PDA

View Full Version : New Pattaya Gay Club - The Mask

colmx
September 22nd, 2017, 01:28
Haven't seen any posts regarding Pattaya's latest Gay Club - The Mask...

I left Pattaya around the same time as it opened last week, so didn't get the chance to visit... But maybe NewAlaan will get a chance on his forthcoming trip.

Seems to be a mix of live band, DJ, Coyotes and "models" and a lot of the Olf Dave Man Club team are involved
One thing for sure is that it will be great to have some competition for NAB!

Its located on Soi Bunkot, near the old X-ztye site... Map attached below but its in Thai, so you will need a translator

Has anyone been yet? Any reviews?

newalaan2
September 22nd, 2017, 03:10
Has anyone been yet? Any reviews?
Great heads up colmx, perfect timing! just the kind of place I've been hoping for. Live band makes a big difference to nights fun for me. Bonus might be that I think I know the vocalist guy, but difficult to make out the other band members, they often interact in different bands anyway depending on where they can get regular work. I'll ask bf to quiz friends currently in Pattaya about the venue as we've been doing last few days just to get updates before we arrive. One of friends from bfs village area works in BzBzBz sometimes DJing as well as waiter and is usually right up to date with goings-on around the clubs.

Heading off at the weekend. Jomtien based first then Phuket, and back to Pattaya/around/Bkk.

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 03:14
I always wonder about these farangs who have to take groups of boyz to the disco's AND pay all the drinks and sometimes go as far as offing the boy from the bar as Colmx has done.

I guess its a case of leading lonely lives and needing people around you as these guys do and spending or should i say wasting their hard earned money on rubbish like that

I guess that they still want to be teenagers again

scottish-guy
September 22nd, 2017, 03:18
And why not?

My motto has always been:

You're only as old as the people you feel.

FarangRuMak
September 22nd, 2017, 03:26
Mickp asks the question why farangs bring boys for drinks and then makes 2 guesses as to why they do that.
He speculates that's it's lonliness and/or a desire to be like teenagers again.
But these speculations come from someone that doesn't do it.
Could we have some comments from those that do?

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 03:47
Mickp asks the question why farangs bring boys for drinks and then makes 2 guesses as to why they do that.

I don't bring a group of guys to NAB, but I have a theory why some foreigners do it. It's to show off, to impress other foreigners that they are living large, and have plenty of guys around. They enjoy attention it brings.
What's puzzling, why would anyone be impressed, we all can off 3 guys at once, and hold the court at NAB.
I always wonder what do the group of these offed Thai guys think about that foreigner, and how they talk about him to each other. I doubt they see the foreigner as some sort off high roller, they just wait patiently for the night to be over so they can go home to their girlfriends. If they are gay then they enjoy free drinks, and hope that old guy's sexual demands are easy.

colmx
September 22nd, 2017, 03:56
There are (at least) 3 types of barboys.
1. Those that are looking for love and a farang BF or sponsor
2. Those that are there due to economic hardship and are sending money home to pay for education of siblings or to mama.
3. Those that are in in for a good time and want to go out and enjoy themselves.

The boys in the bars would much rather be in a club having fun than sitting on a beer bar listening to a gang of farang waffling on. Or sitting there playing his mobile whilst the skinflint alcoholic farang has another beer.

Take a guy to a disco, play a few drinking games, watch the show, flirt, show the fun side of your personality and get to know the guy, flirt a bit more, smile... I guarantee that you will have ten times better sex with him than the guy that was clubbed over the head caveman style and dragged from his bar to the bedroom without so much as exchanging names with his customer!

It's not about trying to be a teenager again... It's about not being a grumpy git that moans about loud music, bright lights, it being too late or having to pay for a few drinks.

newalaan2
September 22nd, 2017, 04:37
I always wonder about these farnags...etc...I guess that they still want to be teenagers again
I always wonder about these older farangs like Mickp who have to visit gogo bars and sit with boys considerably younger than themselves AND pay for their drinks and sometimes go as far as offing the boy from the bar as Mickp does, when there are so many available guys around pattaya working normal jobs who would be happy to go with an attractive man for free.

I guess its a case of leading a lonely life and needing people much younger than they are around them as Mickp does, not only that they spend their money or should I say waste their hard earned money on buckets of ping balls to throw around, imagine spending or should I say wasting your money on rubbish like that! I guess they hang around teenagers in bars and with guys half their age because the want to be teenagers again.....like Mickp.

To FarangRuMak....I go to concerts and pubs with live bands all over the place when at home. While it's not Thai style, you still buy drinks and enjoy the music and fun. Places like Mask are Thai Venues aimed at Thai customers and they are found all over Thailand not just the likes of Pattaya. So it goes on everywhere. The standard practise is to have a bottle of whiskey shared between friends. There are basically 2 options with payment, one is simply to share the final bill with what you can afford to contribute, the second is for the most well off of the group to foot the whole bill. Thai or Farang. Farangs are seen as the higher standing and so expected to foot the bill. However even with farangs in company it doesn't always work out like that. On my last trip one night out with a few of the BzBzBz guys, the final bill was shared between bf/me, another farang and his boy and one of the BzBzBz Thai managers. On another occasion the day after bfs birthday two of the BzBzBz managers insisted on covering the whole bill, neither I or bf were allowed to contribute. They are seen as being moneyed, they want to be seen as being moneyed and so a normal Thai way for settling the bill for a fun night out.

On top of that is the practicality, in the Thai places sharing is normal, and so all the drinksales are aimed at that i.e. bottles and beer towers, no way could bf and I polish off a bottle of whisky by ourselves, so apart from extra mixers we would be paying the whole cost of the bottle anyway. Sometimes boys in our company DO order and pay for specific things themselves, maybe if there is only soda and water, they will pay for cokes, snacks etc. But while I do enjoy being out with bf just the two of us, at the clubs its more fun with more company, and as I say we would have to buy a bottle anyway. Many times we have been to NAB bought the first bottle as we tend to be there first anyway, and other boys who join the company later and have bottles behind the bar produce those as a contribution.

But in Thai places like colmx and I go to if Thais were there themselves and one of them had a good job or was moneyed they would definitely be expected to pay the whole bill, just as a farang would. In Hollywood if there are 200 tables full in the venue, at the end of the night 199 Thais will pick up the bill for their friends, and at the one table with the farang the same would be expected. It's more just a Thai 'thing' or way that we farangs have to respect.

As for being teenagers 'again' with regard to music I still enjoy all the same music/bands now as I did when I was 12-14-16-18 etc..years old. I played a Gibson SG- Epiphone electric guitar when 16, I still have it, still play it.

I see Colmx has responded during the time I was writing this, and his take offers up even more good reasons for hitting the clubs. I'm never there to pick up guys and I'm with bf so wont have any plans for taking back any of the guys we go out with. It's all about just having fun and a good time with the Thai style of venues available.

I won't bother responding to Whitemouse as he's clearly 'two pennies short of a shilling', a handle who obviously spends his time here trolling through threads just to rake up muck by resurrecting some ancient forgotten posts.....or nit picking his way through threads/posts for no apparent sane reason, he is a perfect example of someone who simply just doesn't 'get it' It being whatever normal activities appear to be a challenge for him, feigning puzzlement as an opportunity to offer up some ridiculous theory.

It would be interesting to meet him just to see if he's actually 'for real'. If he's still in Pattaya next week the opportunity might even present itself as I do have an image of him and he seems to hang out on the same BT terraces as I do, and around sunee, my early-mid evening go-to before the main nightly events get going.

colmx
September 22nd, 2017, 05:08
But in Thai places like colmx and I go to...
On another note I heard that "Tawan Daeng Variety" has opened up in the Old Star Dice Premises in North Pattaya

We were going to go there one night earlier in the month but were advised that we would be best to go in a private hire SongTaew... Too many drug gangs, fights and "thirsty police" checkpoints up that end of town. Everybody voted for Tumnan Chon instead

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 06:21
I won't bother responding to Whitemouse as he's clearly 'two pennies short of a shilling', a handle who obviously spends his time here trolling through threads just to rake up muck by resurrecting some ancient forgotten posts.....or nit picking his way through threads/posts for no apparent sane reason, he is a perfect example of someone who simply just doesn't 'get it' It being whatever normal activities appear to be a challenge for him, feigning puzzlement as an opportunity to offer up some ridiculous theory.

It would be interesting to meet him just to see if he's actually 'for real'. If he's still in Pattaya next week the opportunity might even present itself as I do have an image of him and he seems to hang out on the same BT terraces as I do, and around sunee, my early-mid evening go-to before the main nightly events get going.

Hey! Nice to meet you!

I hope we meet in Boyztown, you said you'll be in Pattaya next week.
That would be great, my friend! I'm always looking to meet up!
I'm in Thailand until Songkran.

It's just that I don't know what you look like, Ambiance is quite buzy often at night. Can you PM a general description, so I wouldn't miss you!
My face pic is on my profile pic. Maybe you can PM yours? It's ok if you don't want to.
Looking forward meeting you next week, friend!

See, jlf, Sawadtee has nice, friendly people, you said we are all bad, now you see this is not true! NewAlaan is a nice guy, and many more are nice!

06.23, going to sleep now, one eye is closed already

gerefan2
September 22nd, 2017, 06:29
I read what you say newalaan but my experience differs in one respect.

Like you,I take boy special to Tomman Shun (sp) Nab etc. I would never dream of just going alone with him...too boring! Therefore a group ensues.

Now I do not mind paying the tab for this group, after all they have been invited. However what does irk me is when others appear at the table and just start drinking. This is especially so at Karaoke bars.

I have never found these hangers on to put their hands in their pockets. In fact it often gets to the stage that I have to tell them that when the bottle is empty...that's it.

The problem is that when the hangers on get dug in,the bottle goes even quicker. I wouldn't mind if another one was forthcoming( and paid for) but that has never happened in my experience. Snacks and coke maybe...

latintopxxx
September 22nd, 2017, 07:12
gerefan...if u gonna act all generous u gotta walk the talk...if u buy one bottle and have such a sparkling personality that every bubble butted luscious lipped boy within 200m wants to join your party then just shell out for a 2nd and 3rd...its only money..right?...u cant take it with u...splash it around...make lifelong friends..be popular

gerefan2
September 22nd, 2017, 08:08
Mate, I've probably been on this planet longer than you and I've got by fine without taking any advice from you so far. I'm more than happy to leave it that way.

It is after all my money I'm spending...not free allowances, air fares , hotels etc that I'm told you use for your drinking and fucking in Thailand.

Thank you for your interest.

arsenal
September 22nd, 2017, 09:27
New gay venues are absolutely my favourite type of news so tippy top stuff Colmx. And if you enjoy partying the night away with a group of Thai boys in a club in Pattaya then no one else's opinion is worth an ice cube.

latintopxxx
September 22nd, 2017, 11:08
....gerefan...stinks of mutton...desperately drying to dress up as lamb......2 pays away from state housing....

arsenal
September 22nd, 2017, 16:30
Mutton as Lamb screams Latin. Well he's an international food quality auditor inspector tick the boxes expert and so he'd know. Hehe.

scottish-guy
September 22nd, 2017, 16:34
.. food quality auditor inspector...

In other words ...works in Frugal Freddie's checking the expiry dates on the perishable goods

pennyboy
September 22nd, 2017, 16:46
New gay venues are absolutely my favourite type of news so tippy top stuff Colmx. And if you enjoy partying the night away with a group of Thai boys in a club in Pattaya then no one else's opinion is worth an ice cube.

I totally agree but I also wonder why those that like to have fun with Thai guys at clubs also feel the need to insult those who prefer beer bars and gogos. I do what i enjoy and hope others are able to do likewise.

arsenal
September 22nd, 2017, 16:52
I don't see them as mutually exclusive pennynoy. I enjoy them all along with restaurants, go go bars, a tiny family run place selling fried rice with shrimps, the positively iddy biddy coffee shop along Bang Saray etc etc.

loke
September 22nd, 2017, 18:41
Its also possible to go alone to the club and just buy a drink. Then you look for company and if you find someone you like, it can mean sex few hours later. Just sayin.....

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 19:08
Its also possible to go alone to the club and just buy a drink. Then you look for company and if you find someone you like, it can mean sex few hours later. Just sayin.....

Yep, that's exactly why I go alone, it gives me freedom to hook up with someone new.

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 18:30
I once took a go go boy down to Koh Chang for a few days. Had a good time. I paid him what I thought was a fair price for his time, as well as the off fee to the bar. When we got back we met by accident on 2nd Road. He wanted to go to one of those clubs, so I agreed. Fully prepared to pick up the tab for him and 4 or 5 of his friends. But his sister called me a Cheap Charlie, because apparently I didn't give him enough money. I pretended to go outside for a smoke, but just went home, leaving them to pay the bill themselves. I don't mind spending cash if I have it, but I won't be taken for a fool.

whitemouse
September 23rd, 2017, 18:54
I once took a go go boy down to Koh Chang for a few days. Had a good time. I paid him..

But his sister called me a Cheap Charlie, because apparently I didn't give him enough money. I pretended to go outside for a smoke, but just went home, leaving them to pay the bill

Joe552, do you remember what you paid that guy for days on the island?
If you paid him 1000 for each day, they can feel under paid. It's tricky to come up with reasonable figure if you off the guy for several days.

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 19:01
It's a few years ago now but I'm fairly sure I paid him 1500Bt per day. He didn't complain - it was his sister.

whitemouse
September 23rd, 2017, 19:11
It's a few years ago now but I'm fairly sure I paid him 1500Bt per day. He didn't complain - it was his sister.

If he was ok with it, then fuke 'em, I would have left too, let them pay the bill. It's always not the guy himself who complains, but friends or some bitch girlfriend, egging them on - 'Get the farang for everything he's got'.

I had a relationship here only once, and I stayed in Bangkok 2 years straight, doing visa runs only. It was always my boyfriend's Thai friends who kept giving him ideas and suggestions how to milk me harded.
Countless times he came home at 5am, drunk, and asking money to pay their bar tab of that night, 4 of his friends waiting outside.

arsenal
September 23rd, 2017, 19:31
Whitemouse. Instead of wasting your time posting here or searching for Bogsville Mick all over Pattaya (imagine what you might find) I think you should get yourself down to The Mask and do a recky. Then come back and post a full report including plenty of info (piccies if poss) on the boys.

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 19:32
As far as I remember, we were drinking Heineken towers (is that what they're called?) and I would have happily paid for whatever we drank, since I was enjoying their company and having a bit of a dance. But I don't like being taken for a mug - you can't drink my beer and call me cheap charlie.

whitemouse
September 23rd, 2017, 19:34
Whitemouse. Instead of wasting your time posting here or searching for Bogsville Mick all over Pattaya (imagine what you might find) I think you should get yourself down to The Mask and do a recky. Then come back and post a full report including plenty of info (piccies if poss) on the boys.

Just woke up, drinking my third coffee and I like to read news and this board drinking coffee.

I go to Mask whenever I want, don't worry about me. I'm in Pattaya for 6 months, today is just another day.

arsenal
September 23rd, 2017, 20:10
Carpe diem.

bobsaigon2
September 23rd, 2017, 20:35
Et tempus fugit, btw.

scottish-guy
September 23rd, 2017, 20:53
In nomine Patris et filii et Spiritus Sancti

bobsaigon2
September 23rd, 2017, 22:53
Gratias tibi. Amen.

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 23:00
Ad deum que laetificat, juven tutem mayem. Don't bother correcting my spelling, it's 50 years since I knelt before a priest - or a Christian Brother for that matter

vnman
September 23rd, 2017, 23:04
Ad deum que laetificat, juven tutem mayem. Don't bother correcting my spelling, it's 50 years since I knelt before a priest - or a Christian Brother for that matter

I guess we all know how that works with the age thing and priests. :-)

bobsaigon2
September 23rd, 2017, 23:29
Not a bad recall, Joe, but just to set the record straight: Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam. ("I will go in to the altar of God; to God, the joy of my youth.")

I guess the joy pretty much left a number of young boys after certain types of encounters with priests and Christian Brothers. Pope now says the Church has been slow to recognise abuse. Really??? :unknw_mini:

joe552
September 24th, 2017, 00:55
I actually sued the church because I wasn't abused as an altar boy or by a Christian Brother! This despite me being as cute as a button

FarangRuMak
September 24th, 2017, 02:28
Not a bad recall, Joe, but just to set the record straight: Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam. ("I will go in to the altar of God; to God, the joy of my youth.")

I guess the joy pretty much left a number of young boys after certain types of encounters with priests and Christian Brothers. Pope now says the Church has been slow to recognise abuse. Really??? :unknw_mini:
To avoid confusing the apostates here I have to put on the record that "Introibo ad altare Dei"is not included here.

bobsaigon2
September 24th, 2017, 09:16
Thanks, FRM, you're quite right. I was just including the content of Joe's post. Surprising how many of the board members had the misfortune of being raised in the RC Church.

frequent
September 24th, 2017, 09:26
Thanks, FRM, you're quite right. I was just including the content of Joe's post. Surprising how many of the board members had the misfortune of being raised in the RC Church.If you listen to the "homosexuality is contagious" brigade then it's obvious that Forum members raised as Catholics were exposed to same sex activity while young and found it enjoyable. Or, as the novelist Evelyn Waugh was wont to ask of men who had boarded at English public schools, "Was there much sodomy at your school?"

In the film Four Weddings & a Funeral there's the memorable line: "I was at school with his brother Bufty. Tremendous bloke. He was head of my house. Buggered me senseless. Still, it taught me a thing or two about life"

No wonder they say "school days are the happiest days of your life"

FarangRuMak
September 24th, 2017, 22:36
Thanks, FRM, you're quite right. I was just including the content of Joe's post. Surprising how many of the board members had the misfortune of being raised in the RC Church.
It's not all misfortune. It's a bit like being Jewish.
I'm prepared to meet any theologian half way provided we first agree that there's no God.
I remember a guy in our class who failed time and again to remember the "Ad Deum qui ..." response. He finally got it and was admitted to the Holy of Holies.
He told us later that what he actually said was "Laugh at the cat and if can shoot him Aim"

Mickp
September 24th, 2017, 23:09
What ? You dont reckon theres a bloke up there in the sky ?

gerefan2
September 25th, 2017, 03:33
What ? You dont reckon theres a bloke up there in the sky ?

For once Mick I have to agree with you. Just this once. Don't let it go to your head.

As well as not understanding Religion I don't understand Cricket or Shakespeare.

I can happily do without any of that crap.

Why the fuck they tried to force all that shit into me at Prep School I will never know.

mike1119
September 25th, 2017, 06:07
Hello, has anyone here been to the club, what is it like ?

whitemouse
September 25th, 2017, 06:21
Hello, has anyone here been to the club, what is it like ?

We walked with a Thai friend to Bali Hai tonight, looking for The Mask, we didn't find it.

It's somewhere at Bali Hai, but there is no sign that we could see, and no touts outside promoting the club. My Thai friend kept asking people outside, and MIXX staff, they didn't know. Ended up going to MIXX.

There are only 3 large buildings at Bali Hai, it shouldn't be hard to find, yet we managed to fail lol.

colmx
September 25th, 2017, 06:25
We walked with a Thai friend to Bali Hai tonight, looking for The Mask, we didn't find it.

Its not in Bali Hai, its on Soi Bunkot... just off 3rd road and not far from the old location of x-zyte or the Pattaya fire brigade
(as far as I know its also near the "castle" BDSM club)

whitemouse
September 25th, 2017, 06:35
Its not in Bali Hai, its on Soi Bunkot... just off 3rd road and not far from the old location of x-zyte or the Pattaya fire brigade
(as far as I know its also near the "castle" BDSM club)

Then we were completely lost. But he kept insisting The Mask is at Bali Hai.

The Mask FB page gives location at Bali Hai, could be another night club with the same name then.

colmx
September 25th, 2017, 06:41
different Mask club I guess!
https://www.facebook.com/THEMASKPATTAYA/

gerefan2
September 25th, 2017, 23:51
I too looked up Mask and found that facelessbook website.

However, I did note that it hadn't been up dated for years.....obviously that Mask club has been closed some time.