PDA

View Full Version : Mosaik

goji
July 19th, 2017, 00:48
Have any OTHER members stayed @ Mosaik recently ? Obviously we have the comments below, which do not need to be repeated. However, additional independent reviews from members are always welcome.

As for the Mosaik omg noisy noisy noisy. Slamming doors ,ladyboy screeching ...the Mosaik is Middle Eastern challenged at most times.

newalaan2
July 19th, 2017, 01:39
Have any OTHER members stayed @ Mosaik recently ? Obviously we have the comments below, which do not need to be repeated. However, additional independent reviews from members are always welcome.

Yes I have, briefly mentioned post #35 in "current trip report".

But anything you specifically wish to know about Mosaik? I stay there 3 times a year 10-12 days at a time.

goji
July 19th, 2017, 03:47
Yes I have, briefly mentioned post #35 in "current trip report".
But anything you specifically wish to know about Mosaik? I stay there 3 times a year 10-12 days at a time.

Thank you for offering to advise.

1 Did you have any problems with noise during your stay ? I like to be asleep between midnight and 1:00 am.
2 Is any particular part of the complex better for noise ?
3 I've read about firm mattresses previously. Is that the case ? Do they have any softer mattresses or toppers available upon request ? I've always found Thai mattresses to be on the firm side.
4 Any other points to watch out for ?

DrewSpz
July 19th, 2017, 04:19
I'm thinking about staying there soon too... wondering if it's walking distance to sunee or boyztown, and how far walk from each?

goji
July 19th, 2017, 05:21
Definitely. About 5 minutes from Sunnee & 10 minutes from Boyztown. [Whilst I've not yet stayed at Mosaik, I have stayed in area]

newalaan2
July 19th, 2017, 05:33
Thank you for offering to advise.

1 Did you have any problems with noise during your stay ? I like to be asleep between midnight and 1:00 am.
2 Is any particular part of the complex better for noise ?
3 I've read about firm mattresses previously. Is that the case ? Do they have any softer mattresses or toppers available upon request ? I've always found Thai mattresses to be on the firm side.
4 Any other points to watch out for ?

Quest 1 is difficult to answer because it's just your luck in any hotel/apartment who happens to be in the rooms around you. Personally noise has never been a problem for me at Mosaik. But it is Pattaya, and it is a party city which closes between 3am -6am.

Quest 2. Again difficult to answer. The main building units A, B and C are on the 2nd Day/Night soi along from TukCom and tends to be very quiet late at night. I think likewise for block E further down the soi. There is a plusher, quieter block F which faces onto Soi 1 Day/Night opposite the hotel there. The rooms are huge in block F and beautifully furnished but the problem isn't getting to sleep at 12/1am. It is being wakened 5-6-7am by the huge tour buses parking in front of the hotel and the security guys who park them and blow whistles for ages at a time.....

Quest 3. There are 3 levels of rooms. Standard (basic) Deluxe (nice furnishings but medium size)and Prestige much bigger rooms and more comfortable. The room I usually book is a Prestige which come with new beds (2-3 year)and comfortable mattresses, I think some may even have built on topper. But I don't know if these beds are installed in all rooms. So you really need to ask these same questions when contacting them about dates/costs.

Quest 4. I don't know your budget or how long you are planning to stay but would avoid Block E, which have the standard rooms which are quite basic. Block A, B or C would be best. Then you have room size. Studio or 1 bed. We prefer the Prestige Studios because they are big rooms, but 1 beds deluxe are rooms very spacious. Can expect leather sofa, 2 leather easy chairs, dining table/chairs, coffee table, TV/Tv unit with DVD, wardrobe, room safe, kitchen area and shower room/toilet. I think you can get nightly rate with daily room cleaning/towels cahnge just like a hotel, but I've never done that at Mosaik, as always stay here 10-12 nights and just take a weekly rate plus electric/water charges and cleaning extra as required as you would do with an apartment rather than hotel room.

Blocks A/B/C and F have lifts. Block E does not. Also there is no reception at each block, only at the main office which closes at about 6pm, while there are security guys 24/7 you need to be careful who you take back to your room as there is no I.D. check.

The first time you stay at Mosaik it can be quite complicated having to choose between the different room sizes, then room qualities, then if you need/want balcony, then where room is situated as Mosaik has a lot of property around Day/Night Soi 1 and 2. Then weekly or daily rate, then low season or high season. Give me an idea of room type (Studio/1 bed) and approx. sq/m size and for how long you plan to stay and i'll try point you in right direction.

I'm thinking about staying there soon too... wondering if it's walking distance to sunee or boyztown, and how far walk from each?
While it is closer to Sunee which is an easy walk,(5 mins?) boyztown is walkable too (10 mins?), but as the baht buses pass the top of the Mosaik Soi where tuk Com is, you can catch one easily/regularly for Bt10 to boyztown. I walk to both. Usually Sunee first early on, then from there to boyztown. Personally regard walking to either as a non-issue. But even in Mosaik which has a lift I use the stairs.

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2017, 20:46
New Alan has covered everything you need to know and more. I'm currently in Mosaik ( F block - ha sounds more like a prison !) and I'm sleeping like a baby. Mind you also not going to bed until 5am so I guess that helps ! But I'm confident even if you were turning in at midnight or world be the same.

This time I'm facing into the boutique hotel and right above the buses which I was most pissed off about but actually it's fine - I'm also fearing half deaf as I get older it seems which also helps. The rooms have black out curtains fitted and the problem for me is remembering to wake up before 2pm / 3pm usually I sleep so well here.

Speak to Nop in reception, he's a nice guy and will answer all of your questions.

goji
July 20th, 2017, 00:17
Thank you for the guidance.

I'm going for the Junior suite, since these look spacious and are within my normal price range.

How are the blocks arranged ?
I cannot find a floor plan, but something on the same side as the Flamingo & the Blue House sounds like a good idea, since I know that soi is quiet & it's away from all the buses. Also, I suppose the room should be cooler.

I also read a trip advisor report referring to noisy aircon on the 5th floor, so would something on the 3rd or 4th floors be optimum ?

Lifts do not matter much to me.

Manforallseasons
July 20th, 2017, 00:57
I lived in Mosaic when it first openned, actually watched it being built at that time the immediate area had many gay bars and Sunee was thriving, fast forward 10-11 years no bars are left in the immediate area and Sunee is all but finished.
A german Klaus owned Mosaic and it was quite nice, Klaus died and eventually it changed hands, it is showing signs of its age. The area also has changed and caters to many middle easterners as does Mosaic. If you plan to spend most of your time in Boystown or Jomtien Complex surely there are better options.

Mickp
July 20th, 2017, 03:50
New Alan has covered everything you need to know and more. I'm currently in Mosaik ( F block - ha sounds more like a prison !) and I'm sleeping like a baby. Mind you also not going to bed until 5am so I guess that helps ! But I'm confident even if you were turning in at midnight or world be the same.

This time I'm facing into the boutique hotel and right above the buses which I was most pissed off about but actually it's fine - I'm also fearing half deaf as I get older it seems which also helps. The rooms have black out curtains fitted and the problem for me is remembering to wake up before 2pm / 3pm usually I sleep so well here.

Speak to Nop in reception, he's a nice guy and will answer all of your questions.

I recall the cleaners banging on the door at 11am and letting themselves in , that really got up my pussy !

goji
July 20th, 2017, 04:49
If you plan to spend most of your time in Boystown or Jomtien Complex surely there are better options.

Well I do plan to spend time in Boystown.
Exactly what better option would you suggest ?
It needs to be clean, quiet, within easy walking distance of Boystown and above all else, not over run with Arabs.

newalaan2
July 20th, 2017, 06:00
I lived in Mosaic when it first openned, actually watched it being built at that time the immediate area had many gay bars and Sunee was thriving, fast forward 10-11 years no bars are left in the immediate area

I watched it being transformed from the old Boys Studio 'Hotel' to Mosaik Apartments from my Flamingo Hotel room balcony too. So what? I didn't stay at either Flamingo or Mosaik because of any bars in the immediate area, I stayed there because they were excellent places to base a trip and both Boyztown and Sunee are very near, easily walkable. What does it matter that there are no bars in the Day/Night area?

A german Klaus owned Mosaic and it was quite nice, Klaus died and eventually it changed hands, it is showing signs of its age. The area also has changed and caters to many middle easterners as does Mosaic. If you plan to spend most of your time in Boystown or Jomtien Complex surely there are better options.

And how would you know what the impact of age had been on Mosaik if you last stayed there 10-11 years ago? The room(s) I prefer there have shown little sign of age, in fact new bedding/mattresses and furniture have been installed. Every property shows 'some' sign of age if it's 10-11 years older! but it looks pretty much as it did all those years ago.

and sunee is all but finished
Utter rubbish, you've been saying this for a decade now and sunee has yet to 'finish'. When GoodBoys, One Bar, Blue Chilli, Sky Bar, Double Shot, Elephant Plaza, Ting Tong Red (now expanding!), Ouds Caf, Forest Bar, Nice Boys, Powre Boys, Diamond Bar, Euro Boys bar, Winner Gogo, Eros Gogo, Rainbow Bar, Green Chair Bar all suddenly CLOSE then come back and let us know.

I visited sunee at some point every night last trip June/July and had a great time every night enjoying entertainment and fun, games of snooker, relaxing no-attitude environment with plenty of available lads in the bars. It seems you've been stuck in Pattaya for far too long and the area may have become 'too familiar' and stale for you, or you may have become stale. But for me the 2 weeks at a time visits, returning home and going to other places in between, it's still a joy to visit and will be in the near future.

I see goji has asked what your 'better options' would be since you have suggested 'surely' there are, but you failed to mention any......with specifics like where, names of establishments with similar room sizes, amenities and price points. Crass generalisations mean nothing without some detail (places?) and (current?) experiences of 'options' rather than 10 year old non-reviews.

Mickp
July 20th, 2017, 06:47
Well I do plan to spend time in Boystown.
Exactly what better option would you suggest ?
It needs to be clean, quiet, within easy walking distance of Boystown and above all else, not over run with Arabs.

Omg:eek: Your not a Racist are you ...to be politically correct dear , its Middle Eastern challenged!

Have you tried Baan Dok Mai at the back of Tuk Com ?http://www.baandm.com

arsenal
July 20th, 2017, 08:50
Mickyboy (Sweetheart) wrote:
"Omg Your not a Racist are you ...to be politically correct dear , its Middle Eastern challenged!"

Middle eastern challenged would mean lacking in middle eastern-ness as in intellectually challenged meaning a little dim witted.

Manforallseasons
July 20th, 2017, 11:43
Newalaan I wish you could expand your posts. I looked at 3 rooms a month ago at Mosaic. For those that only visit Pattaya the hotels in and around Jomtien Complex offer the newest and best accomadations, as for Sunee knock yourself out.🤣

lonelywombat
July 20th, 2017, 13:43
I recall the cleaners banging on the door at 11am and letting themselves in , that really got up my pussy !

If I understand what was current procedure and not changed in the last few months, you request for your room to be serviced. If you do not ask your room to be serviced ,it is left untouched.
Baa Dok Mai is half the price of Mosaik so where is the apples for apples comparison.
In addition there are lifts in Mosaik compared that awful staircase at BDM and not somebody to carry your bags for you.

arsenal
July 20th, 2017, 13:56
You guys ever heard of a hotel? Got all sorts of posh stuff like lifts and cleaners and bag carryin boys and sum of em even got TVs. Gotta be a miylionaire to stay ther tho.

scottish-guy
July 20th, 2017, 14:10
Heard there's one of them in BKK.

Called the Tarty One or something - could do with a 16 paragraph update on it so we know if (for example) the boiled sweets at the reception desk have changed from strawberry to lemon

arsenal
July 20th, 2017, 15:39
Cor. Boiled sweets wots made wiv lemens and strorburrys. Thats ony for peepul thats got ladys mades and genelmen that likes to were soots and kollers to dinner.

newalaan2
July 20th, 2017, 15:50
If I understand what was current procedure and not changed in the last few months, you request for your room to be serviced. If you do not ask your room to be serviced ,it is left untouched.
Baa Dok Mai is half the price of Mosaik so where is the apples for apples comparison.
In addition there are lifts in Mosaik compared that awful staircase at BDM and not somebody to carry your bags for you.

Lonely the 'procedure' has changed over the last couple of years to Mosaik now renting rooms on a hotel basis, e.g. nightly rates including daily room cleaning, towel changes, electric/water. All of the Chinese visitors and many of the other nationalities now book there on this basis as Mosaik rooms can be found on hotel search engines like booking.com/Agoda etc.. So the cleaners come round those rooms on a daily basis just like hotels.

Weekly+ renters like some of us here account for a much smaller % of their room take up than previously, that's why they are able to boast up to 90% capacity at certain times of the year. On that basis you still have to request room cleaning if you require it. Some of the room types used by weekly+ renters are not offered to nightly rate customers, but a business has to move with the times or it will go under in the present climate. If Mosaik had to survive on it's previous customer base it most likely wouldn't be here in it's current format.

Not sure where you have gleaned your information but a like-for-like room at Baan Dok Mai is nothing like half the price of Mosaik where Booking.com com advertise a deluxe mosaik room for Bt700 a night on the hotel basis I mentioned previously. Baan Dok Mai equivalent rooms are Bt700-900 depending on season.

When I stayed at Baan Dok Mai the stairs never bothered me, I use stairs at Mosaik as well anyway, and there was always somebody on hand to take luggage up to the room at BDM, however the lift at Mosaik is handy for checking in with luggage.

lonelywombat
July 20th, 2017, 18:25
Lonely the 'procedure' has changed over the last couple of years to Mosaik now renting rooms on a hotel basis, e.g. nightly rates

Not sure where you have gleaned your information but a like-for-like room at Baan Dok Mai is nothing like half the price of Mosaik where Booking.com com advertise a deluxe mosaik room for Bt700 a night on the hotel basis I mentioned previously. Baan Dok Mai equivalent rooms are Bt700-900 depending on season.

When I stayed at Baan Dok Mai the stairs never bothered me, I use stairs at Mosaik as well anyway, and there was always somebody on hand to take luggage up to the room at BDM, however the lift at Mosaik is handy for checking in with luggage.

Rooms and Rates

Rooms Type

Feb to Nov

Dec to Jan

Daily

Standard

B700

B800

Superior

B800

B900

Monthly

Standard

B12,000

Dec to Jan need to book
2 months

The Mosaik rates quoted for a month were 26000 baht for 30 days, I could not copy the above rates from BDM that last line.
where the monthly de lux rate for a superior room is 14000 baht .
I was quoted from the website 1400baht per night.

Th above rates are probably of no interest to Arsenal whose main interest is chasing breakfasts for less than 100 baht.
I note Scottish comment but he did not mention he used to stay in Meredian Hotel. How much more expensive is that above Mosaik?
Are there still ghosts in that hotel or did you fool them when you changed.

arsenal
July 20th, 2017, 18:41
Wombles wrote:
" Th above rates are probably of no interest to Arsenal whose main interest is chasing breakfasts for less than 100 baht."

Everything you write is of major interest to everyone Wombat.

bobsaigon2
July 20th, 2017, 19:20
Off topic: It took me years to notice the significance of the placement of the comma in "Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves." lol

a447
July 20th, 2017, 19:49
It's an old Aussie joke.

For the uninitiated, "to root" means "to fuck" in Aussie slang.

sglad
July 20th, 2017, 19:53
It's an old Aussie joke.

As only an old Aussie would know. Thanks for sharing.

a447
July 20th, 2017, 19:56
Well, you are also an old Aussie, as you inadvertently revealed in a post here, so you would also get the joke.

sglad
July 20th, 2017, 19:58
...also you would also get the joke.

No, can't say that I get you - the joke.

scottish-guy
July 20th, 2017, 22:33
...I note Scottish comment but he did not mention he used to stay in Meredian Hotel. How much more expensive is that above Mosaik? Are there still ghosts in that hotel or did you fool them when you changed...

I don't know quite what to make of the above.

Firstly, I have never stayed at Le Meridien Hotel - you should consult my personal historian MiniMee whose purpose in life revolves round trying to keep a record of where I am at any particular time.
However, you may be thinking of the Mercure where I have stayed several times?
There are 2 x Mercure hotels in Pattaya - and I'm referring to the one which is kinda behind the Welcome Plaza. From memory 1500-1600B for a superior room

Secondly, I have absolutely no clue what you mean by "ghosts" or "fooling them"

:stop_mini:

arsenal
July 20th, 2017, 23:19
Our Wombles has never been the same since 'Turkeygate" which loosened his already fragile grip on reality.

newalaan2
July 21st, 2017, 00:05
The Mosaik rates quoted for a month were 26000 baht for 30 days, I could not copy the above rates from BDM that last line. where the monthly de lux rate for a superior room is 14000 baht . I was quoted from the website 1400baht per night.

Now, now, Mr Wombat you know full well that I said LIKE-FOR-LIKE room, and you know BDM is nothing near the 60sqm Mosaik room you have quoted at Bt26,000 to try and fool everyone into believing your BDM statement of half the price of Mosaik is correct. The Mosaik room equivalent to BDM would be the Deluxe at Bt14,000 per month and the BDM room has no kitchen area. That is without taking into consideration the Mosaik rooms are better finished and furnished.

You also knew I was referring to the hotel-basis (nightly) at Mosaik which is clearly not half the cost at BDM, it's the same. Now we have established that the BDM monthly rate is also nowhere near half the rate of Mosaik, nor does the BDM have a kitchen area or lift. 12k/14.5k versus 14k...the same also.

You lost me a little with your explanation but it seems to be you are insinuating BDM superior room is equivalent to Mosaik Junior Suite....don't make me laugh, both BDM rooms are equivalent only to Mosaik Deluxe, I am being generous by including the BDM standard as a like-for-like equivalent. As I say you also know perfectly well none of the BDM rooms are anywhere near the 60sqm Mosaik Suites.

Mickp
July 21st, 2017, 01:36
I dont like the shower pressure at the Baan dok mai nor the Wi Fi which worked intermittently

Mickp
July 21st, 2017, 03:58
Everyone probaly knows that the Baan Dok Mai was sold a few years ago and has changed dramatically!

It is now owned and run singlehandedly by a friendly Australian guy .

No more Cafe downstairs, not that I ate at the bloody thing anyway .

There is no reception desk after hours so can be a positive or negative depending the way you look at it.

For those who are physically challenged unfortunately it is stairway challenging!

If you book thru the hotel apps you can get rates as low as 600 baht a night .

goji
July 21st, 2017, 04:41
What does it matter that there are no bars in the Day/Night area?

This is very important.
No bars means no parties carrying on until 6:00 am, which means it's a perfect location for hotels, as I can expect to sleep.
And I can still walk to Boyztown or Sunnee in less than 10 minutes.

Also, I can take morning coffee at Gafae or Starbucks in Tuk Com.

So after that, all I need t do is find the best hotel in the area that still comes in at 1500 baht give or take a little.

Baan Dok Mai never came up to my expectations. Flamingo just about made it, but I hope Mosaik will be better,

goji
July 21st, 2017, 05:08
Omg:eek: Your not a Racist are you ...to be politically correct dear , its Middle Eastern challenged!

Certainly not. It's their miserable set of beliefs I object to, not their race.

lonelywombat
July 21st, 2017, 13:41
I don't know quite what to make of the above.

Firstly, I have never stayed at Le Meridien Hotel
However, you may be thinking of the Mercure where I have stayed several times?
There are 2 x Mercure hotels in Pattaya - and I'm referring to the one which is kinda behind the Welcome Plaza. From memory 1500-1600B for a superior room

Mercure [ of course]was the place where you thought people from Boyztown had followed you back to your hotel. Maybe it was on Neals ratbag site, but I am sure there is a copy around with more detail.
1500/1600 at Mercure is a good price . do you still return there each trip?

scottish-guy
July 21st, 2017, 14:48
No - last time my m8 and I reverted to booking the Welcome Plaza (which is the first hotel we ever stayed in in Pattaya) because we noticed on their website that they had finally refurbished (at least some of)the rooms.

The issue that we had had previously was poor state of decor, leaky bathtubs with dangerously wet floors.

Glad to report that although my m8 became seriously ill and had to cancel his trip, I found the rooms were improved at (from memory) around 1300B per night for sea view - but the hotel itself had been deserted by both staff and customers. Was like staying in an empty building - and I'm used to low-season.

The Mercure "incident" my BF and I later deduced was down to a Thai guest in an adjacent room who had nodded to us going in and out over previous days.
We think he must have either passed or heard BF and I returning from BT in the small hours and then rang from his room to ours to proposition BF (in Thai).
Since BF is Vietnamese and speaks very little Thai it both puzzled and alarmed us both that the phone should ring almost as soon as we arrived back, with a guy gibbering down the line in Thai.
It was years later that BF finally admitted to me that the (very) little of the conversation he understood involved a sum of money and finally 2+2=4

pennyboy
July 21st, 2017, 16:47
I pass the Mercure regularly and there can be up to 6 tour buses in the car park. It now appears to be attracting the tour groups. I won't mention the nationality in case it offends the sainted Oliver.

scottish-guy
July 21st, 2017, 17:41
Tour groups never bother me as they have all fucked off for the day by the time I surface at 12 noon.

All you need is a quiet facing room or good glazing IMHO

Nirish guy
July 21st, 2017, 19:10
You're quite right about the cleaners banging on the door and letting themselves in etc as that used to drive me insane - however the simple fix for that ( and one which the cleaners Joe fully understand means don't bother me) is to put the chain on your door before bed as this denies them entry.

I have still heard them doing the "clean loom" shouting thing at several doors this trip but I think from previous trips they know not to bother me until asked for now and actually this trip for the first time ever I've opened my door each morning to a plastic bag containing fresh towels, a toilet roll and two bottles of water which is great. Then I just let them to clean / change bed as I require.

goji
July 22nd, 2017, 00:56
Is it not sufficient to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door ? Even if it's home made. The moment they start ignoring that, then a word with the management has to be justified.

cdnmatt
July 22nd, 2017, 01:17
*scratches head*

Granted, I haven't stayed in Mosaic for years, but never had an issue with cleaning ladies. There were times I'd stay for several weeks, and I'd just tell the office, "can you clean every Tuesday and Friday?", and it worked fine. Tues and Fri they were at my door sometime before noon usually, and I was left alone the rest of the week.

Then during the non-cleaning days, if I was awake and up and about, I'd just track the cleaning ladies down in the hallways, and switch out my dirty towels for clean ones. Besides, for me using the same towel for 2 or 3 days isn't a big deal.

The one thing that annoyed me though is they offer a full kitchen, but I would hardly call that a "full" kistchn. Sure, you get a two burner stove / hotplate, couple plates, glasses, coffee cups, and some silverware, but that's it. No kettle, pots, pans, cutting board, microwave, decent cutting knives, spatula, nothing. You can request things like a kettle from the office, but still, I guess it is technically a kitchen, albeit a totally useless one unless you drop about 10,000 into it.

newalaan2
July 22nd, 2017, 02:13
*scratches head* Granted, I haven't stayed in Mosaic for years, but never had an issue with cleaning ladies.

The one thing that annoyed me though is they offer a full kitchen, but I would hardly call that a "full" kistchn. Sure, you get a two burner stove / hotplate, couple plates, glasses, coffee cups, and some silverware, but that's it. No kettle, pots, pans, cutting board, microwave, decent cutting knives, spatula, nothing. You can request things like a kettle from the office, but still, I guess it is technically a kitchen, albeit a totally useless one unless you drop about 10,000 into it.

Just to clarify Matt.

Regarding room cleaning:
You need to have absorbed all the information in the previous posts to alleviate your need for 'head scratching', the important part being the bit where I advise that Mosaik has over the last 2-3 years adjusted their renting policy to offering rooms on a 'nightly' all-in basis as hotels, in addition to weekly/monthly rents (where you pay for electric/water and room cleaning separately). When you take this nightly option the daily room cleaning is included and so every day the cleaners will attempt to gain entry to clean your room unless otherwise advised. This is the opposite of weekly rent options where you have to request room cleaning on a specific day/days.

Regarding the full kitchen:
Incorrect Matt, you have always been able to get all the items you refer to. While I have never seen it referred to as 'full'..... merely kitchen.....in some rooms (certainly the F block) there is an actual separate kitchen room with everything one could need. Other rooms you simply request hotplate/cooker, utensils, pots/pans, and microwave, and they are usually delivered same/next day, or if requested in advance will be waiting for you. There is already water boiler in each room to accommodate nightly renters as previously mentioned, as are plates/cutlery/cups/glasses. All I ever need to buy in addition is a sharp kitchen knife as bf cooks all manner of 'stuff' which needs a good blade. There is not, nor has ever been any need to 'drop' Bt10,000 or even Bt100 as knives are available from TOPS or Friendship for less than that.

Mickp
July 22nd, 2017, 02:22
They have a kettle , , cups , a few plates etc in every room especially the hot water kettle not sure why Matt had to request one..... of course it has been some years since he stayed :rolleyes:

scottish-guy
July 22nd, 2017, 03:16
Only on SGT can a debate break out about the cooking utensils in an apartment

cdnmatt
July 22nd, 2017, 03:30
@Newalaan -- Sorry, and you're right, never read all the replies, and just me being blind again. Can't just quickly scan a thread, and have to listen to every reply, 90% of which are a waste of time, so I tend to miss things.

So they moved over to a nightly hotel format + serviced apartment? Well, that sucks... now I understand the complaints about the noise. When you just have someone there for 3 days, they're going to party like it's 1999 for 72 hours straight.

*shrug* I don't know, but I'll stick with what I said. I guess the rooms now all come with a kettle, so cool deal. I've stayed in loads of serviced apartments throughout my life in valirous countries, and when they offer a kitchen I basically always get, well.... a kitchen. Granted, they're usually quite minimal, with maybe 1 frying pan, 1 pot, 1 spatula, a wodden spoon, etc. Nonetheless, it's enough that I can just pickup stuff from the grocery store, and cook a decent meal with. I don't have to go down to the local thrift shop, and buy a bunch of cheap junk I'm just going to leave there, and only use for my 1 or 2 week stay.

I know most people don't give a shit, because when on holiday they eat out every meal, but I don't like doing that. Going out to a restaurant is cool and all, but I don't want to do it every day for 2 weeks.

sglad
July 22nd, 2017, 06:13

That's nothing. Wait till the jumbo dumbo chimes in and starts to grill cdnmatt over his ability to handle kitchen appliances.

MiniMee
July 22nd, 2017, 10:39
The Mercure "incident" my BF and I later deduced was........It was years later that BF finally admitted to me that......So this, like all your reminiscences on Thailand, occurred many years ago.

scottish-guy
July 22nd, 2017, 14:31
You'll have to take that up with Lonelywombat as it was his "reminiscence", not mine.

I merely corrected it.

DrewSpz
August 1st, 2017, 23:40
So I want to spend some time in Sunee just hanging out taking it easy... I booked at Mosaic and am a little worried it'll be a little too far to take boys back to. I know there's short time rooms in Sunee, but they're not nice at all.

Is Mosaic too far from Sunee? Can I get some thoughts on this before its too late for me to cancel?

thx

Nirish guy
August 1st, 2017, 23:56
No mosaik is fine for what you're thinking, only a 5 /7 minute walk and that's a nice time to be able to walk along talking shit to your boy de jour and even perhaps stop at the 7/11 and pick up food / beer etc - all of which can add beneficially to the time you're about to spend with your guy. If it was me I'd be sure to book into F block and then you can use the small door opposite the Boutique hotel, much more private and also closer to Sunee / the 7/11 and boystown etc ( albeit by a minute just) - so no, mosaic is fine and is a path well trodden by many from Sunee on a regular basis.

DrewSpz
August 2nd, 2017, 01:50
Awesome reply and just what I was looking for, THANK YOU! Sometimes I'm scared to ask questions around here. Hahaha

I booked a 'one bedroom' whatever that is so hopefully they have hat on F block.

Ciao

Nirish guy
August 2nd, 2017, 04:08
No worries - and don't forget that if you're REALLY horny and just can't wait or wish to have a succession of guys in quick order that there's always the motor cycle taxi stand guys who are based at the entrance to Sunee Plaza who can have you and your boy/s whisked to your room in two shakes of a lambs tail ! :-) Enjoy.

goji
August 2nd, 2017, 05:03
Jesus it's only a 5 minute walk. It's also close enough to walk from Boyztown in about 10 minutes. Walking from Boyztown, just tell them your hotel is near Tuk Com, which they all know
My idea of a perfect location. I've tried 2 other hotels very nearby & don't quite know why I've not tried Mosaic yet.

I've even walked home from Jomtien beach, but there's no way any of the cute Thai lads who are half my age would walk that distance, so it's the baht bus if bringing a boy back from there.

Nirish guy
August 2nd, 2017, 05:30
Or dont forget that Mosaik will rent you one of their in-house motorbikes for around just 100 baht a day if youre happy enough riding about, I take one every time and it gives me great freedom during the day and is great should you want to bring a guy back from just about anywhere. Just make sure you get an international licence in your home country before travelling ( available over the counter in the post office here in the UK for around six quid or so and I'm guessing the same elsewhere) just to help avoid the 300 baht police roadside "fine/ extortion" should they stop you and ask for it - and just in case you're tempted to have a beer or two with a bike just be aware that the police really seemed to have upped the amount of roadblocks now around pattaya and on the road from Jomtien and are always armed with breath testing kit too there usually so personally I just park the bike up in the evenings now and walk or motorbike taxi everywhere, much cheaper and......well I was going to say safer, but based on some of the motorbike taxi's I'm not su sure about that, in the long run ! * joke)

arsenal
August 2nd, 2017, 08:01
Yes. NIrish is correct. The police are breath testing regularly in Pattaya these days.

Nirish guy
August 2nd, 2017, 16:30
And before anyone jumps on the "well that's great, I'm all for it, people shouldn't be riding their motorbike with 3 beers in them at 20mph the police are doing a great job catching them" etc, just remember that after being breath tested half times if it's a fail for a thai it's a 400/500 roadside "fine / extortion" and on your way and whilst thankfully I haven't had to negotiate it I'm told for farang depending on when stopped and by whom etc one / a few thousand might be the answer and your keys are handed back to you with a "ok enjoy your night" - so as always this is damn all to do with enforcing road safety ( otherwise they'd remove your keys and bike from you for good that night to ensure you couldn't drive whilst under the influence but is of course just more to do with each cop lining his pockets ! With the added benefit for them / their superiors that it "looks good" to City Hall that the cops are out at every major junction each evening breathalysing anything that moves ( in the hope of making a quick buck) whilst looking like the real policemen they are "supposed" to be !

arsenal
August 2nd, 2017, 18:31
Police checks and times.
During the day it's helmets and licences.
After 6.00pm it's helmets but only in certain areas.
After 10,00pm it's drink.
Drugs at all times.

gerefan2
August 3rd, 2017, 01:52
" if it's a fail for a thai it's a 400/500 roadside "fine / extortion"

Don't be too sure about that. I know three Thai friends who have each had to pay 10,000 baht or go to court. I gather this is the standard "fine"... if you know what I mean. Going to court is of course even worse.

One didn't have the money and so spent time in jail and then had to do a days work a month in the temple for, wait for it, 3 years.

Believe it or not none of them drink and drive any more...

God knows how much a farang would have to pay.

goji
August 3rd, 2017, 02:28
Most UK travel insurance policies will not cover you for riding on a motorcycle unless it's driven by a holder of a UK motorcycle license.

Nirish guy
August 3rd, 2017, 06:55
Most UK travel insurance policies will not cover you for riding on a motorcycle unless it's driven by a holder of a UK motorcycle license.

Goji it's only a standard moped type bike I hire ( under 125cc) and that is covered I'm told ( as your car licence covers you to drive a moped I believe). I know as I just had this very conversation with my insurers before this very trip where they said "no, not covered", I said Bollocks I've been driving it for years and you're just telling me this NOW, so she went away and double checked with the underwriters who confirmed that yes actually they do / will insure ( me) for a motor bike, just as long as it IS under 125cc i.e a moped and as long as it IS just me riding it for holiday use and not here at home full time etc.

And Gerefan yes i heard that 10,000 figure being bandied about too, and "assumed" that that might have been the farang figure, but yeah you're right it's a conversation I'd rather not have and I know the one time I was stopped and failed the first blow test ( but not the second) the police man was rubbing his hands together in glee and saying over and over again "you're going to jail" and all I could think was SHIT this is going to be expensive - or a night to two in the cells, hence why I now park my bike up at nights just in case !

scottish-guy
August 3rd, 2017, 07:47
Has the UK definition of "moped" changed then - because when (as a 16yo) I had one in the 70s the definition was under 50cc and at that time they were without a speed restrictor on the engine.

I know that later changed to under 50cc WITH a 30mph speed restrictor.

Had to imagine it's suddenly been uprated to 125cc as the trend was towards less speed not more.

But willing to be corrected.

This was mine btw :

arsenal
August 3rd, 2017, 09:28
I had a Honda Custom (CM) 125. I felt like a Hell's Angel whenever I rode it.

sglad
August 3rd, 2017, 11:35
Has the UK definition of "moped" changed then - because when (as a 16yo) I had one in the 70s the definition was under 50cc and at that time they were without a speed restrictor on the engine.

1870s? You gotta love those Victorians for their progressiveness in technology - they didn't call it the Age of Industrialisation for nothing.

Nirish guy
August 3rd, 2017, 16:00
I have no idea of the definition of "moped" and simply used that word as my thinking of what a small unpowerful motorbike is........however having just googled "honda moped" I got back a 100 pictures as below, which to me looks like the standard type of bike as used every day everyday in Pattaya / Thailand by most people and is the same bike that I hire (literally the same model), so yes, I think certainly in the context I meant it here that
"moped" is the correct definition perhaps. No doubt someone will come back with some reason as to why it isn't ....I could care less......to me......they're mopeds, end of :-)

goji
August 3rd, 2017, 16:19
I know as I just had this very conversation with my insurers before this very trip where they said "no, not covered", I said Bollocks I've been driving it for years and you're just telling me this NOW, so she went away and double checked with the underwriters who confirmed that yes actually they do / will insure ( me) for a motor bike, just as long as it IS under 125cc i.e a moped and as long as it IS just me riding it for holiday use and not here at home full time etc.
I still wouldn't trust insurers unless it's in writing.

Nirish guy
August 3rd, 2017, 16:27
I still wouldn't trust insurers unless it's in writing.

Well they do record all calls of course these days......but ok, you be sure to get it in writing then better, I think if you actually read the full details of any insurance policy you believe you're covered under and then applied it to your daily living, cerrtinaly whilst on holiday you'd be hard pushed to discover that you are covered for every eventuality you face mind. But in this instance Im happy that as I believed I always WAS covered anyway, she simply made a knee jerk reaction comment about "motorbikes" ( as above) and when asked to go check her facts she quickly came back and apologised and said "sorry you're right, you're covered up to 125cc", to me that was enough in this instance - plus I'm sure if they REALLY wanted to fuck me over they could find MUCh easier ways to do that - i.e was the bike insured by others, was it fully serviced with a full log book, did you have a rental contract, did you have a helmet on, had you consumed alcohol, can you prove you weren't driving dangerously etc etc .........there just comes a point in life where you have to just get on with things as not everything can be covered with contracts and legality - and even when you THINK it is just look how often that turns out not actually to be the case once you go back to rely on said contract anyway,

arsenal
August 3rd, 2017, 16:49
It's not a moped NIrish for the very simple reason that it doesn't have any pedals. It's a scooter. Now, I suggest that in future you hire the latest Honda Click 125i. It's quick and chuckable and great fun to ride. So, it's not for the woosey pussies who wouldn't dream of doing something SO dangerous as riding a mcy in Thailand.

Nirish guy
August 3rd, 2017, 17:14
A SCOOTER !! Well fuck THAT ! That doesn't sound remotely cool or gay, i'm damned if I'll be seen riding on a "scooter" - how very dare they giving me such an uncool contraption - when I'm driving at 10 mph pass the food stalls outside the Temple at night I MUST look hip cool and trendy so all the Thai boys must instantly have me and some how I'm guessing a "scooter" just won't achieve that !!

But no, I'll not be changing as I think I've had the same "scooter" ( oh the shame of it) as supplied by mosaik from my first ever trip I think, I'm actually sure that I've probably actually bought the damned thing now I've hired it so many times, hell one time I forgot an left my international licence inside the seat under a rag and went home to N.Ireland only to come back on my next trip to find it exactly where I'd left it and better still it was still in date even so I was delighted ! :) But ohhhh a "scooter" ....that's just ruined my day now ! How VERY dare they ! :)

arsenal
August 3rd, 2017, 17:51
And now all I can think about is getting a hot boy on the back of the bike and whizzing him back to my hotel. Afterwards I provide a free taxi service to anywhere in the city and I always let them drive (which they really like) and sometimes during the journey I put my hand down their pants (which I really like) and my record is about 8 minutes from bike hire to boy on back and that's now ALL I can think about.

scottish-guy
August 3rd, 2017, 20:11
OK I've checked on UK Govt websites (because I'm a sad cunt) - a moped has to be under 50cc with a top speed of 45kilometers per hour.

They don't require to have pedals any more (although they orginally did)

That's enough excitement for one day

whitemouse
August 4th, 2017, 01:14
.. when I'm driving at 10 mph pass the food stalls outside the Temple at night I MUST look hip cool and trendy so all the Thai boys must instantly have me and some how I'm guessing a "scooter" just won't achieve that !!

You need Kawasaki KSR then, Thai guys will be all over you when you jet pass the temple on this, seriously!

But it's so tiny, difficult to ride

Nirish guy
August 4th, 2017, 03:07
But it's so tiny, difficult to ride

Which funnily it just like half the Thai guys I'm guessing it would attract ! :)

goji
August 4th, 2017, 03:47
I don't care if it's a moped or a scooter, but on the very rare cases I venture onto a motorcycle taxi, I usually have a cute rider & being so green I have not found the grab handle, I have to hold on tightly around the waist of the rider, with my hands clasped together resting on his lap.

Admittedly the last time I used one must have been in Cambodia about 5 years ago. But at least I try to make the most of it.

whitemouse
August 4th, 2017, 04:18
I usually have a cute rider & being so green I have not found the grab handle, I have to hold on tightly around the waist of the rider, with my hands clasped together resting on his lap.

Yup, that is what we, newbie riders do. Clearly we have to hold on to something, just to be safe.

Do you sometimes wonder, what if we gently hold on to mocy guy's ball sack. The driver can't really resist too much, because he has to keep hands on steering. So here's my newbie question - is it culturally acceptable in Thailand to gently caress mocy guy's genital area, while sitting at the back, or is it frowned upon? What is the chance of NOT being beat up at next lights, when he can use of both hands?

Omega, pay attention, this here may be some real newbie advise about Thailand.

frequent
August 4th, 2017, 11:31
OK I've checked on UK Govt websites (because I'm a sad cunt) - a moped has to be under 50cc with a top speed of 45kilometers per hour.One of my favourite lines in a film is the lesbian character Sister George responding to the statement "You always look so happy riding around on your motorcycle" with the immortal line "Wouldn't you look happy with 50 cubic centimetres throbbing between your legs"

goji
August 4th, 2017, 19:39
So here's my newbie question - is it culturally acceptable in Thailand to gently caress mocy guy's genital area, while sitting at the back, or is it frowned upon?

As far as I can remember, all my motorcycle taxi experiences were in Cambodia, when alternative transport was hard to find.
I also didn't push my luck by caressing gentials, but with hands clasped together resting on top of the genitals, the rider sometimes gets a very impressive erection.

I should probably prioritize safety, by finding a rider who has been careful enough to reach at least 40. Instead, it is usually some young cute guy AND I am distracting him by holding on tight.