View Full Version : deleted post

American Teacher-old
July 14th, 2006, 15:20
www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** Home Of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger! **

July 14th, 2006, 16:32
you know you should have announced this via LMTU....now you have to worry about the reviews of your first production.

TrongpaiExpat
July 14th, 2006, 17:20
Great idea Spanky, get Alfalfa to sing and Darla to dance a little number. Finding someone to play the role of Porkey will be a sinch, just pick at random from the chairs at Jomtiem.

Seriously, good luck. I will make a trip to Pattaya just to see your first performance.

July 14th, 2006, 17:43
Great idea Spanky, get Alfalfa to sing and Darla to dance a little number. Finding someone to play the role of Porkey will be a cinch, just pick at random from the chairs at Jomtiem.

Re: Our Gang Follies of 1938. Gee, I don't remember that one. Way before my time but I thought I saw all the re-runs on tv.
I think it might be fun to get some num involved. Maybe a production of Babes in Arms?...
With a whole sling-shot-beach-chair (Pork line) whale-tail chorus doing, My Forgotten Man. Too bad; dancing Old-bats\F.O.C.'s on zimmer frames has already been done.

I sincerely hope it's at a time I'll be there!

July 14th, 2006, 22:29
Don't you need work permits?

July 14th, 2006, 22:34
Yup, they sure do. But I'm sure they've already considered that...

sattahip-old
July 15th, 2006, 09:06
Try a wank.
What pretention!

July 15th, 2006, 11:42
Its good you will be seeking advice. Why not mention that first instead of throwing around insults?

July 15th, 2006, 12:50
Chris, I am not sure of the regulations relating to Thailand and but I am almost sure you will have little or no problem legally. Amateur Theatre groups are indeed that, amateur and performers receive no payment. Mostly those who participate do it for fun and costs are covered by sponsorship from local business or from funds raised within the group. Your lawyer will of course advise you but I am sure that instead of selling tickets, you take donations for charity (costs of production included with each donation received) then I am sure the authorities will be more than happy. Good luck to you and anyone who takes part in this venture.

July 16th, 2006, 14:11
[Christ, you guys -- (John & Thaquila you're the worst) -- just love to put down new ideas to enhance the gay community. What is your deal?

Have you considered where your acting pool is going to come from as this is going to be based in Pattaya? Women's parts, younger parts, children's parts... Or are you suggesting that ugly 45-year-old to near death white men play all of them? Sure, many of them would relish the idea of bouncing around in skirts and sequinned tops (and most of them like Pee-pee Wow-pow already do). Edith and Pearl can take on some of the older female roles, and yours truly is born to play the ingenue, but what about the other roles?

And what are you going to do with Hedda? She's bound to be a prima donna and will insist on top billing, her own trailer (we can loan her Edith's home), free meals at the best restaurants (that surely don't include Needy Crooks), etc.

Don't mean to burst your theatrical bubble but have you really thought this through, m'dear?

July 16th, 2006, 15:06
just love to put down ideas to enhance the gay community

"Gay Community"? I thought this was "community theater" as in "general community". Now it seems you have to show your pooftah card before you get an audition? Or is it simply assumed (correctly, probably) that only silly old queens are going to be interested in participating?

July 17th, 2006, 11:08
just love to put down ideas to enhance the gay community

"Gay Community"? I thought this was "community theater" as in "general community". Now it seems you have to show your pooftah card before you get an audition? Or is it simply assumed (correctly, probably) that only silly old queens are going to be interested in participating?

I would be interested (slightly or possibly not at all) to find out what you, Boygeenyus, have done lately apart from sit on this board and moan, whinge and throw stones at anyone who has an original thought in their head. Give it a rest!

July 17th, 2006, 23:15
...some of the older female roles,"

Certainly Edith ,who was kidnapped and brought up by Gypsies does a marvelously Miss Haversham . ..doesn't need make-up and brings her own cobwebs. ( just tell patrons to keep a firm grip on their handbags and wallets !)

I'm more than happy to do my 6 hour tribute to Rogers and Hammerstein ,beginning with State Fair, Oklahoma, Carousel, Sound of Music ...( I do every character ) finisihing with South Pacific and a fabulous version of "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair". This literally clears theaters as excited patrons rush for the exits obviously intent on purchasing an a CD of the original score, having been so inspired.

Wouldn't it be cute to involve a local Thai acting group of youngsters ?

PeterUK
July 17th, 2006, 23:34
I KNOW someone who was arrested and deported for gardening, in his OWN garden. Fact!

For mowing, or growing, grass? Or was something amiss in the cucumber patch?

July 18th, 2006, 21:14
I'm more than happy to do my 6 hour tribute to Rogers and Hammerstein, beginning with State Fair, Oklahoma, Carousel, Sound of Music ...( I do every character ) finisihing with South Pacific and a fabulous version of "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair". This literally clears theaters as excited patrons rush for the exits obviously intent on purchasing an a CD of the original score, having been so inspired.

Yes it does clear theaters--And long before the six-hour limit.
Within six-minutes they rush out like lemmings...as if someone shouted, "FIRE!"
And if you ever get the chance to perform that last number, darling, what will you use for hair? I suggest you stick with something you know about; Like: Bloody Mary.

Wouldn't it be cute to involve a local Thai acting group of youngsters ?
And what would you have them do? The King and I? Inn of the Sixth Happiness? Chin Chin Chow? A version of Oliver?...set in Bangkok...With you as, Mamasan, Fag-it?