PDA

View Full Version : You could holiday cheap if you are prepared to

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 11:59
Thankfully im at a stage of life where i can affird to spend a little more

But there are a lot of farang guys paying mortgages etc who cant splurge too often ir are doing it tough , u can have a cheap holiday !!!

But speaking to a guy from the UK last night in a bar he cant affird to come to Thailand every year he comes for 6 weeks every second year

On questioning him he comes over for a month and stays in a hotel paying something like 40,000 b, i suggested he use Airbnb and can get rooms from 5,000 baht a month

In a month excluding airfare he spent 170,000 baht which included the hotel

He gets motorbike taxis everywhere , he eats farang food , he bar offs from bars,he over tips because he has first world guilt that he is not paying enough eg he told me he always paid a mb taxi 120 baht from jomtien to boyztown

Laziness has got a lot to do with it,wont walk anywhere because its too hot etc he told me he was 42 so not that old but can only affird every second year a trip

Get over your first World guilt that you must pay more or tip high , dont bother tipping if u cant afford it and the service was normal

There are tons of way on a long stay to save money there is no need to only come every second year if you plan and research your trip beforehand

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 12:37
It really really disapoints me that guys like i met last night cant affird to holiday in pattaya often...spending 170.000 b in a month is ludicrous

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 12:39
So his hotel say was 40k so 130k he spent so far...maybe it was colmx

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 13:49
Just finished a foot massage near tukcom...200b gave the coont 240...he wasnt happy....who gives s fuck

If i was a expat he would be lucky to get 20 baht tip

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 13:52
Some of u have first world guilt wherr u feel obligated to tip more.. .to pay more

Even the coont i met last night tips baht bus drivers they dont remembrr u

cdnmatt
September 22nd, 2017, 14:40
I don't think that's too expensive for a 6 week vacation. I had a thread a while ago asking about monthly living expenses. Several expats replied, and we're all about the exact same -- 80,000/month.

And that's an expat lifestyle, so we're not staying in hotels, eating out every night, offing boys, etc. So us expats are about 120,000 every 6 weeks, so an extra 50,000 due to vacation mode seems reasonable.

FarangRuMak
September 22nd, 2017, 17:45
Mickp tee rak;
The format is generally as follows:
First Post
OP replies in turn
And so on until an entirely different topic is discussed.
You keep replying to yourself so we can't get in edgeways.
How can we possibly stray of topic that way?

justaguy
September 23rd, 2017, 01:55
170,000 baht in four weeks constitutes as a cheap holiday now ? I know quite a few backpackers who would be shocked. That is not cheap of course, that's about 18x the minimum wage in Thailand....

latintopxxx
September 23rd, 2017, 02:38
minimum wage...lol