PDA

View Full Version : Kawaii Closing

francois
September 13th, 2017, 13:45
I heard from a former dancer at Kawaii that it will close permanently on 15 Sept. Cannot confirm at present. :(

gerefan2
September 14th, 2017, 01:01
Well I'm not surprised. Although some members here say they go in there I've rarely seen another customer while I've been in there.
It was another place that never spent a single sating on paint or cleanliness...

arsenal
September 14th, 2017, 02:13
Boyztown is slowly but surely going from three streets to down to one. Sunee seems to be in terminal decline. The reasons for this are not clear because any reason touted applies equally to straights and yet Walking street is as busy and buzzy as ever. I simply don't understand it.

goji
September 14th, 2017, 03:18
I don't understand it either. Whilst I don't go around counting straight bars enough to confirm if numbers are stable, growing or shrinking, there are girly bars in many parts of Pattaya & I don't see evidence of closures. Possibly due to not looking hard enough.

BOY69
September 14th, 2017, 03:58
Walking street seems bussy and buzzy but if you look carefully into the bars they are not packed as used to be in the past and the staff working hard to convince customers to come inside .
I was at BT last July and it was almost a ghost town .I assume the
endless available boys at the apps and the substantial increasing rates of the drinks and off fees are the main reason of this.

gerefan2
September 14th, 2017, 04:32
Go down Walking Street and look at the adjacent small sois opposite Marina Disco.

Many, many closed bars and Gogo bars to be seen.

Like Boyztown the main drag (excuse pun) is still very active.

Dalewood
September 14th, 2017, 09:10
A straight guy I was talking to said that the ladies are 12-15 years older than they used to be in the bars.

neddy3
September 14th, 2017, 09:30
It will be disappointing if we lose another bar.

It is not just gay bars.
Pattayaland soi 2 used to have a number of busy lady bars, and one for "ladies".
Now they are mostly closed.
The Classroom is one that remains.
I walked past last night; no customer at 11 pm.

BOY69
September 14th, 2017, 11:27
The improvement on the Thai economy caused that less boys/girls are willing to work at the bars so we have less attractive and olders staff there also the type of tourists arrive to Thailand is changing more families and less 'sex' tourist.
I do miss the old days the bars were pack and bussy with lots of attractive boys and great ambience but you can find them now through the apps.

FarangRuMak
September 14th, 2017, 14:28
The chaperoned Chinese tourist groups are making Walking Street just that-a Walking Street.
There are other groups too but the obsession is with photos and videos, pointing and taking selfies and groupies but never getting involved and never doing any business.
You can tell by their giggling and nudging that they've been told that Boyz Town is another must- see creepy place like Believe It Or Not.
However that explains the "new tourism" but it doesn't explain the demise of the Boy and Girlie bars.
The increased diversity of employment opportunities for the youth in Thailand has a lot to do with it as has been already mentioned.
Economic growth puts all Asian countries on a Hong Kong or Singapore -like trajectory.

scottish-guy
September 14th, 2017, 14:37
... the bars were pack and busy with lots of attractive boys and great ambience but you can find them now through the apps.

And there, gentlemen, is one of the main reasons for the decline.

As to why "str8" go-go bars appear to be surviving better than "gay" ones, I'd suggest taking a look at the age range of the respective customer bases and the way in which those customers patronise the venues:

It's been my observation that the age of customers in "str8" go-go bars is considerably younger and that the customers are often in groups of 2/3/4. In other words younger guys out to get drunk and to get fucked - and if the "girls" are now 15yrs older as one poster says, then so much the better as fucking a more "mature" lady is a big turn on for many younger str8 guys.

Take a look at any "gay" go-go - the client base is made up of predominantly middle-aged/elderly guys sitting on their own. By and large they are not there to get pissed, they are having perhaps a single drink to suss out the available boys before deciding if it's worth staying - hell, some on here boast of preferring to peep in the door without even buying a drink - and then wonder why the bars close down. Having said that, the ever escalating prices play a part also.

Gay go-go customers have pretty defined tastes whether it be for twinks, fems, or str8 looking boys - and if the available selection does not appeal to them they just leave. Young, str8, half-pissed guys will consider fucking anything (trust me :D)

To sum up, it's my observation that older gay guys (and look around - that's all there is), are not in a go-go bar with their m8s for a bit of a party and willing to flirt with and choose from a wide variety of what's on offer. Being (mostly) on their own and having such specific tastes, it's my belief that they are much more likely than younger str8 guys to seek out sex dates from the internet.

Just my thoughts.

Oliver
September 14th, 2017, 15:15
It's disappointing but inevitable. My generation flocked to Pattaya because there were things on offer that were not available in the UK..Younger gay men today can express their sexuality in ways that would have put us in prison as teenagers. For them, commercial sex is irrelevant because they can enjoy themselves in clubs and online. And why travel huge distances at considerable cost to Asia when European destinations can be reached cheaply in a couple of hours on Easyjet?
Scottish is correct. In twenty years, I've hardly ever seen an under-thirty falang in a gay bar- occasionally a Chinese or Japanese one but very seldom "one of us". And the bad news is that "we" are dying out, in my case as disgracefully as possible.
By the way, in the past fifteen years, a number of London gay saunas have closed, including the biggest , Chariots. I suggest that this is for the same reason- younger guys don't "need" them like we did. They use Grindr et al. And like the gay bars in Pattaya, the small number of London saunas that are left are the haunt of the older generation.

arsenal
September 14th, 2017, 15:23
Ah yes, Chariots. When that opened it was a statement that you can enjoy dirty sex in luxuriously appointed surroundings. I was there the night Diana died. Now that was a strange experience. Gay men stopped having sex to come and watch the news.

a447
September 14th, 2017, 15:31
It's true that these days there are more job opportunities. But what job pays so much for so little effort, compared to the average worker?

The apps are to blame. They still get the same amount and still don't really have to do much to earn it.

arsenal
September 14th, 2017, 16:16
Well it's their loss. By staying at home and waiting for the app to call them the boys are missing out on the opportunity to go and watch MickyP standing at the gate outside Goodboys counting Arabs. His preferred form of Sunee entertainment apparently.

Mickp
September 14th, 2017, 16:35
Ah yes, Chariots. When that opened it was a statement that you can enjoy dirty sex in luxuriously appointed surroundings. I was there the night Diana died. Now that was a strange experience. Gay men stopped having sex to come and watch the news.

You must be an old coont...stoopid? Ooooo ... toot toot

arsenal
September 14th, 2017, 20:01
:stop_mini:

BOY69
September 14th, 2017, 21:50
It's true that these days there are more job opportunities. But what job pays so much for so little effort, compared to the average worker?

The apps are to blame. They still get the same amount and still don't really have to do much to earn it.

The most attractive boys I met in my last trip at the LOS were through Grindr and Hornet .this boys work at regular jobs and hunting for falangs at the evenings,some of the boys work at go go bars but they don't really care if they will be off because they arranging appointments through the apps after they're finishing their shift in the bar.