PDA

View Full Version : 23yo going through puberty?

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 10:49
How crazy of a concept is this? He'll be 23 in a couple months, and I'm pretty confident he's going through puberty right now.

Aside from the past year of his life, he's never had a good diet. For example, when he was a small child his mom would buy him a new shirt once every year, type of thing. When he was 13 he got shipped off and lived in temples until he was 21, so his diet hasn't exactly been the greatest.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm sure I'm right. Same as I pegged him as pre-diabetic, and I was right about that. When I began explaining blood sugar to him, sure enough he piped up and said, "oh yeah, my doctor said my blood sugar is low and only 44%". I have no idea what that means either, but was enough to tell me I was right, and his insulin production levels suck. It's no problem, he just has to be careful with his diet.

How crazy is it for a nearly 23yo to go through puberty, or at least a variation of it? I don't know who the hell he is half the time anymore, and for a good while he had me convinced I was just being blind, drunk and crazy. But no, confirmed, that's not true. I know this now, because he has loads of new hair. Lots of new hair on his ass crack and armpits, plus lots of little new hairs on his bum, lower back, shoulders, etc. So if his body is changing like that, then his mind must be too, right?

How crazy is this? Can the development of a human be stunted that much due to diet?

B

Up2U
September 29th, 2017, 11:35
I think we know who hasn't reached puberty yet.

frequent
September 29th, 2017, 11:59
I think we know who hasn't reached puberty yet.He's certainly needy

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 12:53
He's certainly needy

Of course I'm needy. I'm blind now. What the fuck do you expect?

Nonetheless, I just realized while he was sitting at the desk playing his game, he also now how new hair on his upper thighs. As screwed up as it sounds, he's going through puberty, or at least a variation of it.

That's why I can't figure him out anymore. He doesn't even understand who he is, so how am I supposed to?
n

frequent
September 29th, 2017, 12:59
Of course I'm needy. I'm blind now. You mistake the meaning of needy. It's the meaning "needing emotional support; insecure". Teenagers are often described as "needy" meaning they think of themselves and want everyone to behave as if they and their needs are the centre of the universe

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 13:10
Yes, I'm the center of the universe right now. I'm blind, and I'm the one who pays the bills. If he doesn't like it, he can fuck off back to Laos.

Seriously though, when you're blind, pretty much everything scares you. I need to know every detail of my life, house, yard, husband, business, and everything else. I need to know the small Thai chillis are in the fridge door, top shelf, left corner. I need to know the funnel to refill the dishwashing soap bottle is on the second shelf of the just below the microwave.

Sounds insane, but I need to know these things. Same as I need to know what the fuck is going on with my husband.

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 13:26
For another example, when he leaves the house, I need to know where he's going. If he's just getting food, I know it's about 10 - 30 minutes. If he's going to exercise and run around the lake, I know it's 2 - 3 hours. If he's going to hang out with a friend, I know it's about 5 - 6 hours.

As insane as it sounds, I need to know this shit now. because even a new patch of grass on the road scares me now.

Nonetheless, I'm certain I'm right. He's going through puberty at nearly 23yo. I thought it was me being crazy for a while, but he's definitely growing more hair now. If his body is changing this rapidly, then his mind probably is too.

Smiles
September 29th, 2017, 14:13
OK let's get this straight: so now your boyfriend who doesnt sleep with you has early onset diabetes and is growing wads of black hair up his ass crack and other places and the great move to Chiang Mai has turned out to be NOT that great after all and then out of the blue is conjoured up a new brain fart which seems to have Vientiane as the object of a new diaspora but wait wait wait the chilis have been f%$#€&

Nirish guy
September 29th, 2017, 14:18
Smiles I don't know why I'm get a strange feeling more and more these days that you're just not buying this CDNMATT stuff, OMG you're SUCH A CYNIC as I mean of COURSE it's all true, go on Matt, tell us all again just how true all this stuff is and how it's just your life and how Smiles is being very bold questioning the word of a blind man and stuff, that should put him in his place Matt, go on you tell him Matt !! :-) I mean it's ok for HIM, he's not the blind one, having to cope with an out of date Visa, two dogs and and prepubescent boy living with him up to now eh, I'd like to see how HE would cope eh Matt. Yeah Matt you tell him, take no shit, you blind people have enough to look out for for without having to deal with people like Smiles ( and the rest of us) doubting your EVERY word too I bet !

bobsaigon2
September 29th, 2017, 14:23
Hmmmm..... Well, so much for being enraptured by a smooth young Asian body. Hope you can convince him not to allow facial hair to grow unattended.

Now, since plot twists seem to be quite frequent here, perhaps you should consider the possibility that it's not Leo whose hair is disturbing you. Leo is back in Laos attending to family matters and he has sent his friend/brother/cousin to fill in for him for a while, having thoroughly briefed him on the details of living with/caring for Matt. Could happen.

Smiles
September 29th, 2017, 14:30
Goddamn it ... I lost 60% of that post while editing it.
Can't go through that again, and I was on a roll. Damn! Fun while it lasted, chances like that are few and fleeting.

joe552
September 29th, 2017, 15:03
Oh dear, are we close to the end of another "husband" for our Matt?

frequent
September 29th, 2017, 15:09
Yes, I'm the center of the universe right nowBut none of us give a shit, so you're no more interesting than any other whining adolescent - except for the entertainment value, such as it is

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2017, 16:00
On the bright side - if he's genuinely just starting puberty there are plenty of farangs hanging about Sunee who will take him off your hands

bobsaigon2
September 29th, 2017, 16:06
Not if he's now as hirsute as Matt describes.

a447
September 29th, 2017, 16:31
Seriously though, when you're blind, pretty much everything scares you. I need to know every detail of my life, house, yard, husband, business, and everything else. I need to know the small Thai chillis are in the fridge door, top shelf, left corner. I need to know the funnel to refill the dishwashing soap bottle is on the second shelf of the just below the microwave.

That's a lot to remember. How do you do it?

Do you write it down on a piece of paper and stick it on the fridge?

Can the development of a human be stunted that much due to diet?

Well, mental development certainly can.

You're living proof.

How long do you intend flooding the board with this crap, Matt?

francois
September 29th, 2017, 16:34
Likely not puberty but onset of lycanthrope aka werewolf. Be care matt!

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2017, 17:39
Likely not puberty but onset of lycanthrope aka werewolf...

One of my favourite movie lines I memorised as a kid:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright

whitemouse
September 29th, 2017, 17:59
One of my favourite movie lines I memorised as a kid:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright

And it is autumn. Coincidence? I think not!

Matt, are you sure this man in your house is Leo from Laos? Leo could have hired some Thai guy to fill in for him, while he is spending time with his other family.

whitemouse
September 29th, 2017, 18:01
Matt, how do you know Leo from Laos is 23? Did he tell you?

scottish-guy
September 29th, 2017, 18:14
I used to be a werewolf but I'm all right NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

FarangRuMak
September 29th, 2017, 18:57
I'm now convinced that this "persona" is on its last legs.
Its posts of late are intrusions and remind me of what an attention-seeking child does when the other family members ignore him.

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 19:37
Matt, how do you know Leo from Laos is 23? Did he tell you?

Nope, I know. First time he came to see me last July he was denied entry at the border due to not having an address to give immigration. I could see back then, and convinced him to send me a scan of his passport. I lied a little and said it was so I could brbibe the police for him, but in reality I just wanted to check his age.

Yes, he's 22 and will be 23 later this year. I'm sure, he's just had a really shitty diet his whole life. Now he has this crazy, blind farang husband who loves to cook, and makes him delicious meals filled with veggies and protein every night. His body is catching up.

At least I don't have to question my own sanity anymore. He's the one being crazy, not me. I even have the body hair to prove it now. :)

whitemouse
September 29th, 2017, 19:48
Now he has this crazy, blind farang husband who loves to cook, and makes him delicious meals filled with veggies and protein every night. His body is catching up.

Your cooking is kickass, everybody knows!
But unless one of ingredients of your chicken stir fry is HGH, I doubt it can make ass hair grow.

At least I don't have to question my own sanity anymore. He's the one being crazy, not me.

Great! At least there is someone out there not questioning it.

whitemouse
September 29th, 2017, 19:58
Lots of new hair on his ass crack and armpits, plus lots of little new hairs on his bum, lower back, shoulders, etc.

Is it possible that you are confusing one of your cool dogs for Leo from Laos? That would explain all the hair.

bobsaigon2
September 29th, 2017, 20:40
Is it possible that you are confusing one of your cool dogs for Leo from Laos? That would explain all the hair.

That's really very funny.

The question is (and the answer may be obvious to all except me), why does Matt persist in revealing the details of his life to people who are almost universally in disbelief? Wouldn't it be more fulfilling for him to post on one of the other boards where the membership would find him more credible?

goji
September 29th, 2017, 20:57
Aside from the past year of his life, he's never had a good diet. For example, when he was a small child his mom would buy him a new shirt once every year, type of thing.

People do not eat shirts. Even in Laos. It's not a great example.

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 21:03
People do not eat shirts. Even in Laos. It's not a great example.

Yes, it's a good example. It means he's wasn't properly loved and taken care of as a child. That's why when he was 13, they shipped him off to the temple where he spend the next 78 years of his life.

Anyway, I just finished shower sex, so I don't give a fuck anymore. I'm calm again. :)

extronaut
September 29th, 2017, 21:25
Is his voice cracking?

Or could it just be that he's been with you for a while now, so he figures it's OK to stop shaving/waxing?

cdnmatt
September 29th, 2017, 21:38
No, voice isn't cracking, and he had pubes when we first met. And no, he's not shaving. He's just getting new body hair.

Crazy as it sounds, it's true. He's a near 23yo going through puberty. I'm sure of it.

frequent
September 30th, 2017, 04:45
At least I don't have to question my own sanity anymore.There's always someone who won't join in!
That's why when he was 13, they shipped him off to the temple where he spend the next 78 years of his life.That would certainly explain the additional body hair. Some old guys get more hair - ears and nose for example - as they age

cdnmatt
September 30th, 2017, 05:44
There's always someone who won't join in!That would certainly explain the additional body hair. Some old guys get more hair - ears and nose for example - as they age

No, no, the new hair he's getting is like he's a 14 year old going through pubertyu. It's all over. Again, ass crack, bottom back, shoulders, legs, shoulders, etc. It's everywhere. I don't care, but at least I now know what's going on with him.

And on the point of my sanity, I think I might have CTE. I don't know yet, I'll have to go get another MRI done. Could just be alcohol and sleep deprivation, but I don't think so. I think when I cracked my skull open, it did more than just make me lose my vision. I don't know yet, will need to get tested again. For a couple months now though, my impulse control and cognitive dissonance has been totally out of whack.

Maybe it's just another phase in learning how to be bline. Maybe it's just my drinking. I don't think so though. I think the proteins in my brain are all screwed up now, and I may have CTE.

gerefan2
September 30th, 2017, 06:05
Could just be alcohol and sleep deprivation,

Yes indeed, alcohol deprivation can have some serious side effects.

cdnmatt
September 30th, 2017, 06:40
No, it's been 16 years, and I drink like a fucken champion. It's not just that.

I'm sure, there's more.

You know the huge debate about NFL players kneeling in the US right now? Due to that, there's been news reports about CTE, because they keep cracking their heads together for some reason, and it causes them to have CTE. I think that fall I took in my backyard may habve had the same consequences.

bobsaigon2
September 30th, 2017, 07:52
And your reason for wanting to continue posting among the unbelievers instead of moving to another board is......?

cdnmatt
September 30th, 2017, 07:59
Because this board has a good and clean HTML format, making it easy for me to navigate. Can't do that with the other boards, because they have shitty themes.

Smiles
September 30th, 2017, 08:05
" ...I drink like a fucken champion. It's not just that ... I'm sure, there's more ... "
I'm sure as well. But now I'm disappointed: you are denigrating yourself (The spectacularly Self-Absorbed rarely do that). Here I was just getting used to your crowning yourself 'Centre of the Universe' -- like Napoleon -- and you come along drearily down-market as just another 'champion' ... a "fucken" one at that.
I'm sure all is not lost as you will attack that ladder once again ... rung by rung, and slowly as you're blind.

Anyway ... a question. How do you actually read this message board?
I understand there are various options available for you blind dudes when you want to type/reply digitally. But what digital app (??) gives you the ability to read? I really would like to know, eh.

(Sometime later): Forget it. I found out 'how' myself. :))

a447
September 30th, 2017, 09:35
And your reason for wanting to continue posting among the unbelievers instead of moving to another board is......?

I think "matt" has known for a long time that members no longer believe him. He is the creation of someone here - someone bored shitless and with too much time on his hands. And sadly, without friends who could relieve that boredom.

So he sits at home alone all day by the computer, and passes the time by coming up with ever more fanciful stories. But they are stories more for his own entertainment, rather than for ours.

Very sad.

cdnmatt
September 30th, 2017, 11:11
It's called Orca. the most popular screen reader for LINUX. Windows users generally use either NVDA or JAWS.

Mickp
September 30th, 2017, 11:31
I think "matt" has known for a long time that members no longer believe him. He is the creation of someone here - someone bored shitless and with too much time on his hands. And sadly, without friends who could relieve that boredom.

So he sits at home alone all day by the computer, and passes the time by coming up with ever more fanciful stories. But they are stories more for his own entertainment, rather than for ours.

Very sad.

Odds on he just wouldn't have one name on this board so im thinking who else in this board he could be

christianpfc
September 30th, 2017, 11:48
23yo going through puberty?

I never looked at it from that perspective, but in my experience the mental development of Thai males (no personal research about females, but what I read elsewhere suggests a similar development) stops around age 10-15,while their physical development is like ours.

I wish it was the other way round! LOL
(The LOL is for those who don't recognize a pedophile joke even if it kicks them in the balls.)

So yes, a 23yo being in puberty can not just explain your observations, but some things that have puzzled me as well!

Mickp
September 30th, 2017, 12:06
Christian link to your blog please and why isnt it on your posts?

You know I repeatedly asked you to meet me in Pattaya but you done your best to evade me

Im still in love with you :kiss:so dont think u got away

scottish-guy
September 30th, 2017, 14:18
Mick - your forgetting to drop the spelling errors into your latest posts.

Just so you know.

Mickp
September 30th, 2017, 15:36
Im also forgetting the......

Screamaloud
October 1st, 2017, 09:32
Matt is blind. Give the guy a break.
He has just mistaken his boyfriend for a stray soi dog who has taken up residence in his humble mansion.

frequent
October 1st, 2017, 09:43
Matt is blind. Give the guy a break.
He has just mistaken his boyfriend for a stray soi dog who has taken up residence in his humble mansion.I'm thinking that there'll be a movie - Legally Blind. It will be similar to Legally Blonde, and the dog will play the part of Matt's catamite5500

MiniMee
October 1st, 2017, 10:41
Mick - your forgetting to drop the spelling errors into your latest posts. I see that you're compensating for him.

scottish-guy
October 1st, 2017, 14:09
Always like to keep my audience amused MiniMee!

My only excuse is I posted it from my Iphone (usually use laptop) and whilst it's very handy I often find it difficult to notice errors.

Apologies to all those offended by my grammatical error (not sure it's a spelling one though)

arsenal
October 2nd, 2017, 07:42
Yea Skottish, wotch the spellin. I really don't want to have to appoint Minimee as authorised Spellchecker Bod.

marti
October 4th, 2017, 17:18
Will someone explain how a blind man reads all of the crap on here?

joe552
October 4th, 2017, 17:26
Marti, do you mean how or why? I believe he uses an app (or whatever they're called) to read aloud for him. As to why: only God knows.

arsenal
October 4th, 2017, 17:40
Marti wrote
"Will someone explain how a blind man reads all of the crap on here?"

He doesn't have to read that much. He writes most of it himself.

Moses
October 4th, 2017, 23:30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_reader

a447
October 5th, 2017, 07:40

One you get an explanation of that, ask him how he types.

His answer is a real hoot!

cdnmatt
October 5th, 2017, 10:15
I both, read and type with a screen reader. Check the link Moses gave above.

Fuck me are you ever thick a447. I think this is probably the 148th time I've told you.

Nirish guy
October 5th, 2017, 15:10
Does that include the auto typos then or do you add those in later just for effect ??

a447
October 5th, 2017, 15:16
Fuck me are you ever thick a447. I think this is probably the 148th time I've told you.

I've asked you the same question over and over again regarding how you can make huge typing errors when the keys actually sound out each letter. It would be impossible to type something like "ggghuygfddddr" as you did in a previous post.

That's the explanation you've always refused to give.

I don't need you to tell me 148 times.

Just once will suffice.

Moses
October 5th, 2017, 15:29
I've asked you the same question over and over again regarding how you can make huge typing errors when the keys actually sound out each letter.

that's going on only when you use keyboard, not at time when you "type" by voice.

Nirish guy
October 5th, 2017, 15:34
But Matt DOES use the keyboard I thought, he's told us that many times i.e he was a bit ropey on it at the start but now he's a dab hand at it - so just for the record and for clarity then Matt so is it that you "read" the board via your screen reader which vocalises the words to you and then you manually TYPE your replies yourself, manually, by your own hand, on your own normal keyboard - so is THAT how it works then ? Or is it all just a combination of both of those things perhaps - you know, to keep all your options open then so to speak ( or type) in your case ......?

PS how are plans for the big move going Matt, it's all gone very quiet on that front, only a few weeks now until you go at the start of November, have you started packing already or will Leo have to do all of that for you when he gets a chance just ?

cdnmatt
October 5th, 2017, 18:20
I'm getting tired of constantly explaining the same thing over and over.

All I use is the Orca screen reader, and that's it. I sit here on my bed, headphones on, USB keyboard on my lap, and laptop about 2 feet off to the side.

The screen reader reads everything out loud, plus is supported by various programs such as Firefox, allowing for various keyboard shortcuts to navigate web sites, etc. The screen reader then also speaks out loud for every keyboard stroke, which is how I write.

This is pretty much how all blind people use a computer.

a447
October 5th, 2017, 19:25
The screen reader then also speaks out loud for every keyboard stroke, which is how I write.

So......

how did you manage to type all that gobbledygook - the long line of consonants if, as you say, "the screen reader speaks out loud"?

Have you also gone deaf?

whitemouse
October 5th, 2017, 19:31
So......

Have you also gone deaf?

That's next chapter. No spoilers, please!

joe552
October 5th, 2017, 19:37
Ah come on lads, give Matt a break. First he discovers he's blind, which leads him to shag his hairy dog thinking it's his boyfriend, and now he's gone deaf. I mean, there's only so much a normal man can take.

scottish-guy
October 5th, 2017, 19:39
10 inches I believe

joe552
October 5th, 2017, 19:43
Haha, in your dreams, SG!

a447
October 5th, 2017, 21:49
Ah come on lads, give Matt a break.

No way! He's loving it.

I mean, there's only so much a normal man can take.

It's ok. Matt is clearly not normal!

cdnmatt
October 6th, 2017, 00:38
No, actually I don't like it. Actually, I don't give a shit anymore. Back after I first went blind and was trying to figure out how to navigate life again, then it sucked having to put up with immature asshole man-childs such as yourself. It's been over a year now though, I'm good at being blind now, so doesn't bother me anymore.

And if you're normal, thank fuck I'm abnormal.

joe552
October 6th, 2017, 00:45
Well Matt, you're certainly that!

samebb
October 6th, 2017, 03:15
So this blind guy uses a text to speech screen reader to read this forum.. ok.

Maybe he can explain how he knows what the "theme" of this site looks like in comparison to other similar websites?
Seems like a lot of lies to me. I couldn't even finish reading the thread. Way too painful.

cdnmatt
October 6th, 2017, 04:02
Because I've been blind 12.5 months. This site hasn't changed much, at least not in textual and HTML format. Headings are still a "h1" tag, posts are still wrapped around "blockquote" tags, etc.

Smiles
October 6th, 2017, 09:48
So Matt ... how's the move to Vientiane coming along?
You've not mentioned this apparently important issue for some time now. First you dropped Chiang Mai as a cut-in-stone destination , and never mentioned it again. Then you posted ad nauseum regarding a huge move out of Thailand and into Lao. Closing in on a month now, and that excursion seems to have been left in the dust.
So whats the latest? Whats the story? Phnom Penh?

" ... I've been blind 12.5 months ... "

Jesus H Christ, it seems like 12.5 fuckin' years!

arsenal
October 6th, 2017, 10:00
I am confused as to what you get from all this nonsense Matt? There must be other message boards that cater for your immature notions of what constitutes online conversation.

cdnmatt
October 6th, 2017, 10:05
I was hoping for Dec 5th, but looks like that's getting pushed back until Jan 5th.

frequent
October 6th, 2017, 15:12
... what constitutes online conversation.Oh dear me. I've just picked myself up off the floor. "Online conversation"??!!! A bunch of anonymous (mostly) old sodomites gossiping about prostitutes!!??? I come here to be entertained by "follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies ... and I laugh at them whenever I can" as Jane Austen wrote

Nirish guy
October 6th, 2017, 16:41
I was hoping for Dec 5th, but looks like that's getting pushed back until Jan 5th.

3rd Sept.......
Ok, this is quite weird and awkward. Simply put, we're out of this house on Nov 6th, and instead of getting a new house in Khon Kaen, I've decided to just bootstrap it, and move us to Chaing Mai instead. Not exactly how I planned this, but it's what's going to happen."

So, not quite the "this is what's going to happen" thing after all then, oh what a difference a month makes eh, so what happened did your apparently homphobic landlord take pity on you and relent and decide not to evict you when he realised that you couldn't just up sticks and bootstrap it out of there after all without the risk of your being arrested ? Aww that was nice of him after all......

arsenal
October 6th, 2017, 16:49
You've never come across as much of a giggler Freakybum but I suppose I could be wrong.

whitemouse
October 6th, 2017, 18:02

Didn't you have to be out of your house by Nov 5th, that was set in stone deadline.
It was during moving to Chiang Mai period of your life, 2 months ago

kittyboy
October 6th, 2017, 19:56
You guys must be bored - picking on Matt and his moving plans.
Reminds me of my days in junior high school and lunch room drama.

Smiles
October 6th, 2017, 21:38
" ... You guys must be bored - picking on Matt and his moving plans ... "
Have no fear Kitty, Matt is just the bullying de jour.
Next up ... our friend 'Whiterat'. You should be happy, being a pussy and all that.

cdnmatt
October 6th, 2017, 21:41
Didn't you have to be out of your house by Nov 5th, that was set in stone deadline.
It was during moving to Chiang Mai period of your life, 2 months ago

It was, as the owners want to renovate this house, and they come to Thailand every winter. Then I realized Novv 5th just wasn't going to happen, so I offered a self-imposed rent increase in exchange for extending the lease by 6 months. They agreed.

a447
October 6th, 2017, 21:45
Nobody is "picking on" him.

Matt is playing a game and we are just having a laugh. It's exactly what he wants, as it gives him a chance to tell us yet again that he is blind, as well as come up with some new drama to keep himself busy.

arsenal
October 6th, 2017, 23:07
Unless I'm mistaken it was Kim from Khon Kaen, then Leo from Laos but that's coming to an end soonish as he exits stage left, unable to contend with Matts deteriorating vision problems. So, who next?
Ba from Burma?
Vu Hong from Vietnam?
Manny from Malaysia?
Chhum fron Cambodia?
Sam from Singapore?
Chang from China?
Paneer from The Punjab?

I can't wait.

cdnmatt
October 7th, 2017, 00:53
Yes, I've had two BFs from SE Asia in 8 years. Holy shit, there's no way that's true!

*shakes head*

frequent
October 7th, 2017, 03:30
Yes, I've had two BFs from SE Asia in 8 years"husbands", surely?

cdnmatt
October 7th, 2017, 04:50
Nah, Kim was just a BF, and not a very good one at that.

Don't know, chance Leo and myself will get legally married. All depends if he likes Canada enough for me to sponsor him for PR status.

frequent
October 7th, 2017, 06:22
Nah, Kim was just a BF, and not a very good one at that.a447 will now find and quote a post were you referred to Kim as your "husband", possibly in the context of your already-existing husband back in Canada

cdnmatt
October 7th, 2017, 07:50
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't think I've ever referred to Kim as my husband. Maybe I did during some night of drunk posting, but never loved him like that.

And who cares what that old cuck thinks. Just look at how explicitly he describes every sexual encounter he has while in Thailand. What kind of demented individual does that?

a447
October 7th, 2017, 07:54
Yep, always a good idea to back up your criticisms with evidence - preferably someone's own words, if possible.

You'd know that, wouldn't you frequent, as I have quoted you back to yourself a number of times.

And you've absolutely hated it.

But I've absolutely loved it!

Lol

a447
October 7th, 2017, 07:56
Just look at how explicitly he describes every sexual encounter he has while in Thailand. What kind of demented individual does that?

The same kind of "demented individual" who reads them, I guess.

kittyboy
October 7th, 2017, 08:22
Yep..this posting does remind me of junior high school lunch room drama.
14 year old boys at their best and worst.

arsenal
October 7th, 2017, 08:31
The majority of this board is like that Kittyboy. Except when Scottish sobers up to post and then it becomes like a meeting of politics 'A' level students in their first week.

kittyboy
October 7th, 2017, 08:39
All members are free and indeed, encouraged to begin threads on topics that interest them Kittyboy.
Yes..I am aware of that.and I think members are also encouraged to post their thoughts and observations.
My thoughts and observations are my fellow members on this website are amusing me as it reminds me of a passel of bratty boys taunting and jeering at each other..mostly in good fun. And without landing any serious blows but with the occasional witty comment.

arsenal
October 7th, 2017, 08:46
Kittyboy wrote.
"And without landing any serious blows but with the occasional witty comment."

Until very recently no one crossed the line but that changed and will, if left unchecked bring more psychos here who think they can make threats with impunity.

kittyboy
October 7th, 2017, 08:56
Kittyboy wrote.
"And without landing any serious blows but with the occasional witty comment."

Until very recently no one crossed the line but that changed and will, if left unchecked bring more psychos here who think they can make threats with impunity.

I think you guys..the moderators do a great job.. I am pretty sure you don't get paid for all this and I appreciate that I can get on this website and get information, amusement, fellowship etc. Carry on the good work.

As for the topic at hand. I am glad that you did not tolerate any sort of threats..etc. (I am assuming that is what happened..I don't know).
You do need to attract new people to the board it can be a bit old seeing the same posters ..year after year.
Good luck in boosting membership AND keeping the psychos away.

bobsaigon2
October 7th, 2017, 10:11
While we're on the subject, I thought if one of the consistently negative posters could be convinced to voluntarily abstain from posting, perhaps the others would follow suit.

I did broach the subject with one of them but he replied with his schoolboy Latin: "cum volare porcos", so it looks like things will remain the same until those swine are airborne.

kittyboy
October 7th, 2017, 11:32
While we're on the subject, I thought if one of the consistently negative posters could be convinced to voluntarily abstain from posting, perhaps the others would follow suit.

I did broach the subject with one of them but he replied with his schoolboy Latin: "cum volare porcos", so it looks like things will remain the same until those swine are airborne.

cum volare porco = When pigs fly

I was under the impression that the invention of the Aeroplane and the subsequent sex tourist (read that as sex pigs) travel phenomenon to thailand had made that particular school boy taunt obsolete. The poster you contacted needs to go back to their latin to english primer and gin up a better school boy taunt.
I have an image of unsteady hands turning the yellowed pages of an ancient latin primer.. or was "cum volare porcos" written to you as a pretense of education?

bobsaigon2
October 7th, 2017, 11:55
The poster I contacted was an elderly gentleman of the old school, well educated during his day, but probably incapable of devising more modern taunts. These days there is no call for him to use Latin frequently.

frequent
October 7th, 2017, 12:52
cum volare porco = When pigs fly Are these the same pigs we are discouraged from casting our pearls before?

... more psychos here who think they can make threats with impunity.Like a447 you mean?

scottish-guy
October 7th, 2017, 19:10
Hard to believe this ludicrous thread has garnered almost 3000 views.

Tempted to attribute that to "Puberty" being in the title - which would be quite disturbing

bobsaigon2
October 7th, 2017, 20:50
You're spot on, SG. It's that word that garners attention.

kittyboy
October 7th, 2017, 22:25
The poster I contacted was an elderly gentleman of the old school, well educated during his day, but probably incapable of devising more modern taunts. These days there is no call for him to use Latin frequently.

The key phrase being "educated during his day". Some characteristics of an educated man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally..even into dotage. Sadly someone advancing in age still using latin taunts learned as a boy meets neither criteria.

bobsaigon2
October 7th, 2017, 22:32
I'm sure he'll be crushed when he reads this.

cdnmatt
October 8th, 2017, 01:01
The key phrase being "educated during his day". Some characteristics of an educated man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally..even into dotage. Sadly someone advancing in age still using latin taunts learned as a boy meets neither criteria.

Not to nit pick, but there's a huge difference between educated and intelligent.

For example, Richard Branson isn't educated at all, and dropped out of school when he was 15.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 04:19
Some characteristics of an educated man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally..even into dotage.Do you have any evidence for this?

You're spot on, SG. It's that word that garners attention.Speak for yourself. I always check the poster and decide if it's an opportunity to mock - as, in this case, clearly it is

Any moment now a447 will happen along, attempting to point out that making such comments is in direct contradiction to the quote from Socrates. Unfortunately it's that sort of thing that completely contradicts kittyboy's assertion - suffering from Aspergers is no bar to being educated while completely lacking in EQ

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 07:44
Do you have any evidence for this?
Speak for yourself. I always check the poster and decide if it's an opportunity to mock - as, in this case, clearly it is

Any moment now a447 will happen along, attempting to point out that making such comments is in direct contradiction to the quote from Socrates. Unfortunately it's that sort of thing that completely contradicts kittyboy's assertion - suffering from Aspergers is no bar to being educated while completely lacking in EQ

Swap out intelligent for educated. That will probably not satisfy the nit pickers.

In either case there is strong evidence that people who are intellectually engaged with the rest of the world and have a desire to continue to learn are happier. In General. One can always point out some counter example. In GENERAL what I said is true.

People who have emotional intelligence which is the ability to manage and understand their feeling and understand the feelings of others..and display empathy are generally happier and more successful in life.

So going beyond the childlike mindset of a 14 year old boy and engaging the world at a level above your adolescent education and giving up school boy taunts and learning to grow emotionally are in GENERAL (Let me repeat in GENERAL) pathways to greater happiness...emotional and physical well being.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 08:59
In either case there is strong evidence that people who are intellectually engaged with the rest of the world and have a desire to continue to learn are happier. In General. One can always point out some counter example. In GENERAL what I said is true.And in general, I'll be happy to believe you when you can point to the strong evidence

cdnmatt
October 8th, 2017, 09:06
Counter example? Sure, just look at Trump as to why intelligence seems to no longer matter.

And no disrespect, but I could just as easily refute that in general, the more intelligent someone is, the more prone to depression they are. There's loads of examples of that in history.

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 09:26
And in general, I'll be happy to believe you when you can point to the strong evidence
What would you be happy to believe and what do you need evidence of? I do a small amount of research in this area. i can provide you with citations.
In general people who are more engaged with the world are happier and more successful. People who are more emotionally stable and mature are generally happier.
Do you really find that statement hard to believe?
But you may be one of those people who is immune to evidence.

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 09:30
Counter example? Sure, just look at Trump as to why intelligence seems to no longer matter.

And no disrespect, but I could just as easily refute that in general, the more intelligent someone is, the more prone to depression they are. There's loads of examples of that in history.
Trump is an angry man who is an idiot. As I said there are always examples that do not fit the IN GENERAL.

My comments are that IN GENERAL..As I said you can always come up with a small counter example. There is a small statistical relationship between intelligence and depression..OK..that in no way negates my original comment. Sorry.

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 09:44
And in general, I'll be happy to believe you when you can point to the strong evidence

Education Research International
Volume 2012 (2012)
Examining Relationships between Academic and Social Achievement Goals and Routes to HappinessChristopher O. Walker (https://www.hindawi.com/20161373/),1 Tina D. Winn (https://www.hindawi.com/54725161/),2 and Rachel M. Lutjens (https://www.hindawi.com/43908481/)1

You could start by reading this..There are many many many other articles in this area.
Read this article and comment. Please don't just comment on the abstract and please don't nit pick. Read it and address the general theme.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 09:46
What would you be happy to believe and what do you need evidence of? I do a small amount of research in this area. i can provide you with citations.Excellent. Please provide generally available evidence (the Internet is our only source of "generally available" evidence) of either of your assertions "Some characteristics of an educated man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally" or its revised alternative "Some characteristics of an intelligent man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally"

In general people who are more engaged with the world are happier and more successful. People who are more emotionally stable and mature are generally happier.Up until now that's not been your argument, and you're now engaged in a desperate attempt to redefine the topic
But you may be one of those people who is immune to evidence.We'll have to see what evidence you can produce of your original assertion

However, we're now into question-begging territory. What does "engaged with the world" mean? That seems to be a value judgment, not an objective one

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 09:51
Excellent. Please provide generally available evidence (the Internet is our only source of "generally available" evidence) of either of your assertions "Some characteristics of an educated man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally" or its revised alternative "Some characteristics of an intelligent man are the ability to continue to learn and grow intellectually and emotionally"
Up until now that's not been your argument, and you're now engaged in a desperate attempt to redefine the topicWe'll have to see what evidence you can produce of your original assertion

However, we're now into question-begging territory. What does "engaged with the world" mean? That seems to be a value judgment, not an objective one
And what evidence would you accept? I can give you citations for top psychology journals.
So you sort of accept my comments you just want more definitions? Or do you have specific comments?

And the comments I made are my argument..so I think you need to go back and read my comments. So tell me exactly which of my comments you disagree with and why. If you can not specifically state reasons then you have nothing.

bobsaigon2
October 8th, 2017, 10:07
OMG. Kittyboy, I fear that you may have pop-psyched the old gentleman to death.

Yes, he did use a single Latin phrase he learned in adolescence. Does that mean he never advanced emotionally or intellectually beyond that period of his life? Perhaps you have seen research to support such an analysis?

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 10:09
Examining Relationships between Academic and Social Achievement Goals and Routes to Happiness

You could start by reading this..There are many many many other articles in this areaExcellent. An article based on a study of "132 college students who were enrolled at a small, public liberal arts university in the Midwestern United States. A majority of these students were enrolled in psychology classes", so a really representative sample. The survey itself states that there are two forms of happiness, only one of which could be correlated to education or intelligence. In the Limitations section the following observation is made: "Specifically, the nature of the evidence does not support a causal link between examined variables even if one, in truth, does exist." The whole of the Conclusion section simply does not support your initial assertion

As you should be aware, Maslow's theory of Human Motivation has now been shown to be largely dependent on cultural assumptions and the whole area of studies of human behaviour has in recent years been opened up, with a number of long-accepted assumptions based on such studies being recently discredited, again for cultural reasons. I would hazard a guess that in a traditional society such as Thailand, even the educated Thais would find happiness through their sense of "Thai-ness" rather than intellectual curiosity. There have been assertions made that Singapore suffers a brain drain simply because many of its most educated citizens find Asian conformity too stifling

There are many studies of what makes people happier (ie. emotionally mature) that have nothing to do with education or intelligence - generosity (https://newrepublic.com/article/119477/science-generosity-why-giving-makes-you-happy) is one. I'm sure there are others. Intellectual snobbery by liberal elites (such as you) is one reason why so many people support Trump or Brexit

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 10:29
Excellent. An article based on a study of "132 college students who were enrolled at a small, public liberal arts university in the Midwestern United States. A majority of these students were enrolled in psychology classes", so a really representative sample. The survey itself states that there are two forms of happiness, only one of which could be correlated to education or intelligence. In the Limitations section the following observation is made: "Specifically, the nature of the evidence does not support a causal link between examined variables even if one, in truth, does exist." The whole of the Conclusion section simply does not support your initial assertion

As you should be aware, Maslow's theory of Human Motivation has now been shown to be largely dependent on cultural assumptions and the whole area of studies of human behaviour has in recent years been opened up, with a number of long-accepted assumptions based on such studies being recently discredited, again for cultural reasons. I would hazard a guess that in a traditional society such as Thailand, even the educated Thais would find happiness through their sense of "Thai-ness" rather than intellectual curiosity. There have been assertions made that Singapore suffers a brain drain simply because many of its most educated citizens find Asian conformity too stifling

There are many studies of what makes people happier (ie. emotionally mature) that have nothing to do with education or intelligence - generosity (https://newrepublic.com/article/119477/science-generosity-why-giving-makes-you-happy) is one. I'm sure there are others. Intellectual snobbery by liberal elites (such as you) is one reason why so many people support Trump or Brexit

As you must be aware Maslow never did have much empirical support.
So what are your objections to my statements?
You have not clearly stated what it is that you disagree with.
The article I posted as a reference is one of hundreds of studies. So what is your point? Yes it is a study with limitation. When you add the hundreds of other studies that have been done in the area you see a pattern and that pattern is consistent with my comments.
So again..what EXACTLY do you think is incorrect about my comments?
Clearly state where you disagree with my comments.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 10:37
Clearly state where you disagree with my comments.I haven't said anywhere that I disagree - re-read what I said carefully. What I've challenged you to do is back up your assertions with evidence. You've managed to provide an atypical survey that doesn't support your assertions. As they say in the Scottish courts - "not proven"

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 10:38
http://www.talentsmart.com/articles/Why-You-Need-Emotional-%20Intelligence-To-Succeed-389993854-p-1.html
http://www.6seconds.org/case/emotional-intelligence-and-career-success/
https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/how-emotional-intelligence-can-be-key-to-workplace-success-0104167
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-truisms-wellness/201509/does-emotional-intelligence-make-person-smart

The link between emotional intelligence and success.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 10:39
The link between emotional intelligence and success.Culturally defined

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 10:46
So your objection to my comments has something to do with something being culturally defined?? You are saying nothing.

If you can not articulate specific criticism of my comments the you have nothing.

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 10:50
I haven't said anywhere that I disagree - re-read what I said carefully. What I've challenged you to do is back up your assertions with evidence. You've managed to provide an atypical survey that doesn't support your assertions. As they say in the Scottish courts - "not proven"

So you do not disagree with my comments. So you agree with my comments. OK..well so what is the point of your postings?

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 10:54
So you do not disagree with my comments. So you agree with my comments. OK..well so what is the point of your postings?The same logical fallacy that religious believers use to say that someone who doesn't believe in God has their own belief system - atheism. As I said, my verdict is "not proven"

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 10:59
The same logical fallacy that religious believers use to say that someone who doesn't believe in God has their own belief system - atheism. As I said, my verdict is "not proven"

You have no specific arguments against my comments. OK. But your comments are kind of meaningless.
Please clearly state the logical fallacy in which I am engaging.
What is your point? You not disagree with my comments.
I posted several links to general articles about Emotional Intelligence and you made some comment about cultural which made no sense.
I can give you citations to meta analyses that show the link.

cdnmatt
October 8th, 2017, 11:19
kittyboy, you seem to be bouncing around between IQ and EQ. Which one are you talking about? They're two totally different things.

If you have a high IQ, you're probably highly intelligent, excellent at math and problem solving, logical and critical thinking, etc.

If you have a high EQ, then you're probably capable of soaking up this life and world like a sponge emotionally, can read people extremely well, can connect with people in a way others can't, and have a great deal of empathy.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 11:57
Please clearly state the logical fallacy in which I am engaging. What is your point? You not disagree with my comments.The logical fallacy is that if someone does not believe something they must therefore believe its opposite. Theists believe in a god, and many assert that those who don't believe in a god therefore "believe" there is no god. As an agnostic my view is whether there is a god or not is "not proven". Equally I neither agree nor disagree with what you have asserted; I merely find your assertions "not proven"

.. and you made some comment about cultural which made no sense.Apparently you believe in the cultural superiority of your own belief system and cannot acknowledge that other cultures may have differing views of what constitutes "happiness"

We are surrounded in the Western media with stories that say things like "One-in-five people have a mental illness" or "Happiness really only starts at 50", let alone more serious articles which state that the people most likely to be educated are those whose parents are relatively well off ie. the middle class. I don't find a scintilla of acknowledgement in your assertions or anything you have cited that takes account of such stories or the cultural relativity of what makes people happy

arsenal
October 8th, 2017, 12:36
This is a very interesting discussion. I think that historically the Caucasion male has shown himself to be the least 'happy' or content might be a better word. It is this discontentment that led them to colonise the entire world in search of something bigger-better-longer-stronger etc. Contentment seems to be related to surroundings in that there must be enough resources for everyone but also that those resources are available to all. In remote 'primitive' societies we don't witness Big Chiefy having tonnes of food while others go hungry. We do see this in 'advanced' ones though.

FarangRuMak
October 8th, 2017, 12:47
It has to do with the fallacy that it's legitimate to interpret the world through negativities.
Theism is a real position based on belief/faith ie strongly held opinion which exults in lack of supporting empirical evidence.
However this is not to say that A-Theism is an equal and opposite position which requires defending.
You don't say things like "this is my neighbour John the atheist" no more than you say "this is my uncle Peter the a-golfer"

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 12:51
You don't say things like "this is my neighbour John the atheist" ...Not to nitpick :mad: but I was actually introduced by someone in America who used that exact phrase :beee:

FarangRuMak
October 8th, 2017, 12:57
We do it all the time actually;
"This is my uncle Joe and he's a golfer"(sic).
How sick is that?

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 13:05
We do it all the time actually;
"This is my uncle Joe and he's a golfer"(sic).
How sick is that?If you regard golfing as some sort of perversion (as I do), very sick indeed

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 13:11
This is a very interesting discussion. I think that historically the Caucasion male has shown himself to be the least 'happy' or content might be a better word. It is this discontentment that led them to colonise the entire world in search of something bigger-better-longer-stronger etc. Contentment seems to be related to surroundings in that there must be enough resources for everyone but also that those resources are available to all. In remote 'primitive' societies we don't witness Big Chiefy having tonnes of food while others go hungry. We do see this in 'advanced' ones though.Very sage of you to say "I think that historically ..." before giving us your opinion. kittyboy has yet to learn such humility, he believes his opinions are facts

arsenal
October 8th, 2017, 15:31
Only numbers are facts. Everything else is opinion.

frequent
October 8th, 2017, 15:44
Only numbers are facts. Everything else is opinion.As the merchant replied when asked What's two plus two? - "Buying or selling?"

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2017, 18:00
Since the appointment of Head Judge Len as part of The Three Moderateers (one of whom moonlights as The Invisible Man) - we may, on the plus side have got rid of Mick The Dick but the boredom quotient of posts has increased dramatically.

Basically we seem to have 2 or 3 contributors who think we are in the least interested in hearing them reciting the thoughts of others - from Jane Austen to Oscar Wilde - presumably because they are incapable of original thoughts of their own.

Could these intellectual poseurs kindly either quit their literary mutual masturbation or (preferably) just shut the fuck up altogether?

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 18:14
Apparently you believe in the cultural superiority of your own belief system and cannot acknowledge that other cultures may have differing views of what constitutes "happiness"

You are setting up straw man arguments.
I make the argument that people are generally happier when they are more emotionally intelligent.
You are arguing for cultural relevance??
The studies done on emotional intelligence are done on groups that are culturally the same.
Your comments on cultural sensitivity are meaningless.

The data clearly supports my view. Sorry..You are wrong.
Look at the links I posted..and I can send you many academic links..How about a meta analysis or two or three? I am glad I could help with your education. As I said you will be happier when you continue to educate yourself. Don't give up on your own thought processes.

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 18:19
kittyboy, you seem to be bouncing around between IQ and EQ. Which one are you talking about? They're two totally different things.

If you have a high IQ, you're probably highly intelligent, excellent at math and problem solving, logical and critical thinking, etc.

If you have a high EQ, then you're probably capable of soaking up this life and world like a sponge emotionally, can read people extremely well, can connect with people in a way others can't, and have a great deal of empathy.
I agree.
I basically made to comments. One was based on EQ and the other on life engagement, not IQ.
IMHO EQ is easier to talk about.
Generally people who emotionally move beyond their emotional state when they were 14 year old adolescents and have control over their emotions are happier.
Generally when people move beyond the generally limited view of 14 year old adolescents and engage with the world around them are happier.
Those ideas I think are generally accepted by most people

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 18:21
Since the appointment of Head Judge Len as part of The Three Moderateers (one of whom moonlights as The Invisible Man) - we may, on the plus side have got rid of Mick The Dick but the boredom quotient of posts has increased dramatically.

Basically we seem to have 2 or 3 contributors who think we are in the least interested in hearing them reciting the thoughts of others - from Jane Austen to Oscar Wilde - presumably because they are incapable of original thoughts of their own.

Could these intellectual poseurs kindly either quit their literary mutual masturbation or (preferably) just shut the fuck up altogether?

Hmm..I am a bit dense. Exactly who are you asking to shut the fuck up?

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2017, 18:48
Well you know I dislike any kind of confrontation so I'll resist naming them.

You could just look through recent posts of people "treating" us to their literary or historical quotations.

If you find any from me - those don't count as I was clearly being ironic

:D

arsenal
October 8th, 2017, 18:49
Scottish. All members are encouraged to post on, or start topics which interest them. Leave Frequent and Kittyboy alone. A447 has given Frequent a 'like' so a possible thaw is in the offing (at least until they both realise it's far more fun to chuck barbs at each other) and doesn't require you stikin yor hor in. Thank you.

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2017, 19:25
Piss off Len.

I'll stick my hor wherever I want to

joe552
October 8th, 2017, 19:32
Francois, I really think it's time for another of your famous Meatloaf threads!

bobsaigon2
October 8th, 2017, 19:52
By the way folks, about my post #95, cum volare porco / When pigs fly:

It was a lighthearted attempt to point out the difficulty of removing undesirable posters.

And the follow up post #97? Both pure fiction, just figments (pigments?) of my imagination. Or, as we say these days, Fake News.

Didn’t take much to set Dr. Phil off on a psychoanalysis of the non-existent ”elderly gentleman” whom he accused of attempting a “pretense of education”, as well as having arrested emotional and intellectual development.

francois
October 8th, 2017, 20:08
Francois, I really think it's time for another of your famous Meatloaf threads!

I doubt that joe! A simple post about a successful dinner and 6 pages of follow up posts ending in a somewhat bizarre manner.

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 20:24
By the way folks, about my post #95, cum volare porco / When pigs fly:

It was a lighthearted attempt to point out the difficulty of removing undesirable posters.

And the follow up post #97? Both pure fiction, just figments (pigments?) of my imagination. Or, as we say these days, Fake News.

Didn’t take much to set Dr. Phil off on a psychoanalysis of the non-existent ”elderly gentleman” whom he accused of attempting a “pretense of education”, as well as having arrested emotional and intellectual development.

It is a slow week for me. Gee..I am up there with Dr. Phil. Is that a compliment or an insult?
It is all in good fun.

bobsaigon2
October 8th, 2017, 20:30
I am up there with Dr. Phil. Is that a compliment or an insult?
It is all in good fun.

A compliment or an insult? I'm sure you'll find people on both sides of the aisle. :)

cdnmatt
October 8th, 2017, 20:38
It is a slow week for me. Gee..I am up there with Dr. Phil. Is that a compliment or an insult?
It is all in good fun.

I don't know, but compliment from this end. Earlier this afternoon as the thread was progressing, I found myself thinking to myself, "hold shit, an actual adult conversation on SGT". :)

kittyboy
October 8th, 2017, 20:59
I don't know, but compliment from this end. Earlier this afternoon as the thread was progressing, I found myself thinking to myself, "hold shit, an actual adult conversation on SGT". :)

Matt..we will all quickly regress back to 14 year old school boy antics.

I do find it interesting that a major complaint by many of the poster here is the lack of emotional maturity of many Thai guys and that they are basically emotionally about 14 years old.
Lack of emotional maturity does seem to cause quite a few complaints here.

bobsaigon2
October 8th, 2017, 22:23
There are theorists who claim the attainment of emotional maturity is an ongoing struggle for gay men.

Over to you, Dr. Phil. :)

joe552
October 8th, 2017, 23:48
It is all in good fun Kittyboy? If this is your idea of fun I don't want to hang out with you, having a beer!

cdnmatt
October 8th, 2017, 23:58
There we go Joe.

You were right kittyboy, that didn't take long. :)

joe552
October 9th, 2017, 00:12
Matt, I think this cerebral discussion has gone on long enough. Back to your OP, do you still think Leo is now going through puberty?

kittyboy
October 9th, 2017, 00:51
There are theorists who claim the attainment of emotional maturity is an ongoing struggle for gay men.

Over to you, Dr. Phil. :)
LOL..I did my phd in part on the identity of gay men in the workplace. There may be something to your comment.
I think many gay men struggle with their personal identity and I would suspect that impacts their emotional development. Sometimes rejected by family, parts of society..etc.
And so what is your take on it?

kittyboy
October 9th, 2017, 00:53
Matt, I think this cerebral discussion has gone on long enough. Back to your OP, do you still think Leo is now going through puberty?

Sorry Joe..and if he is going through delayed puberty does he also exhibit signs of emotional delays? Is he say at the emotional level of a 14 year old boy? and does that cause you grief - lol.

cdnmatt
October 9th, 2017, 01:37

I actually quite liked the discussion. Would much rather talk about life and the human mind vs. my husband.

No idea, maybe he's just a bit of an eccentric individual who lives in a world of emotion instead of logical reasoning. He's definitely getting new body hair though.

joe552
October 9th, 2017, 05:25
I actually quite liked the discussion. Would much rather talk about life and the human mind vs. my husband.

If that's the case, why didn't you start a thread on it, rather than your "husband". You kicked it off.

Kittyboy, since I doubt the existence of Leo, his experience of puberty, delayed or not, is pure conjecture on all our parts.

bobsaigon2
October 9th, 2017, 08:22
LOL..I did my phd in part on the identity of gay men in the workplace. There may be something to your comment.
I think many gay men struggle with their personal identity and I would suspect that impacts their emotional development. Sometimes rejected by family, parts of society..etc.
And so what is your take on it?

My take? Lacking any knowledge of what studies may have been done on the age at which gay men of any country reach emotional maturity, I can only rely on anecdotal "evidence" and my own empirical observations. ( = I haven't got a clue. )

I can only say that most of the Thai guys I have met fall short of that maturity, and why shouldn't they. They're all around 20 years of age. And what appears to me to be emotionally immature behavior is at the same time clearly within the range of acceptable Thai norms. Possibly the Cambodian guys I have met in gay venues in Cambodia have appeared to be more emotionally mature, but this observation could be questioned in light of reports about the Cambodians working in the bars of Jomtien. ( = I'm still clueless. )

Speaking personally, I do not consider myself to be emotionally mature and given my present age, I doubt I'll attain that maturity during this incarnation. ( fact )

arsenal
October 9th, 2017, 11:56
As Matt's posts and the setting he has conceived are somewhat romanticised and wistful perhaps he's the one going through puberty. It would explain a lot.

Khor tose
October 10th, 2017, 05:46
As Matt's posts and the setting he has conceived are somewhat romanticised and wistful perhaps he's the one going through puberty. It would explain a lot.

While puberty does start the onset of an identity crisis that often lasts years, that is truly not the case here. Matt is actually a seeker looking to be released from the constant cycle of birth and reincarnation. I am sure he easily flew through the first six step and is now working on the seventh and eight step: living simply, and giving up ego and ambition. The fact that he lives in a land no one can find, with a BF no one knows (who just may have been poisoned in jail) and, while blind, manages to keep up multiple daily posts. All of this on just a penance, speaks to a life style that would humble anyone. Ego? None! There really is no "I" in Matt. It is almost as if he does not exit. Ambition, its obvious that Matt never had that problem at anytime in his life. So congratulations Matt, I am sure, you will finally achieve Nirvana and never be reborn again. I am sure that a whole lot of people who have read you over the years will also find peace knowing you have found peace at last.

kittyboy
October 10th, 2017, 08:25
I can only say that most of the Thai guys I have met fall short of that maturity, and why shouldn't they. They're all around 20 years of age. And what appears to me to be emotionally immature behavior is at the same time clearly within the range of acceptable Thai norms.

( fact )
I think your post is quite insightful - long term visitors and newcomers to Thailand would be advised to keep your comments in mind when dealing Thai guys.

bobsaigon2
October 10th, 2017, 11:37
While puberty does start the onset of an identity crisis that often lasts years, that is truly not the case here. Matt is actually a seeker looking to be released from the constant cycle of birth and reincarnation. ..........

I never knew Khortose had such a great sense of humour.

joe552
October 10th, 2017, 13:05
One of the few things I remember about going through puberty is the ability to wank at will and being constantly horny. Could do it numerous times a day (sigh). So if Leo is wanking a lot, it could certainly be a sign he's going through puberty.

cdnmatt
October 10th, 2017, 13:37
One of the few things I remember about going through puberty is the ability to wank at will and being constantly horny. Could do it numerous times a day (sigh). So if Leo is wanking a lot, it could certainly be a sign he's going through puberty.

Oh, I have no idea. At the moment, he's left me with a case of blue balls, and I've done the same to him. We're working on it though.

Actually, another SGT member PMd me, and has a BF going through something similar, so helps validate my assertion. And it does make sense.... age 13 - 20 he was living in templates, hence on a temple diet, which means small meals at 6am and 11am, then that's it for the day. He's told me stories about how he'd have to hide, and sneak a cup of instant mama noodles at night.

Not exactly the greatest dinner or diet for a 14 year old. He doesn't feel bad about it at all though, and seems to be under the impression he had a great childhood, which I guess in some ways he did. Remember when you were a kid, how big of a pain in the ass your parents were? He never had to worry about that. :)

But yeah, makes sense his body is still developing. I was just a little taken aback when I first figured it out, that's all. He's been great about it though, and since I told him, has been keeping himself in check. Great for me, because I don't have him putting me through a world of crazy with new ideas every 10 mins anymore. :)

scottish-guy
October 10th, 2017, 14:00
...One of the few things I remember about going through puberty is the ability to wank at will...

Are you saying you've lost that ability?

These days do you have to be forced to wank?

And who's this will you used to wank to - Will Young? Will Ferrell? Will Smith? Will.i.am?

Or is it the same will people are always ordered to fire at?

So many questions Joe.

chillnorther
October 10th, 2017, 14:12
Christ, gentlemen, is scorched earth the only acceptable resolution of this story?
I've been through most of the phases-- loves of live, paranoia and changes of venues.

Can't hold up defense of a single given fact, except the this is funnier than much else I find here. No offense.

joe552
October 10th, 2017, 17:06
SG, I can finally wank when I want to - which is probably once a month - and in my own living room. Even with a companion in Pattaya, it's his cumming that gets me off. I no longer feel the need to cum myself. Maybe strange, but true.

francois
October 10th, 2017, 17:12
Too much info, joe.

joe552
October 10th, 2017, 17:36
Too much info, joe.

You're probably right, francois, I apologise for offending your sensibilities.

chillnorther
October 11th, 2017, 16:38
It's not unusual fur a further, lesser round of secondary sex characteristics to turn up at his age. Minor crisis for some guys is whether ot not to still pluck facial hair or break down and use a razor.

scottish-guy
October 11th, 2017, 18:17
If this puerile thread goes on much longer we shall all be using razors...

..On our wrists

tip
October 15th, 2017, 21:38
Why not, some kind of 'late reaction' or something, I am not sure but I think it is posible...