PDA

View Full Version : So, do you talk to yourself out loud?

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 04:55
This is the sort of question I'd ask in a bar if we were having a beer, so be warned - if you don't like the question - don't ask to meet for a beer (actually nobody ever has in over 15 years of going to Thailand) but I digress.

I moved into a new flat in the same block (so no great hardship) when my mother went into a nursing home 2 years ago (she died in January at 95, so not hugely sad). Everyone talks to themselves, it's usually silent, in their heads. But I'm sure there are a few of us who live alone - and that's who the question is directed to. I certainly comment on shit I see on TV, or join in with music I'm listening to.

So, I'm not talking about that internal monologue that everyone has going on (don't they?) but those of us who live alone and actually speak those thoughts, however mundane - now, where did I leave my glasses?

scottish-guy
September 26th, 2017, 06:56
Yeah I live alone and do that too.

Worse than that - my bf has told me I do it in public - which I had no knowledge of.

Which is slightly worrying.

jfs
September 26th, 2017, 07:29
Find I do it also, especially to keep track of tasks that must be done sequentially in order to have a successful outcome.

Psychologists call this "external self-talk."...they claim by doing so, we're "trying to see things more objectively"

Further broken down into two types..".instructional self-talk" and secondly "motivational self talk". Example above is instructional.

Motivtiional example would be an olympic diver saying "I'm going to nail this dive"

Not a sign of mental illness...that begins when you start having conversations with your cat !!

cdnmatt
September 26th, 2017, 11:20
Oh, all the time. I don't know if I talk actually out loud, but I do know it's loud enough at times that Leo can hear me through the bedroom door. :)

joe552
September 26th, 2017, 11:45
Well no chance of me talking to my cat! I used to have a real phobia about them, now I just hate them.

Matt, your post seems to imply you don't share a bedroom with your "husband". Am I wrong?

I suppose if you start talking to yourself, and hear someone else's voice replying, then it might be time to worry?

jfs
September 27th, 2017, 00:31
Hating on a little 'pussy' ? Don't let the diesel duchesses get wind of this !!!

scottish-guy
September 27th, 2017, 02:03
Hating on a little 'pussy' ? Don't let the diesel duchesses get wind of this !!!

You certainly don't want to be downwind of a pussy

:bo:

Mickp
September 28th, 2017, 03:21
I live alone and love talking to myself sitting on my balcony in the mornings having coffee usually i have the money TV channel on in the background

I dont know what the neighbours nust think but who gives a f..k

scottish-guy
September 28th, 2017, 14:32
"What the neighbours think" is the least of your problems dear

Smiles
September 28th, 2017, 15:22
Matt, your post seems to imply you don't share a bedroom with your "husband". Am I wrong?
You are not wrong . . . he's said it on this board a number of times.
Some lover he is.

Regarding talking to ones self, I confess I do ... have for all my life. I don't live alone but when its just me I do often blabber on. Frankly, I rather like everything I say. :rolleyes:

joe552
September 28th, 2017, 15:25
Thanks, Smiles. Glad it wasn't just a fragment of my imagination!

latintopxxx
October 1st, 2017, 06:42
...scatboy ;ives alone...why am I NOT surprised

Mickp
October 1st, 2017, 13:21
...scatboy ;ives alone...why am I NOT surprised

I prefer to live alone too..

Nirish guy
October 1st, 2017, 17:43
I live with my asian BF and when I comment aloud about some political or current affairs programme that's on TV for his opinion I might as WELL be taking to myself as he has zero bloody interest and is usually more engrossed in posting pictures on Instagram or watching some inane video of a dog chasing a cat or something equally gripping on Facebook it seems !

latintopxxx
October 2nd, 2017, 11:08
MickP...u prefer...now theres the difference..
Nirish...u make it too easy...only someone with limited intellectual capacity could live with u...and I say thia as someone who judges u on your postings

Mickp
October 2nd, 2017, 13:35
Sometimes i have Asian students rent cheaply from me or if they cant pay i force them to massage me.or there out !!!

I have had a lot of straight guys mostly poor korean students give me a rub and tug over the last few years.
I have a young guy 20yo from mongolia staying with me now straight as a chinamans dick, but he was willing to massage my cock for rent money.

Took him a lot if convincing though bag was packed and i had the door open for him to go before he decided to massage me.

"Can i wear gloves" he asked so politely with a sad look on his face

' no you will pleasure my cock !!

Amazing what they will do

frequent
October 2nd, 2017, 14:10
Sometimes i have Asian students rent cheaply from me or if they cant pay i force them to massage me.or there out !!! Amazing what they will doSo you've added rape to your repertoire?

Nirish guy
October 3rd, 2017, 06:37
[QUOTE=latintopxxx;224495]
...and I say thia as someone who judges u on your postings..........only someone with limited intellectual capacity could live with u.../QUOTE]

a) how very foolish of you to try and judge someones life in the real world on their postings here and b) as he has a degree actually I guess that also screws with your judgement of him as well then.

PS was that nastiness "really" necessary on such a mundane and innocent wee thread as this one, sometimes being rude for no actual reason IS just being plain rude.

arsenal
October 3rd, 2017, 06:52
Frequent and I agree on almost nothing except our opinion of Bogsville Mick.

latintopxxx
October 3rd, 2017, 10:32
Nirish...if the unvarnished truth hurts...then damn...u gonna burn. As for " him" having a degree....u do realise that not ALL institutions of higher learning r equal...stoooopid.

joe552
October 3rd, 2017, 10:34
latinpox, you're just a nasty piece of work.