PDA

View Full Version : Pedant

joe552
September 12th, 2017, 12:29
If a pedophile is attracted to young children - would a pedant be attracted to young words?

(Sorry I had to get that out of my head, and apologies for using the US spelling - I had to in order for it to work)

a447
September 12th, 2017, 15:22
Have you been drinking again, Joe?

joe552
September 13th, 2017, 04:05
What makes you think that, a447? I thought it was a reasonable question - of course, I have been TEFL trained, so that could be part of it. And a bottle of wine doesn't really count as drinking, does it?

frequent
September 13th, 2017, 13:13
What makes you think that, a447? I thought it was a reasonable question - of course, I have been TEFL trained, so that could be part of it. And a bottle of wine doesn't really count as drinking, does it?Only if your TEFL training was remarkably poor - http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pedo-

Nirish guy
September 16th, 2017, 01:41
Are you SURE you didn't mean TEFAL trained - as in how 101 ways to use a frying pan just more like !? :-)

latintopxxx
September 18th, 2017, 19:41
joe..u need to get out more often...

scottish-guy
September 19th, 2017, 14:10
Isn't TEFL obsolete these days?

I'm sure it has morphed/developed into another qualification altogether

joe552
September 20th, 2017, 00:40
I've no idea, SG. I was a failure as a TEFL teacher as I was in a heavy drinking phase. The school I worked in was badly run anyway - putting me in with students without me knowing what their lever of competency was. I once went to Thailand with the idea of becoming a TEFL teacher. Got an interview with a school in Bangkok. but decided I'd rather drink in Pattaya. Not one of my finest hours.

As a counter-balance, I visited Thailand once when I was sober. My old friend, who took me to Sisaket to meet his family, thought I was more fun when I was drinking. Sometimes, you just can't win

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 04:03
gee..u seem to fail at lotsa things...failing at being an english teacher (LOL poor kids...that irish accent) in Thailand would take some doing...the number of layabouts I've come across living in Thailand by "teaching" english are legendary...at least u freely admit that u r to blame what with the heavy drinking and all...for an irsihman that means u must have been connected via an IV drip to cheap polish vodka.

joe552
September 20th, 2017, 13:05
latintop, I don't understand what your beef with me is about. But I'm getting tired of it. For the record, I only drink red wine or beer. Never had Polish vodka, cheap or otherwise.

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 17:07
have no beef...im a valued board member just like u...and if u post something Im entitled...no obliged to respond....simple really

scottish-guy
September 20th, 2017, 18:05
...im a valued board member...

By whom?

bobsaigon2
September 20th, 2017, 18:45
Latin? Valued? Can't be serious. LMFAO.

joe552
September 20th, 2017, 19:11
Valued? Like I'd value a piece of dog shit on my shoe.

latintopxxx
September 20th, 2017, 19:39
dog shyte...now u r coming across like scotty...hes into that...intersting cross over thoiugh...the whole animal thing