View Full Version : Going over to the island of Koh Larn

Mickp
September 21st, 2017, 09:26
A Thai friend took me over to the island of Koh Larn the other day, I must admit I was expecting more but to the adventurous it may seem like heaven with bungee jumping, underwater diving, fishing, speedboat racing , skiing , etc

To me it was just a overpriced island with every store selling the same

Went over in a speedboat from Bali Hai 300 baht each took about 20 minutes.

Got the slow ferry back about 50 b each

I guess if you do some research before going there must be a lot lot more to see over there than the market of cheap item shops that greet the visitor

Tons of chinese tour groups and plenty of young chinese doing the bungee and water skiiing

We went late in the afternoon but i guess we could of made a day of it by travelling around the island by motirbike or something.

They had baht buses over there that also do tours

Be a lovely place to live.

gerefan2
September 21st, 2017, 11:45
A Thai friend took me over to the island of Koh Larn the other day, I must admit I was expecting more

To me it was just a overpriced island with every store selling the same

What contradiction...were you sober?

latintopxxx
September 21st, 2017, 11:59
oh wow, what a coincidence, I'll be back in Pattaya at the end of the year with some pretty laid back non scene people..been scratching my head on what we are going to do for the 4 days or so and was thinking of doing one or two of the islands. This is a good start. Can someone (yes Im asking for assistance) point me in the right direction? or post a link to past posts on this topic. I tried searching but without much success.

arsenal
September 21st, 2017, 12:05
I think you should visit this island. And meet your friends.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilha_da_Queimada_Grande

a447
September 21st, 2017, 14:33
I suggest he takes up residence here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashima_Island

He can have the place all to himself.

scottish-guy
September 21st, 2017, 14:41
Why doesn't the Rabbi just invite his laid back non-scene friends on to his home turf?

whitemouse
September 21st, 2017, 17:23
A Thai friend took me over to the island of Koh Larn the other day..

Mickp, you'd be bored to death there!

What do you plan tonight, Mickp? I just woke up, 5pm now and Im walking to Beach Rd Royal Garden 5 floor roof terrace. There is Starbucks there too.
Come! It's nice terrace to watch sunset!

Mickp
September 21st, 2017, 18:28
U never go to Jomtien Mouse?

whitemouse
September 21st, 2017, 19:05
U never go to Jomtien Mouse?

Hardly ever. I used to go few years ago, after a day at Dontang beach, usually eat at Dick's.
And one time I rented a small room at Jomtien complex, nice room, balcony too, and kitchen. 5000 a month, can you believe how cheap! Room was on second floor, staircase from the courtyard, no security, no reception.
So guess what happened on day 2! Break in. My second phone gone. Luckily there was nothing more to steal, just some cloths. I had my tablet and other phone on me, I was at the beach.
So I left the same evening, lost the 5000 baht rent and another 5000 security deposit.
Door and lock were perfectly fine, someone had a key. Moved to Mr. Mac Hotel on Thrappya, next to what used to be Icon. Mr. Mac was 15.000 a month, no deposit of course.
That's my Jomtien story :)

No, I never go to bars there, don't know why, probably cos I stay at central Pattaya usually and everything is walking distance here.

FarangRuMak
September 21st, 2017, 20:43
I've never been to a small island destination yet that wasn't boring and expensive.

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 01:17
I went to Koh Larn on my first trip to Thailand (last week I believe). Got horribly sunbunt on my legs. Now, isn't that an interesting story!

scottish-guy
September 22nd, 2017, 01:26
Joe, your first trip to Thailand was last week and you're going back already?

You're putting us all to shame!!

:D

latintopxxx
September 22nd, 2017, 02:25
arsetroll...a447 and scat-boy...u guys r mean ....

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 02:56
I went to Koh Larn on my first trip to Thailand (last week I believe). Got horribly sunbunt on my legs. Now, isn't that an interesting story!

Unbelievable isnt it ! He has forgotten his own story ... lets remind him....Joe your story so far is that you have borrowed to go to Thailand from your sister as u have been unemployed 10 years now..and your on your way next week... i suggest buddy if your going to invent stories fir your 7 hydras to write them down so u can keep up with the storyline

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 03:02
Unbelievable isnt it

Sup Mickp? 3am and I'm bored. What you doing? Wanna be bored together?

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 03:07
Im sitting here in my room in the Hilton Hotel being served cheese and biscuits by Sebastian the Waiter,dont ask me how a Thai guy can have the name Sebastian but its written in his name tag.

But lets catch up Friday night between 6om and 8pm at the Sky Bar Sunee .... deal?

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 03:12
Oh for fuck sake, can't you see a joke? I first went to Pattaya in the late 90s. I've been back every year. except for the last couple of years. Get over it.

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 03:12
Im sitting here in my room in the Hilton Hotel being served cheese and biscuits by Sebastian the Waiter,dont ask me how a Thai guy can have the name Sebastian but its written in his name tag.

But lets catch up Friday night between 6om and 8pm at the Sky Bar Sunee .... deal?

Cool! Sky Bar at Sunee it is!

I'm sitting at McDonalds now, it started raining again and I'm stranded.
Going to get a strawberry sundee. You know, Burger King has the best sundee, pineapple, it is so tasty. But BK is closed already, it used to be 24hr.

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 04:14
I was at Swensons ice cream yesterday in the Royal mall ....they have moved from that position opposite the beach to a smaller inside shop

I guess the rent was killing them

Well i will meet you tonight at Sky bar after 6

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 04:32
I was at Swensons ice cream yesterday in the Royal mall ....they have moved from that position opposite the beach to a smaller inside shop

I guess the rent was killing them

Well i will meet you tonight at Sky bar after 6

Cool.

You know, when you leave for AU, I'm going to miss you, bro, I can already feel it. It's gonna be lonely here in Pattaya without you.

Hopefully you are not leaving any time soon.
I'm staying until Songkran.

Mickp
September 22nd, 2017, 05:45
Cool.

You know, when you leave for AU, I'm going to miss you, bro, I can already feel it. It's gonna be lonely here in Pattaya without you.

Hopefully you are not leaving any time soon.
I'm staying until Songkran.

Some of us have a job to go back to

latintopxxx
September 22nd, 2017, 07:14
hear hear...

latintopxxx
September 22nd, 2017, 07:15
..and joe..i actually thought it was an irish grammar thing...like u meant that u got sunburnt during the last week of your hols....

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 19:29

Hey Mickp! It's Fri night, but it has been raining since I got up at 6pm. Are you at Sunee now? It's raining and I don't want to walk to Sunee, I'm at Royal Garden Starbucka.
Where are you? If you are somewhere on baht bus route, I can come to you.

newalaan2
September 22nd, 2017, 20:44
Lets catch up blah blah here, there, etc....

Hey Mickp! It's Fri night, but it has been raining since I got up at 6pm. Are you at Sunee now? It's raining and I don't want to walk to Sunee, I'm at Royal Garden Starbucka.
Where are you? If you are somewhere on baht bus route, I can come to you.
For fucksake, instead of trading these absurd and ridiculous pieces of garbage around the main forum, causing it to be littered or the online equivalent of a blocked toilet, why not do what you should have been doing and take it to PMs....or as you are so close with each other, or try using online messaging or phones.....that would be 'so cool' 'bro'.

I assume you have yet to actually meet and you are just trolling around the forum to give yourself some self-indulgent presence here since nobody is taking you at all seriously. But given the content of the rest of your 'contributions' one could speculate that in fact this load of rubbish is all you really have to offer as anything of interest or relevance seems beyond your capabilities.

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 21:00
For fucksake, instead of trading these absurd and ridiculous pieces of garbage around the main forum, causing it to be littered or the online equivalent of a blocked toilet, why not do what you should have been doing and take it to PMs....or as you are so close with each other, or try using online messaging or phones.....that would be 'so cool' 'bro'.

I assume you have yet to actually meet and you are just trolling around the forum to give yourself some self-indulgent presence here since nobody is taking you at all seriously. But given the content of the rest of your 'contributions' one could speculate that in fact this load of rubbish is all you really have to offer as anything of interest or relevance seems beyond your capabilities.

I apologize, newalaan2, please don't be angry!

In another post you said you'll be in Pattaya next week. You said you, too, often visit Ambiance terrace and you would like to meet me.

That would be nice! Even tho I have no idea who to look out for.
So to make it easier to connect, here's 2 pics, my pofile pic probably isn't helpful to you.
I'm really looking forward meeting you!

Dongtan beach, 2 sections towards police statiom from Tui's, before they wrecked the area.

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 21:03
Some of us have a job to go back to

I worry you are leaving soon. I will miss you!

What you doing now? I'm thinking of going to go eat those huge shrimps off soi VC, please join me!

arsenal
September 22nd, 2017, 21:11
Like the look of the Thai boy. Sizzle sizzle. Come to Mr Arsenal.

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 21:17
Like the look of the Thai boy. Sizzle sizzle. Come to Mr Arsenal.

He is hiding his face though lol.
This pic is from few years back, but I'm still in touch with him, an introduction can be arranged, Arsenal.

arsenal
September 22nd, 2017, 21:21
Thanks but Nah. I'm very much veni, vidi, vici when it comes to offs. I see, I like, I off. No pre-arranged meetings before I get to Thailand.

cdnmatt
September 22nd, 2017, 21:33
Newalaan, don't meet Whitehouse! He's a pschcopath (sp) who has admitted publically now that he likes the thought of death.

newalaan2
September 22nd, 2017, 21:50
In another post you said you'll be in Pattaya next week. You said you, too, often visit Ambiance terrace and you would like to meet me. So to make it easier to connect, here's 2 pics

Sarcasm, figure of speech...all lost on you....I did say I will be in Pattaya next week....and I will, I did say I often visit Ambiance terrace...and I do, . I did NOT say I would 'like' to meet you...I said it would be 'interesting' to meet you or rather run into you, just to see if you were 'for real'. Not to be taken literally of course.

pic is from a few years back

Huh? A...FEW...years back? why on earth would you do that and not post an updated one since you seem to have been 'snapping' and posting around Pattaya on your current travels. Your profile pic no doubt is from a 'few years back' too, it seems the chances of actually recognising you are diminishing. you dig around threads from a 'few years back'. Anything wrong with you and your life in 'the here and now'?

All this meeting Mickp chatter/prattle....have you actually met him yet or is all just waffle for the reasons I previously suggested?

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 22:06
Sarcasm, figure of speech...all lost on you...

Anything wrong with you and your life in 'the here and now'?

All this meeting Mickp chatter/prattle....have you actually met him yet or is all just waffle for the reasons I previously suggested?

Pics are from winter 2016, you have every right to question them.

Newalaan2, your pics are much more up do date, your pics are better, and you have every right to criticize mine. I apologise! It was not my intention to anger you.

Please don't me angry about my posts to Mickp, he is my only friend on this board. Mickp will leave Thailand soon, and I will be posting much less then. Meanwhile you could use the ignore feature.

newalaan2
September 22nd, 2017, 22:16
Newalaan, don't meet Whitehouse! He's a pschcopath (sp) who has admitted publically now that he likes the thought of death.

Don't worry I have an idea what he looks like but he has no idea what I look like. As I've often said in trip reports I rarely meet up with other visitors/expats. I rarely also approach visitors/expats as I prefer to interact with Thais as I see enough westerners like myself back home.

I do chat, meet up with some visitors/expats i've recognised/known over the years and do enjoy 'catching up' but if there are too many private/personal enquiries I just pass....anyone who does approach unknown to me, while happy to be courteous I give little away in terms of detailed, personal info, if I find them boorish/boring/waste-of-space, I take my leave. Sometimes it's just not worth the risk of hassle later to give away too much, as a few here who entrusted their personal info with Neal can attest to.

I have arranged a few meet ups which I've enjoyed, and have just missed a couple in passing noteably Jinks whom I missed by a couple of hours and regretted it. As well as being responsible for our very own aborted meeting in Khon Kaen. About 90% of a trip is planned and adhered to but there is always flexibility/slack for the unexpected....read- bf initiated changes... and I know you would probably still be up for and able to manage a short meet-up somewhere in Khon Kaen City centre if I had time.

Apologies to OP Mickp for non-Koh Larn off-topic content.

christianpfc
September 22nd, 2017, 22:28
That's precisely the point, having these messages for all to see. I'm curious if MickP shows up, or what excuses if not.

newalaan2
September 22nd, 2017, 22:35
Pics are from winter 2016, you have every right to question them. Newalaan2, your pics are much more up do date, your pics are better, and you have every right to criticize mine. Please don't me angry about my posts to Mickp, he is my only friend on this board. Mickp will leave Thailand soon, and I will be posting much less then. Meanwhile you could use the ignore feature.

SO...HAVE you actually met Mickp? a simple yes or no will suffice. I would hate to think you have been stringing everyone along just to draw attention to yourself...as you seem so humble.

You offered up your old pics I didn't ask for them, there is a difference.....that was your decision and so you have to suck up any comeback. Posting my own was never going to happen. But please, feel free to post as many of these ancient photos as you so desire.

So have you actually met Mickp?
Mickp....have you met him face to face?
Mickp bro! you met him yet?

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 23:17
SO...HAVE you actually met Mickp? a simple yes or no will suffice.

I don't think I want to talk to you any more, you are rude for no reason at all.

And I'm calling off our date at Ambiance, too. Please don't be angry!

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 23:17
For the record, I first went to Pattaya in the late 90s. My reference to last week was meant to be a joke, which obviously died. Sorry. I met my friend Kwan on my first visit. I maxed out my credit card to go back in October of that year. Although he can speak English well, I don't think he can read or write it. We spent 2 weeks up in Sisaket with his parents, visiting Preah Vihar, among other day trips. So I'm going to see him again when I go in January. Makes me very happy.

Satisfied?

whitemouse
September 22nd, 2017, 23:28
As I've often said in trip reports I rarely meet up with other visitors/expats. I rarely also approach visitors/expats as I prefer to interact with Thais as I see enough westerners like myself back home.

I do chat, meet up with some visitors/expats i've recognised/known over the years and do enjoy 'catching up' but if there are too many private/personal enquiries I just pass....anyone who does approach unknown to me, while happy to be courteous I give little away in terms of detailed, personal info, if I find them boorish/boring/waste-of-space, I take my leave.

If there are too many private, personal question, you walk away, you said. Makes sense, I would walk too,

But my 1.5 yr old pics aren't good enough for you, you kept pressing me for more recent photo. Doesn't that strike you as too personal, and simply rude? I wouldn't talk like that even on Hornet to anonymous stranger.

Why don't you practice what you preach, don't get personal, have some respect!

gerefan2
September 22nd, 2017, 23:29
My Mum and Dad thought me never to talk to or meet strangers.
And there's non so strange as some here.

joe552
September 22nd, 2017, 23:49
My Mum and Dad thought me never to talk to or meet strangers.
And there's non so strange as some here.

I'm sure your Mum and Dad were lovely people, but they didn't teach you English very well. Your post should read taught and none. You're welcome, from a grammar and spelling Nazi.

Mickp
September 23rd, 2017, 03:13
That's precisely the point, having these messages for all to see. I'm curious if MickP shows up, or what excuses if not.

Oh really Christian, maybe im not real? You could be onto something

Maybe im writing this from my cabin in outback fucking Alaska?

whitemouse
September 23rd, 2017, 03:41
Oh really Christian, maybe im not real? You could be onto something

Maybe im writing this from my cabin in outback fucking Alaska?

Hey Mickp! How was your day?

I'm getting some seriously negative reactions over you and I conversing. There's this guy Newalaan2, he is really upset with me.

Do you think there's even a point to stick around here, with such negativity? I mean the guy even complained the photos I posted weren't fresh enough for him.

Why do you think that is? Why are some SGF users so angry?
You know, you are keeping me here, Mickp, and when you go back to AU, there's no reason to be here any more.

How do you feel about Sawadtee forum? What's up with this guy NewAlaan2, have you crossed him in some way? Cos he's pissed as hell, and I don't know why.

Mickp, you didn't post all day, I thought you left Pattaya already, I felt sad.

a447
September 23rd, 2017, 08:54
My reference to last week was meant to be a joke, which obviously died.

A precisely placed "lol" would have saved the day.

Oops! Sorry. Make that "lel".

joe552
September 23rd, 2017, 10:34
Well done, my first chuckle of the day.

Col (chuckling out loud)

Mickp
September 23rd, 2017, 12:08
Hey Mickp! How was your day?

I'm getting some seriously negative reactions over you and I conversing. There's this guy Newalaan2, he is really upset with me.

Do you think there's even a point to stick around here, with such negativity? I mean the guy even complained the photos I posted weren't fresh enough for him.

Why do you think that is? Why are some SGF users so angry?
You know, you are keeping me here, Mickp, and when you go back to AU, there's no reason to be here any more.

How do you feel about Sawadtee forum? What's up with this guy NewAlaan2, have you crossed him in some way? Cos he's pissed as hell, and I don't know why.

Mickp, you didn't post all day, I thought you left Pattaya already, I felt sad.

No im still here mouse...i think u shouldnt give a fuck about newalaan and keep posting , newalaan and me go way back and simetimes he 's on his periods

scottish-guy
September 23rd, 2017, 17:11
Really?

I would have though her menstrual flow dried up decades ago

:p