PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious?

joe552
October 2nd, 2017, 19:44
Just filling in time till I go to my doctor and collect my prescription (ah, the joys of old age!)

So are you superstitious? I used to have a phobia about cats, not just a superstition, but 2 weeks looking after a friend's cat and dog in Canada, changed that to just not liking cats.

There's the superstition in Ireland and Britain about magpies - one for sorrow, two for joy, etc. Mean anything to you?

Of course, I think our Thai friends are quite superstitious. Do you have any you'd like to share?

For the record, I don't think I'm that superstitious anymore.

latintopxxx
October 3rd, 2017, 10:40
think u r bored. get a hobby. go feed the homeless...or pigeons...take yoga classes...anything...stop posting shyte...nobody cares.

joe552
October 3rd, 2017, 11:41
thanks for your contribution, latinpox. don't you have anything more important or interesting to do?

arsenal
October 3rd, 2017, 22:06
Et tu Joe.

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 22:43
What i find crazy is these religious people who have this superstition there is a bloke up there in the fucking sky they're praying to.
Its all fucking superstitious rubbish!!
Do u need a religion to run your life.
Sorry to break it to you but there aint NO GOD bloke up there !
No man in the sky !!

a447
October 4th, 2017, 16:54
There is a "god" but he doesn't live in the sky. He exists between your ears.

frequent
October 4th, 2017, 17:18
No man in the sky !!Modern theology assigns no gender to God. I believe that some churches go so far as to use "He" and "She" indiscriminately

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 17:43
Can't see that catching on with the Moslem bunch.

scottish-guy
October 4th, 2017, 18:07
Or the Jews.

Do they still separate the men from the women in the Synagogue?

Maybe Rabbi Latinpoxxx can advise

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:14
Women rule in Jewish society Scottish. It's matriarchal, like elephants and killer whales.

scottish-guy
October 5th, 2017, 18:45
They may rule in effect - but symbolically in religious matters they certainly do not

joe552
October 5th, 2017, 20:19
While the lineage may be matriarchal, from my experience women are definitely 2nd class citizens. Still, I only lived there for 6 months, so I could be wrong.

scottish-guy
October 7th, 2017, 00:28
Even living somewhere all your life (never mind for 6 months) would never be allowed to trump Arsenal's - devoid of any facts - "opinion"

:lol:

arsenal
October 7th, 2017, 08:00
Judaism comprises so much more than simply the religion. But apparently Scottish is an honorary member of the Edinburgh Beth Din and BobSaigon liked his post so perhaps he seconded his membership.

bobsaigon2
October 7th, 2017, 09:38
Arsenal, we Ashkenazis prefer to spell it beis din.

arsenal
October 7th, 2017, 11:25
That is an unfortunate name. I had to look it up to check if it was real. I think you and Scottish should have an excellent Scottish smoked salmon lunch together.
🍴🍸