PDA

View Full Version : The characters of Pattata where are they now?

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 13:33
They all seem to be dying out now whether they be Farang or Thai but for all if you who have been travelling to Thailand year after year months after months sometimes you see the same characters time and time again.

You might never ever speak to them in all those years but you remember them as you pass them.

Then suddenly years later they're gone.

I was quite surprised to see a overweight guy with a raccoon on his head still going Sunee Plaza after 15 years visiting, he seems to be the last of the last.I thought he would of been the first of the first actually

What about Bernard??- use to be a tall skinny pommy guy aged in his 60's named Bernard who lived in the Marina? Years ago , maybe his dead ? Use to plsy pool at the Come in bar

The owners of the Come in bar-Forget his name but the former French owner of the Come in Bar , he left Sunee a few years ago to go to Cambodia, seems things didnt work out and now he is back in France selling Fire and Safety equipment for a big Company

Top man Michael ?-- Michael used to own the Top Man GO GO in its heyday , went back to the UK in about 2007 , came to Thailand back in April 2016 for a short visit but am told he didnt like the new look and went back to the UK,author of a Gay history book about Boyztown

Krazy Dragn Go Go?no idea what happened to the former owners ?
Didnt one have a bar near the sunee Marina hitel called Sammy's???
He was a goodlooking farang looked a bit like Michael Caine

Bondi Cafe guesthouse-- i often wonder what happened to the former owners of this cafe guesthouse which was situated on the jomtien gay beach.

The site was a goldmine and i even thought about snapping it up to open a fish n chip shop.

Seems the owners left in a hurry from this great guesthouse they ran for many years and there are conflicting stories? Never heard of again, was it COlin & Malcolm?

Crazy Pub Sunee plaza--- this was a great bar in its heyday , just like the name said it was Crazy be crazy , I remember the friendly German owner , unfortunately a few years ago German Police came knocking on his bar door with a free one way ticket back to Berlin, never to be seen again?

Balkans bar -- what happened to the big bear guy who ran the old Balkans bar and i think the banana bar in Sunee plaza for awhile, he was a big guy with a beard and always had his elderly Mom visiting

Manforallseasons
October 1st, 2017, 14:01
You might never ever speak to them in all those years but you remember them as you pass them.

Then suddenly years later they're gone.

I was quite surprised to see a overweight guy with a raccoon on his head still going Sunee Plaza after 15 years visiting, he seems to be the last of the last.I thought he would of been the first of the first

Krazy Dragn Go Go?no idea what happened to the former owners ?

Bondi Cafe guesthouse-- i often wonder what happened to the former owners of this cafe guesthouse which was situated on the jomtien gay beach.

The site was a goldmine and i even thought about snapping it up to open a fish n chip shop.

Seems the owners left in a hurry from this great guesthouse they ran for many years and there are conflicting stories? Never heard of again, was it COlin & Malcolm?

Crazy Pub Sunee plaza--- this was a great bar in its heyday , just like the name said it was Crazy be crazy , I remember the friendly German owner , unfortunately a few years ago German Police came knocking on his bar door with a free one way ticket back to Berlin, never to be seen again?

The guy with the racoon is a Sunee fixture he leads a group of socially lost falangs formally known as the Barmy Army.

Original owner of Crazy Dragon died years back had a big turnout at his funeral some will do anything for a free meal.
Second owner with the username Dragon Master was a fat moron new nothing about the bar business, the third were a group of eastern euopeans that new less than Dragonmaster.
Crazy Pub skinny german was aquitted, saw him 3 weeks ago @ a bar in Cambodia.

scottish-guy
October 1st, 2017, 14:04
The guy with the racoon is a Sunee fixture he leads a group of socially lost falangs formally known as the Barmy Army...

I find these cliques hard to keep up with - is this modern day Davy Crockett also the Right Worshipful Meatloaf Master?

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 14:09
Krazy Dragon GO GO

Yes if i recall he was Belgium ? German ? Guy named Peter , RIP, used to see him screaming sround on his big mother motorbike around Sunee in its heyday complete with Dragon motif on his leather jacket

Had a heart attack at Sammys Bar in Sunee Plaza must of been around 2007ish , i believe he was around 48 yo

Was a enemy of former pool bar owner Monty RIP who was rumoured to have put the Gypsy curse on him.

There was a couple of guys that owned Krazy Dragon just after Peter died.
They ran it for a few years in fact maybe 5 years ? Sammy ? Michael caine lookalike ?

Dragonmaster

DM only came along the last year or so to buy Krazy Dragon
He was a stern figure retired Policeman from the USA with some 40 years service and later became a tourist police assistant whilst in pattaya, 12 months on he sold the ailing Go Go to the Russians
Apparently gone back to the USA to volunteer to patrol the streets?

Manforallseasons
October 1st, 2017, 14:17
I find these cliques hard to keep up with - is this modern day Davy Crockett also the Right Worshipful Meatloaf Master?

One and the same.

a447
October 1st, 2017, 14:20
What happened to Mark from Krazy Dragon? Don't tell me he's the one who died.

Manforallseasons
October 1st, 2017, 14:22
Krazy Dragon GO GO

Yes if i recall he was Belgium ? German ? Guy named Peter , RIP, used to see him screaming sround on his big mother motorbike around Sunee in its heyday complete with Dragon motif on his leather jacket

Had a heart attack at Sammys Bar in Sunee Plaza must of been around 2007ish , i believe he was around 48 yo

Was a enemy of former pool bar owner Monty RIP who was rumoured to have put the Gypsy curse on him.

Dragonmaster

There was a couple of guys that owned Krazy Dragon just after Peter died.
They ran it for a few years in fact

Dragonmaster

DM only came along the last year or so to buy Krazy Dragon
He was a retired Policeman from the USA abd becane a tourist police assustant whikst in Pattata, 12 months on he sold the ailing go go to the Russians

Peter was German...he also had Marina Hotel and leased the pool to Monty....Monty ran it as only Monty could, it was a wonderful afternoon sleeze pit....Peter was not happy reported Monty for working without a work permit.

scottish-guy
October 1st, 2017, 14:25
Right I think I've almost nailed this now, thanks for patience:

Raccoon Man/Davy Crockett is the Commander in Chief of the Barmy Army, the Right Worshipful Meatloaf Master and the Sunee Plaza go-go bar 20B suckee-suckee man?

He's a busy guy!

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 14:26
And... the ping ping thrower who gets a free drink !

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 14:36
Jamie?

Use to be a short youngish American guy who was a frequent customer over the years in Sunee, i recall use to ride motorbikes, maybe he too has fled to Cambodia?
I often wondered how he got the income to live there.

Duc's

Most farangs over the years went to Duc 's or Dukes depending on how you prounounced it
Duke died in July 2015

He had been a Sunee owner of his cafe for some 15 years originally coming from his Banking job in Australia

Manforallseasons
October 1st, 2017, 14:56
Duc's

Most farangs over the years went to Duc 's or Dukes depending on how you prounounced it
Duke died in July 2015

He had been a Sunee owner of his cafe for some 15 years originally coming from his Banking job in Australia

Duc was working in Hong Kong where word has it he had some leprechaun issues before coming to Pattaya.

Patanawet
October 1st, 2017, 15:01

Colin and Malcolm are in London and post daily on Facebook.

NitNoi
October 1st, 2017, 16:27
Bernard Boyd has unfortunately shuffled off this mortal coil - throat cancer I believe.

neddy3
October 1st, 2017, 16:32
There used to be a guy around whom I was told was from a circus/carnival background.

Was this the same guy? (Bernard).

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 17:01
There used to be a guy around whom I was told was from a circus/carnival background.

Was this the same guy? (Bernard).

I think maybe, he was in his 60's then and im going back 10 years, he was a skinny guy, acne scarred type face , lived in the Marina Plaza , i think at one stage he had gone to Cambodia to live?

Nit Noi posted he had passed RIP Bernard

NitNoi
October 1st, 2017, 17:02
Bernard was clowning around with ladyboys but no, he was a steeplejack.

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 17:04
Bernard was clowning around with ladyboys but no, he was a steeplejack.

Yes that was him! Havent seen him for years , last I heard he had gone to Cambodia.

scottish-guy
October 1st, 2017, 17:47
Steeplejack is one of those occupations UK SGT members put down when they visit the Social Security - in terror that the DSS might find them a job.

Others include: Lift Attendant, Gas Lamp Lighter, Chimney Sweep, Powder Monkey, and SGT Moderator

francois
October 1st, 2017, 17:47
Mickp, don't forget Bad Boy Billy. Whatever happened to him?

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 20:02
Duc was working in Hong Kong where word has it he had some leprechaun issues before coming to Pattaya.

Leprechaun issues? Please explain?

On another note who remembers Thomas and Crabby who ran the then busy Corner bar in Sunee Plaza between Sept 2009 and Sept 2011...they only had it 2 years but were remembrred as great hosts !!!

Not sure what they would be up to these days though....6 years has passed so quickly and i dont think Crabby has even been back for a visit...he wouldnt recognise the Plaza now even if he did.

FarangRuMak
October 1st, 2017, 20:59
"Leprechaun issues"-probably came to Thailand looking for the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the Gay Rainbow.
Many came here flush and went home broke.
Crabby has not been back.
I would like to meet him again.
He took good care of Thomas in a platonic sense as Thomas was into the females.

Mickp
October 2nd, 2017, 02:39
"Leprechaun issues"-probably came to Thailand looking for the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the Gay Rainbow.
Many came here flush and went home broke.
Crabby has not been back.
I would like to meet him again.
He took good care of Thomas in a platonic sense as Thomas was into the females.

No i think the leprechaun statement meant something else but only MFAS knows.

Yeah about Crabby , its sad he hasht been back, I remember he use to post on buttons board every now and again

Thais4Life bookshop

If anyone remembers the Thais4life bookshop they may remember the owner/ director of the charity, he was a Aussie guy , apparently he passed away then thais4life went too, forget his name AL? but he was a nice guy

Travellerjim

Not heard of TJ for quite awhile the insurance salesmen
I hope he is well

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 01:24
Le Cage Bar and Mike

Whatever happened to Mike?
Popular English owner of the now defunct Le Cage Bar?
Wasnt it 2014ish he suddenly packed up and left in a hurry ???

Come to think of it the second owner of the now renamed Colonial Bar also packed up overnight.. NZealander Warwick? ( former owner of the Baan Dok Mai guesthouse)
And 12 months later after renaming it Colonial he also done the overnight express ...and gone too !!!!!

My God that Le cage bar was jinxed!!

gerefan2
October 3rd, 2017, 01:29
They did "runners" Mick
Never thought of it?

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 01:32
I always thought le cage was busy?
Mind you i didnt like Mike nor that sidekick with the white hair he had hanging off his arm

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 01:33
They did "runners" Mick
Never thought of it?

Ummmm...no dear...probaly you when you were younger from taxis when you were pissed and broke after a night out !

whitemouse
October 3rd, 2017, 01:44
They did "runners" Mick
Never thought of it?

I thought that is what Mickp meant, when he said:

Le Cage Bar and Mike

Wasnt it 2014ish he suddenly packed up and left in a hurry ???

What else could 'suddenly packed an leave in a hurry' mean? Unless he slept in, and were late to the airport, and was packing really really quickly.

Patanawet
October 3rd, 2017, 01:46
Steeplejack is one of those occupations UK SGT members put down when they visit the Social Security - in terror that the DSS might find them a job.

Others include: Lift Attendant, Gas Lamp Lighter, Chimney Sweep, Powder Monkey, and SGT Moderator
How about Coronation Programme sellers (credit Shuff).

gerefan2
October 3rd, 2017, 01:49
You misunderstood my, maybe too subtle, remark whitemouse. Amazingly Micky got it!

whitemouse
October 3rd, 2017, 02:02
You misunderstood my, maybe too subtle, remark whitemouse. Amazingly Micky got it!

Yep, I probably missed it.

I really enjoy this thread, I been coming here since 2002 or 2003, it was Icon's last months then, I remember the massive food stalls near swimming pool.. most of it hauled to garbage every night, we were watching it from our windows.
Visited Top Man then, crazy nights at Crazy Pub in about 2003, the jerk off contests there.. But we mainly hung out at Ian and later Robbies' Le Cafe.

I never cared about Pattya gay scene history then, it was all there, who knew that it becomes folklore in such short time.
Now these stories, these characters are so interesting!

I really wish to meet Mickp, for the stories, and the history alone.

joe552
October 3rd, 2017, 04:05
Good luck with that!

arsenal
October 3rd, 2017, 06:41
Well Whitemouse, when Bogsville Mick opens his long awaited bar you will be able to spend many an hour listening to his endlessly entertaining tales of Sunee yore and folklore.

FarangRuMak
October 3rd, 2017, 15:04
Well Whitemouse, when Bogsville Mick opens his long awaited bar you will be able to spend many an hour listening to his endlessly entertaining tales of Sunee yore and folklore.
I've a novel location for his bar-on Pattaya Thai Rd & Third Rd corner opposite Tony's Gym.
It's an Aussie bar with Barbie food and women with big tits wearing wet t-shirts now.
The women part could be tweaked a little giving the gay lifestyle a much needed "out of the closet" platform while still keeping an Aussie theme.
As MFAS will tell you Sunnee is dying anyway.

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 15:51
Yeah the Aussie Walkabout Pub?

Went there and met Danny and his wife or " missus" as Danny said in his slang
Danny does look like he has had a hard life though being only 24

FarangRuMak
October 3rd, 2017, 21:36
We're halfway there already.
I don't believe it.
Prescience is a wonder.
Give Danny what he wants and the place is yours.
A small change from "Walk About"might be wise;
"Smoke About"
"Screw About"
"Prance About" etc.

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 23:01
The infamous Monty
Arrived in Thailand in 1995 originally from Perth Australia, but had been a hustler all his life and was born in the UK

He had been everywhere done everything, jail, business owner,pawnbroker, moneylender, high class waiter , etc etc
Owner of the most busiest bars in Sunee during the 90's pool bar, two guys guesthouse, costello's , and the theatre bar in jomtien complex

Described as a Fagin from oliver twist Monty died in Sept 2013
Aged 67

Mickp
October 3rd, 2017, 23:05
Oogleman

Owned the now defunct gay board Gay Ting Ting and was a regular visitor to Pattaya during the early 2000's

Sadly his last post many years ago spoke of ill health

No update on him

joe552
October 4th, 2017, 02:22
Mickp, I wonder if some of the people you mention have moved from Pattata (your headline) to Pattaya? Sorry, I'm a spelling snob. And yes, there's a lot you can do with that phrase.

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 02:44
Joe do you think Latin was right when he said he thinks your bored?

joe552
October 4th, 2017, 02:56
Yes, one of the the few times I've agreed with him

scottish-guy
October 4th, 2017, 18:20
Must admit I never noticed Pattata in the thread title.

I think Multi-Millionaire Mick is actually holed up in a cheap run-down hostel in Benidorm and has mixed Thailand up with the Patatas Bravas he got for lunch down at the God's Love soup kitchen.

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 18:35
Bogsville Mick tends to post when under the influence.

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 18:53
You tend to post whilst wanking

joe552
October 4th, 2017, 18:54
But not the affluence! Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 19:01
Must admit I never noticed Pattata in the thread title.

I think Multi-Millionaire Mick is actually holed up in a cheap run-down hostel in Benidorm and has mixed Thailand up with the Patatas Bravas he got for lunch down at the God's Love soup kitchen.

I guess....not all Scots are canny with their money !!
Surprised SG you are going towards 50yo and still renting

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:03
Bogsville Mick wrote.
"You tend to post whilst wanking."

Another gem from our favourite illiterate. An Evening with Boggy.....coming to a Sydney theatre soon.

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 19:08
Tough now...but you ran like an old rabbit in Sunee old man.

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:11
If you say so Bogsville. Run rabbit run rabbit run run run.

scottish-guy
October 4th, 2017, 19:19
...Surprised SG you are going towards 50yo and still renting

Mick - take a hint - if you actually know nothing about a person then just making stuff up will get you found out .

Firstly I have never said I was "going towards 50"

Secondly? Renting what? Boys? If you're talking about property I've owned my own home since 1986 (yeah work that out) and whilst it's now worth 5 or 6 times what I paid for it its not in London - so not enough to just pack it all in, sell up, and live on the proceeds given that I plan on living another 3 decades.

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:23
Bogsville Mick becomes more erudite with each passing pint, does he not?

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 19:31
SG you are the one making stuff up about me...u claim I'm eating from a soup kitchen in Europe somewhere.

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:34
Ah. Scottish. You've hurt Bogsville Micks feelings. Tut tut. Poor sensitive Boggy.
😭

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:42
Your sympathy is noted with disinterest. With all these posts/deletes you seem to be struggling to hold it together.

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 19:45
Now u got acid attacks ...lol...what a shithole of a country where they don't even speak English anymore

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 19:46
Oh that's ok I'm not living in that hole with high crime.high unemployment ,
You are...the pommy

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:47
We still do a kickass cream tea so it's not all bad. Scone with jam and cream anyone?

Mickp
October 4th, 2017, 19:48
Even Pauline Hanson went there and only lasted 3 days before she got out !

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 19:49
Send Ms Hanson my apologies for her distress.

scottish-guy
October 4th, 2017, 23:32
SG you are the one making stuff up about me...u claim I'm eating from a soup kitchen in Europe somewhere.

Be fair, I specified Benidorm

Mickp
October 5th, 2017, 01:23
Sorry don't know where the fuck Benidorm is but you asking why am I working everyday when u paid your house off 10 years ago!
Mad Scots Bastaard!

gerefan2
October 5th, 2017, 01:31
so not enough to just pack it all in, sell up, and live on the proceeds given that I plan on living another 3 decades.

Me too...I plan on living forever. So far so good...

Nirish guy
October 5th, 2017, 07:10
We still do a kickass cream tea so it's not all bad. Scone with jam and cream anyone?

Would that be a S'cone or a Sc"on" you're talking about there I wonder ? :)

FarangRuMak
October 5th, 2017, 15:40
Would that be a S'cone or a Sc"on" you're talking about there I wonder ? :)
Hope they're not as rock hard as the stone of scone.

arsenal
October 5th, 2017, 16:05
And please. The scone for afternoon tea should be plain. Anyone who serves fruit scones is just plain old common.

Nirish guy
October 5th, 2017, 16:14
Hope they're not as rock hard as the stone of scone.

I think some of the excuses for scones that I've been served up in many english tea rooms that have been sold to me masquerading as "fresh scones" have been roughly about the same age as the Stone of Scone, only as you say IT wasn't just as hard !

frequent
October 5th, 2017, 16:14
And please. The scone for afternoon tea should be plain. Anyone who serves fruit scones is just plain old common.Stands the Church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?

arsenal
October 5th, 2017, 16:33
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
Henry James

frequent
October 5th, 2017, 17:04
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the ceremony known as afternoon tea."
Henry JamesThen drinks and dinner. It was one of Auden's set I believe who coined the saying "Sodomy was invented to fill in the time between drinks and dinner" - an idea that possibly would have appealed to Henry James, closeted old queen though he was

arsenal
October 5th, 2017, 17:14
For me personally. Henry James is to Edith Wharton as a Mr Kipling French fancy is to an Opera.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_cake

frequent
October 5th, 2017, 17:20
For me personally. Henry James is to Edith Wharton as a Mr Kipling French fancy is to an Opera.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_cakeA Mr Kipling French fancy? I'd have thought a French tickler more to your taste

joe552
October 5th, 2017, 17:30
Henry James, Edith Wharton, Mr. Kipling - ah lads, you're all getting a bit high-brow for this particular pleb!

FarangRuMak
October 5th, 2017, 23:05
Did you kick out the giants?

joe552
October 5th, 2017, 23:34
Sorry FRM, you're going to have to explain that one.

Khor tose
October 6th, 2017, 01:00
Henry James, Edith Wharton, Mr. Kipling - ah lads, you're all getting a bit high-brow for this particular pleb!

Not really too highbrow. Henry James and Edith Wharton are two of Americas best authors, but both are read less and less as the years past. While great, their works are dated. Henry James called Kipling "the most complete man of genius, as distinct from fine intelligence, that I have ever known." I am not completely sure what James meant by that, but while he is read less and less,IMHO Kipling's stories are still nearly as entertaining as the day they were written.

FarangRuMak
October 6th, 2017, 01:23
Sorry FRM, you're going to have to explain that one.
Are you not standing on the shoulders of Giants?
Thus you're hardly a pleb.

FarangRuMak
October 6th, 2017, 01:30
Not really too highbrow. Henry James and Edith Wharton are two of Americas best authors, but both are read less and less as the years past. While great, their works are dated. Henry James called Kipling "the most complete man of genius, as distinct from fine intelligence, that I have ever known." I am not completely sure what James meant by that, but while he is read less and less,IMHO Kipling's stories are still nearly as entertaining as the day they were written.
Boris (Teresa's nemesis) would agree with Henry James on that one.
The British ambassador had to tell him in diplomatic terms to STFU becsuse he recited the colonial 'Road to Mandalay' while making merit in a big Burmese temple within earshot of all and sundry. Then he followed up with another ditty about bringing the British soldiers back or something like that.

joe552
October 6th, 2017, 03:35
I thought that clip of the Ambassador telling Boris to STFU was hilarious.

FarangRuMak
October 6th, 2017, 15:25
But he did it diplomatically.
When a reserved Englishman tells you that such and such is "inappropriate " or worse still "wholly inappropriate " that's the equivalent of STFU.
Boris just kept on muttering rhymes like a schoolboy who's found with the biscuit tin but carries on eating after the fact.
Yes, hilarious.
(Memo to the Yanks: The English don't have 'Cookie Jars')