PDA

View Full Version : more on Pattaya real estate..great site

July 16th, 2006, 16:54
I know I will be shunned by I'm thinking of taking the plunge ( hopefully not off the balcony) and investing in the controversial Ocean One Towers. I think the Jomtien area is going to boom like there is no tomorrow and I ain't missing out. This building is selling fast and having a number of friends who live in villas and condos built by the same developers, I reckon this is going to be a spectacular building.

Note: Arab nationals are snapping up Pattaya and Thailand properties whiich means money will be flowing in like crazy.

I've been dealing with these people and they have been wonderfully helpful..anyone interested in a Pattaya property should contact them :

http://www.hotprestigeproperties.com/

Impulse
July 16th, 2006, 23:37
I agree that jomtien is growing fast and prices will rise.Smart idea to buy into Ocean One.I would buy a unit there if I was selling my place here in the states.Arab nationals and others will buy and prices will rise.How many places in the world have we seen this happen already.Have you looked at what is available or is it too early,are the units going to be shell or finished?And how high a floor are you aiming for?Make sure its at least 30 floors high so if you do take the plunge you wont feel anything when you land.I think the building will be awesome and your making a wise choice Pearl,if you do decide to buy,Im jealous of anyone who will call that place home.

dab69
July 17th, 2006, 03:18
so many units for sale/going up
how can they maintain over 50% Thai national occupancy rate?
thought this was required

Impulse
July 17th, 2006, 04:49
Yeah the russians are cumming!With the price for a barrel of oil as high as it is there must be plenty of russians looking to park their money someplace.I wonder too,how they can maintain the 49/51 rule also,this will be interesting if nothing else.

July 17th, 2006, 08:10
With everyone and his uncle "snapping up" this new building, the 49% foreigner allocation must certainly be close to gone already. No?

July 17th, 2006, 08:11
I read somewhere that companies are still OK for condos, in other words, no enforcement on condo companies. Have no idea if this is really true.

July 17th, 2006, 08:21
Not enforced "now", at least. You'd have to have pretty big cojones to do it, in my opinion.

July 17th, 2006, 08:28
I agree, you would have to at this point. However, if I owned already as a condo company, I also wouldn't panic quite yet either.

July 17th, 2006, 08:59
I hear a funny story today, Russian are trying too snap up property in this prestige OCEAN ONE building with bags of cash or diamonds, and the City Fathers are wondering if to ask where all the money is coming from, cant be dodgy money surly nothing unsavory happens in Pattaya such a special place to be.To take this a bit further off topic, this quote makes me wonder: Does the land office not absolutely require a Tor Tor 3 document to show the money was transferred in via wire transfer from an account offshore in the buyer's name?

It seems there might be variations on this Tor Tor 3 ritual: A realtor told me -- and claims to have done this with clients -- that if/when I sell my current condo I don't need to repatriate the money to my home country to have it re-transferred back to Thailand to get a new Tor Tor 3 to buy a replacement condo. He claims that if you simply take a suitcase full of other-country currency (US$, for example) that certain banks will issue the Tor Tor 3 with no questions asked. Although it sounds a trifle risky, he says to make arrangement with a money exchanger to prepare a large amount of US$ on hand, then take the millions of baht in a suitcase and exchange them for the equivalent US$ cash, take that suitcase to the bank, and get the Tor Tor 3. Has anyone else heard of, or done, that? As I said, it sounds risky: setting up an appointment when you'll be known to be carrying a suitcase full of cash???

July 17th, 2006, 09:12
particularly if they look like Dolph Lungren ( OK , I know he's an Aussie born in Denmark but he plays a convincing Ruskie in the movies).

With the ME in turmoil and the US apparently determined to bankrupt themselves by pushing the price of oil skyhigh, is it any wonder the Russians and Arabs have some spare cash to buy up properties. However it's a sign that Thailand is becoming a safe place to park money and Thai property a good investment.

And don't forget the largest source of tourists for Thailand where the midle class is doubling every year..China.

There is a prominent real estate agent in Pattaya who I'm sure will agree with me..similar things have been happening in the Australian resort called Surfer's Paradise..an influx of Arabs ( incuding Colonel Gadaffi's son purchasing entire buildings) and Russians ( many mafia-but their money's always accepted)

July 18th, 2006, 09:15
DELETED

Smiles
July 18th, 2006, 10:01
... but is it "Botting" or "Davids"?

Cheers ....

July 18th, 2006, 11:08
DELETED

catawampuscat
July 18th, 2006, 12:31
Isn't is convenient that the village idiot's friend pearl authored a thread about his friend lmtu's website and proclaims it the best thing to hit town since Krazy Dragon opened.. Of course, the village idiot uses this golden opportunity to push his friend's super tall tower in Jomtien without mentioning his commissions and his own interests..
And then another friend, jumps in and has to mention his magazine and the plugs keep rolling... One
friend helps another and all without putting their cards on the table and admitting that this whole thing is in their self interest and
for their own profit.. Very unethical and the hype is all intended to open the wallets of the unsuspecting and fill the wallets of
the village idiot and his cohorts.. Now if the village idiot would only admit his interest in the website and his commission cut on the
tower of babel, this pussycat would lie low but it would be a shame if someone believed that all the hype wasn't just a sleazy attempt
to enrich certain members of this forum...
About time for JB to spot this old pussycat again and try to silence catawampuscat but as long as I have my bottles of booze and a cozy
den to rest my bones in , I will continue to post what I think..
I would end this if the village idiot would come clean and admit his self interests in this development and the greatest real estate website in the galaxy...

July 18th, 2006, 15:55
DELETED

Smiles
July 18th, 2006, 20:01
I wasn't being snide John. You have always said that you use your real name on the Board, so when I saw the "John Davids" on the article I just assumed a pseudonym ... as you said the article was one of "yours". Quite common in journalism.
Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers ...

July 18th, 2006, 23:25
does that name mean ?

I indeed have quite a few friends who could be classed as the village idiot..if not I myself !..you need to be more specific.