PDA

View Full Version : Do you like ramen? [Bangkok]

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 15:40
Pictures first :)

More info it is located over Chaopraya river opposite to Asiateque: เจริญนคร 18 กรุงเทพ, phone 0983564538
FB page https://www.facebook.com/sugoiramenchn18/

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 15:53
Prices:

FarangRuMak
July 9th, 2017, 16:29
After the first picture it was downhill.
Better reverse that.

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 17:34
After the first picture it was downhill.
Better reverse that.

if I will reverse it - then nobody will scroll down in hope to find more pics of owner :) :)

Smiles
July 9th, 2017, 17:43
You may like it Honshu, but this to-die-for wonton noodle bucket is Thai style, served for 40 baht in the night market just two blocks from our house. A bit less hiso presentation, but scarily addictive.

http://i67.tinypic.com/25yynp1.jpg

bobsaigon2
July 9th, 2017, 19:15
We have the same in Vietnam - red pork slices, won ton, noodles. Always a good choice. Can't for the life of me remember the Vietnamese name for it. Must be Mi-(noodles) something.

a447
July 9th, 2017, 20:29
I eat those Vietnamese noodles every week. When I'm in town, a bunch of us go to also Vietnamese restaurant. They order something different each week but I stick to the noodle soup.

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 20:51
I give up. Post disappears.

it is known forum's bug - words with special symbols and letters with umlauts may break posts

a447
July 9th, 2017, 20:57
Ok. Thanks. I'll give it another go.

I eat those Vietnamese noodles every week. When I'm in town, a bunch of us go to also Vietnamese restaurant. They order something different each week but I stick to the noodle soup.

On their menu they call it Xa Xieu Hoanh Thanh M

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 21:05
It is easy: mi hoanh thanh xa xiu

bobsaigon2
July 9th, 2017, 21:17
Thanks to Moses and a447, I finally figured it out. And I've only lived in Saigon for 17 years !!!

Xa Xieu = char siu (red pork slices)
Hoanh Thanh = Won ton
Mi = Noodles

a447
July 9th, 2017, 21:20
So it works if you jumble up the words and /or do not use capital letters. Is that right?

I'll try try to re-post the rest:

We also go out for ramen every week. It's my favourite Japanese food. If you like it spicy try the Kazan Tonkotsu Ramen restaurant in the building next to the Patpong night market (heading towards Soi Twilight). Absolutely delicious, or "Chou oishii", as we say.

The sugoi ramen menu appears to be a mix of Japanese and Chinese food.

cdnmatt
July 9th, 2017, 21:22
it is known forum's bug - words with special symbols and letters with umlauts may break posts
Again, why not just try switching the charset over to UTF-8 on the database table that contains the post contents? It'd just be a simple SQL statement, something like:

ALTER TABLE table_name SET CHARSET = 'UTF-8';

I could be wrong, but there's a decent chance just that would resolve it. That above SQL statement is probably wrong, but a quick Google search will tell you the right one. Most likely, mySQL is taking a fart everytime it encounters an 8 bit character like the pound symbox. Switching over the charset on a table isn't going to break any mods, as the same SQL queries will still continue to execute just fine.

If you don't believe me, just do a quick mysqldump before changing the charset. Again though, your site, so up to you. I'm just trying to help. :)

a447
July 9th, 2017, 21:36
How come this problem has suddenly appeared after all these years? Someone must have changed something. Can't it just be changed back again??

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 22:20
Again, why not just try switching the charset over to UTF-8 on the database table that contains the post contents? It'd just be a simple SQL statement, something like:

ALTER TABLE table_name SET CHARSET = 'UTF-8';

I could be wrong, but there's a decent chance just that would resolve it. That above SQL statement is probably wrong, but a quick Google search will tell you the right one. Most likely, mySQL is taking a fart everytime it encounters an 8 bit character like the pound symbox. Switching over the charset on a table isn't going to break any mods, as the same SQL queries will still continue to execute just fine.

If you don't believe me, just do a quick mysqldump before changing the charset. Again though, your site, so up to you. I'm just trying to help. :)

How you will react if I will tell you: IT IS UTF8 from time of the migration at 2016?

Moses
July 9th, 2017, 22:24
How come this problem has suddenly appeared after all these years? Someone must have changed something. Can't it just be changed back again??

You are right: with last upgrade developers fixed some security holes, but made some mistakes in code... so we are waiting for next upgrade... We cannot change back (technically we can, but it will again expose holes in security).

FarangRuMak
July 9th, 2017, 23:31
if I will reverse it - then nobody will scroll down in hope to find more pics of owner :) :)

Excellent second guessing.
But you've just spilled the beans.

Smiles
July 10th, 2017, 06:54
Er ... "ramen" and "noodles" WTF???

sglad
July 12th, 2017, 04:41
A bit less hiso presentation, but scarily addictive.

MSG? :p

Smiles
July 12th, 2017, 09:34
MSG? :p
ANAL?