PDA

View Full Version : Laos business VISA

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 09:25
Curious, would anyone here by chance have details on Laos business VISA requirements? I tried searching today, and maybe I'm just being blind again, but couldn't really find anything. I got basic details such as types of VISAs available, then a bunch of people asking about Laos, and other people saying it's very difficult. That was about it though.

I'm looking for details. For example, I know in Thailand it's 2 million baht in the bank, business registration and license, and you need to hire 4 Thais. Does anyone by chance know any specifics like that for Laos?

I'm a 36 year old Canadian, and need a long-term VISA of some kind. If it requires me to open up a restaurant or internet cafe or similar, and hire some Laos people, then that's what we will do. I don't want to go back to Canada, and want to stay in a Buddhist soceity.

Also, by chance any info on getting dogs into Laos from Thailand? I'm assuming just a rabies vaccination, correct? I can't possibly see Laos requiring me to get them micro chipped, or anything.

And while on the topic, anyone have details of blacklisting law in Thailand? Assuming I get to the Nong Khai border crossing without a police checkpoint, plus have a brand new Canadian passport in hand, what happens? Do they blacklist me there and then, and let me cross into Laos? Or do I have to goto jail for a few days, and be brought before a judge before being allowed to exit the country?

Too bad John Lennon's wish didn't come true -- "Imagine a world without borders"

frequent
September 15th, 2017, 09:35
Curious, would anyone here by chance have details on Laos business VISA requirements? I tried searching today, and maybe I'm just being blind again, but couldn't really find anything.Since you've been gone from Canada, Matt, the Internet has exploded with what are called "search engines". A popular one is Google and its first two results provided all the information I'd have thought anyone would need:
http://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa.html
https://laos.travisa.com/Common/TVSVisaInstructions.aspx?countryid=la&residenceid=us&partnerid=ta&glid=aus&citizenshipid=CA

Essentially - and this is a technical term - you're screwed if you can't find, beg, borrow, or bribe a Lao business sponsor

I ... want to stay in a Buddhist soceity.Can I suggest Burma? They're a staunchly Buddhist society, much in the news these days for undertaking some ethnic cleansing - a mere detail I'm sure

arsenal
September 15th, 2017, 09:41
I've bought the fucking popcorn now. So get in that fucking boat with two dogs, Leo from Laos, the Bitcoin hard drive and fucking give your adoring readers the thrills and spills they deserve. Now is not the time to get writer's block Mattyboy.

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 10:08
Since you've been gone from Canada, Matt, the Internet has exploded with what are called "search engines". A popular one is Google and its first two results provided all the information I'd have thought anyone would need:
http://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa.html
https://laos.travisa.com/Common/TVSVisaInstructions.aspx?countryid=la&residenceid=us&partnerid=ta&glid=aus&citizenshipid=CA

Essentially - and this is a technical term - you're screwed if you can't find, beg, borrow, or bribe a Lao business sponsor
Can I suggest Burma? They're a staunchly Buddhist society, much in the news these days for undertaking some ethnic cleansing - a mere detail I'm sure

Yes, I found those sites too. They don't provide specifics though.

For example, I know a Canada passport photo needs to be 50x70mm in size, font facing, no smiling, no galre or shadow, from my chin to top of my head needs to be 31-36mm, can not modify via Photoshop, etc. I know with Thailand it's 2 million in the bank, and 4 Thai employees.

I don't know what it is for Laos though, and I can't seem to find it. All I really find is people asking the same question, because there doesn't seem to be any info online.

My best bet right now is just to fire Leo off into Laos, ask him to consult with an immigration lawyer, and hope for the best.

arsenal
September 15th, 2017, 10:15
When looking to bribe an official from Laos I always find that fairy dust is the recipients preferred currency. Failing that a chocolate bar with a golden ticket should suffice.

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 10:24
bArsenal, put the drugs down, and fuck off.

arsenal
September 15th, 2017, 10:29
I understand the simplest way to get from KK to Laos is the follow The Yellow Brick Road. Can anyone confirm this?

dinagam
September 15th, 2017, 10:31
Buddhists can teach you how to levitate yourself and your dogs across the Mekong river to Laos.

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 10:36
Ok, so no compassion coming forward from Westerners? Got it.

arsenal
September 15th, 2017, 10:56
And your expectations were.....?

frequent
September 15th, 2017, 12:24
Yes, I found those sites too. They don't provide specifics though.

For example, I know a Canada passport photo needs to be 50x70mm in size, font facing, no smiling, no galre or shadow, from my chin to top of my head needs to be 31-36mm, can not modify via Photoshop, etc. I know with Thailand it's 2 million in the bank, and 4 Thai employees.

I don't know what it is for Laos though, and I can't seem to find it. All I really find is people asking the same question, because there doesn't seem to be any info online.

My best bet right now is just to fire Leo off into Laos, ask him to consult with an immigration lawyer, and hope for the best.Since you've clearly got all the important issues sorted out, such as your invitation from a Lao company, surely they should be helping you with these petty details

In fact what you're really talking about is a work permit "I know with Thailand it's 2 million in the bank, and 4 Thai employees" which possibly might be found via this link (http://www.investlaos.gov.la/index.php/visa-stay-permit-card). According to this site (http://jclao.com/the-basic-rules-of-employment-in-laos/) ther foreigner proportion for employees is "no more than 25%". However you seem to be totally confused. First of all it's business visa information you seek, then it's work permits and now we're on the really important stuff - the size of the passport photo

I think we deserve to know - will you be holding your white stick in the photo?

lcsulla
September 15th, 2017, 12:33
Try this site
https://laotiantimes.com/2016/11/29/visas-laos/

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 14:16
Try this site
https://laotiantimes.com/2016/11/29/visas-laos/

Thanks, and I found that site yesterday too. Again, no actual specifics though, and just basic / overview information.

I think we'll just have to get Leo to visit an immigration lawyer when he goes back to Laos, and hope for the best.

@frequent -- I'm not looking for a job in Laos. I have work for me covered. However, what I do need is a long-term VISA, because being an illegal immigrant sucks. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming Laos must have something similar to Thailand. Start a small business (eg. internet cafe, restaurant, etc.), provide employment for X Laos citizens, and get a VISA. Leo would run the shop, while I'm busy doing my software thing. We'll just tell the government I run it, so I don't have to worry about VISAs anymore.

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 15:29
Oh, for fuck sakes.... are there by chance any good hearted farangs in Khon Kaen out there who can help me fill out a passport application? We tried, it didn't work.

Then Leo gets angry at me for going crazy. Well, no shit, try being blind.

frequent
September 15th, 2017, 16:22
Oh, for fuck sakes.... are there by chance any good hearted farangs in Khon Kaen out there who can help me fill out a passport application? We tried, it didn't work.OK, I'm game - a passport application? You're renewing your Canadian passport or Leo is applying for a Lao passport?

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 16:40
Canadian passport. We have everything -- printed forms, manilla envelopes, photos, references, etc. Problem is, I can't see the fucken form, so I can't fill it out. Leo did his best, but it wasn't workable.

whitemouse
September 15th, 2017, 17:07
Oh, for fuck sakes.... are there by chance any good hearted farangs in Khon Kaen out there who can help me fill out a passport application? We tried, it didn't work.

You mean in the same Khon Kaen where the hail storm took place on Sept 10th, less than a week ago? Don't believe me about the hail, check your own link:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-news/334229/hail-storms-hit-northern-thailand

Everyone in Chiang Mai ok? We even got it here in Khon Kaen, so it must have been a huge storm in Chiang Mai. I even had to have an argument with Leo as to whether or not ice was falling from the sky. I know what rain feels like, and that wasn't just rain -- that was ice.

LOL

Smiles
September 15th, 2017, 17:10
Well, no shit, try being blind.
Always the victim eh?
There's a name for that kind of neurosis, but I can't remember it.

And by the way ... I have legal copyright of the phrase " ... Oh, for fuck's sake ... ". So back off buster and figure out you own cliche.

whitemouse
September 15th, 2017, 17:20
Canadian passport. We have everything -- printed forms, manilla envelopes, photos, references, etc. Problem is, I can't see the fucken form, so I can't fill it out. Leo did his best, but it wasn't workable.

There is no such thing as 'refrences' when applying for Canadian passport.
You need to put more effort into your stories, Matt!

A guarantor is needed when applying for Canadian passport. Just one. You will now turn around and say that by 'refrences' what you really meant is a gurantor, fine! I can be a guarantor for you, I have a valid Canadian passport, as your luck has it, I am in Thailand right now. So I can help you with a form, and I can be your guarantor!

Here is the important bit about the guarantor:
Guarantor:All non-simplified passport applications require a guarantor who has known the applicant personally for at least two years.
If the passport application is for a child, the guarantor must have known the parent (applicant) for at least two years.
Who may act as your guarantor:
1/ An individual with a valid Canadian passport:
Any individual holding a full validity five- or ten-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for less than one year on the day the applicant submits the application.
This individual must have known the applicant for at least two years.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/consular_services_consulaires/references-guarantor_references-repondant.aspx?lang=eng

And my tel nr: 09091035 eight zero

After we have spoken, I'm going to ask Moses to edit this post and remove the tel nr.
Speak to you soon, Matt!

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 17:25
What? Yes, 2 references are required. Go look at the form.

And yes, a guarantor as well. We'll get my vet for that.

Smiles
September 15th, 2017, 17:32
CndMatt is probably just remembering the past when one's guarantors had to be somebody "Highly Looked Up To In The Village". I.E. a politician :D , a minister-of-the -faith :crazy_mini:, a doctor (but not a dentist), one's manager(?), a lawyer (??) :eek:, a Notory Public etc etc.
Now, any old flunky will do ... perhaps an undocumented pedophile. :love:

whitemouse
September 15th, 2017, 17:38
Ok, so no compassion coming forward from Westerners? Got it.

A compassionate farang 'frequent' already stepped forward, and offered to help you in this thread.

And I did, too. Waiting for your phone call, Matt!

Smiles
September 15th, 2017, 17:41
A compassionate farang 'frequent' already stepped forward, and offered to help you in this thread.
And I did, too. Waiting for your phone call, Matt!
WhiteMouse ... please take into consideration that you might well be arrested by the police for helping out Matt (in Thailand or Laos ... in fact I'm pretty sure Sri Lanka will be next on CndMatt's list.)
Let us know if you get a call. Thousands haven't.

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 17:46
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/passport_services_passeport/guarantor-repondant.aspx?lang=eng

There. I'm not wrong. I need a guarantor based on occupation, because I don't know anyone with a 5 or 10 Canadian passport. And yes, I need two personal non-family references that I've known for 2+ years.

All of that is done. I need to fill out the fucken form though, but I can't, because I can't see it.

This is the type of thing that is driving me insane. I'm trying my best, but fucke me.... I even have to argue with my husband as to whether or not his mother can fix spinal cord injuries. No, she can't.

whitemouse
September 15th, 2017, 18:04
Guarantor RequirementsDuties of a guarantorYour guarantor must perform the following tasks free of charge:

Complete and sign the "Declaration of Guarantor" section of your application form.
Write, "I certify this to be a true likeness of (name of applicant or child)" on the back of one of the passport photos and sign.
If applicable, sign and date a copy of each document to support your identity.

The applicant must not assist the guarantor in performing his or her duties. If your guarantor requires assistance, contact Passport Canada.
Eligible guarantorsA guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity. The guarantor must have known you personally for at least two (2) years. In the case of a child, the guarantor must have known the applicant (parent or legal guardian) personally for at least two (2) years and have knowledge of the child. The guarantor must also be accessible to Passport Canada for verification.
Please refer below to either option A or B for the eligible guarantor.
Option A

If you choose a Canadian passport holder as a guarantor, your guarantor must:

Hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year, on the day you submit your application;
Be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older;
Have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for his or her own passport;
Provide the requested information contained in his or her passport.

A guarantor's passport is not considered valid if:

It is damaged or inaccessible;
It has been suspended or revoked;
It has been reported lost or stolen;
It has been found and returned to Passport Canada;
It has been destroyed by Passport Canada; or
Passport Canada has requested that it be returned.

The above is copy/paste from your link, Matt, as you can read, I am eligible to be your guarantor.

But if you have a guarantor lined up, I can help you with filling the passport application forms.

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 18:14
Ok, I originally asked about Laos business VISA requirements, and we're not talking about guarantors for a Canadian passport for some reason. No, I have a guarantor already.

And no, you can't be my guarantor. We haven't known each other for 2 years. And yes, the Canadian government will check.
n

Smiles
September 15th, 2017, 18:15
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/passport_services_passeport/guarantor-repondant.aspx?lang=eng
There. I'm not wrong. I need a guarantor based on occupation, because I don't know anyone with a 5 or 10 Canadian passport. And yes, I need two personal non-family references that I've known for 2+ years.
In January of 2016 I applied at the Canada Embassy for a renewal of my 5 year Canadian passport to a 10-yr Canadian passport. The whole process took but a few weeks.
Regarding the 'Referencers' (that's what they call them on the application form. The application states that the only criteria were these (copied from the application form):

Provide the following information for two (2) persons who are neither your relatives; are 18 years of age or over; and who have known you for at least two (2) years. They must agree to have their contact information provided as they may be contacted to confirm your identity.

The Referencers did not have to be Canadian citizens, and no part of the application said anything about 'occupation'. I used as referencers one American, one English, and one Canadian. The application part regarding guarantors stated that they wanted each referencers phone number for possible extra verification.

And yes, the Canadian government will check.

After I received my new passport I phoned each Referencer and, just out of curiosity, asked them if the Embassy had ever phoned them regarding being one of my referencer. None had been phoned. So you are wrong on that one as well.

Perhaps CndMatt is looking at the wrong Passport Application. He should be looking at a Form called "Simplified Canadian Renewal Passport"

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2017, 18:27
Yes, that's what I've been saying all along, but it turned into this big fucked up argument for no reason.

Two personal references, guarantor, photo ID, birth certificate, old passport, and good to go. Oh, and the photos, and we have those, or at least I hope they're right.

What I do need is someone who can read English with a pen.

That, and Laos business VISA regulations.

That, and what happens to me when I hit the border in Nong Khai? Do I get blacklisted there and then, or do I end up in jail for a few days before being brought before a judge?

Smiles
September 15th, 2017, 18:51
" ... what happens to me when I hit the border in Nong Khai? Do I get blacklisted ... "
I'd blacklist you. It's against the law to hit borders.

whitemouse
September 15th, 2017, 20:57
Ok, I originally asked about Laos business VISA requirements, and we're not talking about guarantors for a Canadian passport for some reason.

I have a guarantor already.

Passport application has a line that gurantor must sign. Since you have your gurantor filled that part of an application, why didn't you ask him to fill the rest of the application? Both your details, and details of guarantor are on the same form, same page.

You said you are unable to fill the application form on your own, but you managed to have your guarantor fill in his part. Your guarantor had your application in front of him, pen in his hand as he filled his part, but you did not ask him to complete the rest of the page. Instead, you are searching for complete stranger on the Internet to do the writing for your passport application.

You didn't call btw, I offered to do the writing for you. Frequent also offered to fill the form for you, did you contact him, at least?

a447
September 15th, 2017, 21:08
It's a bit much to expect frequent to travel all the way from South Brisbane to KK just to help out matt.
Our bitcoin boy hasn't even offered to pay his airfare!

So looks like he'll have to rely on you, whitemouse, as you are in Thailand.

But I wouldn't hold my breach waiting for a call.

whitemouse
September 15th, 2017, 22:05
It's a bit much to expect frequent to travel from AU..

Especially considering application is a PDF, and Matt can type.

Seems odd that a guy pumping out code for living doesn't know there is no need for pen, all that's needed is keyboard and pdf editor. Pen is needed only for signature, and Leo from Laos can hold a finger to point where Matt's signs with pen.

Here, I started Matt's form already:

joe552
September 16th, 2017, 00:49
I've always thought of Matt as a genuine, if somewhat naive, guy. But this thread makes absolutely no sense to me. He's happily settled in KK with his dogs, and his computer work. Now he's planning to relocate to Laos? To be with Leo, who I think he's known about 6 months? If Matt arrives at the Laos border with his new Canadian passport (if he ever figures out how to get one) would the absence of a Thai arrival stamp raise questions for the Thai border authorities? Surely they can find out how long he's been actually living in Thailand?

Sorry Matt, but for me this is a saga too far and I don't believe a word. Not that you'll give a shit what I think.

Nirish guy
September 16th, 2017, 02:52
So just to clarify then .... so on the 4th of Sept Matt said ... "Decision is already 100% made, we're going to Chiang Mai." Then on the 6th of Sept and just for firmer clarity on the point he added " .....location isn't up for debate. The decision has already been made, it's Chiang Mai." This was of course after him giving several apparently well thought out reasons including it being an up and coming underground coders hub etc etc ...

Wow, just as the song (nearly) says "what a difference two weeks make" eh as we're now on to maybe opening a restaurant or Internet cafe for him to own and his bf run, but with him actually just working away behind the scenes coding ( with no work permit?) - hmm yep, okay then.

arsenal
September 16th, 2017, 06:45
Matt. I think it's time to call in the top guy. You need expert advice on this as well as a range of other issues. I suggest you call Bogsvile Mick and get him up to KK as your personal consultant.

frequent
September 16th, 2017, 07:11
Perhaps CndMatt is looking at the wrong Passport Application. He should be looking at a Form called "Simplified Canadian Renewal Passport"I am horrified - horrified and scandalised - that the Canadians do not accept Bitcoin in payment for a passport
So just to clarify then .... so on the 4th of Sept Matt said ... "Decision is already 100% made, we're going to Chiang Mai." Then on the 6th of Sept and just for firmer clarity on the point he added " .....location isn't up for debate. The decision has already been made, it's Chiang Mai." This was of course after him giving several apparently well thought out reasons including it being an up and coming underground coders hub etc etc ...You need to go back just a few more weeks, Nirish guy. Then Matt was gung ho about spending 500K baht for himself and his Lao catamite to buy a Thailand Elite 5-year visa by travelling to Singapore. I did point out to him that he could combine the two 500K amounts and get himself a 20-year Thailand Elite visa but that didn't seem to fit in with the narrative

And now the Chinese have started shutting down Bitcoin exchanges (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/reports-china-orders-bitcoin-exchanges-shut-49841307). I've embedded a hyperlink in the text because I know from previous posts by him that Matt is incapable of reading emphasis or italics, so I'm assuming he can't follow hyperlinks as well

arsenal
September 16th, 2017, 07:28
And these days where China goes the others follow. Irony really. It was the Bitcoin nonsense that led to the entire unravelling of Matt's carefully crafted life in pixels.

pong
September 16th, 2017, 21:24
Hi Matt-ey, back to the Q; my advice would be to start with reading fora like thaivisa-they -and I guess you know that already-have 100s of branches, also about ASEAN neighbours and their specific requirements re visa+ likely some personal experinece of people who have treid before you- probably much more informative as just reading the official data for it. Expect much more of lazy burocrats and the need to slip Tmoney in the back door as in TH.
Oh-and bypass places like Vientiane and VangVieng for that-opening some/whatever kind of touristy shop,theyre really overstaurated, even more as farang in Patters. Plus that Lao certainly attracts other types of tourists as what TH usually gets in. Already bought that nice red maple-leaf flag to wave around and draw attention for your/Leo's new venture?

christianpfc
September 17th, 2017, 11:54
This forum is a poor choice to ask for visa regulations (but then I have an inkling it's not visa regulations what cdntroll is looking for), better try thaivisa or Lao embassy (they might have a branch in Khon Kaen?).

I have two friends from UK who are going to set up a business in Lao, from that I conclude that there must be some way to stay long time in Lao.

And no, you can't be my guarantor. We haven't known each other for 2 years. And yes, the Canadian government will check.
It's almost 2 years (Whitemouse Side Topics):
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17413-Whitemouse-Side-Topics
And over 8 years that cdntroll first blessed us with his stories (Advice for long-term needed...):
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?9891-Advice-for-long-term-needed

justaguy
September 18th, 2017, 03:35
Matt, just go to the nearest police station and claim you lost your passport. Because what I gather from your previous stories is that you are in Thailand illegally. Ask Leo, those Lao have a system to deal with this. In fact, many go to the embassy back in BKK and to the Lao consulate in KK. They get a laissez passer and cross the border the very same day, or in case of BKK the next day. No worries, no questions asked.

Personally I would just cross the border illegally and be done with it. Not only do you need to explain away the fact that you are in Thailand illegally (remember, police report, laissez passer and hope they don't match your name in their database ) but you also need a long term visa in Lao. Whilst the Lao are certainly not so stingy when it come to overstay as the Thai (oh my what tossers they are in this aspect, even crimals get a better treatment), you canot simply do a monthly border run, as the Thai will only allow you two times a year at the bridge, so after two months, you will either need to get a visa or fly back and forth. Or worse do a border run towards Vietnam ! (in which case you also need a visa beforehand, as the Vietnamese don't allow Canadians into their country without one).

You have Leo, certainly he can arrange someone to vouch for you, so you can obtain that one year business visa, it will cost a few bucks, but alas cheaper than doing monthly border runs, that is dam sure.

arsenal
September 18th, 2017, 11:36
I have just received a carrier pigeon from Commander Dude Matt. Obviously written in code but using my decypher thingy I have cracked it. He asks me to apologise on his behalf for not replying to all the useful advice he has received regarding this issue. He is currently 'on manoeuvres' somewhere in South East Asia disguised as a blind man with two dogs and doing a 'rekky' about opening a roast turkey restaurant somewhere along The Mekong. Leo from Laos is getting in cases of Leo from Thailand to celebrate The Commander's return with good news.

Screamaloud
September 18th, 2017, 11:54
I need a catchup thread on the life and times of CDNMATT so I can binge read what he has been up to. This guy sounds like a modern day hero who just can't seem to get an easy break in life.

From what I have worked out so far, I think it would go something like this.....

A Canadian national somehow finds himself illegally transported into Thailand, engages in bitcoin farming and 24/7 hardcore computer coding on the fringes of the Dark Web all with the support of his trusty sidekick - a Seagate 64GB HDD that he can randomly attach to any old computer to generate a few sheckels - and this is all despite him being so terribly blind that he cannot see clearly enough to fill out a form to renew his passport. So, you ask, "How does he piss in the pot in the middle of the night when mother nature calls, if he is so blind?", Well, as they story is told, he has Leo his trusty manservant, Lao boyfriend, and general piss aimer to support him. But alas, Leo cannot write english on a form so Leo is only good for piss aiming and no good for form filling.

More troubles ensue when our trusty hero decides to relocate to Laos to set up a business there and escape his illegal immigration status of Thailand. But he needs a business visa. And he doesn't have a business visa. "How do I find out how to get a business visa for Laos?....." our trusty hero ponders for a moment. "I know, I'll ask Sawatdeenetwork.com for advice. That place is full of immigration lawyers who specialise in Lao business Visas......Problem solved". "Well, steady on there tiger, your problems still aren't solved. You need a "business" to justify a "business visa"" is the advice of one of the most learned legal minds on Sawatdeenetwork.com. "Ah Hah.....I already worked that one out.....I'm going to open an internet cafe or a coffee shop or something....Leo will be put to work and I will sit out the back doing my bitcoin farming business and the hardcore coding on the fringes of the Dark Web. I will call Leo back to assist me when I need to take a piss." is the savvy response from our beleaguered hero.

Somewhere amongst this tragic life story there is a spinal cord injury....that is going to be cured by some random Thai lady with questionable skill in the areas of healing spinal cord injuries.....but that is probably for the sequel, or the prequel, or the side series......

arsenal
September 18th, 2017, 12:21
A second pigeon has arrived. I know it's from Commander Dude Matt because it's got a little kickass chilli round it's beak. He says that the passport is no longer a problem because using the latest dark web software and his apple printer will allow him to forge one which as he points out it so much easier than filling in a form and going to the Canadian Embassy and asking for one. He also says that the roast turkey restaurant plan is moving along nicely. All he has to do is find the location, hire the staff, get the business visa, get the food and alcohol licence, build the kitchen, buy the furniture, launch a huge marketing campaign, get the road built to the riverside location, inform the tour guides of his establishment, build the kickass smokehouse and fill up the salt and pepper pots. He thinks he can do most of it by next week, even with his heartbreaking blindness but sourcing the turkey is proving to be a bit of a problem. He knows he can get turkey crowns, legs, butterball, ready to roast, fresh, frozen and Norfolk turkey. However he wants to serve wild turkey taken from the wild forests of his homeland Canada. If anyone knows of where wild forest dwelling Canadian turkeys can be sourced in Laos then they can either pm him, send him a coded message using the very latest encryption machine or send him a message in a bottle.

frequent
September 18th, 2017, 13:35
I need a catchup thread on the life and times of CDNMATT so I can binge read what he has been up to. This guy sounds like a modern day hero who just can't seem to get an easy break in life.He's an example to us all, is Matt

a447
September 18th, 2017, 15:38
I know it's from Commander Dude Matt because it's got a little kickass chilli round it's beak.

Lol

cdnmatt
September 20th, 2017, 17:19
Ok, Leo left again yesterday morning again, and love him and all, but thank fuck for that. Now I finally have some peace and quiet, and my life doesn't keep changing every three hours, because that was driving me insane.

@Smiles -- No, I need the new passport application form, and it's not a fillable PDF form, or at least not with LibreOffice. I can't even read it with my screen reader. It's ok, got it figured. Having it transcribed for me, so when Leo is filling it out I'll be able to follow along with him. He can read conversational English quite well, but is incapable of reading the legalities on a pssport form. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/blind-windsor-woman-denied-help-filling-out-passport-docs-1.4052757

@NIrish -- Yes, plans changed. Plans have never changed in your life? We have to leave this house, and my idea was Chaing Mai, as I've been wanting that for years. Then Leo pops into my bedroom pleading Vientiane with me, so I sat on it for a few days, and agreed. The more I thought about it, the better the idea sounds. I've been there before, and it is a really nice city with excellent farang restaurants.

Plus Leo is from Alos, so more comfortable there, and work / business is no problem for him. He already has friends there that can help us, because we will need it to get settled in. Plus I have to get these immigration issues resolved at some point, so better now than never. I want to go back to Canada, and see my family, plus take Leo there as well.

@arsenal -- What "bitcoin nonsense"? I'm not rich, but yes, I work in the industry. What's so weird about that? If wanted, go ahead and ask me anything you want about the protocol (excluding mining). Go ahead and get complex as you'd like, right now to byte sequences of node messages.

-------------------

Thanks to the others for the advice. Yeah, I can see there's a 1 year business VISA available, but no specifics on the requirements. It's ok, Leo is back in Laos now, so I'm having him consult with an immigration lawyer. Then I'll contact some in Vientiane myself, because for some strange reason, I don't really feel like trusting him to secure a long-term VISA for me. :)

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 19:34
oh lord...just when I thought this was winding down mattyboy throws a couple of logs onto the embers..