PDA

View Full Version : Is it a miracle?

joe552
October 17th, 2017, 08:16
This could be the weirdest post you read today. I've lived here since I was 15 (did I mention my birthday in Pattaya on 9 January). Anyway, when Mam went to a nursing home, I moved onto a smaller flat. Great, really like it.

Tonight I can hear music from a neighbour's place, and just assume it's a party (it's not that noisy) but now I can hear a guy talking on my balcony. Fuck this, I;m having a last smoke and going to bed.

It wasn't like this when Mammy was alive! BTW, this is true. I've been referred to get a hearing aid, but suddenly I'm hearing much more than I want.

I know, it sounds like Matt's life, but is actually true.

arsenal
October 17th, 2017, 09:23
It is a miracle Joe and I think you should definitely contact old pointy hat in Rome for validation.

joe552
October 17th, 2017, 19:24
turns out there was a party upstairs last night, and the people on the balcony were real. just not on my balcony! The only sound I usually hear is traffic noise, so it was unusual. That's all.

bobsaigon2
October 17th, 2017, 21:24
Another possibility Joe would be that the technical college across the street from you is experimenting with auditory sensory perception enhancement. You might want to pop in and ask them about that. Or, you might not.

joe552
October 17th, 2017, 22:39
How the hell do you know about the college across the street from me? Have I posted my actual address while under the affluence?

bobsaigon2
October 17th, 2017, 22:51
You mentioned in one post that you lived on Kevin Street opposite the technical college. Maybe it was in response to one of Ronan's posts? Or some other Dublin resident? :)

joe552
October 17th, 2017, 23:12
Jeez, you've a better memory than I, Gunga Din

FarangRuMak
October 17th, 2017, 23:27
Jeez, you've a better memory than I, Gunga Din

And the job I had to saw you Gunga Din.

bobsaigon2
October 18th, 2017, 00:17
"And the job I had to saw you Gunga Din." You lost me on that one, FRM. I know the poem, know the film, but couldn't make out your line.

joe552
October 18th, 2017, 02:16
it didn't make any sense to me either

latintopxxx
October 18th, 2017, 09:24
english please ...no mumbo jumbo

arsenal
October 18th, 2017, 09:44
Old pointy hat in Rome is heartbroken that the 'miracle' he was ready to validate turned out to be just some people. Oh well, an easy mistake to make! I once mistook a big gobby and usually inebriated jock o' the north for an intelligent member of a respected private members club.