PDA

View Full Version : Getting the bus from the Airport to Pattaya

Mickp
July 10th, 2017, 00:09
I read some of the straight forums and even on the gay forums there are guys who will wait and get the slow bus from the Airport to Pattaya to save 1500 b

After a long trip wouldnt you rather just jump in a car and get their quicker and in comfort ?

Can't understand the need to save a lousy 1500 baht unless you are a expat, but if your on holiday no

Moses
July 10th, 2017, 03:57
the most wrong assumption in your post is word "slow"

difference in time btw bus and taxi btw Suwarnabhum and Pattaya is about 5-10 min, so if you use Bell-service bus - then there almost no difference in service, cuz they will delivery you to hotel's door by van in Pattaya

also if you stay in Jomtien complex then you may use normal bus - cuz South station in Pattaya is in 5 min walk from Jomtien complex... time will be not 1:20 like taxi, but 1:30.... is it important?

and last: only newcomer pays 1500 baht, normal price for taxi is 1000 baht, 1200-1500 is normal price for limo sedan, when driver will pick up you at arrival gate and will help with luggage in airport

goji
July 10th, 2017, 04:18
I presume the taxi leaves immediately, whereas the wait for the bus might be up to 2 hours. Then the taxi should go straight to your hotel.

If I were going to Pattaya directly after my 12 hour long haul flight, it would be the taxi every time. However, I actually go to Bangkok after the 12 hour flight.

If I have just taken a short haul flight prior to going to Pattaya, then as long as we're not eating into gogo bar time, the bus is a perfectly good option, which I use.

Moses
July 10th, 2017, 04:33
>>>I presume the taxi leaves immediately, whereas the wait for the bus might be up to 2 hours.

it depends on how long is line at taxi booth

>>> Then the taxi should go straight to your hotel.

Bellservice bus does the same - when you take seat in their bus they asking for hotel name, while you are in bus they sorting passengers to clusters of hotels and on arrival to north Pattaya station few (usually 5-6) vans are waiting for passengers - one for each cluster, then they will delivery you to hotel's door

Phred
July 10th, 2017, 09:08
Moses wrote:

“if you stay in Jomtien complex then you may use normal bus”

Is the bus to Jomtien different from Bellservice? I used to take the Bellservice to the airport in the days before I started staying in Jomtien. When I discovered the airport service from the new airport straight to the Jomtien station I started taking that.

You catch the Jomtien bus on the lower level near the food court. Is Bellservice there too? I never noticed, just went straight to the Jomtien line. I might need either service next time.

Moses wrote:

“Bellservice bus does the same - when you take seat in their bus they asking for hotel name, while you are in bus they sorting passengers to clusters of hotels and on arrival to north Pattaya station few (usually 5-6) vans are waiting for passengers - one for each cluster, then they will delivery you to hotel's door.”

Is this van service new? When I used to take the (public) bus from Bangkok, when you got off the Songtheou mafia ushered you on with “we go soon” then waited forever and packed it to overflowing. I once got off and walked I was so disgusted. Unfortunately at the time there was no other option short of a motorbike taxi.

goji wrote:

“I presume the taxi leaves immediately, whereas the wait for the bus might be up to 2 hours. Then the taxi should go straight to your hotel.”

One problem, at least in high season, is that the bus has been discovered by lots of people. I even read that some tour companies were using it. Lately with the Jomtien service, even if you cue at dawn you may not get the first bus out.

Mickp wrote:

“Can't understand the need to save a lousy 1500 baht unless you are a expat, but if your on holiday no”

The bus is very good value for money. Costs a fraction of a limo/taxi. 1500 baht is two nights at my guest house or one night’s company there. Or means I could afford to tip a little more.

Most important to me, the bus is about the safest way to travel, considering Thailand’s road reputation. Nice big heavy bus. Would never take those vans after reading about some accidents. And cars are only a step above motorcycles.

Last time I took a limo was out of necessity. I needed to go to Don Muang Airport and there is still no bus service to there. I used JJ Taxi and it was indeed a pleasant and safe ride. But that 1500 baht could have been spent better.

bobsaigon2
July 10th, 2017, 11:40
OP, you are confusing us. In your other thread today you are asking about bulk discounts at bars, hoping to save 1,000 baht on offs. But in this thread about Bangkok-Pattaya travel you say that you "Can't understand the need to save a lousy 1500 baht". To further the confusion, are you not the same person who paid $150 to have sex with a Cambodian hotel employee?

BTW, someone in your confused state of mind should definitely not be thinking of a trip to the Philippines unless you plan to hire a couple of bodyguards/minders while you are there.

Moses
July 10th, 2017, 13:24
>>>>Is the bus to Jomtien different from Bellservice?

Yes, Bellservice private company, arriving to North, price something about 400 bahts (bus+van), normal bus - state company, arriving to South station, price 139 bahts.

>>>> You catch the Jomtien bus on the lower level near the food court. Is Bellservice there too?
Yup, companies are btw exits #7 & #8 near each other at the ground level.

>>>>One problem, at least in high season, is that the bus has been discovered by lots of people. I even read that some tour companies were using it. Lately with the Jomtien service, even if you cue at dawn you may not get the first bus out.

No such problems with Bellservice since you can book seat via Internet in advance

gerefan2
July 11th, 2017, 05:53
I had a similar thing with a delivery van after going to Cambodia on a visa run. It took ages if you weren't the first on or off. The second time I got out as soon as we got back to Pattaya and got on a motorbike taxi. Without luggage of course.

The true savings on the bus/van,at 400 Baht quoted above, is actually only 600 Baht as a pre-booked taxi is 1000 Bt.

arsenal
July 11th, 2017, 09:27
If you're lucky the bus will take you at least twice as long as a taxi. Can't imagine why anyone heading to Pattaya doesn't want to get there as quickly as possible. The bus could be free and I'd still rather jump in a taxi.

BOY69
July 11th, 2017, 11:31
No taxi driver will agree to 1000 BHT this days ,the normal rate is 1200 to 1500 BHT.

I heard many cases of people booking through Bell service website were exposed to credit card scams ,so it's better use the public service at gate 8 floor 1.

2lz2p
July 11th, 2017, 12:22
As that well known expression goes - "up to you" as to bus, taxi, limo, etc. - If you do choose Bell service, if I recall correctly, you must now advance book your trip online with them - no pick up at airport if no reservation.

The Airport Bus opposite Pan Pan is convenient for going to the airport - but, you can be delayed if coming from the airport. I took it to the airport and then the train into Bangkok. On return, I went directly to the bus desk and was informed the next bus was full and I would have to wait 2 hours for the next one -- however, they did provide another bus, so the wait was only an hour.

Mickp
July 11th, 2017, 12:22
Yes I think its now about the 1500 plus mark which includes tolls.

Although I booked with the Ambiance hotel last year I recall it being about 2300

gerefan2
July 11th, 2017, 12:32
Yes I think its now about the 1500 plus mark which includes tolls.

Although I booked with the Ambiance hotel last year I recall it being about 2300

Nonsense....it's 900 or 1000 depending which was you are going. I've used PT taxis for years, last time two weeks ago.

If you don't believe me look at their website

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

Why Anyone would use a metered taxi is beyond me.

Mickp
July 11th, 2017, 12:38
Thanks gerefan for the link , your right it seems 1,000 baht from Airport to Pattaya although im not sure if that includes tolls?

gerefan2
July 11th, 2017, 12:54
Look at the website.....all inclusive!

Moses
July 11th, 2017, 13:09
No taxi driver will agree to 1000 BHT this days ,the normal rate is 1200 to 1500 BHT.

That's not a true. They asking 1200-1500, but agree for 1000 after bargain.

lonelywombat
July 11th, 2017, 13:25
I have used PT taxis for 5 years maybe more. They are on time, meet me inside the terminal and carry my bags to the car, They deliver me to the door.The rate is 900 baht I always give the 100 baht to the driver as a tip sometimes another 100 if he has been attentive.
The same for return, pick up on time,deliver to the departure lounge and same rates.
Usually the time from meeting the driver to arrival in Pattaya is just over 90 minutes.
If there is a problem sometimes the drivers tend to have a the foot down too heavy on the accelerator . I now stay awake for the trip.

christianpfc
July 11th, 2017, 14:19
If you're lucky the bus will take you at least twice as long as a taxi. Can't imagine why anyone heading to Pattaya doesn't want to get there as quickly as possible. The bus could be free and I'd still rather jump in a taxi.
For me, living here, well worth the saved money.
Complete overview of public transport between Bangkok and Pattaya here:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/10/public-transport-between-bangkok-and.html?showComment=1499757476202#c23598715772781 44923

lonelywombat
July 11th, 2017, 14:29
For me, living here, well worth the saved money.
Complete overview of public transport between Bangkok and Pattaya here:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/10/public-transport-between-bangkok-and.html?showComment=1499757476202#c23598715772781 44923

There is a big difference to living here in Bangkok compared to flying from London or New York with stop overs on the way.
I have heard that some who fly into Heathrow have hassles changing planes and airports and that makes my 9 hour flight not as tiring.
However at my age ,after often at least one stopover, getting to my hotel is my prime motivation.

FarangRuMak
July 12th, 2017, 01:19
The Ambience Hotel has a certain ambience about it.
You're not renting a room or hiring a taxi-you're having an life-style experience.

Moses
July 12th, 2017, 02:28
The Ambience Hotel has a certain ambience about it.
You're not renting a room or hiring a taxi-you're having an life-style experience.

My life-style experience in Ambiance been: "What I will do in case of fire??? Small maze of corridors." I spend 3 days there and left to Jomtien.

Nirish guy
July 17th, 2017, 20:05
Actually thanks for posting the info there re PTtaxis as by pure coincidence I was sitting reading that thread in Bali airport and just remembered I was flying into DM which I HATE trying to get taxis from, so was able to ring the number on the link given, which was answered promptly and after a few language issues i.e. Pick me up at 3pm - oh you go 6 - NO pick me at 3 - yes ok 3 you go 6 !! ( that went on for a while before I realised he meant DOOR six downstairs ! So all sorted - then "I" fucked up as turns out my 3 arrival was actually 4 Thai time. But the guy was still there bless him with name board - correctly spelt too which was a first here ! So with in minutes whisked away to Pattaya in a nice air con limo type car and all for 1300 baht ( with any haggling - I just asked how much and that was the figure - which considering I was an hour late was wonderful ( and yes I did tip too of course).

So, based on today I too can recommend PT Taxis and I'll use them again.

Ps after just firing up Grindr here I think I'll call the taxi back to get my back to Bali asap, Jesus what a motley bunch, the standards here have been dropping for a while but my god that's the worst I've ever seen here :-(. Oh well, at least it's not like they're all money boys or anything and expecting paid as that really would be taking the biscuit !!:/)

Nirish guy
July 18th, 2017, 01:12
Ok maybe I was being a LITTLE harsh before as after visiting boystown and partaking in a few cocktails and other beverages of the alcoholic kind it seems that the general standard of hotness and cuteness of SOME of the guys here is indeed increasing - drink by drink actually it appears, I'm beginning to think that there may even be a correlation between the two things ! Purely out of scientific interest I'll drink on and see does the phenomom increase perhaps ! God the things I do for science !

Mickp
July 18th, 2017, 03:02
Actually thanks for posting the info there re PTtaxis as by pure coincidence I was sitting reading that thread in Bali airport and just remembered I was flying into DM which I HATE trying to get taxis from, so was able to ring the number on the link given, which was answered promptly and after a few language issues i.e. Pick me up at 3pm - oh you go 6 - NO pick me at 3 - yes ok 3 you go 6 !! ( that went on for a while before I realised he meant DOOR six downstairs ! So all sorted - then "I" fucked up as turns out my 3 arrival was actually 4 Thai time. But the guy was still there bless him with name board - correctly spelt too which was a first here ! So with in minutes whisked away to Pattaya in a nice air con limo type car and all for 1300 baht ( with any haggling - I just asked how much and that was the figure - which considering I was an hour late was wonderful ( and yes I did tip too of course).

So, based on today I too can recommend PT Taxis and I'll use them again.

Ps after just firing up Grindr here I think I'll call the taxi back to get my back to Bali asap, Jesus what a motley bunch, the standards here have been dropping for a while but my god that's the worst I've ever seen here :-(. Oh well, at least it's not like they're all money boys or anything and expecting paid as that really would be taking the biscuit !!:/)

Thanks for the update on PT Taxis , I didnt even know they existed before Moses mentioned them last week !

gerefan2
July 18th, 2017, 03:09
Oi, back in your cage Micky pee....see my post #13

Mickp
July 18th, 2017, 03:32
Oh your right thanks Gerefan it was you LOL ,and here I was praising Moses !:mocking_mini:

Nirish guy
July 24th, 2017, 20:54
Just as an additional bit of info re PT taxis and in case its of use to others in the future - I booked then to pick my up at 11pm for my return trip back to Swampy. Glad to say even though it was raining they turned up on time ( 10 minutes early actually ) for a pre-quoted fare of 900 baht fully inclusive to the airport.

So, all good there EXCEPT that they sent a mini bus van thing which was as noisy as hell and struggled to get over 90kmsph !! which added I would say at least 15 minutes to my ( not very pleasant ) journey - thankfully I'd allowed plenty of time so it didn't re affect me and I'm guessing the reason they sent it, even though they knew I was alone, was that they'd a return flight to pick up perhaps.

So IF it matters to you and you want a car / limo perhaps that's something you should confirm with them at the time of booking to avoid any confusions or disappointment on their arrival ( when of course it's too late to do anything about it as they well know).

arsenal
July 24th, 2017, 22:18
They did the same to me NIrish and also their drivers always wanted to stop en-route to fill up with methane so I stopped using them completely.

christianpfc
July 24th, 2017, 22:36
They sent an entire van just for you? I would think a van costs extra. It can take 13 passengers (now with new regulations, before 15 ? sitting and more standing - yes I really once rode in a van where they put a wood over the aisle to seat a 4th and one more was standing, and two in front, making 18 ? passengers).

That's interesting, because a friend travels in a party of 6 plus many suitcases and wants go get from Bangkok to Hua Hin in one car, so that would be the way to go, to request a van.

gerefan2
July 25th, 2017, 00:28
Well they sent me a mini van the other day. I queried why and the driver said it was all they had available.
It broke down half way to the airport and I thought FUKKKK.
The driver got on the phone and an hour later a replacement car turned up. Fortunately I had allowed plenty of time.
I'd still recommend them ...

christianpfc
July 25th, 2017, 11:33
Thank you very much, Nirish, for mentioning the van. I had a look at their website http://www.pttaxiservice.com/ and they do vans to Hua Hin as well (why did I not get the idea on my own?), exactly what my friend is looking for.

So far I did not pay much attention to the recurring "Taxi to Pattaya" topics, but now that a friend has the need, which other services (websites?) are there?

FarangRuMak
July 25th, 2017, 13:30
The mini-van services such as the one that terminates (used to terminate?) near the Sky train station at Victory monument offer an interesting cost-saving option along with a cheap fare; free cremation immediately after death (or worse still, injury) by driver error or tyre blow-out.
I've seen the aftermath of at least 3 such accidents on TV in the same number of years.
Oh the horror, the Horror!

DrewSpz
August 1st, 2017, 08:09
Hey team,
I'm going to try this pttaxi site posted above, but wondering what everyone else pays for a public taxi from bkk to Jomtien. Thanks all

arsenal
August 1st, 2017, 08:34
I stopped using pttaxi service several years ago after a run of poor service including stop offs to fill up with methane and a van sent instead of a car complete with the drivers drugged up girlfriend. A good decission.

DrewSpz
August 1st, 2017, 09:14
Okaymso whatndo you use, mind you I'm landing at 23:40 so the coaches and buses and all aren't going that late. Thanks.

scottish-guy
August 1st, 2017, 14:26
Why not just use the rows of regular taxis queuing up at the taxi rank?

The fare is fixed at the outset and it might be a little more expensive but they are highly unlikely to have a "drugged up girlfriend" in the cab or any of the other horror stories recounted here. There is also a choice of taxi size.

Nirish guy
August 1st, 2017, 16:37
I have done on many occasions ( and would again I guess) but personally I got pissed off with the law of averages thing that being that every bloody time I get in one of those things for anything other than a short hop then sods law it turns out that WHATEVER is is they're running it on that it ends up being THE noisiest taxi in the whole of Bangkok, never such whether it's the fuel or a massive hole in their exhaust but either way it's happened more times than not. So for me for a nip into Bkk, fine, I'll risk it but for Pattaya no, I'd rather arrive without the headache and the enviable "food / fuel" stop at the services on the way up - plus from what I recall I don't think it's any cheaper that the likes of PT non metered taxis which was mcc superior ( on the way to Patts but not back in my case )

latintopxxx
August 9th, 2017, 04:42
Reason i prefer a bus is that its safer. I've taken taxis in the past and its been a white knuckle ride. If its not my kamakazi taxi driver its other suicidal road users...maybe its a Buddhist reincarnation thing where death is not a final step.

arsenal
August 9th, 2017, 10:09
I just go down the escalator and get into a yellow taxi with the price agreed upfront. I book with Thaihappytaxi for the return journey. The advantages of a taxi are numerous and one of those is avoiding the risk of sitting next to the likes of The Rabbi and Freakybum.

latintopxxx
August 9th, 2017, 11:07
...and I believe you have a hygiene related smell thing going so frequently get ejected from confined places

arsenal
August 9th, 2017, 13:29
Rabbi Poxy wrote:
"...and I believe you have a hygiene related smell thing going so frequently get ejected from confined places"

Another world class gem from our chief lordy wordsmith. Eet yur fukkin hart out Oscar Wilde.

scottish-guy
August 9th, 2017, 13:33
He'll be posting "your mother" jibes next