PDA

View Full Version : Renewing and Old Query: Jomtien Accommodations

nynakedtop
July 21st, 2017, 04:42
I have done key word searches and have found some helpful information, but much of it is from a few years back... thus, I am staring a new thread here in view of my next Pattaya trip in August (2017).

I have been a loyal customer of Tui's Place for many years but for some reason I cannot use their on-line booking system and they do not answer my direct inquiries.... (I am still in the USA and this is for mid-August)

So maybe it's time to "move on"!

Could anyone recommend a place to stay in the Jomtien area? My needs are simple - perhaps - something nice-ish, but not TOO noisy....

Really appreciate it....

DrewSpz
July 21st, 2017, 04:51
How long would you say the walk is from Tui's to the Jomtien Complex?

I stayed at the Agate Hotel my last trip and it was great! Top notch. Breakfast was shit but the room was brand new. Think they just built it. And it's right at Jomtien complex but it's very very quiet

Moses
July 21st, 2017, 05:55

Google map shows 750 meters from Tui's to Complex. So it normally takes 8 min if you will not take a stop in 7-11 or Bamboo bar :)

By the way: they are almost full booked for August. Try to call them.

Mickp
July 21st, 2017, 06:16

I stayed at the Agate Hotel my last trip and it was great! Top notch. Breakfast was shit but the room was brand new. Think they just built it. And it's right at Jomtien complex but it's very very quiet

Im also looking for a hotel around Jomtien Complex , I prefer somewhere they have a fitness or small gym though even though it maybe too late for me !:eek:

There is another hotel next to the Thai blind massage, Zing Resort and Spa ( not to be confused with the Hotel Zing)
This hotel seems to have a small gym out the front last time I walked past.
http://www.hotelzing.net/jomtien/

OP if your looking for a no fuss guesthouse 700 baht a night you can try the old Two Faces which is now Cocka2 Bar and guesthouse situated in the heart of the Jomtien Complex.
1 bedroom apartment with kitchenette and poster bed 700 baht
They have a facebook page , lovely Aussie guy owner, only its stairway challenged .

Of course theres also The Agate relatively new , I guess gay friendly ? http://www.theagatepattaya.com

And who can go past The Venue http://thevenuejomtien.business.site

Poisendon Hotel http://poseidon-pattaya.com

Of couse who can go past the http://www.baansouy.com
But maybe too far a walk from Jomtien beach

paperboy
July 21st, 2017, 06:50
iam just back from there, stayed in zing
was perfect
cheep
and location was perfect.
not doing a trip report, dont want to be slaged off and thought of as a troll
but look on booking.com

Mickp
July 21st, 2017, 06:57
was perfect
cheep
but look on booking.com

Your not a troll Darl, those that call you a troll are the trolls and why do you care about them.
They can bite our bums !

I wish you would reconsider writing your trip report Paperboy.
I love you Darl :heart:

Omega
July 21st, 2017, 14:16
was perfect
cheep
but look on booking.com

Zing hotel... or the zing resort and spa?

paperboy
July 21st, 2017, 17:36
yes sorry
the zing resort and spa
had a lovely room looking over the pool

Daveuk
July 21st, 2017, 21:14
Hi Paperboy
Regarding the Zing Resort, I have heard reports of Noisy Russians staying there.was that the case when you were there ?. Other guests family or gay ? I prefer the latter.
In February I stayed at the Posiedon. That was fine but rather more expensive than Zing.

Moses
July 22nd, 2017, 00:06
Both "ZingS' are just normal hotels in comparing with formerly Gaynimede. Gaynimede's formerly gay sauna is now Zing's spa and you may meet there women in sauna (I met when had visit there). Also I checked their pool and found there many families with children (noisy children). 2015, April.

Mickp
July 22nd, 2017, 02:37
I gather out of those Jomtien Complex Hotels only 2 are truly Gay oriented that is The Venue and The Poisendon.

I see The Poisendon are offering a 14 night special 27,800 baht including free breakfast, free laundry and 4,000 baht voucher for their Restaurant on site and a bottoe if Australian Wine.

They apparently also have a xwimming pool and Spa on site

scottish-guy
July 22nd, 2017, 03:08
Given that a Superior room (which is what the "deal" is based on) is advertised on the Poseidon website at 1600B a night ( a total of 22,400B for 14 nights)....make your own judgement.

The "Poisendon" might be a different matter of course

:D

Mickp
July 22nd, 2017, 04:10
Well your right Scottish ! No wonder you still have your first dollar .

If its 22,400 but normally we can add the 4,000 baht dinner voucher on , then the Laundry and then the bottle of Australian Siraz , dont ask me how much thats worth then it comes to just over 28,000 anyway !!:rolleyes:

You Scottie are a fucking genius Darling and thats why I love you !:kiss:

nynakedtop
July 22nd, 2017, 04:39
Just an FYI to all interested...

Several days after my issues with Tui's website and unanswered emails, I received today some extremely apologetic and helpful emails - as I have always enjoyed my stay at Tui's I will return there and share my experience with my fellow board-persons, as I understand the status of Tui's has been the subject of some discussion.

Thanks, again, to everyone!

whitemouse
July 22nd, 2017, 04:40
4000 baht voucher for restaurant lol.

MikeP, if you were slightly more classy, you wouldn't have to stay at Poseidon, instead I'd invite you to stay at my place at Beach Rd soi 13, it even has balcony where you can see ocean (you can see little bit if you step on very edge of balcony). Beach is less than 1 minute walk, Starbucks too.

Poseidon is 27.000 baht for 14 nights, huh? I pay 6000 baht a month, no vouchers.

Mickp
July 22nd, 2017, 04:56
4000 baht voucher for restaurant lol.

MikeP, if you were slightly more classy, you wouldn't have to stay at Poseidon, instead I'd invite you to stay at my place at Beach Rd soi 13, it even has balcony where you can see ocean (you can see little bit if you step on very edge of balcony). Beach is less than 1 minute walk, Starbucks too.

Poseidon is 27.000 baht for 14 nights, huh? I pay 6000 baht a month, no vouchers.

Thanks for the offer Darl, but with the amount of cock I bounce up and down on ,the hotel usually has to buy another spring mattress before the months up !

So I only stay with those 5 star Hotels nowadays unless im travelling.

paperboy
July 22nd, 2017, 06:52
when i stayed in the zing resort and spa last month June.
there were a few gay couples round the pool and a lovely chineese boy with his gf.
no kids
no russians
very very very gay friendly
will defo stay there again, esp at the price i got, from booking.com

Daveuk
July 23rd, 2017, 01:01
I stayed at the Posiedon earlier this year. There did not seem to be any women or families staying there and most other guests went to their rooms with a boy as I did.
They had a tiny indoor swimming pool with water circulating so swimming could be done against the current.
I'm going to stay at the Agate during my next trip and probably transfer to the Ambiance later.

paperboy
July 23rd, 2017, 07:24
Daveuk
when i was in the zing, the Agate was next door, and on a few times, i seen busses of screaming chineese turning up
it was good valeu for money
but busses of screaming chineese, no no no

DrewSpz
July 23rd, 2017, 20:32
I stayed at Agate in March this year and it was empty! A couple Russians, a few western couples, and one old dude (I was there as a single 31 y/o) with a young Thai boy. Hehehe. It was great. I'm going in late August and will try TUIs if I can get in

Daveuk
July 24th, 2017, 00:51
This business of booking hotels in Pattaya really is a bit tricky. I like most want to stay at a gay oriented hotel where I can bring my "boyfriends du jour" without problems. I want to avoid females and noisy Russians/Chinese. Of course a comfortable room is important and a pool is an advantage.
Probably the best plan in low season is to not book at all but to just walk into a likely hotel and assess the situation.
Last time I stayed in the Complex which was better than Boystown (Ambiance)as far as late night noise was concerned.

Mickp
July 24th, 2017, 03:29
I was looking at TUI'S on the beach , it has been there a long time !

But looking at their rates (start about 2100 a night) and their reviews on Tripadvisor I decided it doesnt seem worth it .

nynakedtop
July 24th, 2017, 04:50
I was looking at TUI'S on the beach , it has been there a long time !

But looking at their rates (start about 2100 a night) and their reviews on Tripadvisor I decided it doesnt seem worth it .

In defense of Tui's...

I started this thread seeking an alternative to Tui's because of difficulty in securing a reservation... But I have finally heard back from them, and have been offered at room at a very reasonable price.

I have stayed there about 5 times over the past 10 or so years and have always loved it there - it definitely is a guest house - small, with an informal casual feel.... but the fact that it is footsteps to the beach chairs is the absolute winning factor for me.

just saying, hehe

Mickp
July 24th, 2017, 08:15
Thats Great Hon, but what do I get for an average 2,000 baht a night?

...according to Trip Advisor the 6 rooms they have there are outdated and theres nothing that warrants paying that , but if you and others want to pay that I guess its up to you.
Whats so good about Tui's ? Close to the beach perhaps ? Perhaps a seaview ?

I notice breakfast is not even included in that rate , no too expensive for this old girl sweetheart.
For that price I could be receiving a massage from Madame Jim at his Baan Souy Resort further up the road.

But Tui's have been around 20 years so they certainly have been doing something right !

Just not my cup of tea but I would love to hear some reviews on Tui's.

http://tuisplace.com

gerefan2
July 24th, 2017, 10:04
when i stayed in the zing resort and spa last month June.
there were a few gay couples round the pool and a lovely chineese boy with his gf.
no kids
no russians
very very very gay friendly
will defo stay there again, esp at the price i got, from booking.com

You wont see Russians in June, July or August. Nice and warm in Moscow.
Watch out December to March though!

Moses
July 24th, 2017, 14:56
You wont see Russians in June, July or August. Nice and warm in Moscow.
Watch out December to March though!

And most important: it is season in more cheap (for Russians) Turkey (5-6 mln per season) , Montenegro (0.5 mln), Bulgaria (0,7 mln per season), own Russian Sochi (7 mln per season) and political "famous" Crimea (6-7 mln) .

lonelywombat
July 24th, 2017, 18:27
And most important: it is season in more cheap (for Russians) Turkey (5-6 mln per season) , Montenegro (0.5 mln), Bulgaria (0,7 mln per season), own Russian Sochi (7 mln per season) and political "famous" Crimea (6-7 mln) .

I really cannot understand this post by Moses

whitemouse
July 24th, 2017, 18:53
I think he says from April to Oct,europeans travel to Turkey, Bulgaria, Croatia and so on, and not Thailand. Flights are cheaper, locals are nicer. 1 week package holiday in Alnya, Antalya in Turkey are 300 euros. Flight to Thailand is at least 600. And then there's the temperature, I don't wish to be in Bangkok in July.
Things change from Oct, it's cold everywhere, even Morocco is cold in Dec. JAN, Feb. So Thailand is the only option. There are Canary Islands, but so boring.
But many, many Russians are from far east, Siberia, flights to Thailand are cheap for them, unfortunately.

whitemouse
July 24th, 2017, 19:01
MickP, Tui's is really the best 2000 baht you can spend on Jomtien and Pattaya. Wake up to ocean, it's actually cheap. Rooms are nice enough, and you'd be on the beach all day anyway, and going out at night. Room Club next to Tui's was about twice the cost of Tui, much nicer too, from coffee shop to rooms, but 4000 per night is a bit stiff to me.
Food at Tui's also good, and acceptably coffee.
Aren't they digging up the beach tho? Something about walkway becoming road open to traffic, that would ruin Dongtan beach.

Jimmy's hotel is in the middle of nowhere, regardless of cost wouldn't stay there.

Mickp
July 24th, 2017, 19:08
Yes thankuou Whitemouse, In sure Tui's is great , just im not a beach bunny.

Moses
July 24th, 2017, 19:11
Thx for "translation" whitemouse :) It is correct. I mean: May-October is season for "European seas" - first of all - Black sea. 2-3 hours of flight are better than 9 hours.

Yeah, sometimes I'm too lazy to use Google-translate :)

whitemouse
July 24th, 2017, 19:19
Then no reason to stay at Tuis, MickP. It's a beach hotel, not just near beach, it's on the beach.

If going out at night is your main thing, stay in Pattaya, not Jomtien. The baht buses between Pattaya and Jomtien will drive you crazy during very high season late Dec to early Jan. Until Dec it is not difficult, but it annoying, then there's the issue of baht buses after midnight, there is no usual 10 baht rides, you gonna pay around 100 for moto guy, and late at night half the drivers are drunk.
If beach isn't your thing, forget Jomtien.

scottish-guy
July 24th, 2017, 19:27
...for an average 2,000 baht ... I could be receiving a massage from Madame Jim at his Baan Souy Resort...

What a disturbing picture you have painted - I may never sleep again.

However, I'm sure we are all anxious to know if Jimmy includes a happy ending with those 2000B massages he's apparently providing you with ?

Mickp
July 24th, 2017, 19:33
No dear doubt the extras are free with him being Scottish

scottish-guy
July 24th, 2017, 21:56
On the contrary, I rather expect they'd have to be free.

Sweetcheeks.

DrewSpz
July 27th, 2017, 05:07
Anyone know if there's someone at TUIs 24 hours? I land at 11:30pm and will be coming from BKK and want to know if I can check in late?

nynakedtop
July 27th, 2017, 05:35
Anyone know if there's someone at TUIs 24 hours? I land at 11:30pm and will be coming from BKK and want to know if I can check in late?

As I remember it, "after hours" Tui's is somewhat staffed by a bleary-eyed security person... only.

But having said that, as they are always happy to take good care of their guests I am fairly certain that if you make prior inquiry and arrangements they will find some way to make your arrival possible... (with perhaps a more formal check-in the following morning...)

Mind you - I am just a frequent guest so I speak with absolutely no authority, hehe!