View Full Version : The Glasshouse. High season prices but low season food.

arsenal
September 5th, 2017, 08:23
As this forum's number one restaurant critic it pains me to write reviews of lousy restaurant food but sadly I must. Lunch at The Glasshouse yesterday was a rather sad state of affairs. The crispy squid consisted of tasteless pieces of squid in a thick overcooked batter. Served in a bowl with a few cashews and inedible green leaves it was a tragedy of a dish. The shrimp and pomelo salad managed to be worse.. The pomelo was fine and mixed with plenty of chilli and crisped rice. However. The three miserable shrimp were devoid of flavour and had a flaccid wooly texture. Perhaps they died of melancholy. Grim. The steamed rice was fine. For the food. a pineapple smoothie and a latte I paid 625 baht. Service was as wonderful as it always is and when I asked for something to dip the squid in (a sort of culinary mouth to mouth resuscitation) they quickly provided soy and chilli sauces and wedges of lime. Regardless of the disappointing food I still had a lovely time and will go there again because it's still Pattaya's most beautiful restaurant. The Glasshouse is located on the beach about 1km south of Jomtien Beach.

FarangRuMak
September 5th, 2017, 09:27
Is it on Jomtien beach road between the Police Station at Chyapuak and where the road turns inland at the open air seafood restaurant?

bobsaigon2
September 5th, 2017, 10:19
https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Glass+House+Beachfront+Restaurant+and+Bar/@12.8488668,100.9022084,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x626628a6533528d5!8m2!3d12.84 88668!4d100.9022084

arsenal
September 5th, 2017, 10:51
And after a sumptuous dinner in Bang Saray why not hop on the motorbike and take coffee and dessert there on the way back to Pattaya.

latintopxxx
September 5th, 2017, 11:14
i really dont understand u Aresetroll.....u go to a restaurant...the food was world class shyte...but because its the " place to be seen in" u will willingly go back...?!?!..at least Im not that desperate to climb whatever social ladder u r trying to .....LOL...barf...
However in saying this..i do appreciate a nice ambiance..but not at the cost of what u describe as an inedible meal.

scottish-guy
September 5th, 2017, 15:05
...at least Im not that desperate to climb whatever social ladder u r trying to ....

You climbing the social ladder?

Don't kid yourself - no matter how much you polish a turd, people can still smell it.

:D

arsenal
September 5th, 2017, 16:30
Latin. It's a well known fact that the food is but one reason why people go to a restaurant and the food is usually very good. Let me know when you've been there and then we can discuss this properly. At night the place hums with hundreds of people enjoying themselves. So maybe it's not for you.

latintopxxx
September 5th, 2017, 16:42
...so if the food is usually good why didn't u point that out in your original report instead of trashing the place..u probably cant even boil an egg...but fancy yourself as some sort of foodie...

arsenal
September 5th, 2017, 18:21
My back catalogue is there for all to peruse Rabbi.

3 minutes for a.soft boiled egg. Always start with cold water. And I'm sure you do but you really shouldn't keep eggs in the fridge.

latintopxxx
September 5th, 2017, 18:57
peruse...LOL...airs & graces...more like pearls before swine..what a joke..

arsenal
September 5th, 2017, 19:03
Aaahh. Poor Latin's avin' s moody. Diddums.

latintopxxx
September 6th, 2017, 02:33
...and scotty...a turd.....really??? is your fetish rearing its head again?

Nirish guy
September 6th, 2017, 02:38
3 minutes for a.soft boiled egg. Always start with cold water. And I'm sure you do but you really shouldn't keep eggs in the fridge.

......As NIrish guy makes a quiet note to himself to remember to go downstairs and remove the eggs from the fridge when he's passing it ! Although to be fair they've been in there for years now and I haven't died yet so........ sad to think "someday" I'm not going to be able to say that mind !

That Bloody Edwina Currie one has a lot to answer form as as if it wasn't bad enough her turning our stomachs by shagging Joh Major she now has to go and worry us about dying from bloody semolina poisoning - and again I've been eating the stuff since I was a boy and that hasn't killed me yet either ! Obviously the woman hasn't a CLUE what she's talking about ! :-)

gerefan2
September 6th, 2017, 04:27
IMHO a far better place to go is The Sky Gallery.
https://www.theskygallerypattaya.com/

Yraen
September 6th, 2017, 05:35
........... and worry us about dying from bloody semolina poisoning -

And what colour did your poisoning give to you? Just so we can be sure you colour-match your clothing.

Nirish guy
September 6th, 2017, 06:20
I guess that would probably have to be toilet bowl white !

frequentfliers
September 6th, 2017, 08:13
We have always enjoyed our visits there,never a problem with the food.Each to his own.

arsenal
September 6th, 2017, 10:12
It's a place of joy with lots of laughter amongst both the staff and customers. I can see why Latin doesn't want to go there. His social skills aren't up to scratch. He even admitted missing a works function because he's so embarrassed by his inability to mingle at that level.

latintopxxx
September 6th, 2017, 14:56
...no I purposefully miss fancy wancy hiso roof top functions...because they bore the fucking crap outa me...whilst Im sipping my bht1500 glass of wine making forced convo with some bland bald expat... Im thinking i'd rather be having (sorry...fucking) my massage bitch...
...and the primary reason for going to a restaurant is to enjoy the cuisine....if the food is as shyte as u described it then you would have to pay me and supply me with a free bubbled butted boypussy gogo to even set foot in the place again....obviously u r so starved for attention that any...simply any attention will do...

latintopxxx
September 6th, 2017, 14:57
...and u gotta get rid of the union jack...u no longer do it justice...even scat boy makes more sense..

a447
September 6th, 2017, 15:13
cuisine...LOL...airs & graces...more like pearls before swine..what a joke..

You said it. What a joke.

latintopxxx
September 6th, 2017, 15:17
..oh geez...now a447 loves me...i need a drink badly...

arsenal
September 6th, 2017, 15:54
Erm. Read it again Latin. I don't think a447 was agreeing with you.

Anyway, re. your post explaining your inability to converse properly with normal people. Dress it up how you like. You feel uncomfortable in society. My sympathies as life can't be easy. Carry.on. What else you got?

frequent
September 6th, 2017, 16:49
..oh geez...now a447 loves me...i need a drink badly...Just remember, a447 is a yappy soi dog, and you should treat him the way the Thais treat their soi dogs when they get in the way - kick him hard

a447
September 6th, 2017, 18:17
You wouldn't see any soi dogs in South Brisbane.

You must be imagining things.

Again.

Lol

FarangRuMak
September 7th, 2017, 08:05
My back catalogue is there for all to peruse Rabbi.

I'm reluctant to get between 2 gentlemen when matters of grave import are being discussed.
But the timing of a soft boiled egg is too serious an issue to ignore.
The 3 minute countdown starts as soon as the water starts to boil not, as might be implied from your post, from the moment you start heating up the cold water.

arsenal
September 7th, 2017, 08:36
FarangRuMak. That is correct. I thought that was obvious, even for Latin. 😀

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2017, 11:02
...The 3 minute countdown starts as soon as the water starts to boil not, as might be implied from your post, from the moment you start heating up the cold water.

Thank you for that essential clarification FRM.

Having done the Wombat out of his SGT restaurant critic job, Arsenal is clearly too busy stuffing his face for free at various establishments to get his facts right.

arsenal
September 7th, 2017, 12:12
Fuck off Scottish. No facts were incorrect. As it happens I am currently stuffing my face as I write this. 😎

scottish-guy
September 7th, 2017, 13:23
Meanwhile the poor old Wombat is wasting away to a shreddle as you're eating all the free grub that was previously his!

"Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies? *You* fat bastard, *You* fat bastard - *You* ate all the pies"

:D