joe552
October 14th, 2017, 00:30
Need a bit of love, guys.

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 00:59
Sorry guys, apologies for this post. I'm drunk and lonely. Just ignore me

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2017, 02:53
..not to sound too melodramatic...but u sound suicidal..hope u have someone u can talk to...

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 03:15
not at all suicidal, latin. just depressed. but hey, you're caring side has come out at last. thanks for replying. now don't go spoiling it with a smart arse comment. let's leave it where it is.

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2017, 06:19
joe..i maybe wrongly assume that like me the posters here are cynical and thick skinned and would hate to think that some casual remark would push u over the edge..depression is not good either..guess u know that anyway

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 06:57
latin, generally I'm fairly thick skinned (I use a cream for that). I just felt a bit down this morning. Depression, for me, comes and goes. Thanks for your reply.

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2017, 07:04
Put the alcohol down, and the depression won't be around as much.

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 07:13
Easier said than done, Matt. I'm waiting for an appointment with the alcohol treatment unit, so trying to do something about it.

frequent
October 14th, 2017, 07:25
latin, generally I'm fairly thick skinned (I use a cream for that). I just felt a bit down this morning. Depression, for me, comes and goes. Thanks for your reply.I'm certainly cynical (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/cynical)* at times but here I'm much more likely to be sceptical (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sceptical)

* My favourite example of cynicism on this Forum was when I PMed a member (guess who?!!) several years ago when Blessed Neal was the owner, and when he replied denied all knowledge of the original PM (as I recall my response was along the lines of "Why would I PM you?"). That lead to exchanges between said member and Blessed Neal about how he had "proof" that PMs were being hacked. It's periodically cited by said member to this day. That is an example of cynicism, not scepticism, on my part

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2017, 08:35
Easier said than done, Matt. I'm waiting for an appointment with the alcohol treatment unit, so trying to do something about it.

https://www.thecabinchiangmai.com/

Another reason to visit Thailand. :)

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 10:45
Looks good Matt. I wouldn't mind a few weeks there. You picking up the tab?

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2017, 11:05
Looks good Matt. I wouldn't mind a few weeks there. You picking up the tab?

If I could afford the place, I wouldn't be having a whiskey and coke at 11am. :)

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2017, 16:55
whiskey and coke?! sounds like liver disease...yuck..no class...should only be drunk neat, on the rocks or with splash (not too much) of sod...anything else is ...american

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 17:06
have to agree with you again, latin. Jeez, this is getting worrying.

scottish-guy
October 14th, 2017, 17:38
I would have to disgree as I've never tried Whiskey with sod and I suspect I would find it a bit too earthy

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 18:35
and I thought I was the spelling police!

latintopxxx
October 15th, 2017, 05:11
joe...just because im a sex addict who enjoys treating MBs like sex toys doesnt mean I lack class or taste...

cdnmatt
October 15th, 2017, 05:40
joe...just because im a sex addict who enjoys treating MBs like sex toys doesnt mean I lack class or taste...

You have class? Yeah, and the sky is pink, and pigs fly out of my ass oinking every morning.

Yraen
October 15th, 2017, 05:41
whiskey and coke?! sounds like liver disease...yuck..no class...should only be drunk neat, on the rocks or with splash (not too much) of sod...anything else is ...american

LT, you will have the purists on both sides of the Atlantic after your hide.
Do we all understand that there is a significant difference between whskey (USian) and whisky (Scots, Irish arguably)?
For me, both need a sweetener. Preferably, sugar-free. :mocking_mini:

latintopxxx
October 15th, 2017, 07:38
if u want sweet do gin..or vodka with whatever...but leave whisky the fuck alone..
see what happens when peasants get the vote??

frequent
October 15th, 2017, 08:29
pigs fly out of my ass oinking every morning.That certainly explains a helluva lot

frequent
October 15th, 2017, 08:44
LT, you will have the purists on both sides of the Atlantic after your hide.
Do we all understand that there is a significant difference between whskey (USian) and whisky (Scots, Irish arguably)?
For me, both need a sweetener. Preferably, sugar-free. :mocking_mini:Hmmm, so what happened to the distinction that whisky means the real thing (ie. Scotch) and whiskey means "Irish" http://www.whiskyforeveryone.com/whisky_basics/whisky_or_whiskey.html

Yraen
October 15th, 2017, 18:43
Hmmm, so what happened to the distinction that whisky means the real thing (ie. Scotch) and whiskey means "Irish" http://www.whiskyforeveryone.com/whisky_basics/whisky_or_whiskey.html

These days, whiskey usually means the distillations from the southern states of the US - bourbon, sour mash, Jack D and similar. I profess no real knowledge of these products as I do not like the taste.

LT said, "if u want sweet do gin..or vodka with whatever...but leave whisky the fuck alone.."

LT, I tipple with those drinks also (usually offered by company) but Chivas Regal in 24 year maturation or longer is my preferred occasional night-cap. JW sometimes when offered - the single malts and similar are not for me. Though my Dad disagreed with me on this. :)

scottish-guy
October 15th, 2017, 22:06
That's like someone preferring instant coffee to the real thing - but each to his own - and much as it pains me to say it, Frequent has his info correct.

latintopxxx
October 16th, 2017, 02:52
how can that be..didnt the irish teach u lot the art of distilling??? it came when they rescued u from darkness and introduced u to christianity...fat lot of good that did....or did u enjoy scurrying around on all fours..

dab69
October 31st, 2017, 21:31
bout here of bronchitis here also going on four weeks.....

joe552
October 31st, 2017, 22:38
Sorry to hear that, dab69, hope it clears up soon. But you just reminded me to take my meds, so not all is lost.

Mickp
November 1st, 2017, 12:22
I have a irish toddy when i get the flu ... hot tea with rum befire going to bed clears it up before morning

scottish-guy
November 1st, 2017, 12:26
It it clears up overnight it must be "gay flu" - which is like "man flu" with added drama