PDA

View Full Version : Are the go-go bars not selling themselves short

thailuv
September 7th, 2017, 16:36
Why do the gay go-go bars not band together and form an "alliance" of sorts. They can then provide a "structured" tour for they farang sex tourists.

The aim would be to attract them from their countries of residence.

The alliance can serve a "one-stop shop" for sex tourists who have the specific intention of being sex tourists but find the whole process of dipping their toes in cumbersome (arranging visa, security)

Selling points
1. Strength in numbers
The farangs will get to meet other farangs on a "structured" tour therefore minimising security issues

2. The boys from the bars can also double as tour guides this opening up an alternative stream of revenue for the bars

3. The alliance can have a "loyalty program" that encourages the farangs to stick to alliance members/bars

4. When farangs procure "services" from the bar they will use their loyalty cards which have been pre-loaded with money points purchased from the alliance even before departure from home country.

5. When farangs book accommodation they will use their loyalty cards at hotels/B&b that are allied with the bars. Therefore tourist does not have to wonder if the hotel will frown on him bringing a moneyboy back for short time or long time or give "dirty"stares.

6. Economies of scale
The bars can band together and pay someone to be a "head of recruitment" for the alliance. This person's task will be to inflitrate overseas gay scenes and market the Thai go-go bar experience by emphasizing affordability Vs price charged in farangland, the security aspect since the entire tour will be structured by the alliance

Just some ideas since every now and again you hear of a bar closing due to poor economics.

arsenal
September 7th, 2017, 16:41
Impossible to see this simple scheme not succeeding.

Nirish guy
September 7th, 2017, 16:51
The very idea of having to travel with such a bunch of degenerates would be enough reason to stop such a religious, highly moral person such as myself from ever joining such a scheme .

arsenal
September 7th, 2017, 17:07
Imagine finding yourself in the middle seat on the 12 hour plane jpurney betwen any two members here. Where's the parachute?

bobsaigon2
September 7th, 2017, 17:09
NIrish, To placate your conscience, you could join a tour group composed entirely of clergymen. I've heard they are quite interested in younger looking bar boys.

thailuv
September 7th, 2017, 17:09
Hey these are businessmen if they put their minds to it, they could pull it off. Especially considering the alternative

Nirish guy
September 7th, 2017, 17:10
And I'm guessing you'd definitely be fining yourself calling for the stewardess and having to shout " I NEED TO MOVE AS THIS ONE'S TOUCHING ME AND THE OTHER IS TOUCHING HIMSELF !!!"

thailuv
September 7th, 2017, 17:17
It just seems to me that the bar businesses are too reliant on farangs who are already in Thailand and opposed to creating demand in farangland. The fact that people have to read blogs, forums before they feel sufficiently comfortable with dipping their toes in and arranging a trip shows that there is a need for a reliable, structured tour guide system that provides convenience. There is a way to advertise yourself without explicitly calling yourself a sex tourism agency

Nirish guy
September 8th, 2017, 00:33
Tell that to the guys who HAVE tried that in the past and got raided / shut down / prosecuted / fined / thrown out of Thailand for doing exactly that - and and to be fair to them they WOULD say clearly that they weren't even promoting sex tourism in the first place and it was only the presence of ordinary gay magazines and pictures lying about their office that got them brought before the courts - but even then they WERE still raided and shut down in a speedy fashion.

scottish-guy
September 8th, 2017, 00:37
Fucking idiotic suggestion

thailuv
September 8th, 2017, 01:15
Tell that to the guys who HAVE tried that in the past and got raided / shut down / prosecuted / fined / thrown out of Thailand for doing exactly that - and and to be fair to them they WOULD say clearly that they weren't even promoting sex tourism in the first place and it was only the presence of ordinary gay magazines and pictures lying about their office that got them brought before the courts - but even then they WERE still raided and shut down in a speedy fashion.

Oh well, you know best, I just get saddened when I hear about a bar closing and start wondering if it had to do with the owners lack of enterprise or just a reflection of a general decline in farangland disposable income.

thailuv
September 8th, 2017, 01:19
Fucking idiotic suggestion

You haven't changed one bit you scottish cunt. BTW I have been watching a lot of "Outlander" lately and become thoroughly besotted with just about anything Scottish. Can't wait for this year's season premiere now that Game of Thrones is done.

scottish-guy
September 8th, 2017, 13:03
You haven't changed one bit you scottish cunt..

Great - that's what I'm aiming for!

:D :drink:

DrewSpz
September 8th, 2017, 13:15
What closed ?

arsenal
September 8th, 2017, 16:38
Well you know the OP comes here with his oh so simple 37 point business proposal operated from halfway around the globe and Scotty just hurls abuse. I dunno what this place is coming to.

thailuv
September 8th, 2017, 16:52
Your name starts with arse for a reason I see

arsenal
September 8th, 2017, 17:03
Don't know what you mean. A business proposal involving about 15 bars in Thailand along with people on the ground in 6 or 7 different countries and bar boys acting as your guides and loyalty programs and various hotels and B & Bs and all sorts of other stuff. As I said. It's impossible to not see this succeeding.

pennyboy
September 8th, 2017, 17:08
Many years ago there was a UK travel company that although it did not advertise as a sex tourist company(non gay) it's clientele was predominately so inclined. One of the Screws of the World's intrepid reporters called them one day and inquired if they could guide him to the best sex clubs and bars when he arrived in Thailand. I am sure you can imagine how this was portrayed when printed. There were many repercussions in Thailand and the business had to rebrand. I believe it is no longer in business.

thailuv
September 8th, 2017, 17:49
Well you know the OP comes here with his oh so simple 37 point business proposal operated from halfway around the globe and Scotty just hurls abuse. I dunno what this place is coming to.

Many years ago there was a UK travel company that although it did not advertise as a sex tourist company(non gay) it's clientele was predominately so inclined. One of the Screws of the World's intrepid reporters called them one day and inquired if they could guide him to the best sex clubs and bars when he arrived in Thailand. I am sure you can imagine how this was portrayed when printed. There were many repercussions in Thailand and the business had to rebrand. I believe it is no longer in business.

Look I will concur it was not the best thought out idea but I'm no bar owner so cut me some slack

arsenal
September 8th, 2017, 17:58
Cutting slack? Here! You might as well ask the lions to leave the wildebeest alone.
😂

thailuv
September 8th, 2017, 18:43

Cutting slack? Here! You might as well ask the lions to leave the wildebeest alone.
😂

Lol I know how this forum rolls (or shall I say a few people in it ) so I'm not worked up much. I do miss Bucnaway & Bruce nyc or was it Nyc Bruce

Aah nostalgia....

christianpfc
September 8th, 2017, 22:40
Why do the gay go-go bars not band together and form an "alliance" of sorts. They can then provide a "structured" tour for they farang sex tourists.
There is already an alliance, or rather a cartel, whose sole purpose is to extract as much money as possible by providing as little service as possible.

The fact that people have to read blogs, forums before they feel sufficiently comfortable with dipping their toes in and arranging a trip shows that there is a need for a reliable, structured tour guide system that provides convenience. There is a way to advertise yourself without explicitly calling yourself a sex tourism agency
I have several gay friends in Thailand who are totally oblivious of the gay forums. One wouldn't dream of reading anything in advance.

I rarely take tours, I do most of my travel independently, alone and wouldn't like to have a schedule or packages of transport and hotel. Going on an organized tour to me is like going to a brothel (not that I would find anything wrong with that).

Nirish guy
September 9th, 2017, 00:55
There is already an alliance, or rather a cartel, whose sole purpose is to extract as much money as possible by providing as little service as possible

Yes, that's right, there is, is the called the Thai Nation ! :-)

arsenal
September 9th, 2017, 01:03
Extracting as much money as possible? Yes, absolutely. Just like the rest of the world. As little service as possible. Absolutely not. I've had exceptional service from the minute I got here in bars restaurants, taxi cabs hotels and from the boys.

Marsilius
September 9th, 2017, 01:24
I've encountered and talked to plenty of bar owners over the past 24 years of visits. Many have been patently poor businessmen who were, however, utterly oblivious to their personal failings in that respect. Another large group were retirees who are content to run at a loss / drink away their meagre profits for their few remaining years of life, becoming increasing embittered and cynical in what they'd assumed would be "paradise".

They've almost all struck me as egotists - perceiving themselves as big fish in what they fail to see is actually a pretty small pond - and pretty unlikely to sign up to any cooperative project.

thailuv
September 9th, 2017, 14:07
I've encountered and talked to plenty of bar owners over the past 24 years of visits. Many have been patently poor businessmen who were, however, utterly oblivious to their personal failings in that respect. Another large group were retirees who are content to run at a loss / drink away their meagre profits for their few remaining years of life, becoming increasing embittered and cynical in what they'd assumed would be "paradise".

They've almost all struck me as egotists - perceiving themselves as big fish in what they fail to see is actually a pretty small pond - and pretty unlikely to sign up to any cooperative project.

You are now reminding me of a certain Neil who was reviled across the board (pun not intended). The former owner of this forum and bar-owner (I forgot which bar) was clearly not perceptive of ANY of his shortcomings.

He did some good though before he passed by donating money from the photo contest he ran to charity. And boy did he milk that photo contest

scottish-guy
September 9th, 2017, 14:58
The fat cunt's bar was Happy Place.

There is also another connection to the FC in this thread - and that is in ChristianPFC's assertion that a cartel operates.

I recall that when Neal opened his bar (and before he threatened to have me sued/maimed/deported/killed) he claimed to me that he was approached by a delegation of representatives from a number of the existing BT businesses who attempted to tell him what prices he should be charging for drinks and other activities so as to avoid any significant price competition. I won't mention the names he mentioned as I can't substantiate his claims.

I will say though that 20 or more years ago I can see how a cartel could thrive in BT - especially as one shadowy figure from the UK owned much of the property (no idea if he is even still alive) and several of the businesses had UK owners/operators who could easily work together.

Nowadays though the businesses in BT seem so fragmented in terms of ownership and nationalities that I'm sceptical that they are organised enough to operate a cartel - but who knows for sure?

arsenal
September 9th, 2017, 20:04
I think no cartel exists. The prices vary wildly from bar to bar. On the subject of bar owners Michael and Thomas who ran The Corner Bar are both from and returned to, Houston. I hope they are both OK considering the horrors that that city is currently suffering. If anyone has any news I would appreciate it. Michael was practically a genius as a host and we shared a few wonderful trips together.

thailuv
September 9th, 2017, 22:14
The fat cunt's bar was Happy Place.

Aah yes, Happy Place, for him only apparently. I wonder if he had a "boyfriend" in Thailand.

christianpfc
September 9th, 2017, 22:48
Extracting as much money as possible? Yes, absolutely. Just like the rest of the world. As little service as possible. Absolutely not. I've had exceptional service from the minute I got here in bars restaurants, taxi cabs hotels and from the boys.
I was referring to Soi Twilight. But as the OP did not specify any particular bar area in Thailand, I should have specified.

As I have shown here http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/05/germany-and-thailand-inflation-and.html, drink prices in Soi Twiligh rise between 8 and 10 % per year, which far above inflation in Thailand.

frequent
September 10th, 2017, 11:24
Why do the gay go-go bars not band together and form an "alliance" of sorts.You're assuming that bar owners in Thailand are rational (economically) and that small business owners anywhere are profit-maximisers. Neither is true. Small business owners generally are square pegs in round holes in the world of employment. They simply don't fit in. Therefore they seek "self"-employment

Bar owners in Thailand own bars because it's the simplest way of staying in Thailand and having something "productive" to do. Everyone is an "expert" on how to run a bar just by virtue of having stepped inside one once or twice - all you need to do to confirm that is to read threads such as this one - so they buy themselves a bar ... and it's all downhill from there

thailuv
September 10th, 2017, 12:24
I'm getting a feeling some people have been rubbed the wrong way by bar owners too many times. Is this getting personal?

frequent
September 10th, 2017, 12:28
I'm getting a feeling some people have been rubbed the wrong way by bar owners too many times.I generally ignore them

thailuv
September 11th, 2017, 12:33
It's the mamasans who should have outstanding customer interaction skills. With changing trends perhaps fluency in both English and Mandarin will not be negotiable.

Aside from language, being able to "read" customers instead of pestering them for a tip you've hardly earned. A happy customer will tip well, not to mention return for second helpings.

frequent
September 11th, 2017, 12:51
It's the mamasans who should have outstanding customer interaction skills.Why, exactly? Pimping isn't exactly a skilled job, and almost all mamasans used to be gogo boys themselves but are now too old to get away with it

a447
September 11th, 2017, 14:19
Aside from language, being able to "read" customers instead of pestering them for a tip you've hardly earned. A happy customer will tip well, not to mention return for second helpings.

Expecting Asians to "read" farang is a bit optimistic. The reverse is also true.

As for the mamasans treating customers nicely so they can look forward to another visit from them, that presumes they have the ability to look ahead. From my experience they don't ; they live in the here and now and couldn't give a fuck about what happens tomorrow. Forward planning is not in their DNA.

gerefan2
September 11th, 2017, 23:47
almost all mamasans used to be gogo boys themselves but are now too old to get away with it

Are you telling me that the notorious/hideous mamasan from Wild West/360/Prisma (Leila) used to be a cute good looking sexy money boy???

thailuv
September 12th, 2017, 02:46
Are you telling me that the notorious/hideous mamasan from Wild West/360/Prisma (Leila) used to be a cute good looking sexy money boy???

You'd be surprised by what turns people on. Some dirty old farang out there has a fetish for getting down and dirty with an ugly East Asian MB.

That said perhaps the role of the mamasans needs to be redefined altogether. Can't have one just because everyone has one. After all it is a competitive environment. When you interact with a mamasan you should feel like you have an ally looking out for your best interests. Of course they want your money but shouldn't be so blatant about it.

FarangRuMak
September 12th, 2017, 06:14
I think no cartel exists. The prices vary wildly from bar to bar. On the subject of bar owners Michael and Thomas who ran The Corner Bar are both from and returned to, Houston. I hope they are both OK considering the horrors that that city is currently suffering. If anyone has any news I would appreciate it. Michael was practically a genius as a host and we shared a few wonderful trips together.
Michael and Thomas didn't "run the bar" they got 2 ladyboys to run the bar......
Now they're back home in Houston.
But they were thorough gentlemen and I do hope they're ok.
I would love to meet them again in Pattaya.

frequent
September 12th, 2017, 14:07
Some dirty old farang out there has a fetish for getting down and dirty with an ugly East Asian MB.Are you sure you're being quite fair to arsenal? On his own admission all the cute gay East Asian MBs run as fast as they can in the opposite direction when they see him approaching

arsenal
September 12th, 2017, 14:50
Not true. Turn down about one or two a week. Had a beauty yesterday. All free. Believe me, don't believe me. Not caring either way. Japanese boys coming to a beloved SGT poster meet you soon.

scottish-guy
September 12th, 2017, 15:43
...On his own admission all the cute gay East Asian MBs run as fast as they can in the opposite direction when they see him approaching

At least that would be more believable than the claims of another, long-time absentee SGT member who consistently boasted that the moment he entered Sunee Plaza the boys were immediately jumping off bar stools and running out of their bars to greet him, grope him, and worship his magnificent Cock.

A prize of a night of passion and sexual experimentation with Leila to the first member to correctly identify the fantasist referred to

thailuv
September 12th, 2017, 17:47
At least that would be more believable than the claims of another, long-time absentee SGT member who consistently boasted that the moment he entered Sunee Plaza the boys were immediately jumping off bar stools and running out of their bars to greet him, grope him, and worship his magnificent Cock.

A prize of a night of passion and sexual experimentation with Leila to the first member to correctly identify the fantasist referred to

How could I forget that legendary poster. I used to enjoy reading his posts, even if I knew I was being taken for a ride. He'll be back soon just recharging his fiction batteries. Better to have lots of fiction than 1 post a day. He is/was in good shape at the time he told that story, so it didn't seem VERY far fetched