PDA

View Full Version : Translation

joe552
September 8th, 2017, 21:36
I'm still in the fantasy stage of finding my old squeeze. I know his Thai name, in English (Roman) letters but don't read or write Thai. Are there any of you nice kind gentlemen who would translate it into Thai script, which I can then send to my friend in Pattaya, and see what he comes up with?

This guy (from Sisaket) is one of the 2 guys I've loved in my life - so I'd prefer serious replies (yeah, like that's going to happen).

I would hope someone could email a translation of his name, which I can send on.

Thanks.

cdnmatt
September 8th, 2017, 21:44
Drop me a PM, and Leo and myself will do our best.

Nirish guy
September 9th, 2017, 00:59
Yep a blind man and a Cambodian translating Thai - what could POSSIBLY go wrong :)

llz
September 9th, 2017, 03:22
Being neither blind nor Cambodian, I could try to help you

cdnmatt
September 9th, 2017, 04:26
Yep a blind man and a Cambodian translating Thai - what could POSSIBLY go wrong :)

He's from Laos, not Cambodia, and like most people in Laos, he's also fluent in Thai. Same as nearly everyone in Issan knows both, Thai and Laos / Issan.

I was also able to find Kim on Facebook in this manner. Granted, I could see back then, so I was capable of writing Thai on my own. I knew his name in English, and it took me about a full night of playing around with translations that I thought sounded right, but I did manage to find him. I even have him on Line now, and we talk every 2 or 3 weeks.

Granted, I can no longer write Thai anymore, so will need Leo's help with that. I do know Thai, but simply don't have the Thai keyboard layout memorized, same as the QWERTY layout.

Besides, where's your offer of help?

joe552
September 9th, 2017, 15:23
Thanks for the offers of help. I'll send a couple of PMs

cdnmatt
September 9th, 2017, 22:04
There you go Joe, and hope that in some way helps.

NIrish, you're a dick. Please don't do that. It's not nice.