PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurants?

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 15:39
I know arsenal has posted about a couple of good places at Silver Lake, which I'd like to check out. But as I'm without transport, any other
recommendations for a place to take my Boy Special (not my husband, not my partner, just my Boy Special). I always have a couple of "blow out" nights where I say, fuck it - spend it while you have it!

Apropos of nothing (apologies if mis-spelt, francois) when I lived in Newcastle, I heard an old Geordie comedian who's line was - let them worry as wants it!

francois
September 26th, 2017, 15:50
Bordeaux,French Garden and Bacchus are very good French style and easily accessible.
Thai food there is Rin Kitchen.
Indian food there is Indigo or Indian by Nature.
Italian food there is Guilo and Nan on Second Rd nearby Boyztown area.

Mickp
September 26th, 2017, 16:00
Sky Gallery is great and right by the sea and not overly expensive

Next door is The Chocolate factory which despite the name seems to be a pizza restaurant

Hilton Buffet on Sundays

Can't reccomend Peter Pan at jomtien, expensive and service shocking

Havent tried Yupins in the jomtien complex but looks great service

Swensons ice cream restaurant now moved inside the Royal Garden

Sizzlers restaurant

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 16:12
Francois, is Bordeaux the French restaurant across from Mosaik apartments on Soi Day/Night. Looks good, but never tried it. I'm staying at Mosaik, so it could be a good idea. Just stagger over the street after a couple of bottles of good French wine.

Mickp, I've heard about Sky Bar, but have no idea where it is.

scottish-guy
September 26th, 2017, 16:20
Joe - I'm getting confused - is this the "Boy Special" you haven't seen for decades?

Mickp
September 26th, 2017, 16:21
No no Sky Gallery Restaurant its on the waterfront in jomtien

although Sky Bar Alan in Sunee plaza also cooks as he was a chef and makes a personal romantic meal for 2 including candles if u want

Mickp
September 26th, 2017, 16:23

Alain in SKY BAR in Sunee plaza cooks a great meal and provides a personal service to your requirement eg candles, wine, roses, etc

scottish-guy
September 26th, 2017, 16:23
That'll be the Sky Bar in Sunee that's on the ground floor - right?

Mickp
September 26th, 2017, 16:34
That'll be the Sky Bar in Sunee that's on the ground floor - right?

Yes opp Goodboys

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 16:50
SG, I'm not planning anything with my Boy Special from years ago, if I ever see him. Thinking a couple of beers in Sunee and see how it goes. The question was in reference to my current friend, who tracked the old one down. He deserves a blow out night for that.

I'm confused (easily). Is the Sky Bar in Jomtien or in Sunee? I know the one in Sunee, but rarely go to Jomtien

a447
September 26th, 2017, 16:52
a chef and makes a personal romantic meal for 2 including candles if u want

You'll only want them if your partner fails to turn up.

Smiles
September 26th, 2017, 16:54
Joe, the best restaurant in Pattaya is (arguably of course) Cafe des Amis. It is superb.
I've been numerous times and never had anything which was not scrumptious.
Cheap it's not, but hey, you don't have to go every night!

(Needless to say, pay no attention whatsoever to MickP's two cents as he has never been to any of his suggestions. Can I say "dehydrated noodle bucket" lunch at 7-11.)

Also, regarding Sunnee and Jomtien Complex: things have really changed with both. Sunnee is darker and quieter now with quite a number of bars closed. A bit of a morgue, though certainly still a going concern for some guys, though its noticeably downhill.
Jomtien has gone in the other direction . . . lots of new bars, lots of noise and fun going on. So much more vibrant than 3 or 4 years ago. You can't help but enjoy an evening there.

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 17:09
Thanks, Smiles. Cafe des Amis is one restaurant on my to do list. Always read good reviews (on other sites). As you say, not cheap, but I'm talking about a special night out, so spending 500Bt for the 2 of us is not out of the question. This guy deserves it.

We had a stupid falling out on my last holiday, which I immediately regretted, but did nothing about. But we've both apologised, so it's all good for January! He's going to come and stay with me at Mosaik. Luckily, he knows my sleeping patterns.

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 17:27
I've found that Thai (or on this case, Lao) friends don't really enjoy Western restaurants. Is that your experience? They'd rather have a bucket of something from a street stall. I remember taking first BS to a European style restaurant in BKK, and it was obvious he was so uncomfortable. We should have just had chicken or pork on the street, and saved a bit of cash!

Oliver
September 26th, 2017, 17:34
I'm an admirer of Le Bourdeau, dining there every trip . I took P. there once for his birthday and he enjoyed the food. However, I think he found it a little stuffy; he was the only Thai in a full restaurant and by far the youngest (he was thirty-three at the time).
Accordingly, I've always put the ball in his court when it comes to dining and make no exception for our birthday treat. He prefers the Japanese restaurants in Central and, particularly, MK. where at 20.00, the staff provide us with their little dance. I'm always amused to see the girls participating with heart and soul and the boys with a certain shyness.

So, my view is that if you want to give your Thai friend a treat, let him choose rather than imposing your own cuisine. My dinner in Le Bourdeau takes place on the night before I come home and when P. has safely reached his home. It's a treat...but only for me. When it comes to Thai restaurants, the one on the 6th floor of Central and Cucumber , opposite Tuk Com, have often delivered.

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 17:53
I've already told my friend that the special dinner is his choice, and he opted for a place on Thepprasit (as I've said before, I forget where that is). So he gets his choice of special dinner.

Then, I want mine, and I think Smiles' suggestion of Cafe des Amis totally fits the bill. Since I'm staying in Mosaik, would I need a taxi, or a motocy?

Smiles
September 26th, 2017, 20:11
" ... Cafe des Amis totally fits the bill. Since I'm staying in Mosaik, would I need a taxi, or a motocy? ... "
Please take more than 500 baht for the two of you. That's going to get you precisely nowhere! Maybe a shared dessert. :eek:
Cafe Des Amis is on Thap phraya Soi 11, you can take a Baht Bus to Soi 11 then a short walk down the Soi and the Cafe is right at the end. Can't miss it.

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 23:19
The 500Bt was a joke. I expect to pay at least double that. :)

I don't know the soi numbers, but I'm sure my friend does. Thanks, Smiles. I'll let you know how it goes. Wouldn't it be funny if that was his choice for our special dinner?

francois
September 27th, 2017, 00:17
The 500Bt was a joke. I expect to pay at least double that. :)

I don't know the soi numbers, but I'm sure my friend does. Thanks, Smiles. I'll let you know how it goes. Wouldn't it be funny if that was his choice for our special dinner?

Joe, you may wish to think about paying 6 times 500 Baht for two at Cafe Des Amis.

Yes, Bordeaux is located near Mosaic.

joe552
September 27th, 2017, 00:51
I guess it's time to stop attempting jokes here. For a place like Cafe des Amis, I would really expect to pay €40 or €50 per person. Is that about right?

What would a good dinner in Bordeaux cost? About the same? Excluding the 15 bottles of wine, of course (oh no, I tried to make a joke again!) It looks like a lovely place.

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2017, 01:47
Had a look at their website - A La Carte menu is not published but a "Tasting Menu" is published at 1990B per person so that's more or less 100GBP before you even open a bottle of coke Joe - and a clear expectation stated that you'll be buying "pre-dinner" drinks.

Great for a very special occasion (which this will be for you) but not your everyday nosh-up :D

It features "Thailand's Largest Gin Bar - so at least that raddled old lush Arsenal would feel at home :p

Better take about 175GBP Joe - oh and "sleeveless" shirts/beach shorts not accepted

Good luck!

joe552
September 27th, 2017, 02:05
Well I don't wear shorts in the evening, but do you think a polo shirt, which is what I would wear is acceptable? Sorry, should have checked the website myself. I'll do it now.

So their website says smart casual is okay, but not beach wear. So I reckon I'll be ok. Thanks for the replies.

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2017, 02:12
Well I wouldn't wear shorts either but I never wear long sleeve shirts even for board meetings never mind a meal.

I'm sure they mean "sleeveless" as in a "singlet" rather than have any objection to a regular short-sleeved shirt/polo shirt

gerefan2
September 27th, 2017, 03:19
Joe, Cafe Amis is right next door to Sansuk Sauna, so if you enjoy a good gobble you could kill two birds with one stone.

Mickp
September 27th, 2017, 07:03
Joe, you may wish to think about paying 6 times 500 Baht for two at Cafe Des Amis.

Yes, Bordeaux is located near Mosaic.

Well you'd know being a frog

Up2U
September 27th, 2017, 08:10
As noted Cafe des Amis is next to Sansuk Sauna. Long pants is not a requirement but most of their customers do not dress like slobs. Their prices are on the higher end of the spectrum but not overly expensive. Wine is expensive in restaurants like this as they don't serve box wine. Au bon Coin(Pratumnak hill) and Casa Pascal(near Royal Garden) are other good choices.

Up2U
September 27th, 2017, 08:43
Expats who live here (like myself) can recommend the following restaurants besides those mentioned:
Akvavit (Jomtien)
Cafe John's(Jomtien)
Yupins (Jomtien)
Maggs (Jomtien)
LaTaverna (Jomtien)
Labocca (Jomtien)
Laongs (Jomtien)
Wooden Box (Jomtien)
Mike's Mexican (Jomtien)
Ogaras (Pratumnak)
Au bon Coin (Pratumnak)
Bacchus (Pattaya)
Smokin Joe's (Pattaya)
Steak and Co (Pattaya)
Jim's Burgers (Pattaya)
Casa Pascal (Pattaya)
Hippopotamus (Pattaya)
New York Pizza (Pattaya)
Pattaya Meals (delivery only)

There are others on the "dark side" but they require a car.

Smiles
September 27th, 2017, 09:26
" ... (at) Cafe des Amis . . . most of their customers do not dress like slobs ... "
​Well that should take care of . . . ahhh, forget it.

frequent
September 27th, 2017, 13:04
Long pants is not a requirement ...Shorts with sandals and knee-length socks?
I'm sure they mean "sleeveless" as in a "singlet" rather than have any objection to a regular short-sleeved shirt/polo shirtSo the sweat from your armpits can drip into the food

francois
September 27th, 2017, 14:39
joe, Bordeaux costs range from 500 to 1000 Baht/person plus drinks. It is currently closed due to annual vacation.

Cafe Des Amis is much more upscale and expensive. Polo shirt and long trousers are quite acceptable.

Another good choice is French Garden with both indoor and outdoor seating. Quite close to Cafe des Amis.

http://frenchgardenpattaya.com/the-restaurant

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2017, 14:54
Amongst all the snobby chatter about 200GBP being run of the mill for a meal for two, I suspect the reality is that 50% of you are eating at Baywatch diner on Beach Road.

Another 35% are at the other side of BT - at the Boat diner, 10% are eating deep fried cockroaches from street stalls, and the final 5% are just snobs with more money than sense

:D

FarangRuMak
September 27th, 2017, 15:46
I agree with Mick on his choice of restaurant.
Alan at the Sky Restaurant/Bar has a small but customised menu.
He loves cooking for groups and it's recommended that you book at least one day in advance for certain dishes.
He does a great Coq au Vin and I'm serious about that so don't go there!
He has only the best sparkling wines including that from Champagne, France.

Mickp
September 27th, 2017, 16:51
I agree with Mick on his choice of restaurant.
Alan at the Sky Restaurant/Bar has a small but customised menu.
He loves cooking for groups and it's recommended that you book at least one day in advance for certain dishes.
He does a great Coq au Vin and I'm serious about that so don't go there!
He has only the best sparkling wines including that from Champagne, France.

Yes and all from about 300 b each forget that Cafe de armis

joe552
September 27th, 2017, 17:22
Thanks for all the suggestions. Who knew there were so many good restaurants around? Anyway, I've decided on Cafe des Amis for my choice. We'll see where my friend chooses. Thanks again.

whitemouse
September 27th, 2017, 20:13
Or go to Hawker Chan at Royal Garden, just opened today.
Apparently massivly popular restaurant in Singapore, people lining up to eat there.

No line up in Pattaya.

This is called Soya sauce chicken with rice, 95 baht, very tasty!

Manforallseasons
September 27th, 2017, 21:04
This pic must have been taken after "the people lining up".

arsenal
September 27th, 2017, 21:13
Put the gin down MFAS. Whitemouse says they line up in Singapore but no queue in Pattaya. Yet, judging by the nice looking food and reasonable pricing. For a delicious late night snack you can't beat the Crispy Pork with Red Sauce at the metal chaired restaurant at the top of Boyztown. 45 baht and it comes with rice, cucumber, boiled egg and a bowl of broth.

FarangRuMak
September 27th, 2017, 22:09
I love crispy pork.
Where is it exactly please?
Near these well know bars/Sois?;
Panorama, the Shamrock, Vassa that was....

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2017, 22:14
....the metal chaired restaurant at the top of Boyztown. 45 baht ...

I think thats the Boat restaurant I mentioned earlier - the place where many of the people who say they dine at Cafe Des Amis actually eat

whitemouse
September 27th, 2017, 22:15
I love crispy pork.
Where is it exactly please?
Near these well know bars/Sois?;
Panorama, the Shamrock, Vassa that was....

Forgot to add, Hawker Chan is the only fast food restaurant in the world to be awarded a Michelin Star, at least so they claim.

They have grilled pork and duck, too

arsenal
September 27th, 2017, 22:18
It's not The Boat, that's on the other side of the road. It's got some Thai name I can't remember.

joe552
September 27th, 2017, 22:25
SG, thanks for the reminder about Baywatch on Beach Road. I've had breakfast there before, but had forgotten about it (like so much else in my life!). That's another contender.

I think the place referred to earlier is opposite the Boat and is a bigger place. Again, cheap food and I've eaten there with a couple of boys in the past. They seem to like it.

FarangRuMak
September 27th, 2017, 22:29
Thanks. I will try.
I often go to the large metal tabled/chaired Chinese owned seafood place on second road, on the corner with Pattayaland.
The menu is a whale of a tome with photos.
Probably 100b per plate more than it should be but it's still good value compared to western seafood diners.
Another bonus is the 17? year old, cute, Chinese guy who's all energy and smiles and who just might be the one who brings your menu.
He's part of the family that owns the place.
The oldest member is a frail little old great-great granny who sits near the office.
There's no such concept as retirement among the Chinese it seems.
Edit.
This might be Arsenal's place cos they do some meat dishes as well.

arsenal
September 27th, 2017, 22:35
It's not a claim Whitemouse. It's true although many believe it's really a bit of a gimmick and a publicity stunt by Michelin to refurbish their product. The Michelin Star only applies to the restaurant in Singapore.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/asia/dream-come-true-for-singapore-s-michelin-hawker-1.10599

FarangRuMak
September 27th, 2017, 22:41

The plate looks OK but it's not tidy in an anal Japanese way.
This place I will try. Even among the ordinary Thai restaurants price does not necessarily reflect flavour or quality.

whitemouse
September 27th, 2017, 22:47
It's not a claim Whitemouse. It's true although many believe it's really a bit of a gimmick and a publicity stunt by Michelin to refurbish their product. The Michelin Star only applies to the restaurant in Singapore.

Michelin Star must give them huge advantage compared to other Chinese restaurants, the place in Pattaya will be very popular with Chinese and Europeans for sure, when season picks up.
It's quiet now, all of Pattaya is half dead. Burger King, normally very busy next door at Royal Garden consistently has zero customers now, I sometimes stop there for Mixed Berry jam Sundee, 19 baht. So tasty! Unfortunately BK has kicked Pineapple Sundee of the menu, but berry jam is good too!

If I worked at Michelin, I would nominate Burger King for a Michel Star for their pineapple sundee!

whitemouse
September 27th, 2017, 23:02

This is Pattaya, not Singapore.

Food review of their original Singapore restaurant:

https://therantingpanda.com/2017/03/17/food-review-hawker-chan-by-liao-fan-hong-kong-soya-sauce-chicken-rice-noodle-one-michelin-star-affiliation-along-smith-street/

And pic of a line up, just for you, Manforallseasons!

francois
September 28th, 2017, 00:08
I think thats the Boat restaurant I mentioned earlier - the place where many of the people who say they dine at Cafe Des Amis actually eat

The Boat Restaurant sank a month or more ago. Done and gone.

scottish-guy
September 28th, 2017, 00:37
Never mind - SGT's very own Fanny Craddock (Arsenal) has apparently found an even cheaper option across the road at 45B a plate.

If that sinks (or there's a price increase to 50B) it'll be the deep fried cockroaches for him

:drink:

arsenal
September 28th, 2017, 03:21
Definitely time to wedge in a plug for Deli Diner and Preecha Seafood restaurants. Discounts here I come.

Up2U
September 28th, 2017, 08:11
The Boat Restaurant sank a month or more ago. Done and gone.
Yeah!

christianpfc
September 28th, 2017, 16:01
Joe, unless you know your Thai friend's taste, going to an expensive restaurant is a waste of money and might embarrass him. Rather let him choose.

Italian food there is Guilo and Nan on Second Rd nearby Boyztown area.
I think they changed owner and name to Fantasia restaurant and guesthouse. I ate there on Fri 15sep2017 and while my pasta was ok, my Farang friend complained about the steak (it was much better with the old owner/cook).

...eating deep fried cockroaches from street stalls...
Eating cockroaches is an urban myth. I have seen and eaten various insects from these stalls, cockroach was none of them.

Up2U
September 28th, 2017, 16:15
Might mention, Cabbages and Condoms (Birds and Bees), both Thais and foreigners enjoy this place, not for great food but the atmosphere, gardens and great view. Not expensive.

joe552
September 28th, 2017, 16:53
As I've said before, I've asked my friend to choose a place for a special night. Therefore, I assume it's a place he feels comfortable in. I'll talk to him about my choice(s) and really give him the last word. The last thing I would want is for him to feel uncomfortable. I made that mistake in BKK some years ago with my first Thai friend. Went to a European style restaurant, and it soon became obvious he was way out of his comfort zone.

a447
September 28th, 2017, 18:36
I take Thai guys out for dinner all the time but I never, ever choose the restaurant. Apparently, there are a lot of Western foods that they won't eat.

The problem with letting them choose is that we basically eat a very limited menu - either steak or Japanese food. Never Thai. :(

scottish-guy
September 28th, 2017, 18:38
Well it's an opportunity for them not to eat Thai food

a447
September 28th, 2017, 18:45
Yeah, that's what they tell me. They only get to eat steak when invited out by a customer.

My Pattaya guy loves Japanese food and eats like a horse. He always orders steak along with his sushi. We invariably end up at Fuji in Central Festival.

A couple of times he suggested Sizzler! I quickly steered him towards Fuji.

arsenal
September 28th, 2017, 18:58
Fuji is excellent. The food is always nice and I love watching the handsome chefs at work in the kitchen.

FarangRuMak
September 28th, 2017, 19:48
Casa Pascal on 2nd road, more or less opposite Dicey Reilly' Bar is a "Fine Dining" location.
It's on a corner and it faces a Thai Craftshop.
There is parking.
The decor is beautiful and the prices are reasonable.
Breakfast is an "all-you-can-eat" affair offering English style, American style, French style, German style, Asian style all together.
The owners may be French- it has that kind of atmosphere.
Unlimited coffee from a machine or from the kitchen plus tea and many juices is offered.
Tokens which build up to a free breakfast are available.
Staff is mixed and often includes cute waiters.
It starts about 8.30 and goes on to early afternoon.
Not sure of the cost right now as I haven't been for some time but it was less than B300.

scottish-guy
September 28th, 2017, 22:26
Sorry FRM - am I missing something - is your post meant to be ironic?

"All You Can Eat" (presumably a buffet) for 300B is "fine dining"?

gerefan2
September 29th, 2017, 03:45

He has his standards..we have ours!

FarangRuMak
September 29th, 2017, 06:42

I'm not saying that the breakfast is "fine dining" but it does involve more than a buffet; bacon, eggs, sausages etc are cooked to order.
I wrote that Casa Pascal is "a fine dining LOCATION".
Fine dining events are regularly held there as it's registered as a member branch of a French Fine Dining Society.
I forget the name "La Chaine de la... something". Mickp might know.
Members gather there to dine on "high-so" fare but a meal will cost B2000 up.

FarangRuMak
September 29th, 2017, 10:23
"Chaine des Rotisseurs" is the fine dining group that meets at Casa Pascal.
It's origins go back to Napoleonic goose roasters I think. You know the French....

arsenal
September 29th, 2017, 10:31
Well Napoleon's goose was certainly cooked. Does anyone know where I can get a decent Beef Wellington (no connection) in Pattaya? Haha.

frequent
September 29th, 2017, 12:15
Joe, unless you know your Thai friend's taste, going to an expensive restaurant is a waste of money and might embarrass him.Because he will know (and probably care) that being seen with a Westerner is such an environment is a sure sign that he's a prostitute

FarangRuMak
September 29th, 2017, 15:55
Because he will know (and probably care) that being seen with a Westerner is such an environment is a sure sign that he's a prostitute
I heard a tele-preacher announce that the "Anti-Christ" is already here and that we will know him by his words.
If you're looking for the "Anti-Cupid" he has just spoken here.
In Prague some years ago I kept a handsome local hulk around me for 2 days. He would never walk beside me; ahead of me was ok, behind me was ok but beside me never happened.
That's 20 years ago and I assumed he was a bodyguard in real life.

joe552
October 22nd, 2017, 02:39
Sorry for resurrecting this thread (I'm really not, actually). Pakbungloyfa is the restaurant across 2nd Road from the Boat. Don't know why that sticks in my head. Since I started this thread, the old friend and I have been in touch and plan to go to Bangkok to meet his parents again (with or without his wife). This will, of course, have an impact on my holiday budget, so I think Cafe des Amis is out for this trip. But there were so many recommendations in the thread, I'm sure we'll have a ball. Not sure if both of these guys will be coming to Sunee for my birthday drinks.

My plan at this stage is to have a few drinks in Sunee, then head off for something to eat. I'll be guided by their preferences, but after all, it will be MY birthday, so the final choice will be mine. They'll each have a night in a restaurant of their choice.

After reading newalaan's extensive trip report, I like the sound of New York Diner. It'll be my first night, my birthday, and I love being beside the sea.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 08:49
This one meal is now 7 pages long and still no decision in sight as to where to eat dinner with the 'chosen' one at the 'chosen' restaurant changing almost daily. By the time you actually get to Pattaya then this thread will take longer to wade through than the tasting menu at The Fat Duck. 4 hours.

cdnmatt
October 22nd, 2017, 09:34
My kitchen serves excellent food, haha

I think tonight will be herb roasted chicken legs with a nice mushroom based sauce, along with some grilled veggies and seasoned rice infused with coconut milk. Assuming I don't fuck it up, should be delicious. :)

francois
October 22nd, 2017, 12:13
matt, is that an invitation?

a447
October 22nd, 2017, 14:32
Sure sounds like one, doesn't it.

But I wouldn't bother if I were you. You'd knock on the door and chances are there would be noone home!

joe552
October 22nd, 2017, 14:44
Sorry for boring you, gentlemen. You can consider this thread closed.

frequent
October 22nd, 2017, 15:01
Sorry for boring you, gentlemen. You can consider this thread closed.Too kind

FarangRuMak
October 22nd, 2017, 15:23
No no Sky Gallery Restaurant its on the waterfront in jomtien

although Sky Bar Alan in Sunee plaza also cooks as he was a chef and makes a personal romantic meal for 2 including candles if u want
Alan in Sky Restaurant/Bar, Sunnee does very nice food.
He makes a big effort to make you feel at home, special, pampered and satisfied.
He carries a good stock of the best sparkling wines including the big names from Champagne.
The "French" restaurants around the place have lovely Cutlery, Napkins, Irish Linen Table Cloths, and so on but you're not allowed to take them away with you.
I go to Yupins for Christmas dinner and it's excellent.
"Rich Man Poor Man" on (I think) Soi 8 Jomtien Beach Rd is excellent for American food.
It was for sale and I don't know if the sale went through.
They don't stare at gays there anymore since they found out that we can eat so much.
For Thai and Farang informal dining 'Salt and Pepper' opposite Bordeaux is excellent.
You can't go wrong in Royal Garden.
I could go on and on....
Pattaya is the best City in the world though if you tell people at home that you live there they take 2 steps back and leave.
I say "well no not in Pattaya exactly but in a small place called Jomtien / Naklua/Thepassit/Bang Saray/" etc.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2017, 15:35
For good value for money decent restaurants I think Pattaya and the surrounding area is wonderful.

FarangRuMak
October 22nd, 2017, 15:47
Sorry joe552 I didn't spot your post re wrapping up this topic.
I take it that you're as "fed up" as a falcon by now.

joe552
October 22nd, 2017, 16:50
I've never heard the expression "fed up as a falcon" before. Thanks, FRM

scottish-guy
October 22nd, 2017, 17:52
I only know two types of Falcon - both good for stiffening, but one of which I no longer need (50/50 chance of guessing)

:D

5641 5642

bkkguy
October 22nd, 2017, 20:00
or for those who where getting their stiffies perving on the muscle boys and their cars in Oz in the 70's - the Ford Falcon GTHO:

FarangRuMak
October 22nd, 2017, 20:08
It's much more trivial than that.
It seems that in the past you fed your opponent's falcon with meat cos a bird that's "fed up" won't hunt.
There's one guy who calls to me and before he comes I hide the beer.
I fed him up on beer once before and he failed to rise to the occasion.
Yet he wanted his "expenses" because I was the one that rendered him "fed up".

a447
October 22nd, 2017, 20:36
So, did you pay him?

FarangRuMak
October 22nd, 2017, 20:59
If I answer that I'll draw Latin & Christian on me.

a447
October 22nd, 2017, 21:11
Got it!

Lol