PDA

View Full Version : seasons

July 13th, 2006, 22:11
Can anyone tell me if its still low season for hotel prices in October / November. I know its low season now but the Airfares are fairly high from the UK at the moment and thought i would check out the period as above.

July 13th, 2006, 22:23
Most hotel rates shift into high season on Nov. 1

July 14th, 2006, 03:03
The air fares have certainly shot up - I`m hoping Thai or Eva will have a heathrow special soon!

July 14th, 2006, 03:56
So what are they charging for November or there abouts from the UK?

July 14th, 2006, 05:00
The price of fuel will keep air fares high - until they run out of passengers willing to pay the higher prices

July 14th, 2006, 05:10
Do not expect any cheap fares on EVA or THAI in the near future. Both have negative earnings this year due to high fuel costs. Your cheapest flights will be on the likes of Emerates, Korean or China Airlines. The airfare on THai from LA to BKK in December is exactly what I just paid in June (low season). In general, the days of those super low rates to Thailand are probably over as long as gas prices stay up.

My first non-stop flight on Thai from LA to BKK was so nice.. I will never go back to switching planes in Taipei with the 3 hour layover. No matter what the cost!

July 14th, 2006, 13:19
Do not expect any cheap fares on EVA or THAI in the near future. Both have negative earnings this year due to high fuel costs. Your cheapest flights will be on the likes of Emerates, Korean or China Airlines. The airfare on THai from LA to BKK in December is exactly what I just paid in June (low season). In general, the days of those super low rates to Thailand are probably over as long as gas prices stay up.

My first non-stop flight on Thai from LA to BKK was so nice.. I will never go back to switching planes in Taipei with the 3 hour layover. No matter what the cost!

Lawd I hated that flight, after a delayed flight from SF to LA, the plane then taxied at LA aiport trying to find a gate to dock with for over an hour. Then there was the flight to Taipei, arriving at around 5.00am, with nothing open and nothing to do.

I do hope that someone, somewhere will offer reduced flights to the UK soon and if anyone hears of such deals please let me know.

Oh, and talking of seasons, is the rainy season over now? Haven't had a good downpour in days.

July 14th, 2006, 14:04
Oh, and talking of seasons, is the rainy season over now? Haven't had a good downpour in days.I'll have a word with god and see what She can do

July 14th, 2006, 14:07
Oh, and talking of seasons, is the rainy season over now? Haven't had a good downpour in days.I'll have a word with god and see what She can do

Glad to know you and Hedda are still on speaking terms.

Dboy
July 15th, 2006, 01:11
Might want to check out http://www.farecast.com/ . They attempt to predict cheaper flight dates.

Dboy

July 15th, 2006, 02:24
Im flying from heathrow to bkk in late oct on emirates and the return fare is ┬г518 from travelbag, booking online

July 16th, 2006, 00:53
Im flying from heathrow to bkk in late oct on emirates and the return fare is ┬г518 from travelbag, booking online

have you booked yet? If you go to Flight centre in Victoria street or another office they guarantee to beat any price.