PDA

View Full Version : Lol

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 12:30
I've woken up in a grumpy mood, so be careful, you lot. Do people who finish their posts with lol really laugh out loud? And another thing, cyclists on the footpath or going the wrong way on a one way street. And people who don't clean up after their dog shits on the street. And people who's eyes are glued to their phones and don't look where they're going. And Starbucks.

frequent
September 22nd, 2017, 13:19
Do people who finish their posts with lol really laugh out loud? I can only answer for a447 - in his case it's a desperate attempt to have us believe he has a sense of humour

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 13:42
I wish he'd reply himself, but I think you assessment is correct. And thanks again for your size queen advice - it's made life so much easier. I don't suppose you fancy coming around and doing a bit of hoovering, since you're being so helpful?

a447
September 22nd, 2017, 15:10
Do people who finish their posts with lol really laugh out loud?

Well, I certainly do - but only when I'm laughing at frequent.

Like when he makes posts like this :

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?16982-New-US-Ambassador-to-Thailand

Lol

frequent
September 22nd, 2017, 15:37
I wish he'd reply himself, but I think you assessment is correct. And thanks again for your size queen advice - it's made life so much easier. I don't suppose you fancy coming around and doing a bit of hoovering, since you're being so helpful?That's why I have servants - although I'd be just as considerate of wives http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/21/vacuuming-scrubbing-floor-enough-exercise-protect-heart-extend/

scottish-guy
September 22nd, 2017, 15:41
Oh dear - if, like me, you were in the "popular group" you'd realise that LOL is passe and the real cool kids now say LEL!

Apparently LEL doesn't "stand" for anything in the way LOL does - it's just an ironic and super-cool version of LOL.

Oh, and you need to start inserting the word "like" (purely as punctuation - not in any meaningful way) between every 3 or 4 words.

So, like now I've like brought you guys like up to date - so I hope you're like ...grateful!

LEL

:dash:

latintopxxx
September 22nd, 2017, 15:49
...u r trying far too hard...making a total cunt of yourself...as usual...

a447
September 22nd, 2017, 16:04
Jesus, SG, like, how are we supposed to like, keep up.

Things keep, like, changing all the time!

Or is lel like, just lol written with a Scottish accent?

Like, give up!

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 16:15
latintop, is that post directed at me? Like, I can give a shit, like.

a447
September 22nd, 2017, 16:21
Lel

frequent
September 22nd, 2017, 16:49
Well, I certainly do - but only when I'm laughing at frequent.

Like when he makes posts like this :

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?16982-New-US-Ambassador-to-Thailand

LolI know you're a literalist a447 but quoting this post just proves what a simpleton you are. What is the point of the post? To highlight that an envoy moving from North Korea to Thailand is going to fit right in - hardly notice the difference in fact. Whether he was an "envoy" in North Korea but an "ambassador" in Thailand is one of those irrelevant details that you just love to focus on, and like the fox terrier we all know you to be, run around the back yard yapping away. I never make these observations at the time because my purpose is to let you (and others) make a complete fool of yourself as usual - as I said elsewhere, the standing joke

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 17:05
Oh what the fuck! At least I understood LOL, but now it's Lel, which doesn't mean anything. Maybe I should stop visiting Facebook!

a447
September 22nd, 2017, 17:15
Gosh, frequent, my post didn't upset you, did it?

Lel

And no need to get so angry - I was merely throwing out a line to see if you'd bite with your usual rancour. And lack of humour.

And you did.

If you can't see the point of what I posted, perhaps I should have re-posted your comments on Hugo Chavez.

Or your assertion that hairdressers in Thailand earn 50% of the equivalent wage in Australia.

Ah, so many examples to choose from.

frequent
September 23rd, 2017, 00:16
Ah, so many examples to choose from.Let's discuss them on our forthcoming holiday together

scottish-guy
September 23rd, 2017, 03:48
You and a447 going on holiday together?

Like, LEL

frequent
September 23rd, 2017, 06:29
You and a447 going on holiday together?

Like, LELWhat you should remember, scotty, is that a447 did it once before with kommentariat - see the 4-part series My SE Asia sojourn (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?16802-My-SE-Asian-sojourn-(Introduction)) in the Global Forum. But more importantly, a447 has demonstrated conclusively via his All Singing All Dancing Hydra Theory that he and I are, in fact, hydras of the same person. In Freudian terms, he is the rather slutty Id hydra. Therefore, wherever I go he is, perforce, going with me

a447
September 23rd, 2017, 07:55
Let's discuss them on our forthcoming holiday together

Oh, dear. Is that like, all you've got left?

Nothing new? Same old same old?

Lel

And as for hydras, it was like, surfcrest who told everyone which handles you used like, on the forum.

Not that we like, needed to be told. You lack the ability to post using different styles.

See? No theory required to demonstrate that, perforce, are like, a very devious little man.

Roflel

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 10:27
Like, who the fuck is ROFLE?

a447
September 23rd, 2017, 11:20
No idea.

But Roflel makes perfect sense.

latintopxxx
September 23rd, 2017, 12:25
no joe...its not all about u and your poverty stricken misery....my reply was immediately after scatboys post...although I do have to apologise...apologise that is to cunts who actually perform a useful function.

frequent
September 23rd, 2017, 13:44
Oh, dear. Is that like, all you've got left?Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, so I'll repeat what I've said in several posts recently. This is a completely anonymous forum made up of First World middle-aged sodomites who gossip about travelling to a distant Third World country to have sex with prostitutes young enough to be their grandsons. That's it. It serves no other common purpose, and your own most recent posts (today - there are several) bear witness to that's what this Forum is all about

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 13:58
latintop, I've no idea what you're talking about. Can I take back the like I gave you earlier?

a447
September 23rd, 2017, 14:37
This is a completely anonymous forum made up of First World middle-aged sodomites who gossip about travelling to a distant Third World country to have sex with prostitutes young enough to be their grandsons.

Feeling guilty, frequent?

Can't stand looking in the mirror?

Your precious Victorian sensibilities being assaulted by your own behaviour as a committed sodomite?

It's ok. There's no need to feel guilty. Nobody knows you.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, so I'll repeat what you've said in several posts recently. This is a completely anonymous forum.

Lol

Surfcrest
September 23rd, 2017, 14:51
And as for hydras, it was like, surfcrest who told everyone which handles you used like, on the forum.

Not that we like, needed to be told. You lack the ability to post using different styles.

Interesting how you create your own story out of a spinet of what you're able to recall. What I said, wast that frequent has been many members over the years, but not at one time. I don't recall frequent ever needing to disguise his writing style or agree / deny being his predecessor / successor. He was banned, as were a whole pile of other members, handles, personalities...what have you. Our late great moderator jinks put up with a lot of nonsense, to a point...and then he made you disappear. It was as though frequent / kommentariat was a character out of a Philip Jose Farmer novel.

frequent
September 24th, 2017, 08:01
It was as though frequent / kommentariat was a character out of a Philip Jose Farmer novel.I had to look that one up Surfcrest. Reading this Forum is pretty much my daily diet of fiction, so I haven't progressed much beyond Jane Austen, although Powell's A Dance to the Music of Time is also a constant companion. Making ad hominem comments is a well-trodden approach for posters like arsenal or a447, and goes hand-in-hand with assumptions about any given (completely anonymous) poster's circumstances, moral outlook, or even location

However, your point is well taken. Posters spin their own personal story; how much it relates to reality is neither here nor there and certainly something no-one can prove or disprove. As I said, it's my daily diet of fiction. But a447 is a literalist (I mean that in the same way as christian fundamentalists who believe every word of the Bible to be literally true) and indeed seems to share many characteristics with fundamentalists

Yraen
September 25th, 2017, 04:19
Like, who the fuck is ROFLE?

Here you go Joe --- all you need to know about Laughing acronyms.

https://www.internetslang.com/ROFLMFAO-meaning-definition.asp

scottish-guy
September 25th, 2017, 18:36
Unfortunately your reference source cannot be relied upon, as it completely misses out ROFPML

:yahoo_mini:

joe552
September 25th, 2017, 22:41
Well, SG, I've never done that! But bow to your vast experience.

scottish-guy
September 25th, 2017, 22:50
It's age-related and why I now wear Tena Lady

LEL

joe552
September 25th, 2017, 23:02
Tena lady And LEL? The ancient and modern. How fashionable!

Btw, the computer says I'm giving you too many likes, and I have to share them around. I'm sure it's nothing personal.