PDA

View Full Version : Silver lake Wine and Grill.

arsenal
September 7th, 2017, 12:41
Having passed this nicely appointed establishment numerous times I thought I would have lunch there today. The decor is pure trattoria with bare brick walls and dark wood gunniture. Set in the faux Italian village being built (It's huge, they'll never finish it) and overlooking a lake and the waterpark it's a very nice place to while away a few hours.

Fresh and warm bread is served with two dips. A tomato and a garlic as well as the obligatory olive oil and balsamic already on the table. I had the lasagne. Lasagne is generous or it's nothing. This one was. Topped with loads of soft, melted Gruyere cheese and plenty of meat in the Bolognaise sauce. The pasta was firm enough and the sauce good although a slosh more garlic and tomato paste would have given a stronger flavour kick. It was good but the one at Deli Diner remains the best lasagne in Pattaya. With a sprite and a latte (no biscotti) I paid 550 baht including service so one is paying a bit of a premium for the location. Service was as pleasant and friendly as one would expect.

Nirish guy
September 7th, 2017, 15:02
Aye but what were the chips like ?

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2017, 15:15
Who cares what the chips are like when you're looking at the "gunniture"

FarangRuMak
September 7th, 2017, 15:36
Aye but what were the chips like ?
When you order 'Chips'in America they come with Crisps.
Yet they can routinely go to the moon and back.

joe552
September 7th, 2017, 15:47
Ah the American use of English leaves a lot to be desired. Didn't take this long for the Irish to adopt it correctly.

Arsenal, I've no idea where this restaurant is. Can you give me a clue? Thanks

arsenal
September 7th, 2017, 16:35
A clue Joe! OK.
It's located within the eye of the golden mountain god. Thats a clue.

😀😁😂😃😄

francois
September 8th, 2017, 09:14
Joe, you can google its location. Not too far from Pattaya.

Smiles
September 8th, 2017, 10:02
The restaurant at Silver Lake is indeed a very good one. Never had a poor meal there. I've been many times over the years . . . . the view is quite lovely, and it's generally an excellent place to sit by the big picture windows with a bottle of wine and friends.
The tiramisu unfortunately is only a 5/10. That one annoyance needs to be fixed up, pronto.

arsenal
September 8th, 2017, 12:12
I agree with Smiles regarding the location. However if you had two courses, a glass of wine and coffee then the bill will be around 1000 baht or more which is quite steep for food of that level.

arsenal
September 8th, 2017, 16:55
If one is looking to enjoy somewhere a little more genteel for a meal then Siam Country Club (Plantation) is hard to beat. Park the bike/car and a golf buggy whisks you up to the beautiful clubhouse. There you can enjoy a wide range of both western and Thai dishes. The service is wonderful and the views are of mountains, the sea and the glistening towers of Jomtien and Naklua. I had the chefs salad. Salami, smoked chicken, ham, cheese, boiled egg cherry tomatoes and mixed leaves. Served with a warm roll and a choice of dressings. This is a classy place so those who know theu dont do well in polite company should probably avoid this place. With an apple juice and a latte the bill was 473 baht including service. Recommended.

scottish-guy
September 8th, 2017, 22:30
You're turning into Mr Creosote

arsenal
September 9th, 2017, 03:38
The price I pay to bring you high quality restaurant reviews.

FarangRuMak
September 11th, 2017, 01:33
Ah the American use of English leaves a lot to be desired. Didn't take this long for the Irish to adopt it correctly.

Arsenal, I've no idea where this restaurant is. Can you give me a clue? Thanks

But Mr Joe, the utube video of the two gallant lads from Cork, Ireland who won Silver in the Olympics Sailing competition went viral but with sub-titles in most cases.

scottish-guy
September 11th, 2017, 14:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhGbpatmplQ