PDA

View Full Version : And while I'm at it, computers

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 20:27
What is it with computers? I use mine to read emails, check news like BBC and listen to music on Spotify. Sometimes it just shuts down, or asks me to do things which take hours for me to find out.

And Deliveroo riders, who apparently can only go the wrong way on a one way street.

Moses
September 22nd, 2017, 20:47
notebook?

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 22:46
Sorry Moses, was that a question or suggestion? I'm using a Toshiba laptop.

Moses
September 23rd, 2017, 05:08
Sorry Moses, was that a question or suggestion? I'm using a Toshiba laptop.

question...

then advice - let it clean from dust inside of notebook (somewhere in repearshop if you aren't skilled in that)... usual reason for such "behavior" of laptops - it overheating caused by dust what fill radiators and fans inside... I mean suddenly shutdowns... most reason for dust - fur from cats or dogs

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 05:56
Thank you Moses. My niece's husband, who is my go to computer man, said the same thing - I need to keep it clean. Will just running a hoover over it do the job? Sounds crazy I know, but I'm serious.

latintopxxx
September 23rd, 2017, 12:29
suggest u put it in the dishwasher on luke warm rinse cycle

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 12:45
But I don't own a dishwasher. Can I just run it under the tap?

Moses
September 23rd, 2017, 13:06
Will just running a hoover over it do the job? Sounds crazy I know, but I'm serious.

I don't understand that and Google translator shows me crazy thing.

In serious: most easy attempt is: take vacuumcleaner, switch ON laptop and try to "suck' dust via ventilation holes, but here is not that much chances but still worth to try cuz it is easy step. Best way: unscrew bottom cover, find fan behind it and clean it. If you aren't familiar with such thing better just visit repair-shop.

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 13:17
Sorry Moses, hoover is just another name for a vacuum cleaner. Thanks for your advice,