PDA

View Full Version : Smoking on the beach.

arsenal
October 11th, 2017, 09:50
Not that smoking, the cigarette one. If this doesn't get described as 'another nail in the coffin' then I shall want to know the reason why.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328928

joe552
October 11th, 2017, 12:39
I'm a smoker, in both senses of the word, and while I rarely sit on the beach I have wondered why they don't provide ashtrays if you're having a beer or some food.

a447
October 11th, 2017, 15:03
I have wondered why they don't provide ashtrays if you're having a beer or some food.

Perhaps it's their way of telling you they don't want you to smoke there.

latintopxxx
October 11th, 2017, 15:58
smokers are disgusting. Worse than pigs. Fucking ash and butts all over the place. A pox on them.

Nirish guy
October 11th, 2017, 16:40
Have to admit it is gross ( and very common) to be sitting on the beach in pattaya and step off your bed only to tramp on one or more cigarette butts as most smokers seem to believe that if they bury their finished butts under a 1mm layer of sand that that it's gone and done with - unfortunately that's rarely the case of course.

So, if smokers would perhaps take more care then perhaps non smokers wouldn't get so pissed with them. ( Apologies in advance to all those considerate smokers who DO try not to inflict their choices on others, but alas they appear to be in the minority these days)

Mind you typical Thailand - whilst I dont disagree with some form of penalty ( small 1000 baht on the spot fine perhaps?) but to suggest that throwing a cigarette butt on the beach could incur up to a year in jail is of course just ludicrous and actually rather than enforcing the point on the new law i.e it's to encourage people to be thoughtful about others and the environment etc it actually just takes away from the whole thing and makes it sound just a little bit ridiculous as of COURSE no one is going to jail for a year for that - are they !??

Mind you being Thailand that is likely designed just more to give the Police a bigger bargaining position on site for when THEY are trying to extract their unofficial on the spot fines from the smoker as they threaten them with their one year jail sentence - how very considerate of the Government !

joe552
October 11th, 2017, 17:09
So if I'm sitting on the beach with a beer, what do you suggest I do with my cigarette butt, if there's no ashtray provided?

Marsilius
October 11th, 2017, 17:54
Next suggestion for the hit list: the inconsiderate oafs who take a boom box to the beach and inflict their taste in music very loudly on everyone else.

When three Russians did that in January, another farang eventually remonstrated vigorously with them - to a big round of applause from the rest of us. That kept the offenders quiet until five minutes before they left when they ostentatiously turned the volume up to maximum just to make a final point. They didn't, however, return the next day.

scottish-guy
October 11th, 2017, 18:15
Only marginally less annoying than breeders who inflict their screaming brats on all and sundry whether on planes or beaches or in restaurants or even bars in the UK

a447
October 11th, 2017, 18:26
So if I'm sitting on the beach with a beer, what do you suggest I do with my cigarette butt, if there's no ashtray provided?

I'm sure any non-smoker sitting nearby will tell you where to put it!

Lol

dinagam
October 11th, 2017, 18:50
Smokers should learn to carry their butts in an appropriate receptacle to be disposed off properly. The Japanese in general bring their litter home when a litter bin is not at their disposal.

arsenal
October 11th, 2017, 19:00
Diagram wrote.
"Smokers should learn to carry their butts in an appropriate receptacle to be disposed off properly."

Do you mean like the fat German oap who carries his butt in a thong?
😃😎😃

joe552
October 11th, 2017, 19:32
Ah feck it, I just won't bother going on the beach. No big deal. The Beer Garden gives me enough sea views.

Nirish guy
October 11th, 2017, 20:33

As already mentioned I'm sure many non smokers could give you a few suggestions re that - but seriously though that's a MAD question Joe, I mean would you ask the same about litter - i.e if there's no bin handy what would you suggest I do with my litter - why you'd KEEP it of course until you found a bin, same as YOUR butt, you wouldn't should take care of THAT too as it is YOUR rubbish, why would you even think that it would be someone else's problem to suggest to you what you should do with your butts !?

You are right of course that if the vendor is aware people wish to smoke then it miight be a good idea of him to provide ashtrays, but if not then the LEAST you could do would be to throw your butt in a bin or something and not just throw it away or try to secretly bury it in the sand for the next ussuspecting soul to walk over in their bare feet - and all because you decided you wanted a smoke and to hell with everyone else.

Tell me do you still eat chewing gum ? And if so when finished and if you can't see a bin to wrap it and chuck it into do you just stick that underneath your seat / table too as hey it's not YOUR fault that there's no bins there ?

You SEE, it's questions like "so what would you have me do with MY butt" that starts to make me think that maybe the Goverments one year jail time suggestion maybe wasn't such a crazy idea after all !! :-)

Up2U
October 11th, 2017, 20:59
I'm a smoker, in both senses of the word, and while I rarely sit on the beach I have wondered why they don't provide ashtrays if you're having a beer or some food.

Ashtrays have always been provided on the Dongtan beach and yesterday there was no change in that policy. Two sat in front of me, lit up and that was my que to leave.

a447
October 11th, 2017, 21:24
I thought that they were going to set up smoking areas just away from the beach.

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 01:03
Ok, I give in. I won't go to the beach again. Just sit in the Beer Garden. They provide ashtrays.

gerefan2
October 12th, 2017, 01:23

Vendors are no longer allowed to sell alcohol...haha

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 01:30
I can be a bit dense sometimes, gerefan, but is that actually true? What's the fucking point of going to the beach if you can't have a beer, and now you can't have a cigarette? Or was it just a joke?

latintopxxx
October 12th, 2017, 01:30
As some of u may have noticed Im no shrinking violet...anyone irrespective of size or ethnicity daring to smoke in such a manner that affects me...pet hate is when the breeze blows a steady stream of smoke over me .... gets an earful...and Im not polite about it either. To date 100% success rate.

gerefan2
October 12th, 2017, 01:43
No joke Joe. New rules being introduced for vendors, together with newly allocated areas coming in soon. Was mentioned in a thread on here or one of the other boards recently. Think you can take your own.

Did you know beach closed one day per week for cleaning?? It's either Weds or Thurs, forget which.

scottish-guy
October 12th, 2017, 02:03
Little wonder that with all the petty bureaucracy and restrictions, the scams and rising prices - the visitor numbers which used to be seen at low season 15 yrs ago (in the Gay areas at least) now make up high season

Nirish guy
October 12th, 2017, 02:04
Did you know beach closed one day per week for cleaning??.

That'll be after all those bloody smokers dropping their cigarette butts everywhere ! You see Joe, this is all YOUR fault !! You inconsiderate sod - hell slap it up you you can't get a beer there anymore, proper karma if you ask me for all those minging butts I've walked on over the years ! :-)

PS I read over on Gay thailand that the fine for being caught being disgusting a dropping your Butts on the beach is up to 100,000 baht so take care not to be the first prosecuted as I'm guessing that might put a bit of a dent in the old beer budget !

arsenal
October 12th, 2017, 02:04
Assuming I was sitting there first your 'earful' wouldn't work with me. Perhaps you pick on a certain type.

cdnmatt
October 12th, 2017, 02:21

Put the butts in the sand beside your chair. When you get up to leave, pick up the butts, and put them in the garbage.

I smoke myself, and it's not that difficult.

scottish-guy
October 12th, 2017, 02:23
Assuming I was sitting there first your 'earful' wouldn't work with me. Perhaps you pick on a certain type.

Nirish guy
October 12th, 2017, 02:45
Put the butts in the sand beside your chair. When you get up to leave, pick up the butts, and put them in the garbage.

Or how about just dont put your dirty butts in the bloody sand at ALL !! I'm assuming you brought a box of cigarettes with you, and you took a cigarette OUT of that box to smoke it, well that then means there's room to place said butt back IN to that same box again until such times as you're near a bin surely - oh what, maybe you dont want that dirty old butt in touching your precious cigarettes, but fuck its ok to stub it out on the beach and leave it there until later i guess eh .......

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 03:07
I now feel suitably humbled and chastened. In the unlikely event that I visit the beach, I will pick up all my cigarette ends and take them to a reputable garbage disposal facility.

The non-smoking fascists may have won this battle, but they'll never win the war!

latintopxxx
October 12th, 2017, 05:51
u have already lost the war..simply by being too weak to resist smoking...weak weak weak.

a447
October 12th, 2017, 07:04
I smoke myself, and it's not that difficult.

For most of us, it's impossible. Lucky you!

cdnmatt
October 12th, 2017, 07:12
WTF?!?!? You're a moderator now? How the fuck did that happen?

And if you're a moderator, why haven't you banned me yet? You hate me.

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 07:30
Jeez, you non-smokers need to take a time out, and relax. It's no big deal for me not to go to the beach at Pattaya or Jomtien. The Beer Garden is close enough.

scottish-guy
October 12th, 2017, 07:50
WTF?!?!? You're a moderator now? How the fuck did that happen?

And if you're a moderator, why haven't you banned me yet? You hate me.

Matt , Head Judge Len has the casting vote when it comes to banning - a447 is just an underling and Christian is invisible

:D

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 08:13
Matt, if you were banned, where else could we go for our daily fix of soap opera?

Up2U
October 12th, 2017, 08:47

Jeez, you non-smokers need to take a time out, and relax. It's no big deal for me not to go to the beach at Pattaya or Jomtien. The Beer Garden is close enough.
The stated reason for the beach cigarette ban is not to deprive you of your right to smoke as there will be receptacles before you enter the controlled areas, just like entering a mall. I personally(as an ex-smoker) have no issues with your right to smoke but your right ends at the tip of my nose. Two days ago, I had to leave the beach early when two Russians sat in front of me and lit up. That they were using ashtrays was of no consequence.
Smokers can relax, as a long time resident of Pattaya I can say with confidence that this smoking ban will not be enforced in the long-term.

arsenal
October 12th, 2017, 09:00
The anti smoking fascists are always good for a poke rising up like steam from a kettle with righteous indignation.

FarangRuMak
October 12th, 2017, 10:10
Beaches are part of the great outdoors.
They withstand storms and sunamis so I'm sure cigarettes would be a minor issue.
I don't smoke cigarettes but I have no problem with people blowing smoke into the offing.

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 11:27
Beaches are part of the great outdoors.
They withstand storms and sunamis so I'm sure cigarettes would be a minor issue.
I don't smoke cigarettes but I have no problem with people blowing smoke into the offing.

Once again FRM, you have me scratching my head (is it fleas?). What does "blowing smoke into the offing" actually mean?

Btw, my birthday night will involved numerous ashtrays, so take it or leave it.

christianpfc
October 12th, 2017, 20:16
I remember there used to be a sign "Cigarette butts kill babies and dolphins" on Dongtan beach.

dinagam
October 12th, 2017, 20:35
And they get in the butts of mermaids too...

joe552
October 12th, 2017, 21:19
Seems to me there are too many babies in the world as it is, but I care about dolphins.

joe552
October 13th, 2017, 03:11
Not that I would, but what if I want to samoke a boy on the beach at Jomtien, would you non-smokers prefer I just spit out his cum, or wait till I get to a suitable receptacle?

Nirish guy
October 13th, 2017, 03:20
Somehow Joe I always had you down as more of a swallower !

joe552
October 13th, 2017, 03:34
Now that's where you got me wrong, NIrish. I hope I'm not being too graphic here, but I prefer him to cum on my chest - probably wouldn't happen at the beach, I'm thinking.

scottish-guy
October 13th, 2017, 04:29
Somehow Joe I always had you down as more of a swallower !

I had him down as a gargler

bobsaigon2
October 13th, 2017, 07:01
Now I understand why, when I was a 6 yr old first year pupil at St. Mary's Parish School, Sister Maria Rita warned us to stay away from smokers. Or did she say samokers? Can't remember.

Up2U
October 13th, 2017, 07:58
Not that I would, but what if I want to samoke a boy on the beach at Jomtien, would you non-smokers prefer I just spit out his cum, or wait till I get to a suitable receptacle?
Obviously you are Dongtan beach novice, samoking boys on beach has been a regular practice for many over the years. There are many better things to put between one's lips than cigarettes.

joe552
October 13th, 2017, 08:18
Really, is that true? I'm not a fan of sitting at the beach, and think bj's belong in the bedroom

latintopxxx
October 13th, 2017, 09:40
so straight laced, bet u fuck in the missionary position only, fully clothed, lights off and curtains drawn

joe552
October 13th, 2017, 13:23
Father Martin, when he returned from saving souls in Africa, had quite a few missionary positions. I learned a lot from him.

Surfcrest
October 13th, 2017, 14:17
I`ve been a regular at the beach for many years and I`ve always hated smokers at the beach. It has nothing to do with where their butts go and everything to do with where their smoke goes, especially those that light up one after the other...constantly. Like when I`m trying to have a quick meal. I`ve never understood how people can mix smoking with eating. You can say one nationality is worse than others when it comes to smoking but this has changed over the years as nationalities hanging out down there have changed over time.

I try to position myself in a spot at the end of a row, near another regular who I know doesn`t smoke. There`s not much I can with the chairs in front and behind me or if a friend who does smoke wants to sit near me, or has a trick in tow who smokes. I`m thankful for the ban, I`m thinking of a return visit soon....now that I`ve just retired.

Surfcrest

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2017, 02:37
joe..u lot in ireland must be totally out there liberated ...not once was I even caressed by a "brother" or " father" during my schooling...not that I would have minded...I was so in lust with half of them...especially brother david who taught geography and led the photography club...i had to stand next to him in the dark room helping him develop negatives...oh the amount of cum I lost over them would have floated the titanic and all of its sister ships.

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 03:09
My big crush was Brother Coleman in 3rd class (would make me about 13 I think). Tall, dark and handsome. Now this is odd I know, but he used to make me sit under his desk during class - no idea why. Probably shouldn't make fun of this, but as an altar boy and a pupil at a Christian Brothers' school, I feel slightly offended that none of the priests or brothers found me attractive enough to abuse.

scottish-guy
October 14th, 2017, 03:46
Sexual abuse has nothing to do with whether the victim is attractive Joe

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 04:06
I agree with you SG, and I wasn't trying to make light of the trauma that victims have suffered. Sorry if my post came across as uncaring - it was meant to be a bit of fun.

Yraen
October 14th, 2017, 04:18

Put it/them in your beer-can ?? :yahoo_mini:

scottish-guy
October 14th, 2017, 04:39
Is "beer-can" a euphemism?

:p

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2017, 04:41
Put it/them in your beer-can ?? :yahoo_mini:

No, please don't do that. I don't think the workers at the recycling plant appreciate it much.

joe552
October 14th, 2017, 07:43
They recycle beer cans in Thailand? Who knew?

francois
October 14th, 2017, 16:14
joe, everyone knows that, really. Beer cans are made of aluminum and are the most valuable of recyclables.

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2017, 16:28
They recycle beer cans in Thailand? Who knew?

Yeah, there's recycling depots all over the place here. Just live here for a while, and you'll notice people going through the garbage, looking for empty bottles, because many people are dicks and don't seperate their bottles from their garbage.

We have this old (very poor) lady we save our bottles for. We have a seperate garbage can out front for bottles, and keep them all nicely packaged in black garbage bags for her. We're good people like that. :)

Nirish guy
October 15th, 2017, 03:39
We have a seperate garbage can out front for bottles, and keep them all nicely packaged in black garbage bags for her. We're good people like that. :)

I would have assumed that all garbage bags look black to you though Matt - no ?

FarangRuMak
October 15th, 2017, 03:46
I would have assumed that all garbage bags look black to you though Matt - no ?
LOL.
Bet he didn't see that one coming.

scottish-guy
October 15th, 2017, 16:27
I thought of posting that at the time but you know me - I worried it could be construed as bad taste.

FarangRuMak
October 15th, 2017, 16:42
Normally in would be the worst type of bad taste.
But I've made up my on mind that this is a troll's fun and games.
Unless I can see dog leashes in his hands and put my finger into his ----- I will not believe.
But I concede that "blessed are those who have not seen but yet believe".

tip
October 15th, 2017, 20:44
smokers are disgusting. Worse than pigs. Fucking ash and butts all over the place. A pox on them.

Well, that is a matter of taste, it is not very nice to say that smokers are 'worse than pigs'.

Manforallseasons
October 15th, 2017, 21:36
Well, that is a matter of taste, it is not very nice to say that smokers are 'worse than pigs'.

Is that today’s Tip?

latintopxxx
October 16th, 2017, 02:44
ok, I owe a sincere apology...to pigs that is.