PDA

View Full Version : Buriram Hotels

July 15th, 2006, 14:34
Anyone have any recommendations for hotels or guesthouses in Buriram, can only find one hotel on my google search - Vongthong Hotel.

July 15th, 2006, 20:22
Hi Fatman!

That is about it for decent hotels there if my memory serves correct. My bf at the time (about three years ago) wanted us to stay there because it was the "best" hotel in Buriram.

It was clean and inexpensive, but in my eyes not that impressive. Our room had twin beds which we had to push together. The breakfast, which I recall was included was rather non-descript. The place was neither gay or gay friendly, or straight friendly as well. If you have ever been in the States, for reference it had about the same personality as a "Motel 6".

The only highlight that I recall was that accross the street there was a "pancake vendor" cart with fantastic (ok flamers...go for it) Thai style pancakes. LOL...the highlight of my trip!

Richard

July 16th, 2006, 07:59
I'm afraid Buriram isn't exactly on the tourist trail, so the Vongtong is about as good as it gets. There's an illusion that in Isaan you'll get "genuine" or "better" Isaan food (not to mention Isaan boys) but the best Isaan food is in Bangkok (if you like that sort of thing) along with the best Isaan boys - the metropolis attracts the best, the rest stay in Isaan because they can't make it in the Big Mango

July 17th, 2006, 10:53
... it will be the Vongtong then. Looking forward to the pancakes and was looking forward to the Isan food, my friend promised me it is the best (but then nothing in Thailand compares to what they have in Isan according to him). I must admit I loved the Isan food a minutes walk away from the Tarntawan Hotel in Bangkok, home cooked (or street vendour cooked) Isan food at 20 baht a pop. He strangely didn't mention whether the boys who remain in Isan are good looking or not, I think he'd try and steer me away from any gorgeous ones anyway.