PDA

View Full Version : Fully booked

paperboy
September 14th, 2017, 18:06
hi
just checking booking.com and agoda for Zing hotel in jomtien for next June.
Both sites are coming up FULL:mad::mad:

How can that be, in June, low season,
Stayed there last year, great value and very clean, and great location, and empty,
so dont understand why its saying its full???
Sent a email to them direct, they have availability but double the price
will just hang on, no rush

arsenal
September 14th, 2017, 18:09
Yes, I doubt they're sold out. I'd check every few days and sooner or later the dates you want will become available.

Moses
September 14th, 2017, 20:09
They just prefer to sell rooms via other channels: tour agencies, website and so on... No one hotel gives to booking.com all rooms for sale: at first - BC wants low price, second - in addition to low price BC asks for 8-20% of commission (depends on location and hotel's range). So most hotels sale at BC only few rooms and rest may be in sale at "last minute" - "leftovers" from direct sales.

BOY69
September 14th, 2017, 22:00
It's too soon many hotels start selling their room 6 month in advance or less so now if you want make a booking you see false notification that it's fully booked but it's not they just didn't start the booking.

Oliver
September 14th, 2017, 22:43
BOY69 is correct.
But I'd add the following. Organisations like Booking Com and Agoda "buy" a number of rooms. Once their allocation is pre-booked they declare the hotel fully-booked. Contact the hotel direct. I'd be amazed if is really full....unless there is a huge group booking from China, or a company holding a conference.

goji
September 15th, 2017, 05:16
I agree with the previous responses. Just wait a while.

Also, it looks like booking.com & so on also play other tricks, such as often making it look like there are only a couple of rooms left, to hurry people into booking.

scottish-guy
September 15th, 2017, 07:30
Lots of tricks go on.

One of my ruses is to book with Hotels.com via Topcashback or Quidco to get up to 10% cashback plus the "book 10 nights get one free".

Was looking to book a hotel in London in October at 109 GBP but decided to try thru Quidco to get 10% cashback.

Guess what - via Quidco the price shot up to 139GBP.

Went back to hotels.com direct and booked at 109

:D

Mickp
September 15th, 2017, 09:41
Next June????:rolleyes: Fuck me,you must be fooking bored in life to plan that far ahead.

How about you wait until next May then book,its fookin low season then

latintopxxx
September 15th, 2017, 09:49
mickp...thats a bit harsh...maybe paperboy is german and they do like to plan ahead...I have a german contract that has me forward booked 2 years.

Mickp
September 15th, 2017, 09:54
yeah well I suppose since paperboy can't get it free off grindr in his own country....he must be salivating like a horny mangy dog waiting for June:p poor bastard and u thought you had problems.

frequent
September 15th, 2017, 12:36
I have a german contract that has me forward booked 2 years.Working up the courage?

GWMinUS
September 15th, 2017, 12:36
Mickp, speaking of mangy dogs. You need to chain yours up in the backyard.