PDA

View Full Version : Party at Balcony Pub this Friday

Patanawet
September 26th, 2017, 16:37
I see that Balcony Pub, on Silom Soi, 4 is publicising a party this week on Friday (29th) to celebrate the completion of their latest extension.
They are calling this party "BOTOX PARTY" and will be featuring 'rejuvenation cocktails'.

The party will be hosted by DJ Maxxx who used to be the DJ at G.O.D. when it was open. There will be various acts including singers and dancers etc. (I haven't been given details but it sounds like a busy night). Scheduled for 21:00 to 01:00
Their newsletter suggests that it might become a regular event.

They took over the adjoining restaurant last year and have split it in two.
The front half becoming an extension of the terrace and the rear half an extension of the main bar.

More details on their monthly newsletter.

FarangRuMak
September 26th, 2017, 18:53
I miss my chats with the former joint owner Peter from the UK. RIP.
I think his (straight) son is now a partner but I'm not sure.
They run a tight ship there; barmen are barmen, waiters are simply that and only one designated guy handles the cash.
If there's a problem with cash the owners don't have to go running around like headless chickens looking for the culprit.
The big Aussie guy across the soi in the Telephone Bar runs a tight ship also.
So if any of you plan to hold a long-term bar in Thailand take a leaf out of these guys books.

scottish-guy
September 26th, 2017, 21:29
...if any of you plan to hold a long-term bar in Thailand take a leaf out of these guys books.

Given the advanced age of some of our esteemed members, buying new shoes is a considerable financial risk never mind opening a bar

:D

bobsaigon2
September 26th, 2017, 21:48
"Given the advanced age of some of our esteemed members, buying new shoes is a considerable financial risk never mind opening a bar"

And one post several months ago, forget by whom, said people over 70 shouldn't buy green bananas. I thought that was a bit harsh, but I have stopped buying unripe fruit. :cray_mini:

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 22:16
Ah lads, my mother regularly went out dancing till she was 90 or so. So give it a whirl, with or without your new shoes.

scottish-guy
September 26th, 2017, 23:23
...my mother went out dancing till she was 90...

A bit irresponsible - what age was she when she left the house?

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 23:32
That was worth a chuckle SG. My brother would usually drive her to the venue (a suburban community centre or something) and one of her friends would drive her home.

My point is, if you can still get out and about, this seems like a good event to go to. With or without your dancing shoes.

FarangRuMak
September 27th, 2017, 00:21
"Given the advanced age of some of our esteemed members, buying new shoes is a considerable financial risk never mind opening a bar"

And one post several months ago, forget by whom, said people over 70 shouldn't buy green bananas. I thought that was a bit harsh, but I have stopped buying unripe fruit. :cray_mini:
Mea Culpa.
I was that poster.
But of course everyone is young and positive here not like in the big bad world outside.

Patanawet
September 28th, 2017, 10:44
I miss my chats with the former joint owner Peter from the UK. RIP.
I think his (straight) son is now a partner but I'm not sure.

Yes I still sorely miss my good friend Peter. It will be two years this Halloween time.
His son has moved on but is back in the bar on the first Monday each month hosting the quiz.

bkkguy
September 28th, 2017, 19:54
And one post several months ago, forget by whom, said people over 70 shouldn't buy green bananas.

on my last doctor visit his "lifestyle choices" advice was don't start reading War and Peace

bkkguy

FarangRuMak
September 28th, 2017, 20:02
It could have been worse; he could've said the "The Heart of Darkness".