thick skin my ass. :crazy_mini:

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 10:31

That issue has already been addressed in post #51.

If somebody is reporting on a night they were in a bar, then it is not unreasonable to suggest they mean "the night I was there."

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 11:01
That issue has already been addressed in post #51.

If somebody is reporting on a night they were in a bar, then it is not unreasonable to suggest they mean "the night I was there."

Ok. If one reads it that way, I will agree it's possible. Not for everyone mind.

My other points still stand. Thanks!

bobsaigon2
October 23rd, 2017, 11:04
Beachlover returns? No, this one is real, known to at least one reliable source on GT. If it were a resurrected Beachlover, he would be staying at five star hotels and would be transported in his friend's Bentley.

newalaan2
October 23rd, 2017, 11:10
BANGKOK

Hence my objection. Maybe he had some form of animosity towards said establishment. Who knows? I can only tell you what I know from spending time with boys who work there (OUTSIDE OF WORK HOURS) , and what they tell me. You can add that to what I see from times in there and my regular observations sitting nearby and watching the doorway activity.

Paid the new Jupiter 2018 a visit. ok for a look in and a drink. Guys there definitely self centred, but very few asked down for drinks or offs

I'm going to stick with this cause he's an irritating (and i'll use one of his very own insults) cock wand! and also because I haven't heard it for a while and it's funny.

For fucksake I'm having to quote my own post just to prove a point to a stubborn prick. How else would I be able to report that I saw "only very few get asked down for drinks and offs" if I wasn't there on the night you clown. And AGAIN I did not say "boys didn't get OFFED" I said 'VERY FEW'. Is English your first language? because you appear to be having great difficulty with comprehension.

AND yet we also have you misquoting me regarding 'the bye gone era' YOU wrongly attribute it to Pattaya, and blathering on about Pattaya, sunee but it was clearly about BANGKOK, how do I know that? well it is contained in a reply to the post about FUCKING BANGKOK. As I say, just read what's there and stop making up this shit. Your snappy, growling, aggressive barking cuts NO ICE here. Try something else, you are a boring obnoxious little shit. I've spent more than enough time on you. Go bark at somebody who gives a fuck. You are a nobody.

bobsaigon2
October 23rd, 2017, 11:53
What's wrong sam? Run out of appropriate responses to Newallan? Need to attack someone so you go after people who Like someone else? Maybe just need to spend some time refining your social skills.

Have a nice day.

joe552
October 23rd, 2017, 11:55
Jeez, first you concede that you could have been wrong about newalaan's posts, so now you turn your anger onto bob. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Alex303
October 23rd, 2017, 12:26
Errr yeah...as I am in my very early 40's SamBB I don't think I require a coffin just yet...

As to your comments we also don't need to read your particular brand of offensive and vile posts on here...although reading you latest contributions its pretty clear your still a Child (at least mentally) with some way to go before you become a man.

I guess I should be thankful I haven't been going to these venues so long that I'm too old the enjoy them.

I will enjoy my youth. You complainers can enjoy your coffins.
If you don't like my tone, don't read my posts. Nobody is forcing you.

I replied to a moaner. Moaners piss me off. If you don't like something, move on.

Thanks!

Alex303
October 23rd, 2017, 12:33
From an attention seeker like yourself SamBB that's really too funny for words....Errr no and no again, both those mamasans are FRIENDS of mine and we regularly go out together.

Your condescending comments suggested that only farang's had issue with the heat in TNI, my point was that your wrong...that's something you seem to excel at though...being wrong...

Yup. It takes a really weak man to start name dropping to prove a point. You make me laugh.
Do you know who I am? What I have? Who I know?
NO you don't.

You don't know, because I have no reason to try boast to the likes of you. You really are pathetic. I pitty you, greatly.

Manforallseasons
October 23rd, 2017, 12:58
Moe, Larry & Curley....for Christ sake do something...off with his head!

I suspect you cannot make this decission it needs to go to a higher authority!

https://youtu.be/OqCTq3EeDcY

a447
October 23rd, 2017, 14:15
Maybe just need to spend some time refining your social skills.

And, as you suggested earlier, look into anger management.

bobsaigon2
October 23rd, 2017, 14:34
Seems like the virulent anti-Bob post has been deleted.

Anyway, this should be of help to sam. It's a classic: https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 15:55
Some respect to the cockhead who is so quick to delete my posts. You actually have my respect for being so pro-active.
Not sure why you are protecting this gang of weirdos though. Community support managers can earn a great deal in the real world.
Ya' know. Away from these creatures.

arsenal
October 23rd, 2017, 15:59
That one can stay.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 16:10
That one can stay.

Oh I see. You are the asshat deleting my posts.

Funny. Why haven't you banned me? Guess I will keep you busy till you do :)

arsenal
October 23rd, 2017, 16:13
Do you have to? I'm busy cooking. Roast duck breast with oyster sauce, potato and gherkin salad and peas in vinaigrette.

samebb
October 23rd, 2017, 16:15
do you have to? I'm busy cooking. Roast duck breast with oyster sauce, potato and gherkin salad and peas in vinaigrette.

up to you na

christianpfc
October 23rd, 2017, 17:38
I am not a fly by "CUSTOMER". Many of the boys who work in the bars are actually friends of mine. We go away together, we drink together, sometimes more. With them money doesn't change hands.
I believe it when I see it.

I can only laugh. They are your friends. To them, your the senile old men financing them. Good for them! Haha.
Pot-kettle-black?

newalaan2
October 23rd, 2017, 23:06
If the moderators would allow this thread to return on topic......OMG you went to GOD?! I believe it only reopened on Friday 13th Oct after more than a year of closure (I cant quite remember when it closed) So you were very lucky to be there on Saturday. How is the new place? Any improvements or is it much the same as before?

I know! It was a pure fluke and we really didn't cotton-on as it's been closed so long, even when passing obviously gay lads heading out of the Soi 2 area as we approached, we just thought DJ was maybe closing early so on finding Soi 2 and DJ were open more or less forgot about it until a Korean guy started chatting in DJ and said he was off there next.

It was great because we were in the mood for big last night out before thinking about heading home, on the detail? Well I remember the usual (small) Q at the normal door, Bt350 for the drinks tickets, it was packed inside and dark as usual so you tend to just concentrate on finding a bar which is not packed. We are always pretty slugged by the time we hit GOD and give little notice to surroundings, I remember the toilets on second floor same as, view over dance floor, same as...although this night there were a good number of 'normal' Thai guys on the stage rather than the showy, fit muscly lads who normally commandeer it.

So didn't notice much difference really. Hope it's open for good though, 2am at DJ is a bit sharp if you're in the mood for more. Jam packed, but it was Saturday night as you said. *was it colder than usual on the second floor? I'll have to check with bf on that one, but I do seem to recall.......something about coolness.

colmx
October 24th, 2017, 00:53
NewAlaan:
Now that hurricane Ophelia has passed... Did you ever get to visit The Mask Club or Tawang Daeng Variety when you were in Pattaya?
I don't see much advertising for the maskon Facebook at the moment... so I presume it has closed already?
(although they were calling it a "soft opening" before - so maybe they are busy tuning things in preparation for high season!)

Any feedback from your gang on Tawang Daeng Variety?

newalaan2
October 24th, 2017, 02:06
NewAlaan:
Now that hurricane Ophelia has passed... Did you ever get to visit The Mask Club or Tawang Daeng Variety when you were in Pattaya?
I don't see much advertising for the maskon Facebook at the moment... so I presume it has closed already?
(although they were calling it a "soft opening" before - so maybe they are busy tuning things in preparation for high season!)

Any feedback from your gang on Tawang Daeng Variety?

Only visited Mask on 2nd night of Pattaya visit after Morlam, as I said it was difficult to find and at 1.30am not yet going. We didn't try again for, basically the same reason we didn't try new Tawan Daeng Variety. During this visit the uncertainty of how long places were to be allowed to open wasn't as cut and dry as usual, even on non-Buddhist/king nights. So the feeling was go where we know to be certain or not travel too far like Walking St (TNI was ok as that is subject to numerous hotlines).

I certainly would have been 'up' for the Tawan Daeng Variety but absolutely NO feed back from boys or band members of the bands around Pattaya. I felt priviledged just to have been able to make it Kon La Fan, and even after very successful first visit early on, too much humming and hawing when mentioned again, and there was always 'somewhere else'. You'll have to take on the burden of virgin visit at Variety! and as you're a 'pro' your nose will take you to Mask eyes closed.

FarangRuMak
October 24th, 2017, 07:50
I came to Thailand when I was in my early 50's and that's about 12 years ago.
I have to tell y'all that my sex life improved every single year since then.
This was & is a total surprise to me.
And it was not always about money which surprises me even more.
I have NO NEED Whatsoever to join the "ingroup" gay club scene when I can wine and dine far more handsome boys in my condo or hotel room than I would ever meet in these Trendy Faggot Discos.
Roll on 2018.

latintopxxx
October 24th, 2017, 11:40
I gotta agree with frm...in thailand i have no need to go to the in bar/night club or have a circle of A+ friends...the best quality companions are available on grindr...and if one is really lazy....pop into the nearest gogo...so much talent available 24/7...only Brazil comes close..especially small town Brazil

Manforallseasons
October 24th, 2017, 13:48
The only reason a falang goes to these places is because the sissboy with the falang insists or the falang will have to endure the infamous sissyboy sulk.

latintopxxx
October 24th, 2017, 15:03
oh dear that is an evil sulk

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 15:43
So you recognise that look, latintop? None of the boys I've been with over the years ever had that expression on their faces.

latintopxxx
October 24th, 2017, 16:04
well if something like that showed up after pretending it looked like keanu reeves...then yes...i would boot it out of my room...and yes it would throw a sulk just like that

newalaan2
October 24th, 2017, 18:09
I came to Thailand when I was in my early 50's and that's about 12 years ago.
I have to tell y'all that my sex life improved every single year since then.
This was & is a total surprise to me.
And it was not always about money which surprises me even more.
I have NO NEED Whatsoever to join the "ingroup" gay club scene when I can wine and dine far more handsome boys in my condo or hotel room than I would ever meet in these Trendy Faggot Discos.
Roll on 2018.

I have absolutely NO NEED either. NEED doesn't come into it. It's just one of the many things in Thailand not available back in Farangland which I PREFER to CHOOSE to do when in Thailand. While I do visit music venues back home they are different so I enjoy visiting the clubs, music venues all over Thailand because many of the places encompass what I (that is ME as opposed to bf, friends and you) like to do in my holiday/spare time.

And of course there are probably numerically FAR FAR MORE, probably FAR FAR MORE handsome boys there than can found 'wining and dining' in your condo. But just as well you don't visit 'Trendy Faggot discos' to pick up all those far more handsome boys as you clearly don't understand what they are really about. If by Trendy Faggot Discos you mean the 'ordinary' clubs and music venues we are actually discussing here, they are not really places solely to pick-up/meet far more handsome boys, they are places to simply have fun and enjoy the atmosphere/music, if you do happen to meet someone, all well and good but that is not really their purpose to Thais. They are places to let loose, wind-down, relax and enjoy.

But if you don't even understand what they are or their purpose then I agree, don't waste your time going there because as you say why would you even bother if all those far more handsome boys are already sitting at your dining table, napkin all tucked-in waiting for all that 'wine and dine', sounds far too exciting for me to handle on my holidays anyway so I'll just stick with the clubs and music venues. I can do the wine/dine thing to my hearts content back in Farangland, Thailand offers up some things different to that for me, so yes I agree.....role on 2018 as I'm already booked for a month in February.

By the way MFAS, i'm pretty sure that's a 'Tom' pount as in 'female lesbian' pout as opposed to boy/femme boy pout, but of course I could be wrong as you are somewhat of an expert in these 'pout' things.

Nirish guy
October 24th, 2017, 19:16
.....handsome boys are already sitting at your dining table, napkin all tucked-in waiting for all that 'wine and dine' .

Yeah because we all know just HOW much the average Thai guy "genuinely" enjoys sitting at a formal table playing being a stuffy farang. Especially when they know that they could be out having fun and a genuinely good time with their friends or other like minded Farang somewhere that they feel more at ease.

So, yep, good luck with the napkins at the table thing. I've sat at too many of those tables with stogie old farang who think they are being generous treating their Thai BF to a special night out ( or worse still forcing their Thai BF to endure the night so that the Farang enjoys himself !). Meanwhile all the Thai boy and I are actually doing is waiting on the boring old fart to go to bed early after his large night cap of port so that we can both go out and have some REAL fun elsewhere.

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 23:31
I have to agree with the last couple of posts. The guys we interact with are uncomfortable in such places, and prefer to eat on the street. That's why I've given my friend the option to choose where we eat for his special dinnerl

Manforallseasons
October 24th, 2017, 23:53
I have to agree with the last couple of posts. The guys we interact with are uncomfortable in such places, and prefer to eat on the street. That's why I've given my friend the option to choose where we eat for his special dinnerl

It is generally a nightmare taking a Thai boy to a good restaurant. They will be late and often say sorry but I not hungry......I often see falangs eating with boys and hardly a word is exchanged.....afterall you have zero in common.

bobsaigon2
October 25th, 2017, 00:07
I think the "fine dining" that is most appreciated by our friends would be MK, or if they are slightly more sophisticated, maybe Fuji. Or that chain of Issan type food restaurants -- name escapes me at the moment -- Yam seb? Anyway, the point is that the guys are not going to feel comfortable unless most of the other diners are Thai, eating Thai food.

Brad the Impala
October 25th, 2017, 00:21
It is generally a nightmare taking a Thai boy to a good restaurant. They will be late and often say sorry but I not hungry......I often see falangs eating with boys and hardly a word is exchanged.....afterall you have zero in common.

You have LIFE in common, well perhaps not you.

newalaan2
October 25th, 2017, 05:06
I often see falangs eating with boys and hardly a word is exchanged.....afterall you have zero in common.

What???? ZERO in common? Do you mean YOU have zero in common with thai boys? for goodness sake MFAS what kind of a sheltered life have you led in Thailand that you can't exchange many words all the time with a Thai boy? Apart from the limitations of staying permanently in Pattaya that is. If bf and I do eat out together it takes ages to get through a meal as we talk continuously. True that we use it as our 'catch up time' for what has been 'going-on' and plans for the rest of the day/evening/night/tomorrow. We talk everyday on messenger when back home as well as phone calls. There is so much going-on and so much in common. If one of bfs friends is with us, any one of us getting in more than a few words at a time is actually a challenge.

Not sure why you think farangs and Thais have 'zero' in common. That's an absurd notion in my book.

joe552
October 25th, 2017, 05:41
newalaan, I think your experience is a bit different from us genuine sex tourists who don't have a regular boyfriend, but I agree with the rest of your post. I once took a couple of boys to Ruan Thai on 2nd Road. They may have been the only Thais in the restaurant. Cost a fortune, and they didn't enjoy it. My fault and a lesson learned. Now, I ask who ever I'm with if he's hungry (they usually are) and he says he'll to get some street food. Or occasionally, go to a restaurant where he feels comfortable. You have to learn to adapt.

Up2U
October 25th, 2017, 07:34
I think the "fine dining" that is most appreciated by our friends would be MK, or if they are slightly more sophisticated, maybe Fuji. Or that chain of Issan type food restaurants -- name escapes me at the moment -- Yam seb? Anyway, the point is that the guys are not going to feel comfortable unless most of the other diners are Thai, eating Thai food.
The chain you may be referring to is "Yum Saap", inexpensive and bf likes it.

Manforallseasons
October 25th, 2017, 09:27
Those of which I am one that prefer "Man-Boys" to gay twinks will find that most experiences are different from the bars and go go bars we frequent to most other things.

arsenal
October 25th, 2017, 10:25
For a lovely meal in a restaurant with a Thai boy where he won't feel out of place but still has sumptious surroundings you won't beat The Glasshouse.

a447
October 25th, 2017, 15:50
Fuji, MK, Oishi, Sizzler (!!) and any restaurant that serves steak are all popular with my guys.

I wouldn't dream of taking a guy to a 5 star restaurant, as he'd be like a fish out of water.

I always let the boy choose the restaurant. Allowing them to make the decision helps to even out the power balance between us, albeit in a small way. For the same reason I also like to slip the money under the table to the boy and let him pay the bill and leave a tip.

We always have heaps to talk about. None of this sitting together in silence over our meal. That would be very uncomfortable.

Diec
October 26th, 2017, 07:59
a447, do you really think slipping your young companion money under the table leads anyone to think he is really paying and tipping for the meal? I think you may be embarrassing him rather than making him feel important.

a447
October 26th, 2017, 08:10
a447, do you really think slipping your young companion money under the table leads anyone to think he is really paying and tipping for the meal? I think you may be embarrassing him rather than making him feel important.

No, not at all. Nobody would think that.

But it's not about making anyone feel important. It's more about handing over a bit of responsibility. I don't stand next to them at the counter when they pay.
And I never have to check the change.

When I first did it years ago, I got a "thank you " and a hug from the boy on the way back to the hotel. He loved the idea.

I only do it with my regular guy in Pattaya and one in Bangkok. If it's an off from a bar, then I'd course I wouldn't do that.

I also give them money to buy stuff for us in 7/11. I'm sure the person behind the counter knows where the money comes from.

I've known these two guys for years. I would never do anything to embarrass them. And I can assure you, if they felt that way they would tell me.

Diec
October 26th, 2017, 08:27
If you want to hand out some responsibility, how about have your guy pay for dinner with his own money?

I understand you want your companion to feel on somewhat of a level playing field with you, but slipping money under the table is not a way to do that.

arsenal
October 26th, 2017, 09:33
If you really want to act out this charade. Give him the money in advance and tell him to order for you both while staying within the budget. He must know what you do and don't like. If everything he orders is to his taste and nothing to yours (Thai restaurant) then you know exactly what sort of person he is.

a447
October 26th, 2017, 16:23
If you want to hand out some responsibility, how about have your guy pay for dinner with his own money?

He couldn't afford to pay at the restaurants he chooses. That's why he chooses them.

I understand you want your companion to feel on somewhat of a level playing field with you, but slipping money under the table is not a way to do that.

No, he will never get anywhere near a level playing field with me - or probably any other farang he goes with. He's not even close to getting onto the field. We are both aware of that. So no matter how much money I slip to him, he'll never reach my level.

The boys like the idea. That's all that's important to me.

Arsenal wrote:

Give him the money in advance and tell him to order for you both while staying within the budget.

Yes, we've done that too, although there is no budget as such. They know exactly what I like, and I'm very, very fussy.